Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Did you Cry Today ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Apologies, im not trying to bring people on a downer.

I was writing a letter to my daughter last night, whom I love more than life itself, I wouldn't consider myself to be an overly emotive person.Some background information, I would not see my daughter very often, nothing to do with my lifestyle choice, just to clarify... And I love writing letters, not emails. txts etc.

Anyways I was writing away, general stuff, she just started secondary school, so a lot to talk about,I lost train of thought but continued writing, I caught myself in the moment, and I was reminiscing about my baby.. cue floodgates, tears were streaming down my face, I read it again, and felt completely overwhemed with emotion, I went to bed last night feeling very sad. But woke this morning feeling very, very blessed to have such a beautiful person in my life, even if the physical presence is afar. The power of emotion.

When was the last time you cried, was it because you were angry, sad, hurt, happy etc.. all comments appreciated...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

A close friend's funeral during the summer, oh and yesterday evening chopping an onion.

over a year ago

"A close friend's funeral during the summer, oh and yesterday evening chopping an onion. "

Haha, and here I was waiting for a big tear jerker from you.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"A close friend's funeral during the summer, oh and yesterday evening chopping an onion.

Haha, and here I was waiting for a big tear jerker from you. "

I reserve that for the ladies!

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

Crying is good for you. I cry all the time.

Haven't cried today but reading some of the messages I got I just might.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I cryed when i woke up and realised it was only wednesday and i had to come to work

By *onedbodMan
over a year ago

co Galway

"I cryed when i woke up and realised it was only wednesday and i had to come to work "

over a year ago

"Apologies, im not trying to bring people on a downer.

I was writing a letter to my daughter last night, whom I love more than life itself, I wouldn't consider myself to be an overly emotive person.Some background information, I would not see my daughter very often, nothing to do with my lifestyle choice, just to clarify... And I love writing letters, not emails. txts etc.

Anyways I was writing away, general stuff, she just started secondary school, so a lot to talk about,I lost train of thought but continued writing, I caught myself in the moment, and I was reminiscing about my baby.. cue floodgates, tears were streaming down my face, I read it again, and felt completely overwhemed with emotion, I went to bed last night feeling very sad. But woke this morning feeling very, very blessed to have such a beautiful person in my life, even if the physical presence is afar. The power of emotion.

When was the last time you cried, was it because you were angry, sad, hurt, happy etc.. all comments appreciated..."

I know I'm going to get slatted for this but I have no sympathy for you one bit. There is nothing in this world that would stop me from seeing my kids on a regular basis. Thankfully I have my kids full time but if I didn't I'd make sure I'd see them regularly

I enjoy helping them with their homework or bringing them training or swimming reading them stories at night and so on.

I don't know how anyone can walk away from their kids. I know everyones situation is different but there are so many fathers out there that walk out of their kids lives when the parents separate and it's completely disgusting. Even the financial side of it too. How do these men expect the mammy to be all of a sudden able to afford and pay all the bills by herself

over a year ago

When was the last time you cried, was it because you were angry, sad, hurt, happy etc.. all comments appreciated...

I know I'm going to get slatted for this but I have no sympathy for you one bit. There is nothing in this world that would stop me from seeing my kids on a regular basis. Thankfully I have my kids full time but if I didn't I'd make sure I'd see them regularly

I enjoy helping them with their homework or bringing them training or swimming reading them stories at night and so on.

I don't know how anyone can walk away from their kids. I know everyones situation is different but there are so many fathers out there that walk out of their kids lives when the parents separate and it's completely disgusting. Even the financial side of it too. How do these men expect the mammy to be all of a sudden able to afford and pay all the bills by herself "

Maybe sometimes it might be the mammy's fault.You seem to think that they can do no wrong.

over a year ago

I cried on Monday. .. long story short a lot going on and a lot of stress and worry. I was with a friend and I just broke down ... I really cried. Actually feeling emotional thinking about it. She was so kind so patient showed me true friendship and kindness ... sometimes a good friendship is worth more then money

By *at3232Woman
over a year ago

Castlebar

Today

A friend sent me this quote.... Crying does not indicate you are weak. Since birth it has always been a sign that you are alive.

over a year ago

"Today

A friend sent me this quote.... Crying does not indicate you are weak. Since birth it has always been a sign that you are alive."

I love that

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

From the Chuck Norris thread over in the lounge yesterday... "Chuck Norris' tears can cure cancer. Too bad he never cries!"

