Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

For the newbies

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok so just an idea.

Iv noticed a lot of newbies and unverified males posting recently about how hard it is to get verified.

i was not too long ago in the same position.

I was thinking about organising a coffee meet up for any guys or gals that would like to get verified.

During the week about lunch time.meet up on the northside of dublin,quick chat and a coffee and meet some new faces.nothing big just a handfull of people.id be happy to do it.its hard for unverified guys to get any party invites and such so this could be another option.anyone interested just send me a message.

This can be for a group or 1 on 1

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Please not all at once

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It is a good idea

over a year ago

"It is a good idea "

Im glad someone thinks so ha

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Great idea OP and well done for trying to organise it and hopefully you'll get a few that are interested

over a year ago

"Great idea OP and well done for trying to organise it and hopefully you'll get a few that are interested "

If it doesnt go ahead iv lost nothing ao no harm in it

I would have thought with the amount of blokes giving out there would have been some interest.offer stands anyway

over a year ago

What a great and thoughtful idea! Its not easy for blokes on this site. Dont know how they do it. Fair play to you! Hope it goes well

Px

over a year ago

"What a great and thoughtful idea! Its not easy for blokes on this site. Dont know how they do it. Fair play to you! Hope it goes well

Px "

Thanks.its not easy no.i struggled for ages like most and if this had of been offerd to me i would have jumped in it.figurtively speaking ha

over a year ago

Great idea hope it goes well for ya

over a year ago

"Great idea hope it goes well for ya "

Cheers hardy

over a year ago

Great idea OP. Hope it goes well.

I've seen from previous that the lads complaining about no meets and no veris on the forums go missing when something like this is suggested!

over a year ago

"Great idea OP. Hope it goes well.

I've seen from previous that the lads complaining about no meets and no veris on the forums go missing when something like this is suggested!"

Yup,well if i myself or anyone else puts up posts like this then they have no excuse.im sure there will still be a "why is it so hard to get verified" post tomorrow

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Ive done coffee meets before for newbs and unveried users. Its great when its a success. Those that want the veri will show. Then, ye have those that talk the talk but dont walk the walk so to speak.

Best of luck and good for you

over a year ago

"Ive done coffee meets before for newbs and unveried users. Its great when its a success. Those that want the veri will show. Then, ye have those that talk the talk but dont walk the walk so to speak.

Best of luck and good for you "

Id imagine as a woman offering this you would get a great response.maybe not so much for a bloke.....thanks tho

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Ive done coffee meets before for newbs and unveried users. Its great when its a success. Those that want the veri will show. Then, ye have those that talk the talk but dont walk the walk so to speak.

Id imagine as a woman offering this you would get a great response.maybe not so much for a bloke.....thanks tho "

It's still early days so hopefully you'll get some interest from the guys..

By *uietman007Man
over a year ago

Craigavon

Anyone up for that in the belfast area

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Id imagine as a woman offering this you would get a great response.maybe not so much for a bloke.....thanks tho "

I got a great response here on the forum. The show up on the day was quite different so, being a woman thats hosting doesnt matter. Having a set of balls to show up does

over a year ago

Id imagine as a woman offering this you would get a great response.maybe not so much for a bloke.....thanks tho

I got a great response here on the forum. The show up on the day was quite different so, being a woman thats hosting doesnt matter. Having a set of balls to show up does"

Thats very true.worat case scenario il enjoy a nice coffee in peace

By *0shades 2000Man
over a year ago

coleraine

Sounds like a great idea!! Pity I'm so far away!!!

over a year ago

"Sounds like a great idea!! Pity I'm so far away!!! "

Well if you ever find yourself down this direction give me a shout

By *0shades 2000Man
over a year ago

coleraine

"Sounds like a great idea!! Pity I'm so far away!!!

Well if you ever find yourself down this direction give me a shout"

Next time there's an eminem concert I'll be there lol

over a year ago

"Sounds like a great idea!! Pity I'm so far away!!!

