Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Fear Of Commenting on Forums

Jump to newest

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Lately, I'm finding a few people pm me with a funny response, question or view to a comment I made on the forum. I've no problem with that, so all good there

But then I started thinking back to when I initially joined FAB, commented on the forum to have two women nit-pick what I said with a gallant white-knight thrown in for good measure to contend with Wasn't a nice start, but since then, I've grown a solid cast iron chin

Now, I was wondering if anyone ever feels or has felt a little apprehensive or even fearful about commenting on a thread or forum??? C'mon be honest here ...

btw Newbies are extra welcome to comment here ...

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have numerous times if I'm honest, not say this board is like this but some forums are a tad clicky

Reply privately

over a year ago

Rarely post due to that fact. Many times I write a comment and delete before posting. I don't find forums too friendly and welcoming. Unless you always want to put a shining armour on and ride on a white horse... that kind of a thing.

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"I have numerous times if I'm honest, not say this board is like this but some forums are a tad clicky "

---------------

Clicky is the right word and that's exactly how I found it myself initially. Would be good just to get some honest opinions off any newbies here.

Big chance to get things off your chest here! Metaphorically ...

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Rarely post due to that fact. Many times I write a comment and delete before posting. I don't find forums too friendly and welcoming. Unless you always want to put a shining armour on and ride on a white horse... that kind of a thing. "

-------------

Well, fairplay to you for being straight up. Am sure there's a lot more lads in the same boat, who want to say something or crack a joke but fear the possible backlash and the noble white-donkey... I mean knight thrown in the mix afterwards. Well done man

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never mind the clicky egotistical f@#kers...or their nights in shining sh#te or whatever they think they are....ohhhh glad I got that off my chest....happy fabbing everyone...Tony....

Reply privately

By *onniebumWoman
over a year ago

Tell ya later

Yes I have felt the fear...but posted anyway. Some very nasty women that didn't like my comments, decided, not just to disagree, which is their prerogative, but to slate my profile and my paltry verifications. Imo its those types that are all that are wrong about FAB.

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Never mind the clicky egotistical f@#kers...or their nights in shining sh#te or whatever they think they are....ohhhh glad I got that off my chest....happy fabbing everyone...Tony.... "

----------------

C'mon Tony, let it out... allowed say a full bad word here!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Never mind the clicky egotistical f@#kers...or their nights in shining sh#te or whatever they think they are....ohhhh glad I got that off my chest....happy fabbing everyone...Tony....

----------------

C'mon Tony, let it out... allowed say a full bad word here! "

Naaaaah I wouldn't lower myself.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lately, I'm finding a few people pm me with a funny response, question or view to a comment I made on the forum. I've no problem with that, so all good there

But then I started thinking back to when I initially joined FAB, commented on the forum to have two women nit-pick what I said with a gallant white-knight thrown in for good measure to contend with Wasn't a nice start, but since then, I've grown a solid cast iron chin

Now, I was wondering if anyone ever feels or has felt a little apprehensive or even fearful about commenting on a thread or forum??? C'mon be honest here ...

btw Newbies are extra welcome to comment here ..."

I've been banned numerous times for making comments, fuck em

Soon to get banned again re "profiles thread"

Do I care.. Not a monkies.

Have I got private messages telling me they liked my comment but won't post on the same thread .. Yep

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Yes I have felt the fear...but posted anyway. Some very nasty women that didn't like my comments, decided, not just to disagree, which is their prerogative, but to slate my profile and my paltry verifications. Imo its those types that are all that are wrong about FAB. "

---------------

Had parts of my profile quoted back to me as a taunt like "Ohhh Mr Break your bed and not your heart" etc... I let that go, but decided to joust the alpha White-knight off his horse. He ended up a stableboy shortly afterwards

But knocking a profile and veris sounds petty. Hope you're getting better treatment these days

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Lately, I'm finding a few people pm me with a funny response, question or view to a comment I made on the forum. I've no problem with that, so all good there

Have I got private messages telling me they liked my comment but won't post on the same thread .. Yep"

--------------

Got "a holiday" myself once but it was soooo worth it Got a few pm's, coffee meets and a ride as a result out of it...

W00 HOO!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have I got private messages telling me they liked my comment but won't post on the same thread .. Yep

--------------

Got "a holiday" myself once but it was soooo worth it Got a few pm's, coffee meets and a ride as a result out of it...

W00 HOO!! "

The forum is great for the random hello's because of a post you made

I usually keep it light heated but there's times I just can't resist

Reply privately

over a year ago

To many twist the origional post to make it about themselves ... ego's need boosted lol

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

--------------

W00 HOO!!

I usually keep it light heated but there's times I just can't resist "

------------

Am actually getting loads of pm's off of this forum atm. Soooo funny!

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"To many twist the origional post to make it about themselves ... ego's need boosted lol "

---------------------

Always a few piss takers and have been guilty of that once or twice myself... But hijaking of a forum does go on...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"To many twist the origional post to make it about themselves ... ego's need boosted lol "

Oh man the amount of threads that just veer off

Does gin make you emotional

Reply privately

over a year ago

--------------

W00 HOO!!

I usually keep it light heated but there's times I just can't resist

------------

Am actually getting loads of pm's off of this forum atm. Soooo funny! "

It's the apron

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have numerous times if I'm honest, not say this board is like this but some forums are a tad clicky

---------------

Clicky is the right word and that's exactly how I found it myself initially. Would be good just to get some honest opinions off any newbies here.

Big chance to get things off your chest here! Metaphorically ..."

The forums are clicky and basically if you are not part of the click you are nervous about posting in the forums as you will either be ignored or ridiculed.

It also goes further than the forum and a person can be on fab on and off for over 6 years and have a good reputation and friends but a member of the click decides you have slagged her off...messaged the guys on her verification list and insulted her...im not really sure what I was accused of tbh. But you can be lied about, your character blackened and have to leave fab due to these people.

When a good friend you have met of here is told by a woman that she wouldnt meet him cause he has met me....as I'm bad news as I have done the above...well that says it all.

A majority of my real friends on here told me to stay and not let them win again but its not worth the agro of feeling you are being discussed and blocked by strangers.

They also said to name and shame as the so called click gets away with such behaviour far too much but I cant as I dont know who started this about me!.

Im sorry for hijacking your post but it was my final opportunity to have my say before I go.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would avoid it tbh but i do if i really want to make a comment but i never go back and check replys or anything . I just say what i want and move on , i don't dwell on peoples opinions of the thread or of me . I can see how it can be intimidating if people are socially sensitive

Reply privately

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

just be yourselves folks, no-one of any value ever wants you to be anything else!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I would avoid it tbh but i do if i really want to make a comment but i never go back and check replys or anything . I just say what i want and move on , i don't dwell on peoples opinions of the thread or of me . I can see how it can be intimidating if people are socially sensitive "

That's me.. Comment and move on .. Ish

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"I would avoid it tbh but i do if i really want to make a comment but i never go back and check replys or anything . I just say what i want and move on , i don't dwell on peoples opinions of the thread or of me . I can see how it can be intimidating if people are socially sensitive "

--------------

I am curious as to people's views and comments are so I do check the odd time. Course, there is one or two trolls lurking on the forums ready to patronize but comes with the territory ...