By *irl4girlsWoman
over a year ago

Celbridge

I don't know how anyone can walk away from their kids. I know everyones situation is different but there are so many fathers out there that walk out of their kids lives when the parents separate and it's completely disgusting. Even the financial side of it too. How do these men expect the mammy to be all of a sudden able to afford and pay all the bills by herself "

Ouch !!!

over a year ago

When your finished on your soap box, can I borrow it please, first of all, you got a couple of issues, confused. I would have suggested ye have the balls to start your own thread on the topic your ranting about, which has nothing to do with the subject matter I discussed, secondly I neither asked nor want your sympathy, nor anyone else's for that matter, in relation to my circumstances. After all big boys dont cry and finally, because its been a long day.. grow the fuck up..

over a year ago

I don't know how anyone can walk away from their kids. I know everyones situation is different but there are so many fathers out there that walk out of their kids lives when the parents separate and it's completely disgusting. Even the financial side of it too. How do these men expect the mammy to be all of a sudden able to afford and pay all the bills by herself

When your finished on your soap box, can I borrow it please, first of all, you got a couple of issues, confused. I would have suggested ye have the balls to start your own thread on the topic your ranting about, which has nothing to do with the subject matter I discussed, secondly I neither asked nor want your sympathy, nor anyone else's for that matter, in relation to my circumstances. After all big boys dont cry and finally, because its been a long day.. grow the fuck up.."

It has everything to do with your thread cause if you were a proper father and in your kids life then your post would have never existed

over a year ago

I don't know how anyone can walk away from their kids. I know everyones situation is different but there are so many fathers out there that walk out of their kids lives when the parents separate and it's completely disgusting. Even the financial side of it too. How do these men expect the mammy to be all of a sudden able to afford and pay all the bills by herself Maybe sometimes it might be the mammy's fault.You seem to think that they can do no wrong."

It may quite possibly be the mammys fault absolutely but that would never stop a father been in a kids life

over a year ago

When your finished on your soap box, can I borrow it please, first of all, you got a couple of issues, confused. I would have suggested ye have the balls to start your own thread on the topic your ranting about, which has nothing to do with the subject matter I discussed, secondly I neither asked nor want your sympathy, nor anyone else's for that matter, in relation to my circumstances. After all big boys dont cry and finally, because its been a long day.. grow the fuck up..

It has everything to do with your thread cause if you were a proper father and in your kids life then your post would have never existed "

That's an absolutely shocking and unforgivable thing for you to say when you have no idea what his circumstances are. There are plenty of fathers up and down the country who never get to see their kids because some crazy ass bitch is using them as pawns.

As for the topic, I cried last Saturday morning and I nearly cried today when my car broke down. But thankfully it's all sorted now.

over a year ago

I don't know how anyone can walk away from their kids. I know everyones situation is different but there are so many fathers out there that walk out of their kids lives when the parents separate and it's completely disgusting. Even the financial side of it too. How do these men expect the mammy to be all of a sudden able to afford and pay all the bills by herself Maybe sometimes it might be the mammy's fault.You seem to think that they can do no wrong.

It may quite possibly be the mammys fault absolutely but that would never stop a father been in a kids life "

And how do you know the o.p circumstances to say what you did to him.

over a year ago

It has everything to do with your thread cause if you were a proper father and in your kids life then your post would have never existed

That's an absolutely shocking and unforgivable thing for you to say when you have no idea what his circumstances are. There are plenty of fathers up and down the country who never get to see their kids because some crazy ass bitch is using them as pawns.

As for the topic, I cried last Saturday morning and I nearly cried today when my car broke down. But thankfully it's all sorted now. "

You need to re read what I wrote. Like I said everyone has different circumstances but regardless of what the mammy is like if fathers really want to see their kids then the mammy can't stop them. The mammy may be a bitch but if fathers don't fight for their kids then in my eyes the father is worse

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Your defense of women and stance on abandonment and lack of responsibility is admirable up to a point.

You are judging it by your experience and only a snippet of the ops circumstances. You don't have all the information to jump to that conclusion.

Op first off I think letter writing is a beautiful way to communicate especially with your daughter as she progresses on to another chapter in her life. These are always emotional moments for us as parents as they are symbolic of the passing of time and while it's a new, challenging, exciting and hopefully happy move onwards for our children, it's also a closing of another chapter of their innocent childhood year's.

I have cried twice in the last few days, seeing one child off for another semester of college, after she left I spotted she had left post it notes for me reminding me how awesome she is and sadly the other time was in relation to shitty behaviour from my ex towards one of our children which brings me back to the post I have quoted...please don't judge all with the heading without all the facts. Some people really do deserve the title of deadbeat parent but extenuating circumstances can sometimes mean that not all parents are lucky enough to have 24/7 access for a variety of reasons but are still great parents. The facts paint a different picture.