Well if you ever find yourself down this direction give me a shout

Next time there's an eminem concert I'll be there lol "

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

The men that look for coffee meets to get that elusive verification suddenly go silent when it's a guy that offers to verify them. That's because they live in hope that a coffee meet will lead to a snog, a quicky handjob or maybe a ride.

If it's a bloke doing it then there's no hope of that.

they just can't see the bigger picture. They think a social veri from a bloke is like locking a shut door....when it could be the door opening for them.

best of luck to you OP, but I bet if you get just one lady to co-organise with you, the floodgates will open.

over a year ago

"The men that look for coffee meets to get that elusive verification suddenly go silent when it's a guy that offers to verify them. That's because they live in hope that a coffee meet will lead to a snog, a quicky handjob or maybe a ride.

they just can't see the bigger picture. They think a social veri from a bloke is like locking a shut door....when it could be the door opening for them.

best of luck to you OP, but I bet if you get just one lady to co-organise with you, the floodgates will open. "

I agree thats how 90% of them think but if that 10% or 1% take this opportunity then il be happy with that....thanks

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Theseekerofjoy might be the man to take you up on your offer OP. he's looking for the green tick.

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"The men that look for coffee meets to get that elusive verification suddenly go silent when it's a guy that offers to verify them. That's because they live in hope that a coffee meet will lead to a snog, a quicky handjob or maybe a ride.

best of luck to you OP, but I bet if you get just one lady to co-organise with you, the floodgates will open. "

Couldn't agree more with this.

over a year ago

Great idea vanman im in if it takes off

over a year ago

"Great idea vanman im in if it takes off "

over a year ago

Good idea.

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Dying to know when it is and if I'm free to go to it

over a year ago

"Dying to know when it is and if I'm free to go to it "

No time or date as of yet but by the looks of it,it will just be me and you hahaha so when you free?;)

over a year ago

Let me know if you're going ahead, I'll pop in if I'm around!

over a year ago

" Let me know if you're going ahead, I'll pop in if I'm around! "

Drop me a message if you can so il remember

over a year ago

Crazy I thought there would be loads taking you up on this opportunity OP seems people don't cop the fact if you have at least a verification you are ahead of the game because people know you are genuine! Not as if you're asking for your cock to be sucked lol or payment (which I've heard of before happening last time I was on!)

over a year ago

"Crazy I thought there would be loads taking you up on this opportunity OP seems people don't cop the fact if you have at least a verification you are ahead of the game because people know you are genuine! Not as if you're asking for your cock to be sucked lol or payment (which I've heard of before happening last time I was on!) "

Why didnt i think of paymeng haha

Yea it just goes to show most are just chancing their arms hoping a female will see their cry for help and come to the rescue.if itvwas me id jump at the chance and as you said be ahead of the game and get that green tick

over a year ago

"Crazy I thought there would be loads taking you up on this opportunity OP seems people don't cop the fact if you have at least a verification you are ahead of the game because people know you are genuine! Not as if you're asking for your cock to be sucked lol or payment (which I've heard of before happening last time I was on!)

Yea it just goes to show most are just chancing their arms hoping a female will see their cry for help and come to the rescue.if itvwas me id jump at the chance and as you said be ahead of the game and get that green tick "

The women are supposed to be the damzels in distress lol not the blokes!

over a year ago

"Crazy I thought there would be loads taking you up on this opportunity OP seems people don't cop the fact if you have at least a verification you are ahead of the game because people know you are genuine! Not as if you're asking for your cock to be sucked lol or payment (which I've heard of before happening last time I was on!)

Yea it just goes to show most are just chancing their arms hoping a female will see their cry for help and come to the rescue.if itvwas me id jump at the chance and as you said be ahead of the game and get that green tick

The women are supposed to be the damzels in distress lol not the blokes!"

But this been fab,everything is backwards

over a year ago

Best of luck x

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Great idea vanman im in if it takes off "

Don't get in the van with the stranger offering treats

Great idea op, hope it goes well and separates the fabbers from the whiners

Enjoy your coffee

Madame

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

Does it not defeat the purpose of verifications ?