Reply privately

By *ocforuMan
over a year ago

Cork City

Take no notice of does people every body has there own opinion but that's not right what they do to you

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"I have numerous times if I'm honest, not say this board is like this but some forums are a tad clicky

---------------

Big chance to get things off your chest here! Metaphorically ...

The forums are clicky and basically if you are not part of the click you are nervous about posting in the forums as you will either be ignored or ridiculed.

It also goes further than the forum and a person can be on fab on and off for over 6 years and have a good reputation and friends but a member of the click decides you have slagged her off...messaged the guys on her verification list and insulted her...im not really sure what I was accused of tbh. But you can be lied about, your character blackened and have to leave fab due to these people.

When a good friend you have met of here is told by a woman that she wouldnt meet him cause he has met me....as I'm bad news as I have done the above...well that says it all.

A majority of my real friends on here told me to stay and not let them win again but its not worth the agro of feeling you are being discussed and blocked by strangers.

They also said to name and shame as the so called click gets away with such behaviour far too much but I cant as I dont know who started this about me!.

Im sorry for hijacking your post but it was my final opportunity to have my say before I go.

"

---------------

You didn't hijack anything so no apology is necessary. Everyone's entitled to the chance of meeting people and yes, having some physical fun so sorry to read that...

Just an idea but would you consider taking a break for few weeks, then starting afresh again? Swinging allows for re-inventing oneself too!

Keep your head up and hope things work out

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"just be yourselves folks, no-one of any value ever wants you to be anything else!!"

---------------

Unapologetically be yourself

Reply privately

over a year ago

No one should be afraid to post on the forums.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion..but unfortunately there's always a few that use the forums to get a dig at others.. Its pure childish carry on..we're all here for a good time and fun .

Reply privately

over a year ago

In my opinion people who patronize others just to make themselves feel better .

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Take no notice of does people every body has there own opinion but that's not right what they do to you"

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"To many twist the origional post to make it about themselves ... ego's need boosted lol

Does gin make you emotional "

-------------------

Whisky... and JD if you're ever ordering!

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"No one should be afraid to post on the forums.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion..but unfortunately there's always a few that use the forums to get a dig at others.. Its pure childish carry on..we're all here for a good time and fun . "

--------------

I don't mind a slag but one or two people on forums with bad intentions So, let them off if you can...

Reply privately

By *heilsWoman
over a year ago

Midlands

"To many twist the origional post to make it about themselves ... ego's need boosted lol

-------------------

Whisky... and JD if you're ever ordering! "

Ah sure...I'll have one if you're ordering!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bad intentions are only that intentions same as a thought is only that a thought .These things usually pass but if you feed into things then that is where it can all go wrong for oneself xx.

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Bad intentions are only that intentions same as a thought is only that a thought .These things usually pass but if you feed into things then that is where it can all go wrong for oneself xx."

----------------

We're all human at the end of the day and can get pulled into the trolling and the drama at times

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

-------------------

Whisky... and JD if you're ever ordering!

Ah sure...I'll have one if you're ordering!!!"

-----------------------

Think it's your round

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its a little bit snappy sometimes, too serious, and repeat threads. Can be alright sometimes too. But too serious mainly

Reply privately

By *ustGentMan
over a year ago

The Shades, Anhkmorpork(mountmellick)

I'm always apprehensive about commenting, i just feel I'm opening myself up for people and in fairness I'm fairly self conscious, lol, Not a site to be on if you're self conscious, lol, but yes even writing on this thread you're thinking should i or more importantly what will people think of me if i comment, lol

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"I'm always apprehensive about commenting, i just feel I'm opening myself up for people and in fairness I'm fairly self conscious, lol, Not a site to be on if you're self conscious, lol, but yes even writing on this thread you're thinking should i or more importantly what will people think of me if i comment, lol"

Well, you just did so...

Reply privately

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Not so much fear if commenting...

I'll post and walk away and not get involved in the bitching that goes on so often on so many threads...

But I often type a post read it then just delete... it leads to a quieter life thst way...

Reply privately

By *tranTV/TS
over a year ago

City

It's not a fear of the white knights, or the girls who will drag an argument out of someone. It's the fact it will probably get them banned and not the white knight.

You can get a meet a week without ever commenting on here, why risk a ban, or an argument, or whatnot. SO why not just reply in person to cool stuff you read on here and leave the getting banned to new people who just dont know any better and get suckered into it.

Reply privately

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I shouldn't be replying as I've had a few (again!!).

Post and be damned but fuck them.

As long as you are posting your opinion about the thread, its valid, if it's your genuine opinion. A joke is OK as long as it doesn't take thread off topic and you put some sort of emoji at end so people don't think it's a serious comment, as that's what often derails threads, when your comments are not seen in context.

I may also be one of the White Knights but only if I feel a thread has gotten to a disrespectful stage or targeting of a specific poster. I will defend people if others are being abusive, regardless of their gender. Live and let live. Respect everyone's right to their opinion and the world is a happier place.

Reply privately

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"I shouldn't be replying as I've had a few (again!!).

As long as you are posting your opinion about the thread, its valid, if it's your genuine opinion. A joke is OK as long as it doesn't take thread off topic and you put some sort of emoji at end so people don't think it's a serious comment, as that's what often derails threads, when your comments are not seen in context.

I may also be one of the White Knights but only if I feel a thread has gotten to a disrespectful stage or targeting of a specific poster. I will defend people if others are being abusive, regardless of their gender. Live and let live. Respect everyone's right to their opinion and the world is a happier place."

I should also add, I'm not a member of any clique and have yet to be invited to any secret forum clique meeting

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh Lordy. I'm getting paranoid again!

Reply privately

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Oh Lordy. I'm getting paranoid again! "

Stay off the shmoke

Reply privately

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I couldn't give a flying feck. I will always be me and speak my mind. If people like it then that's great for me and if others don't, couldn't care. At times though if I feel that I was or am being a di*k then I'll apologise, if they don't want to accept a sincere apology then for me it just becomes a case of "Ahhh, go f**k yourself". Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bad intentions are only that intentions same as a thought is only that a thought .These things usually pass but if you feed into things then that is where it can all go wrong for oneself xx.

----------------

We're all human at the end of the day and can get pulled into the trolling and the drama at times "

Only if a person allows themselves to be

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"It's not a fear of the white knights, or the girls who will drag an argument out of someone. It's the fact it will probably get them banned and not the white knight.

You can get a meet a week without ever commenting on here, why risk a ban, or an argument, or whatnot. SO why not just reply in person to cool stuff you read on here and leave the getting banned to new people who just dont know any better and get suckered into it."

-------------

When I arrived on the Fab forums, posted an opinion then had someone nit-pick my comment & slag my profile, bans didn't come into my mind. I went on the offensive and did the very same back to them Not nice but necessary then...

I would hate to think that newbies have to contend with that nonsense still especially guys who are getting onto the forums to get more well known, especially as a single guy's profile can be a quiet & lonely place for any guy starting on FAB.

