Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

McGregor vs mayweather

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So who's gonna win the big fight Saturday fabbers have sneaky feeling McGregor might do it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ealOne74Man
over a year ago

limerick

Can't see a single reason why McGregor would have a slightest chance. Hope the fight lasts at least a round or two though so he gets to earn that crazy money before he goes down...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mcgreggor all the way!!!

over a year ago

"Can't see a single reason why McGregor would have a slightest chance. Hope the fight lasts at least a round or two though so he gets to earn that crazy money before he goes down... "

over a year ago

"So who's gonna win the big fight Saturday fabbers have sneaky feeling McGregor might do it "

He's bob hope of winning

By *ussyseeker777Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

33/1 for draw then rematch they will b offered 500million its aset up

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Here's the facts...

- Mayweather has fought 387 rounds as a pro boxer compared to Mc Gregor who has fought ZERO rounds

- Legendary boxing coach Freddie Roche saw Conor train and said he'd need "another 3 years" of training to get anywhere near Championship level

- Mc Gregor has his sparring partners under contract not to talk. He video taped then carefully edited and "leaked" his sparring footage with Paulie Malignaggi being "knocked down" when it looked more like a push...

- Conor won the trash talking but Trash talking and boxing are two completely different things.

Mayweathers only opponent here is Father time. He's 40 now and if he shows up as a old fighter, that's Mc Gregor's only hope. I think Mc Gregor will quit in the 6th round.

over a year ago

Only takes one lucky punch and McGregor has got some great punching power just look at how he knocked aldo out. plus hes younger and more in shape then mayweather be interesting see what happens

over a year ago

Boxing match - boxer wins.

By *omber70Man
over a year ago

Brighton

I big McGregor fan

But look what nic Diaz did to him

With no training

over a year ago

Diaz submitted him tho and McGregor has never been knocked out so never know

By *rutus83Man
over a year ago

naas

I hope McGregor will win

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

Mayweather has been in with best and won, the most skilful, the hardest punchers and the most experienced boxers could not defeat him yet people think McGregor has a punchers chance.

The whole thing is a circus and should be treated as such.

over a year ago

"I hope McGregor will win "
so do I but not sure if he will be interesting to see what happens

over a year ago

Up the Irish !

Love to see him win , but Mayweather ,come on ,he may just still be too fast .

By *it_tribesmanMan
over a year ago

Galway

Makes me sick how much money he's going to get,

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Mayweather has been in with best and won, the most skilful, the hardest punchers and the most experienced boxers could not defeat him yet people think McGregor has a punchers chance.

The whole thing is a circus and should be treated as such.

"

------------------

He's a fellow Irishman so we wish him the best... but he's still half of the biggest boxing scam ever perpetrated on the viewing public.

Truth is, there's dozens if not hundreds of pro-boxers much more deserving of a fight and a big payday with Mayweather than Mc Gregor is. They chose the 26th August to hijack and take the attention from the Golovkin Vs Alvarez event which is a boxing match instead of a circus...

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

Now that's a fight, two of the best at the top of their game

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Now that's a fight, two of the best at the top of their game"

---------------------

And yet it doesn't get a mention in the press at this moment... shows the cartoon world that we're now living in ...

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

Mayweather won't be fighting the winner of that one I'm sure

over a year ago

"Here's the facts...

- Mayweather has fought 387 rounds as a pro boxer compared to Mc Gregor who has fought ZERO rounds

- Legendary boxing coach Freddie Roche saw Conor train and said he'd need "another 3 years" of training to get anywhere near Championship level

- Mc Gregor has his sparring partners under contract not to talk. He video taped then carefully edited and "leaked" his sparring footage with Paulie Malignaggi being "knocked down" when it looked more like a push...

- Conor won the trash talking but Trash talking and boxing are two completely different things.

Mayweathers only opponent here is Father time. He's 40 now and if he shows up as a old fighter, that's Mc Gregor's only hope. I think Mc Gregor will quit in the 6th round. "

I hear what you're saying but McGregor has a style that is even more awkward than a southpaw and he has a punch. If you have a punch you're in with a chance.

Look at the first Froch vs Groves fight.

Groves had it in the bag, ahead on the three judges score cards.

Then Froch caught him with one head shot and two body shots.

Fight over.

Now I'm not saying McGregor is a Carl Froch but he's a puncher and it's a fight.

Anything could happen

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Mayweather won't be fighting the winner of that one I'm sure"

------------

Mayweather won't be fighting Thurman either because Floyd knows himself that he's on borrowed time as a boxer...