Verifying people for the sake of it !

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

They will all say I'm going but most don't turn up. There is a guys drinks nite out this Friday. I will see how many turn up for this.

over a year ago

Great idea !!! I'm at EP this weekend though so let me know

over a year ago

Great idea. Dublin midweek hard for me with work. Belfast or mid Ulster if suits anyone

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Great idea and well done on having the inniative. Cheers

over a year ago

Thanks for the support guys.iv had a fair bit of interest so il update time and place soon for next week

By *hocoholicWoman
over a year ago

The big D

Don't know why guys are so shy/against meeting other guys for a verif. As a newbie I would've loved meeting some1 that could educate & chat about their experiences of the site.

over a year ago

"Don't know why guys are so shy/against meeting other guys for a verif. As a newbie I would've loved meeting some1 that could educate & chat about their experiences of the site. "

As someone else pointed out i think with a lot of guys they only want to meet a woman for a coffee to get verified thinking it might lead to something more.not realising if they meet a bloke and get the green tick its half the battle won.....the bigger picture

By *hocoholicWoman
over a year ago

The big D

"Don't know why guys are so shy/against meeting other guys for a verif. As a newbie I would've loved meeting some1 that could educate & chat about their experiences of the site.

As someone else pointed out i think with a lot of guys they only want to meet a woman for a coffee to get verified thinking it might lead to something more.not realising if they meet a bloke and get the green tick its half the battle won.....the bigger picture"

Could be altho any coffee meet I had, was just that, coffee. If we liked each other then arrangements would be made for d future but it was still gonna be just coffee.

over a year ago

"Don't know why guys are so shy/against meeting other guys for a verif. As a newbie I would've loved meeting some1 that could educate & chat about their experiences of the site.

As someone else pointed out i think with a lot of guys they only want to meet a woman for a coffee to get verified thinking it might lead to something more.not realising if they meet a bloke and get the green tick its half the battle won.....the bigger picture

Could be altho any coffee meet I had, was just that, coffee. If we liked each other then arrangements would be made for d future but it was still gonna be just coffee. "

You mean you met for a coffee and didnt drop your pants? Haha i think some people just have a fantasy about it.

By *ingerrrrWoman
over a year ago

Meath

If you'll have me I'd like to come along, daytimes suit me best and I like doing group coffees as they can be a great giggle.

I'm far from a newbie so I'm not looking for veris.

over a year ago

"If you'll have me I'd like to come along, daytimes suit me best and I like doing group coffees as they can be a great giggle.

I'm far from a newbie so I'm not looking for veris.

"

You are more than welcome,id imagine this post is going to get a lot more interest now

over a year ago

What if you don't like coffee lol

over a year ago

"What if you don't like coffee lol "

Tea or hot chocolate or a bottle of water

over a year ago

I know I'd never meet a group of lads for a coffee. But I would for a game of 5aside on astro or something followed by a few pints. The interest would be higher in that for people similar to me.

over a year ago

"I know I'd never meet a group of lads for a coffee. But I would for a game of 5aside on astro or something followed by a few pints. The interest would be higher in that for people similar to me. "
that does sound a better idea to be fair

By *aythekiddMan
over a year ago

Carlow

Hmmm I think the "really genuine guys" talk a big game about just wanting to get verified, but are generally just fishing for a woman to take pity on them and offer to meet.

I've seen lots of guys offer to verify people, even couples.

There have been newbie socials set up before, hell I even started one, plus there was a regular matching post on the forums a while back that often matched newbies with guys that could verify them...

And even with all this, the same "genuine guys" never showed up.

But I still think stuff like this is important OP, for the real fabbers out there looking to find their feet, well done.