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

I couldn't give a flying feck. I will always be me and speak my mind. If people like it then that's great for me and if others don't, couldn't care. At times though if I feel that I was or am being a di*k then I'll apologise, if they don't want to accept a sincere apology then for me it just becomes a case of "Ahhh, go f**k yourself". Lol "

----------------

You might not, but there are people here who think that if they make any forum comment at all, they'll be torn asunder That's not healthy...

Just thought was worth putting up a forum to get a newbies side of things or any Fabber whoever posted and then had to face a few jibes or unsavoury comments...

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

I may also be one of the White Knights but only if I feel a thread has gotten to a disrespectful stage or targeting of a specific poster. I will defend people if others are being abusive, regardless of their gender. Live and let live. Respect everyone's right to their opinion and the world is a happier place."

--------------

Interesting, as I always thought that a "White-knight" was more of ass kisser, usually a male who agrees with the ladies then defends their honour on the forums against a guy who expresses an opposite opinion to what the ladies say...

My interpretation anyway...

If someone on the Forum is getting ridiculed or torn asunder for no valid reason, some of us would jump in. Is that being a "white knight" too or just standing up for someone?

Am genuinely curious ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

OP well done for this thread but your responses are showing you up as a much better person again. It's actually refreshing to see a decent person in action on this forum. Kerp up the great work

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"OP well done for this thread but your responses are showing you up as a much better person again. It's actually refreshing to see a decent person in action on this forum. Kerp up the great work "

-------------

We were all newbies or new to Fab Forums at some stage. Even recently I'd a long term Fabber try to patronise, covertly imply and and attempt to provoke a response out of me, then he acts all innocent. Good try, will give you that

So, if I'm getting that treatment, Lord knows what nonsense some of you first time FAB posters are getting. Thanks man btw

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP well done for this thread but your responses are showing you up as a much better person again. It's actually refreshing to see a decent person in action on this forum. Kerp up the great work

-------------

We were all newbies or new to Fab Forums at some stage. Even recently I'd a long term Fabber try to patronise, covertly imply and and attempt to provoke a response out of me, then he acts all innocent. Good try, will give you that

So, if I'm getting that treatment, Lord knows what nonsense some of you first time FAB posters are getting. Thanks man btw "

Your welcome fella. I usually just get ignored on forums and to be fair I can understand it. Forums seem to be for guys and girls to flirt. No one really seems to know how to respond to the gay guy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've found the guys to be more bitchy and moany then the women tbh tho the odd women has had a moan and I agree with cliquey statement usually same people commenting on threads together and messing about on them which I don't mind people having laugh on them tbf

Reply privately

over a year ago

If people are too sensitive to post their opinions on a forum, how do they handle rejection? I can't imagine very well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's not a fear of the white knights, or the girls who will drag an argument out of someone. It's the fact it will probably get them banned and not the white knight.

You can get a meet a week without ever commenting on here, why risk a ban, or an argument, or whatnot. SO why not just reply in person to cool stuff you read on here and leave the getting banned to new people who just dont know any better and get suckered into it.

-------------

When I arrived on the Fab forums, posted an opinion then had someone nit-pick my comment & slag my profile, bans didn't come into my mind. I went on the offensive and did the very same back to them Not nice but necessary then...

I would hate to think that newbies have to contend with that nonsense still especially guys who are getting onto the forums to get more well known, especially as a single guy's profile can be a quiet & lonely place for any guy starting on FAB. "

First time I started a thread on the forums. I was made a joke out of by some we'll knowing forum user's. I told them they made a big mistake and believe me they soon found out just how big a mistake they had made. I never let bullies win.

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"If people are too sensitive to post their opinions on a forum, how do they handle rejection? I can't imagine very well. "

-----------

Getting your sent message "deleted" is hardly rejection really!

Fear of ridiculed in a public forum is hardly being "sensitive"...as no one wants to look a fool or front of other Fabbers here...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is there really all this drama on threads as I havnt seen any yet or maybe I'm just oblivious to it lol. Also I don't give fuck what people think so didn't have any worries about commenting and starting my own threads most of which been popular as people be commenting days after I've put them up lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sadly from my experience most of the ones who are in 'cliques' in the forum are actually Mods or admin or part of the company ..they will actually pounce on you and bite your head off for daring to question anything or disagree with them .. They won't have any word said about ineffective 'policing' , customer complaints or problems .. they just gang up on you continue to 'dig' at you and almost ( but not in my case!) try to push you out as you are cleearly bad for business .. I say more people should say what they think and be brave enough to do so .. It won't change their attitude to their customer base or anything else am sure .. but just like throwing the first punch in a fight when you get ganged up on .. even if you do get a good kicking it somehow makes you feel better

Sydney University be damned .. am sure there must be some crap customer service complaints ombudsman that can be spoken to about it all ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

-------------

I would hate to think that newbies have to contend with that nonsense still especially guys who are getting onto the forums to get more well known, especially as a single guy's profile can be a quiet & lonely place for any guy starting on FAB. First time I started a thread on the forums. I was made a joke out of by some we'll knowing forum user's. I told them they made a big mistake and believe me they soon found out just how big a mistake they had made. I never let bullies win."

Well that doesn't sound weird or disturbing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-------------

I would hate to think that newbies have to contend with that nonsense still especially guys who are getting onto the forums to get more well known, especially as a single guy's profile can be a quiet & lonely place for any guy starting on FAB. First time I started a thread on the forums. I was made a joke out of by some we'll knowing forum user's. I told them they made a big mistake and believe me they soon found out just how big a mistake they had made. I never let bullies win.

Well that doesn't sound weird or disturbing. "

?

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Is there really all this drama on threads as I havnt seen any yet or maybe I'm just oblivious to it lol. Also I don't give fuck what people think so didn't have any worries about commenting and starting my own threads most of which been popular as people be commenting days after I've put them up lol "

-----------

I know... You're a legend on the forums. Some great ones too!

Reply privately

over a year ago

-------------

I would hate to think that newbies have to contend with that nonsense still especially guys who are getting onto the forums to get more well known, especially as a single guy's profile can be a quiet & lonely place for any guy starting on FAB. First time I started a thread on the forums. I was made a joke out of by some we'll knowing forum user's. I told them they made a big mistake and believe me they soon found out just how big a mistake they had made. I never let bullies win.

Well that doesn't sound weird or disturbing. ?"

I was being sarcastic.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-------------

Well that doesn't sound weird or disturbing. ?

I was being sarcastic. "

No problem.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there really all this drama on threads as I havnt seen any yet or maybe I'm just oblivious to it lol. Also I don't give fuck what people think so didn't have any worries about commenting and starting my own threads most of which been popular as people be commenting days after I've put them up lol

-----------

I know... You're a legend on the forums. Some great ones too!"

thanks mate I'm enjoying your thread here as didn't know this kinda stuff went on tho I'm only here a month lol

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

-------------

I would hate to think that newbies have to contend with that nonsense still especially guys who are getting onto the forums to get more well known, especially as a single guy's profile can be a quiet & lonely place for any guy starting on FAB.