Madame Boo

over a year ago

I don't know how anyone can walk away from their kids. I know everyones situation is different but there are so many fathers out there that walk out of their kids lives when the parents separate and it's completely disgusting. Even the financial side of it too. How do these men expect the mammy to be all of a sudden able to afford and pay all the bills by herself Maybe sometimes it might be the mammy's fault.You seem to think that they can do no wrong.

It may quite possibly be the mammys fault absolutely but that would never stop a father been in a kids life And how do you know the o.p circumstances to say what you did to him."

I don't know his circumstances but there is no reason in this world that in my eyes is acceptable for a father to not to be in his kids life. Only reason that's acceptable is if the kids doesn't want to see a father

over a year ago

Madame boo

I'm not judging it by any experience. My point is that I don't see any excuse for a parent be it a father or mother to not be in their kids lives

over a year ago

As for the topic, I cried last Saturday morning and I nearly cried today when my car broke down. But thankfully it's all sorted now.

You need to re read what I wrote. Like I said everyone has different circumstances but regardless of what the mammy is like if fathers really want to see their kids then the mammy can't stop them. The mammy may be a bitch but if fathers don't fight for their kids then in my eyes the father is worse "

I really don't need to reread what you wrote. You launched into a horrible personal attack on someone with no knowledge of his life or why it is like it is. I accept that you're possibly taking your standpoint because of your own experiences but I still don't and can't agree with what you said to him.

I've no wish to derail this thread so I'm stepping out of it now.

over a year ago

It may quite possibly be the mammys fault absolutely but that would never stop a father been in a kids life And how do you know the o.p circumstances to say what you did to him.

I don't know his circumstances but there is no reason in this world that in my eyes is acceptable for a father to not to be in his kids life. Only reason that's acceptable is if the kids doesn't want to see a father "

You don't have a fucking clue what you're on about

over a year ago

It may quite possibly be the mammys fault absolutely but that would never stop a father been in a kids life And how do you know the o.p circumstances to say what you did to him.

I don't know his circumstances but there is no reason in this world that in my eyes is acceptable for a father to not to be in his kids life. Only reason that's acceptable is if the kids doesn't want to see a father

You don't have a fucking clue what you're on about"

Explain how I don't then .

over a year ago

Explain how I don't then . "

As fucking if I need to explain anything to you. Not a fucking clue what you're on about.

over a year ago

As fucking if I need to explain anything to you. Not a fucking clue what you're on about. "

Sounds like ypu another runaway daddy with a reply like thato

over a year ago

I don't know his circumstances but there is no reason in this world that in my eyes is acceptable for a father to not to be in his kids life. Only reason that's acceptable is if the kids doesn't want to see a father "

Well if you don't know the circumstances of others you should keep you're mouth shut.

over a year ago

As fucking if I need to explain anything to you. Not a fucking clue what you're on about.

Sounds like ypu another runaway daddy with a reply like thato

"

Fucking wanker. You haven't a clue.

over a year ago

"Madame boo

I'm not judging it by any experience. My point is that I don't see any excuse for a parent be it a father or mother to not be in their kids lives "

Your judgement would seem to centre on myself not being in my child's life,and by defenition you assume I iam not supporting my child, be it financially, psychologically, emotionally, morally or spiritually, how did you come to this conclusion.?

over a year ago

This is my last post on this topic. I don't need to know anybodies circumstances.

My point is a general point that there is no reason or excuse in this world were a parent would not be in their kids lives on a very regular basis

over a year ago

I don't know his circumstances but there is no reason in this world that in my eyes is acceptable for a father to not to be in his kids life. Only reason that's acceptable is if the kids doesn't want to see a father Well if you don't know the circumstances of others you should keep you're mouth shut."

Judge and you will be judge... never judge someone else's choices ... there not your choices, you know nothing about this persons life

By *at3232Woman
over a year ago

Castlebar

I don't know his circumstances but there is no reason in this world that in my eyes is acceptable for a father to not to be in his kids life. Only reason that's acceptable is if the kids doesn't want to see a father Well if you don't know the circumstances of others you should keep you're mouth shut."

over a year ago

I cried yesterday. Stress and work related. I like the letter writing OP. Much nicer than a text or email

over a year ago

"This is my last post on this topic. I don't need to know anybodies circumstances.

My point is a general point that there is no reason or excuse in this world were a parent would not be in their kids lives on a very regular basis "

That's very good of you, your last post on my thread with your topic, maybe find a more meaningful way to vent your misconstrued attitude..

over a year ago

"This is my last post on this topic. I don't need to know anybodies circumstances.