By *rgasmExpertMan
over a year ago

Newmarket

I would be up for meeting if I was nearer. As has been previously said, a coffee meet should have no more expectation than having a drink and a chat. I am sure that meets have probably progressed further on the first meet but that is surely the minority. I would think that it would be better to get to know someone at least a little bit before going further. Maybe that's just me...

over a year ago

That's a really good idea, I would love to go, but the only problem is the lunch time, if I can escape from my job for a while I'm going for sure.

Hope you can make it and the people who wants to chat and know new faces attend to the coffee.

over a year ago

Just put up pics of yourself holding a piece of paper with your username written on it. Boom. Your profile is legit. It worked for me. I've had zero meets yet lol but plenty offers and kik usernames thrown my way. They odd Skype given to me too ha. If people don't think your real with those pics on your profile then they need to grow a brain haha But ya it's not hard guys!

over a year ago

I think it's a great idea and I wish you the best of luck. Organising m&g can be hard to organise but worthwhile by the end of it!

over a year ago

"I know I'd never meet a group of lads for a coffee. But I would for a game of 5aside on astro or something followed by a few pints. The interest would be higher in that for people similar to me. "

I get that but this is a daytime thing,on a lunch break and so on.its not just for lads,so far 2 of tge fab ladies have offerd to come along.if newbies want to get verified so badly then im sure having a few mins chat with a bloke isnt the worst thing

over a year ago

Great idea am verdied my pity love to go to this one

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"Just put up pics of yourself holding a piece of paper with your username written on it. Boom. Your profile is legit. It worked for me. I've had zero meets yet lol but plenty offers and kik usernames thrown my way. They odd Skype given to me too ha. If people don't think your real with those pics on your profile then they need to grow a brain haha But ya it's not hard guys!"

......yeah it's totally the sign working for you.

over a year ago

Paul,

This is a great idea ... thank you... I'm definitely up for this

Regards

Boogie

over a year ago

Id be interested in going OP drop me a message and if im not after been doing a nightshift in my club id be up for it no harm in meeting like minded guys or girls

By *asilbrush999Man
over a year ago

Galway

That's a great idea definitely count me in !!

By *ingerrrrWoman
over a year ago

Meath

"Just put up pics of yourself holding a piece of paper with your username written on it. Boom. Your profile is legit. It worked for me. I've had zero meets yet lol but plenty offers and kik usernames thrown my way. They odd Skype given to me too ha. If people don't think your real with those pics on your profile then they need to grow a brain haha But ya it's not hard guys!"

What piece of paper?.. I can't see anything but muscles... swoon...

;-)

over a year ago

Count me in

over a year ago

When are you thinking of meeting up OP ?

over a year ago

Wed morning at 11.if this doesnt suit anyone il happily organise it again for a different day next week as i said im pretty flexible with times.

Drop me a message for the details

over a year ago

BUMP!

By *reenfrogoMan
over a year ago

nearby

"Ok so just an idea.

Iv noticed a lot of newbies and unverified males posting recently about how hard it is to get verified.

i was not too long ago in the same position.

I was thinking about organising a coffee meet up for any guys or gals that would like to get verified.

During the week about lunch time.meet up on the northside of dublin,quick chat and a coffee and meet some new faces.nothing big just a handfull of people.id be happy to do it.its hard for unverified guys to get any party invites and such so this could be another option.anyone interested just send me a message.

This can be for a group or 1 on 1"

Thanks! Great idea. It's frustrating alright. My only problem now is that Dublin is too far away for a cup of coffee!! Oh well.

over a year ago

hey id be interested just not every day would suit as i am traveling about an hour up, but if you plan a time defo let me know. great idea too man I have been struggling.

over a year ago

sorry meant to say wednesday doesn't suit if you range for next week let me know.

By *ot platonicMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Wednesday morning at 11 would suit me, providing its in the greater Dublin area... Getting verified on here ain't easy!

over a year ago

Had a good bit of interest but a few have dropped out and evwn deleted their profiles already but that was to be expected.still a couple that are interested so its still going ahead

over a year ago

This was to go ahead today at 11.it seems everyone dropped out,almost 10 guys.however i myself will still be tbere enjoying a nice coffee on the off chance anyone decides to come along

over a year ago

Love to come to such a meet.

over a year ago

"This was to go ahead today at 11.it seems everyone dropped out,almost 10 guys.however i myself will still be tbere enjoying a nice coffee on the off chance anyone decides to come along "

Sadly this happens all too often. And whatever anyone says - its usually the single men that are the no shows.