First time I started a thread on the forums. I was made a joke out of by some we'll knowing forum user's. I told them they made a big mistake and believe me they soon found out just how big a mistake they had made. I never let bullies win.

Well that doesn't sound weird or disturbing. "

-----------

Now newbie Fabbers, this is a prime example of how things can kick off on Fab forums...

Gent A makes a comment then Gent B fires some sarcasm without anything to back it up with..

What happens next is that a provoker usually steps in with "I'm gonna get the popcorn and stand back [smiley emoji]... and that only fires things up more...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If people are too sensitive to post their opinions on a forum, how do they handle rejection? I can't imagine very well.

-----------

Fear of ridiculed in a public forum is hardly being "sensitive"...as no one wants to look a fool or front of other Fabbers here...

"

It kinda is though. I mean, what's the big deal about it? So a post/thread gets some stick. build a bridge tbh. As I said, if they can't handle that well then rejection isn't going to be a pleasant experience.

Reply privately

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Here's my tuppence worth, the clique card gets thrown around quite alot on the forums. Do I believe sometimes people get ridiculed yes, but opinions are like arseholes everyone has one.

If people can't voice there opinion in a public forum its rather sad. People shouldn't feel they can't post or afraid to post afraid of what? Yes there are people that post to get a reaction of negativity if that what rocks there boat let them off..it don't stop me never had and never will..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If people are too sensitive to post their opinions on a forum, how do they handle rejection? I can't imagine very well.

-----------

It kinda is though. I mean, what's the big deal about it? So a post/thread gets some stick. build a bridge tbh. As I said, if they can't handle that well then rejection isn't going to be a pleasant experience. "

It might very well be a big deal for a newbie that never posted on the forums. If he or she gets bullied or abused most of them will probably never bother to post on the forums again. All because the clique wants some entertainment.

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

-----------

It kinda is though. I mean, what's the big deal about it? So a post/thread gets some stick. build a bridge tbh. As I said, if they can't handle that well then rejection isn't going to be a pleasant experience. "

--------------

The big deal is that you yourself may not have had to deal with what the crap others have to deal with on the forums...

Am genuinely curious as to what you define as "rejection" btw??

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Ah sure I remember when new on here first I only read the forum threads, then after a while posted the odd comment and yes sometimes had the feeling that my posts got ignored but I think it's more a newbie perception rather than anything else. it's a fact that you won't get a reply each time you post.

Yes I also had the perception that there's a clique, that everyone knows everyone which isn't actually the case. Some do know each other alright from parties/m&g but most people only know the 'forum personae' and have never met each other. In other words by reading and posting on the forum you get to know other posters and your replies will get more character specific or you might have some running gags etc that might give a newbie the perception that there's a clique. It's actually easy enough to tune in here once you get your head around this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

It kinda is though. I mean, what's the big deal about it? So a post/thread gets some stick. build a bridge tbh. As I said, if they can't handle that well then rejection isn't going to be a pleasant experience.

--------------

The big deal is that you yourself may not have had to deal with what the crap others have to deal with on the forums...

Am genuinely curious as to what you define as "rejection" btw??"

Maybe I have? I mean, I'm pretty sure I have. It's the internet. I'd be doing well to have posted as often as I do without getting some stick a long the way. The difference probably is I ignore it.

Rejection is rejection. Being ignored, someone telling you they aren't interested, someone not showing up to meet you etc etc.

Reply privately

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

-----------

Are you saying people who get upset about rejection, or being publicly made fun of are too sensitive?

Yeah, they should toughen up and just get on with it.. definitely.thats the way to go

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

Are you saying people who get upset about rejection, or being publicly made fun of are too sensitive?

"

Yep.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wouldn't go as far as saying a fear of commenting. That said I have noticed a pattern whereby the original poster of a thread will interact more with those they are familiar with moreso than with newbies or those they havent interacted with before which can be off putting at times. It's like the thread is for them and their mates imo.

Reply privately

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

-----------

Yep.

"

Ok, noted. Nice.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

Yep.

"

What's your opinion on certain groups of people bullying others of the site is that OK.

Reply privately

By *evilinsidemeMan
over a year ago

Trim

It's easy to criticize or be a keyboard warrior, but I still find the forums the best way to get chatting and some of your personality across.

Plus there are some fun people on here you might not notice in update threads or searches.

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

-----------

--------------

Maybe I have? I mean, I'm pretty sure I have. It's the internet. I'd be doing well to have posted as often as I do without getting some stick a long the way. The difference probably is I ignore it.

Rejection is rejection. Being ignored, someone telling you they aren't interested, someone not showing up to meet you etc etc. "

-------------

Rejection is being told face-to-face "I'm not interested"... If someone ignores my messages here or worst still deletes my message that's not rejecting me... Sure they don't even know me as a person, so how can they reject me??

Someone agreeing to meet then not showing isn't rejecting you either... it's just being rude or being a coward. Take your pick..

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

--------------

Rejection is rejection. Being ignored, someone telling you they aren't interested, someone not showing up to meet you etc etc.

-------------

Rejection is being told face-to-face "I'm not interested"... If someone ignores my messages here or worst still deletes my message that's not rejecting me... Sure they don't even know me as a person, so how can they reject me??

Someone agreeing to meet then not showing isn't rejecting you either... it's just being rude or being a coward. Take your pick.."

its called being ignored. And it can make someone feel quite lonely if it happens regularly

Reply privately

over a year ago

Great topic to bring up!! I like reading the forums, and might leave a very rare comment. But my god clicky clicky clicky. Its the same 8-10 people bantering between each other on nearly every thread. Gets a bit boring zzzzzzz

No doubt ill get lambasted for saying that but hey ho.

Px

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

-----------

--------------

-------------

Someone agreeing to meet then not showing isn't rejecting you either... it's just being rude or being a coward. Take your pick.."

Actually they are all forms of rejection.

Reply privately

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

"Great topic to bring up!! I like reading the forums, and might leave a very rare comment. But my god clicky clicky clicky. Its the same 8-10 people bantering between each other on nearly every thread. Gets a bit boring zzzzzzz

Px"

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/08/17 10:58:02]

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

Yep.

What's your opinion on certain groups of people bullying others of the site is that OK."

I haven't seen any examples of bullying here. I have seen people consistently post shite and get called out on it though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

Yep.

What's your opinion on certain groups of people bullying others of the site is that OK.

I haven't seen any examples of bullying here. I have seen people consistently post shite and get called out on it though. "

But if you did happen to come across someone being bullied on the site.Would you say or do anything about it or would you Just ignore it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

--------------

-------------

As pointed out, they are all examples of rejection.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

Yep.

I haven't seen any examples of bullying here. I have seen people consistently post shite and get called out on it though. But if you did happen to come across someone being bullied on the site.Would you say or do anything about it or would you Just ignore it."

I'd say something.

Ironing is though, if it was a women who was being bullied and I said something I'd probably be accused of being a white-knight.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

Yep.