Shame as it would have made him T.B.E instead of this circus act. How this fight was ever even sanctioned, I don't know...

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

This show will tarnish his record, but I guess they don't call him money mayweather for nothing

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Here's the facts...

Mayweathers only opponent here is Father time. He's 40 now and if he shows up as a old fighter, that's Mc Gregor's only hope. I think Mc Gregor will quit in the 6th round.

I hear what you're saying but McGregor has a style that is even more awkward than a southpaw and he has a punch. If you have a punch you're in with a chance.

Look at the first Froch vs Groves fight.

Groves had it in the bag, ahead on the three judges score cards.

Then Froch caught him with one head shot and two body shots.

Fight over.

Now I'm not saying McGregor is a Carl Froch but he's a puncher and it's a fight.

Anything could happen "

----------------

Cotto, Pacquio, Hatton, Mosley, Alvarez, Maidana were all legitimate boxers, could move and each had much more than just "a punch" but Mayweather dispatched of all of them...

Judah was also faster southpaw and could also hit harder than McGregor.

As for this anything could happen /punchers chance mentality... People are betting their hard earner money on a guy who has never boxed with a fairytales chance and the biggest losers could be the viewing public...

Rant over, deep breath

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"Can't see a single reason why McGregor would have a slightest chance. Hope the fight lasts at least a round or two though so he gets to earn that crazy money before he goes down... "

well one single reason is all it sometimes takes is one shot just ask Buster Douglas.

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

Massive under dog but Buster Douglas was still a very goid boxer with a good record !

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Can't see a single reason why McGregor would have a slightest chance. Hope the fight lasts at least a round or two though so he gets to earn that crazy money before he goes down...

well one single reason is all it sometimes takes is one shot just ask Buster Douglas.

"

----------

Ah, if you've to go back to an event over 25 years to justify Mc Gregor having a chance...

C'mon!

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Massive under dog but Buster Douglas was still a very goid boxer with a good record !

"

Coupled with the fact that Tyson was unmotivated, divorced, had $300m and loads of women and without Kevin Rooney to tell him to train and didn't train...

...Heck, even David Haye would have beaten him that night!

By *air gameMan
over a year ago

town

Mcgregor all the way floyd is gonna be made a fool of

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"I big McGregor fan

But look what nic Diaz did to him

With no training "

Nate diaz btw

over a year ago

As much as I agree with many of the above posts that this is a circus and quite shocking that it got sanctioned (money talks). I am quite looking forward to watching it....

I'm not a fan of Mayweather, although his boxing skills are potentially second to none right now, I think he is an ass. I would thoroughly enjoy watching him be deafeated, unfortunately I don't feel that McGregor has a chance. But there is always that hope for the underdog!!

over a year ago

McGregor camp here

over a year ago

Behind mcgregor 100% I hope he does it, I know the odds are stacked against him but mcgregor is not stupid I'd say we have not seen half the training he has done. One good punch and mayweather is gone. Either way it will be a very interesting fight and I can't wait will be up for the night waiting with excitement

over a year ago

McGregor to knock him the fuck out

And then let's c a mcgregor super fight in a Dublin stadium

over a year ago

If trump can be president of America then I am confident McGregor can win ??

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Mayweather: Undefeated and his boxing skills speak for themselves. He is a master at defending and evading. Only downside for him is his age. He may not be as agile as he once was though he is still in good shape.

McGregor. Has never had a senior professional boxing fight though he was a boxing champion at youth level.

McGregor punches VERY VERY hard. I'm not sure Mayweather will have felt punches like it before. McGregor is also a Southpaw and Mayweather has had problems with Southpaws in the past.

McGregor has also never been knocked out. Even if he gets knocked down he will still get back up and keep going but he qont get knocked down.

I can't see past Mayweather winning due to his experience and record but I don't think people should be quick to dismiss McGregor. I think he will give Mayweather a very tough time and hard fight and does have a decent chance. It'll certainly be interesting to watch.

I'm rooting for McGregor and hope he wins.

over a year ago

Anyone watching it out in dublin?

By *ippcoupe2Couple
over a year ago

cahir/cashel

anyone know if a streaming site is showing?

over a year ago

This is going to be as clean of a fight as Armstrong's winning all his cycling titles. The one that promises higher earnings to the mob in the future will win.

over a year ago

McGregor will brawl. Mayweather will play chess. McGregor will be picked apart slowly. He'll show a bit of sunlight in his defence and mayweather will exploit it.

Post new Message to Thread