You tried, fair play to you

Enjoy your coffee

over a year ago

Wouldn't bother my hole with them lot pal.

over a year ago

I enjoyed a lovely latte in my own company.i tried and i was pretty much expecting this outcome.oh well

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"I enjoyed a lovely latte in my own company.i tried and i was pretty much expecting this outcome.oh well"

So nobody showed? Not one person? good god give me strength!! Goes to show you all the same about those that talk the talk and dont walk the walk. At least you tried, well done anyway.

over a year ago

"I enjoyed a lovely latte in my own company.i tried and i was pretty much expecting this outcome.oh well

So nobody showed? Not one person? good god give me strength!! Goes to show you all the same about those that talk the talk and dont walk the walk. At least you tried, well done anyway. "

Not a soul! 15 or so said they would show then 1 by 1 they dropped out but they let me know so it could have been worse

over a year ago

Ah come too cork ill have that drink with ya bud.. if we could swap the latte for a pint id def show up

over a year ago

"I enjoyed a lovely latte in my own company.i tried and i was pretty much expecting this outcome.oh well

So nobody showed? Not one person? good god give me strength!! Goes to show you all the same about those that talk the talk and dont walk the walk. At least you tried, well done anyway. "

They're scared that they will have been veri'd by a man.

What they don't realise is that some people don't care who the veri is from - they just like to see that you actually turn up.

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

So nobody showed? Not one person? good god give me strength!! Goes to show you all the same about those that talk the talk and dont walk the walk. At least you tried, well done anyway.

Not a soul! 15 or so said they would show then 1 by 1 they dropped out but they let me know so it could have been worse"

Some people are beyond help, well done for trying, hope at least there was some talent in the coffee shop to distract yourself with...

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Hardly surprising. Armchair swingers.

over a year ago

"Hardly surprising. Armchair swingers. "
I would love one of those Armchair's that swing.Lol

over a year ago

Not a soul! 15 or so said they would show then 1 by 1 they dropped out but they let me know so it could have been worse"

Jesus - that's bad form. I think the same thing happened to one of the guys last week who organised a social. Nobody turned up.

Some people are so inconsiderate.

over a year ago

At least we can scroll up and see who most of them might've been.

over a year ago

"At least we can scroll up and see who most of them might've been."

Yep

over a year ago

"This was to go ahead today at 11.it seems everyone dropped out,almost 10 guys.however i myself will still be tbere enjoying a nice coffee on the off chance anyone decides to come along "

Disappointing to hear that, but not surprising, personally op I wouldn't, consider organising a meet and greet for newbies, until they have been on the sight for at least 12 weeks. I know this will still throw up its issues, I would also insist that they go through the terrible inconvenience of getting photo verified before they are welcome to attend such meet...12 weeks in my opinion is not a long time to get somewhat familiar with this sight.

By *oey4somefunMan
over a year ago

Dublin/Drogheda

Hi, I am on Fab about 8 weeks now. I only saw this post as I never really look on the forums. Just getting used to it I suppose. Anyway can't believe nobody showed up to the social. I would of thought lots would be up for it. Pity cos I think its a really good idea for newbies like myself. I would love the opportunity if it ever happens again as it is so hard for a new guy on this. Fingers crossed for another social.

By *onbonsnaxMan
over a year ago

dublin

Hi Paul what a great idea. Im findit it tough to get verified on here. Anyone here willing to meet just chat and maybe a few words on how it works here and what are the do's and dont's it would be greatly appreciated. Message me and if you jeed to see a pic fpr verification that is no problem

By *aythekiddMan
over a year ago

Carlow

I feel your pain OP

Post new Message to Thread