I haven't seen any examples of bullying here. I have seen people consistently post shite and get called out on it though. But if you did happen to come across someone being bullied on the site.Would you say or do anything about it or would you Just ignore it.

I'd say something.

Ironing is though, if it was a women who was being bullied and I said something I'd probably be accused of being a white-knight. "

Well I have seen the white -night actually join in and help the bullies out sometimes.

Reply privately

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Nope and have the bans to prove it!

Fuck the forum guardians who constantly pop up with their inane chatter and "in" jokes who think they own the place - say what you like!

90% of posts are either attention seeking or shameless self promotion

Mr 2-4

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

-----------

--------------

-------------

Someone agreeing to meet then not showing isn't rejecting you either... it's just being rude or being a coward. Take your pick..

"

-----------

"Heard" you the first time... Now you've claimed that people might be too sensitive and need to build a bridge, yet equate seeing a sent message as "message deleted" with rejection... Is that not right??

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Fuck the forum guardians who constantly pop up with their inane chatter and "in" jokes who think they own the place - say what you like!

Mr 2-4"

Aren't we all here for some sort of attention?

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

--------------

-------------

-----------

"Heard" you the first time... Now you've claimed that people might be too sensitive and need to build a bridge, yet equate seeing a sent message as "message deleted" with rejection... Is that not right??

"

I don't think rejection is particularly bad or difficult to take though.

Reply privately

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Mr 2-4

Aren't we all here for some sort of attention? "

We're here to interact with like-minded people, free from drama.

Many on the forums thrive on drama and seem to spend more of their energy on that aspect of Fab than on meeting nice people.

Having said that, it can be fun to sit back and watch bemusedly the antics employed by a lot of folk on here...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr 2-4

Aren't we all here for some sort of attention? "

Not me obviously....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr 2-4

We're here to interact with like-minded people, free from drama.

Many on the forums thrive on drama and seem to spend more of their energy on that aspect of Fab than on meeting nice people.

Having said that, it can be fun to sit back and watch bemusedly the antics employed by a lot of folk on here..."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr 2-4

Not me obviously....

"

Me me I need attention .

I find the forums entertaining lots of characters and some really witty folks about . Sometimes I post sometimes I just read never felt afraid to post .

Reply privately

over a year ago

IMO the bullying term is thrown around a little too readily.

For every perceived clique, there are some members going out of their way to try bring them down, which has already pretty much been admitted to already on this thread.

There's groups of members that know and have met eachother, of course they're gonna have inside jokes and back eachother up, nothing really can be done about that!

And that's from a member that normally gets ignored on the threads!

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

[Removed by poster at 27/08/17 12:05:03]

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"IMO the bullying term is thrown around a little too readily.

For every perceived clique, there are some members going out of their way to try bring them down, which has already pretty much been admitted to already on this thread.

There's groups of members that know and have met eachother, of course they're gonna have inside jokes and back eachother up, nothing really can be done about that!

"

--------

Well, you won't be ignored on this thread. Thanks man!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good thread Tim. I think newbies should definitely be able to realise that some people are friends for over 5 years here, and along with the threads been repetitive on a daily basis, it may be hard or even mind numbing to comment back to newbies. I've only ever seen about 5 people be mean and just come on to literally troll. I don't think there is a clique, they're good mates and I do notice the "clique" members do reply and have banter with loads of people but they definitely dont ignore or be mean to people, or else they'd be on their own. Just people been a little oversensitive

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Good thread Tim. I think newbies should definitely be able to realise that some people are friends for over 5 years here, and along with the threads been repetitive on a daily basis, it may be hard or even mind numbing to comment back to newbies. I've only ever seen about 5 people be mean and just come on to literally troll. I don't think there is a clique, they're good mates and I do notice the "clique" members do reply and have banter with loads of people but they definitely dont ignore or be mean to people, or else they'd be on their own. Just people been a little oversensitive "

-------------

Am really just giving any FAB Forum newbies or reluctant FAB posters a platform here to express themselves here without any judgement...

Experienced Fabbers can get another perspective too. Thanks Ronan

Reply privately

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Good thread Tim. I think newbies should definitely be able to realise that some people are friends for over 5 years here, and along with the threads been repetitive on a daily basis, it may be hard or even mind numbing to comment back to newbies. I've only ever seen about 5 people be mean and just come on to literally troll. I don't think there is a clique, they're good mates and I do notice the "clique" members do reply and have banter with loads of people but they definitely dont ignore or be mean to people, or else they'd be on their own. Just people been a little oversensitive

-------------

Am really just giving any FAB Forum newbies or reluctant FAB posters a platform here to express themselves here without any judgement...

Experienced Fabbers can get another perspective too. Thanks Ronan "

Great thread, interesting view points from all

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good thread OP. I haven't been engaging on the forum much cos my fab time is limited due to other off fab priorities. I do think it is daunting but I think if people post their opinions in a non personal way.

Can have a difference of opinion and can express that without being aggressive and not attacking the other poster.

And it doesn't bother me repetitive posts because to that poster the topic is important

Respect goes a long way on here

Reply privately

over a year ago

Say what you want to say. Fuck the cliques

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"

Well said. I might add that you need to develop a bit of a thick skin on here in one way or another. Fab isn't for the faint hearted as there's not only the forum issues discussed there also is plenty of ignorance, rudeness, abuse, rejection etc. It's recommendable not to take some stuff too seriously and with some humour. And eventually treat people how you like to be treated yourself.

Reply privately

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

Well said. I might add that you need to develop a bit of a thick skin on here in one way or another. Fab isn't for the faint hearted as there's not only the forum issues discussed there also is plenty of ignorance, rudeness, abuse, rejection etc. It's recommendable not to take some stuff too seriously and with some humour. And eventually treat people how you like to be treated yourself. "

Well said.

Reply privately

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Good thread OP. I haven't been engaging on the forum much cos my fab time is limited due to other off fab priorities. "

More should get some off fab activities.

Only groups I see here are ppl who live on forums talking shite to strangers while real life must be passing them by

Reply privately

over a year ago

Interesting post Tim

I find the forum to be a useful tool on a number of levels, I should add not all easy my mindset is very much, everyone has something to offer me, and I have learned quite a lot about myself and human behaviour through the forums, like most I have my own character, little battered and bruised throughout life, but hey it makes me who I am, whether you like me or not. I see people as just having their own styles of communication, and no different to family dynamics, and the various roles we take up, whether it be the joker or the hero etc, inherently good self esteem, and for some, not so good esteem, not really any different to life. And everyone has a place in like and on here if they so choose.

Reply privately

By *addy36Man
over a year ago

Mayo

The forums are a bit like groundhog day,the same shite day after day after day,It's that bad that even some of the clique have left

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

I couldn't be arsed worrying about others you aint ever gona please everyone. Those lads on the steeds need to accept its not gona get them laid though

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Good thread OP. I haven't been engaging on the forum much cos my fab time is limited due to other off fab priorities. I do think it is daunting but I think if people post their opinions in a non personal way.

Can have a difference of opinion and can express that without being aggressive and not attacking the other poster.