My point is a general point that there is no reason or excuse in this world were a parent would not be in their kids lives on a very regular basis

That's very good of you, your last post on my thread with your topic, maybe find a more meaningful way to vent your misconstrued attitude.."

over a year ago

I cried yesterday. After 34 years waiting, had "contact" via 3rd party from a birth parent to confirm they don't want any contact whatsoever. Plus side, they acknowledged my existence which the other birth parent didn't do, and as much as I can rationalise their decision, still breaks my heart

over a year ago

"I cried yesterday. After 34 years waiting, had "contact" via 3rd party from a birth parent to confirm they don't want any contact whatsoever. Plus side, they acknowledged my existence which the other birth parent didn't do, and as much as I can rationalise their decision, still breaks my heart "

Oh god, how absolutely devastating for you xxx

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"I cried yesterday. After 34 years waiting, had "contact" via 3rd party from a birth parent to confirm they don't want any contact whatsoever. Plus side, they acknowledged my existence which the other birth parent didn't do, and as much as I can rationalise their decision, still breaks my heart "

Chin up Mise xx

Virtual hugs to ya

over a year ago

hugs

over a year ago

Thanks... it is what it is... I'll bounce back

By *lue TopazWoman
over a year ago

dublin

When your finished on your soap box, can I borrow it please, first of all, you got a couple of issues, confused. I would have suggested ye have the balls to start your own thread on the topic your ranting about, which has nothing to do with the subject matter I discussed, secondly I neither asked nor want your sympathy, nor anyone else's for that matter, in relation to my circumstances. After all big boys dont cry and finally, because its been a long day.. grow the fuck up.."

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Madame boo

I'm not judging it by any experience. My point is that I don't see any excuse for a parent be it a father or mother to not be in their kids lives

Your judgement would seem to centre on myself not being in my child's life,and by defenition you assume I iam not supporting my child, be it financially, psychologically, emotionally, morally or spiritually, how did you come to this conclusion.?"

Exactly this. It was an assumption that he jumped on, judged on and is now being rude about. Great topic op despite the attempt to derail it.

Madame Boo

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

I am sorry that you had to go through that, it must be awful.

Madame Boo

By *at3232Woman
over a year ago

Castlebar

Xxxxxx

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Madame boo

I'm not judging it by any experience. My point is that I don't see any excuse for a parent be it a father or mother to not be in their kids lives "

But he is in his daughters life and he clearly states that in that he was writing to her in between seeing her. What he also stated is that he doesn't see her often which you jumped on as abandonment which isn't the case. You got it wrong and handled it badly. Again your defensive stance of parental interaction with their children is admirable but you jumped the gun here.

over a year ago

"Madame boo

Your judgement would seem to centre on myself not being in my child's life,and by defenition you assume I iam not supporting my child, be it financially, psychologically, emotionally, morally or spiritually, how did you come to this conclusion.?

Exactly this. It was an assumption that he jumped on, judged on and is now being rude about. Great topic op despite the attempt to derail it.

Madame Boo"

Thank you, I suppose the moral of the story is, that big boys do cry.

over a year ago

That was very courageous of you to share, thank you so much..

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Madame boo

Madame Boo

Thank you, I suppose the moral of the story is, that big boys do cry."

I know, they write letters

Madame Boo

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Uh oh I misread that as don't. Easily happens

Letter writing is a beautiful way of sharing, interacting and an obviously needed outlet for a few tears. Showing your emotional side in an all to frequently cruel, cold world is a stronger braver move in my opinion.

Madame Boo

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Read this and I almost cried

I hope you find your peace...x

By *ommickMan
over a year ago

Glasgow cork

I come close when I speak with my kids it's hard being away from them and being alone in another country

over a year ago

"I come close when I speak with my kids it's hard being away from them and being alone in another country"

By *ubmick2017Man
over a year ago

east

I cried Sunday, I cry alot lately because I work in Dublin and i miss home and my family. It gets me awfully down and I have anxiety about my future. There is no simple fix.

over a year ago

"I cried Sunday, I cry alot lately because I work in Dublin and i miss home and my family. It gets me awfully down and I have anxiety about my future. There is no simple fix."

Crying wont fix the problems, as you know too well yourself, but at least your getting a release no matter how small it may seem, we all need to talk, and remember nothing stays the same, life keeps turning, and hopefully for the better in your situation, as im sure it will.

over a year ago

"I cried Sunday, I cry alot lately because I work in Dublin and i miss home and my family. It gets me awfully down and I have anxiety about my future. There is no simple fix."

It'll all work out in the end pal. Won't be the near future, but in a few years. Keep the head up

over a year ago

I hope you only pay for a black and white tv license as this seems to be your outlook never judge till you have all the facts from both sides. And still don't judge as it's not your mine or anyone else's place to.

Post new Message to Thread