And it doesn't bother me repetitive posts because to that poster the topic is important

Respect goes a long way on here

"

-------------

I agree with you in that respect does go a long way. A person can also have fun, be themselves, be a bit charming and cheeky too without having to personally insult another Fabber here

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Interesting post Tim

I find the forum to be a useful tool on a number of levels, I should add not all easy my mindset is very much, everyone has something to offer me, and I have learned quite a lot about myself and human behaviour through the forums, like most I have my own character, little battered and bruised throughout life, but hey it makes me who I am, whether you like me or not. I see people as just having their own styles of communication, and no different to family dynamics, and the various roles we take up, whether it be the joker or the hero etc, inherently good self esteem, and for some, not so good esteem, not really any different to life. And everyone has a place in like and on here if they so choose. "

-----------

No one person or group has a monopoly or owns the forums. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and be given the space to explain their opinion and questioned by one person at a time vs a firing squad...

At the start, I used to be very conscious about what I wrote here "just in case" I offended anyone Now, I simply write what's on my mind and see where that takes ...or even lands me sometimes...

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"The forums are a bit like groundhog day,the same shite day after day after day,It's that bad that even some of the clique have left "

-----------

Someone pm'd me earlier with the statement that she didn't post because the forums were crap.

I asked her what she herself was passionate about? No reply to that...

If you think the threads are boring, start a thread about something that's fresh, exciting or even a little provocative...

Start a original thread, see what happens...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The forums are a bit like groundhog day,the same shite day after day after day,It's that bad that even some of the clique have left

-----------

Someone pm'd me earlier with the statement that she didn't post because the forums were crap.

If you think the threads are boring, start a thread about something that's fresh, exciting or even a little provocative...

Start a original thread, see what happens... "

You have too much time on your hands come over here to me get naked and I will take your kind of the forums body language wins every time

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"The forums are a bit like groundhog day,the same shite day after day after day,It's that bad that even some of the clique have left

-----------

You have too much time on your hands come over here to me get naked and I will take your kind of the forums body language wins every time "

--------------

Do hope it's the lovely Jilly who posted this?!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

You have too much time on your hands come over here to me get naked and I will take your kind of the forums body language wins every time

--------------

Do hope it's the lovely Jilly who posted this?!! "

Yes the deliciously sexy Tim it was I Jilly

Reply privately

over a year ago

-------------------

Whisky... and JD if you're ever ordering! "

My man I love a JD so next round on me

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Never been afraid of posting on the forums. The thing is though, that a lot of the time there isn't anything worth replying to.

G looked at the forums and thought it was utter shite and left me to it.

J.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Never been afraid of posting on the forums. The thing is though, that a lot of the time there isn't anything worth replying to.

J."

She has a point

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Never been afraid of posting on the forums. The thing is though, that a lot of the time there isn't anything worth replying to.

J."

------------

Maybe stick up a topic that you're passionate about...

Few forums about sex may already have been covered before here... but not sure!!

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

-----------

--------------

Yes the deliciously sexy Tim it was I Jilly "

------------

Why spank... I mean thank you lovely lady

Reply privately

over a year ago

J."

You remind me so much of a good friend of mine that used to be on fab and always used the forums.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-----------

--------------

------------

Why spank... I mean thank you lovely lady "

I'm partial to a spanking and will thank you afterwards

Reply privately

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I may also be one of the White Knights but only if I feel a thread has gotten to a disrespectful stage or targeting of a specific poster. I will defend people if others are being abusive, regardless of their gender. Live and let live. Respect everyone's right to their opinion and the world is a happier place.

--------------

Interesting, as I always thought that a "White-knight" was more of ass kisser, usually a male who agrees with the ladies then defends their honour on the forums against a guy who expresses an opposite opinion to what the ladies say...

If someone on the Forum is getting ridiculed or torn asunder for no valid reason, some of us would jump in. Is that being a "white knight" too or just standing up for someone?

Am genuinely curious ..."

I would agree with your definition of White Knight and just standing up for someone. The White Knight tends to side with the ladies regardless of what she may have said. Others will stand up against a derogatory/abusive person, regardless of gender, after they have appraised the complete thread. I would put myself in the latter category.

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

--------------

Am genuinely curious ...

I would agree with your definition of White Knight and just standing up for someone. The White Knight tends to side with the ladies regardless of what she may have said. Others will stand up against a derogatory/abusive person, regardless of gender, after they have appraised the complete thread. I would put myself in the latter category."

------------------

That's the thing. By calling someone a "conspiracy nut" for asking a what-if question; "a troll" for pushing the boat out a little or a "white knight" because he (/she??) is taking a stand about something, puts a label on a person

And I think that fear of being given a label can also scare some people off from commenting on the forums at all...

Good to see there's a few who can actually see the games for what they are

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

-----------

--------------

------------

Why spank... I mean thank you lovely lady

I'm partial to a spanking and will thank you afterwards "

-------------

Have a funny feeling you'll find a way to!

Reply privately

By *evilsAdvocate72Woman
over a year ago

East

Ditto

Reply privately

By *evilsAdvocate72Woman
over a year ago

East

"Ah sure I remember when new on here first I only read the forum threads, then after a while posted the odd comment and yes sometimes had the feeling that my posts got ignored but I think it's more a newbie perception rather than anything else. it's a fact that you won't get a reply each time you post.

Yes I also had the perception that there's a clique, that everyone knows everyone which isn't actually the case. Some do know each other alright from parties/m&g but most people only know the 'forum personae' and have never met each other. In other words by reading and posting on the forum you get to know other posters and your replies will get more character specific or you might have some running gags etc that might give a newbie the perception that there's a clique. It's actually easy enough to tune in here once you get your head around this. "

Well said

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

The forums are usually good craic and newbies may indeed feel a little out of their depth but they also can be a place where how can I put it without burning torches or Bell ringing, bold people do silly things.There are certain people on the forums who seem to think they own the site and have a following of hangers on who seem to hold them up as deities.This in itself isn't the worst thing but when these people then abuse this situation and harangue other members who feel they need to leave the site or change their profiles it becomes a bit of a pain.Then you see the little doodles and remarks people put on their profiles again mocking certain users you might start to wonder what in their existence made them so petty? Now in saying all of this I may be entirely wrong or may have even dreamt it

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"The forums are usually good craic and newbies may indeed feel a little out of their depth but they also can be a place where how can I put it without burning torches or Bell ringing, bold people do silly things.There are certain people on the forums who seem to think they own the site and have a following of hangers on who seem to hold them up as deities.This in itself isn't the worst thing but when these people then abuse this situation and harangue other members who feel they need to leave the site or change their profiles it becomes a bit of a pain.Then you see the little doodles and remarks people put on their profiles again mocking certain users you might start to wonder what in their existence made them so petty? Now in saying all of this I may be entirely wrong or may have even dreamt it "

You didn't dream it. There is some truth to what you say.

But in the flip side it seems there are a few "I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore" profiles using the forums....and the utter misogyny they spout is very unsettling.

Plenty of shitposters too, but that's another story.....

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"The forums are usually good craic and newbies may indeed feel a little out of their depth but they also can be a place where how can I put it without burning torches or Bell ringing, bold people do silly things.There are certain people on the forums who seem to think they own the site and have a following of hangers on who seem to hold them up as deities.This in itself isn't the worst thing but when these people then abuse this situation and harangue other members who feel they need to leave the site or change their profiles it becomes a bit of a pain.Then you see the little doodles and remarks people put on their profiles again mocking certain users you might start to wonder what in their existence made them so petty? Now in saying all of this I may be entirely wrong or may have even dreamt it

But in the flip side it seems there are a few "I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore" profiles using the forums....and the utter misogyny they spout is very unsettling.

Plenty of shitposters too, but that's another story....."

Hey I'm a shitposter when the mood is in it and aside from the misogyny there's a lot of misandry and guy on guy hating too.(that's usually looking for a reward ride though)

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"The forums are usually good craic and newbies may indeed feel a little out of their depth but they also can be a place where how can I put it without burning torches or Bell ringing, bold people do silly things.There are certain people on the forums who seem to think they own the site and have a following of hangers on who seem to hold them up as deities.This in itself isn't the worst thing but when these people then abuse this situation and harangue other members who feel they need to leave the site or change their profiles it becomes a bit of a pain.Then you see the little doodles and remarks people put on their profiles again mocking certain users you might start to wonder what in their existence made them so petty? Now in saying all of this I may be entirely wrong or may have even dreamt it

Hey I'm a shitposter when the mood is in it and aside from the misogyny there's a lot of misandry and guy on guy hating too.(that's usually looking for a reward ride though) "

Misanthropy all round then.

People.....what a bunch of bastards.

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Hey I'm a shitposter when the mood is in it and aside from the misogyny there's a lot of misandry and guy on guy hating too.(that's usually looking for a reward ride though)

Misanthropy all round then.

People.....what a bunch of bastards."

yup some people are just bold and should be put out to graze.

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

...along with trump supporters.

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"...along with trump supporters. "

Dafuq? The Donald rocks and when he rules the world you'll regret your hatred of the great man.

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"...along with trump supporters.

Dafuq? The Donald rocks and when he rules the world you'll regret your hatred of the great man."

No accounting for taste. I have it and you and him.....don't. but that's thread full of shitposts for another day.

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Dafuq? The Donald rocks and when he rules the world you'll regret your hatred of the great man.

No accounting for taste. I have it and you and him.....don't. but that's thread full of shitposts for another day. "

sound I'll run down to the sweet shop and stock up for next time nothing like a good store of candy to help with the taste

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

No accounting for taste. I have it and you and him.....don't. but that's thread full of shitposts for another day.

sound I'll run down to the sweet shop and stock up for next time nothing like a good store of candy to help with the taste"

I have great taste in candy. I'd be happy to recommend something to broaden your pallet and open your mind.

Reply privately

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I'm so afraid to post on the forum that I'm not even going to post on this thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

People shouldn't be afraid post on forums! They just need keep to point that this is for fun!

And if someone have issues ignore it...if you cant ignore and its disturbing you to have fun-leave. Simple!

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

sound I'll run down to the sweet shop and stock up for next time nothing like a good store of candy to help with the taste

I have great taste in candy. I'd be happy to recommend something to broaden your pallet and open your mind. "

well the euro pallet is 1200x800 so I guess that is plenty broad but not quite deep enough so perhaps I could try the UK standard pallet which is 1200x100 instead I know technically it's not "broadening" my pallet but it is making the overall surface area larger. But in saying all of this I really hope you meant pallet and not palate as boy would I feel silly for going through all of this otherwise my old friends

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"People shouldn't be afraid post on forums! They just need keep to point that this is for fun!

And if someone have issues ignore it...if you cant ignore and its disturbing you to have fun-leave. Simple! "

very true and people should stop being so "catty" on their profiles and in the forums too it just makes what some people see as bullying go on and on

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Great topic to bring up!! I like reading the forums, and might leave a very rare comment. But my god clicky clicky clicky. Its the same 8-10 people bantering between each other on nearly every thread. Gets a bit boring zzzzzzz

Px"

Couldn't agree more with you! Likewise ...rarely post something for same reasons!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People shouldn't be afraid post on forums! They just need keep to point that this is for fun!

And if someone have issues ignore it...if you cant ignore and its disturbing you to have fun-leave. Simple!

very true and people should stop being so "catty" on their profiles and in the forums too it just makes what some people see as bullying go on and on"

Sorry don't understand what you mean!

But sure last line is so true-"what some people see as bullying" I dont see bullying nowhere cause I don't give attention to it! Im here for my fun I dont wanna sound rude but I dont care about others falling out! If I fall out with someone its my problem I dont make it as yours or someone else!

Reply privately

over a year ago

sound I'll run down to the sweet shop and stock up for next time nothing like a good store of candy to help with the taste"

I had a terrible problem with candy. Could not get enough of the it but about a month ago I decided to give it up because it is very unhealthy and also bad for your teeth.

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

I have great taste in candy. I'd be happy to recommend something to broaden your pallet and open your mind.

well the euro pallet is 1200x800 so I guess that is plenty broad but not quite deep enough so perhaps I could try the UK standard pallet which is 1200x100 instead I know technically it's not "broadening" my pallet but it is making the overall surface area larger. But in saying all of this I really hope you meant pallet and not palate as boy would I feel silly for going through all of this otherwise my old friends "

We'll jaysus that's me told. I'm so embarrassed.

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

well the euro pallet is 1200x800 so I guess that is plenty broad but not quite deep enough so perhaps I could try the UK standard pallet which is 1200x100 instead I know technically it's not "broadening" my pallet but it is making the overall surface area larger. But in saying all of this I really hope you meant pallet and not palate as boy would I feel silly for going through all of this otherwise my old friends

"

no need to be you probably did mean pallet and I got the wrong idea must be a Trump thing

Reply privately

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Px

Couldn't agree more with you! Likewise ...rarely post something for same reasons!

"

the only way to beat that though is for more people to contribute

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

no need to be you probably did mean pallet and I got the wrong idea must be a Trump thing"

No it was a genuine inexcusable typo. Not even autocorrect caught it. I'm so ashamed. Ms G is a foodie and I'll never live it down.

But hey, I'll get over it. Unlike republicans and Hillary's emails....amirite??

Reply privately

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Px

"

I think you've accidentally hit the nail on the head. It's mostly the same few people posting but that doesn't make it a clique. People get familiar with each other here and so they crack jokes with each other occasionally. That doesn't make them a clique either. The reality is that it's never going to change unless more people comment on threads. The reality is that it's always a small enough group that will actually post, regardless of how many people read.

Reply privately

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Px

the only way to beat that though is for more people to contribute"

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

no need to be you probably did mean pallet and I got the wrong idea must be a Trump thing

No it was a genuine inexcusable typo. Not even autocorrect caught it. I'm so ashamed. Ms G is a foodie and I'll never live it down.

But hey, I'll get over it. Unlike republicans and Hillary's emails....amirite?? "

or the leftists and Trump WINNING the presidency

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Px

I think you've accidentally hit the nail on the head. It's mostly the same few people posting but that doesn't make it a clique. People get familiar with each other here and so they crack jokes with each other occasionally. That doesn't make them a clique either. The reality is that it's never going to change unless more people comment on threads. The reality is that it's always a small enough group that will actually post, regardless of how many people read.

"

Naturally when you have people here a while it can look cliquish....and maybe it is. But you just have to dive in....based on how you come across you either sink or swim. We're not here long and we lurked a long time before posting, and that was due to a site glitch preventing us from doing so. It was a blessing in disguise. We saw how the forum worked. G wanted no part in it, the internet (which she uses a lot) infuriates her at the best of times...she didn't want it to put her off meeting people!

We saw people torn to bits (and maybe rightly so) for posting inane things. So I learned that you dive in and pretend you've been here a long time.

Reply privately

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Px

Naturally when you have people here a while it can look cliquish....and maybe it is. But you just have to dive in....based on how you come across you either sink or swim. We're not here long and we lurked a long time before posting, and that was due to a site glitch preventing us from doing so. It was a blessing in disguise. We saw how the forum worked. G wanted no part in it, the internet (which she uses a lot) infuriates her at the best of times...she didn't want it to put her off meeting people!

We saw people torn to bits (and maybe rightly so) for posting inane things. So I learned that you dive in and pretend you've been here a long time.

"

It's probably similar enough to how you handle walking into a room full of people you don't know?

Reply privately

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Px

the only way to beat that though is for more people to contribute"

This is true but they are afraid of the backlash from people that will attack a poster and their views rather than discuss an opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Px

"

You certainly come across as someone that's been here a long time or perhaps here before.

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Px

It's probably similar enough to how you handle walking into a room full of people you don't know? "

Exactly! I'm the chatty one....I'll walk up and say hello no bother. I used to be shy years ago but I got over it.

Reply privately

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Px

"

Its exactly same as moving to a new area and going down the pub u don't expect there will be a fanfare of trumpets announcing ur arrival u mingle and mix finding ur niche

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Px

This is true but they are afraid of the backlash from people that will attack a poster and their views rather than discuss an opinion."

Sure it's going on in this thread ironically enough. Won't stop me though. It's the fucking internet. Happens everywhere.

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Px

You certainly come across as someone that's been here a long time or perhaps here before."

"You might say that....I couldn't possibly comment"

I've been around. I know how forums work, this one included.

Reply privately

over a year ago

it is very daunting. But if we (newbies) don't speak we can never be accepted - how can one be accepted if no one knows you are there. So really the only thing to do is jump right in until your voice becomes familiar. Same as you would do in any new social setting. Your character will dictate if you are accepted or not eventually (I hope lol)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Px

You certainly come across as someone that's been here a long time or perhaps here before.

"You might say that....I couldn't possibly comment"

I've been around. I know how forums work, this one included. "

You certainly caught on fast. Lol

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"it is very daunting. But if we (newbies) don't speak we can never be accepted - how can one be accepted if no one knows you are there. So really the only thing to do is jump right in until your voice becomes familiar. Same as you would do in any new social setting. Your character will dictate if you are accepted or not eventually (I hope lol)"

To quote one of my favourite movies:

Fuckin' A, dude.

Reply privately

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"it is very daunting. But if we (newbies) don't speak we can never be accepted - how can one be accepted if no one knows you are there. So really the only thing to do is jump right in until your voice becomes familiar. Same as you would do in any new social setting. Your character will dictate if you are accepted or not eventually (I hope lol)"

na dude you gotta kowtow to the masters and hope you get thrown a bone now and again before eliminating those ahead of you in the pecking order so one day you can be master of the forums. (I may have embellished a tad there)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"it is very daunting. But if we (newbies) don't speak we can never be accepted - how can one be accepted if no one knows you are there. So really the only thing to do is jump right in until your voice becomes familiar. Same as you would do in any new social setting. Your character will dictate if you are accepted or not eventually (I hope lol)

Fuckin' A, dude."

must be one of those intellectual movies? ha ha... thanks mate

Reply privately

over a year ago

"it is very daunting. But if we (newbies) don't speak we can never be accepted - how can one be accepted if no one knows you are there. So really the only thing to do is jump right in until your voice becomes familiar. Same as you would do in any new social setting. Your character will dictate if you are accepted or not eventually (I hope lol)

na dude you gotta kowtow to the masters and hope you get thrown a bone now and again before eliminating those ahead of you in the pecking order so one day you can be master of the forums. (I may have embellished a tad there)"

jayzus I'm only here 5 minutes and already i'm offered a bone(r)... thanks lol

Reply privately

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Fuckin' A, dude.

must be one of those intellectual movies? ha ha... thanks mate"

The Dude abides.

Reply privately

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

Px

This is true but they are afraid of the backlash from people that will attack a poster and their views rather than discuss an opinion."

well said that man !

good on ye

Reply privately

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

Px

This is true but they are afraid of the backlash from people that will attack a poster and their views rather than discuss an opinion.

well said that man !

good on ye "

There is a Velvet Underground song, one of my favourites, the meaning can be taken differently , depending on how you see it,

Opening lines are

I'll be your mirror

Reflect what you are, in case you don't know

seems appropriate here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people think rudeness is funny I think it's bad manners as my mom always said manners is easily carried but in say that there r a lot of friendly helpful people that comment in the forum also

Reply privately

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

"Some people think rudeness is funny I think it's bad manners as my mom always said manners is easily carried but in say that there r a lot of friendly helpful people that comment in the forum also "

very well said.

I agree wholeheartedly with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Px

Their are certain people you can't discuss an issue with as they tend to let their friend do the talking for them.

Reply privately

By *easingTim OP   Man
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Am really happy with this forum as a few Fab forum newbies can look at this and see the carry on by others. Others who should know better but don't ...

Of course, there's a huge difference between playful banter, slight slagging (we all love a good laugh )... to completely ridiculing another Fabber here...

Thanks to everyone who commented and to anyone who pm'd me about this too

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Am really happy with this forum as a few Fab forum newbies can look at this and see the carry on by others. Others who should know better but don't ...

Of course, there's a huge difference between playful banter, slight slagging (we all love a good laugh )... to completely ridiculing another Fabber here...

Thanks to everyone who commented and to anyone who pm'd me about this too "

Love a good laugh but never at the expense of others on here, believe it or not there are some fragile people on here.

Reply privately

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Am really happy with this forum as a few Fab forum newbies can look at this and see the carry on by others. Others who should know better but don't ...

Thanks to everyone who commented and to anyone who pm'd me about this too

Love a good laugh but never at the expense of others on here, believe it or not there are some fragile people on here. "

There are indeed fragile people here, and there are also people here who will twist things to paint themselves as victims. Sometimes gentle slagging is misconstrued and painted as abuse either deliberately or accidentally as it can be easy enough to misinterpret the written word.

Reply privately

By *e CountMan
over a year ago

Kilkenny

Just be yourself, some of the topics are downright daft, but some are serious issues.

Anyway its impossible to know a person's true personality from what they write, just take all from your own point of view.

Reply privately