Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Asoiaf/Game of Thrones

Jump to newest

By *aythekidd OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlow

So to help get hyped for the last episode, and with all the Game of Thrones posts lately, including the favourite character one.

I wanna know who is your favourite character from the books that didn't make it into the show? If your favourite character from the books is in the show but is vastly different, then feel free to include them too.

Mine is probably Strong Belwas

WARNING!! I highly doubt it at this point but this thread may contain spoilers for some of ye, so be warned.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Am I the only person who doesn't watch/get this?

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"Am I the only person who doesn't watch/get this? "
waves hand me too

over a year ago

But I only read the books and do t watch the show!!

By *ulu00Woman
over a year ago

Donegal

Lady Stoneheart just to see Little Fingers reaction

By *Belfast_FellaMan
over a year ago

belfast

Not one character as such but the storyline with Jon Connington and the supposed long-lost son of Rhaegar. I think the absence of this from the show is a bit of a spoiler in itself - had it been important to the overall story, they'd have included it. But the fact that it's not in there seems to confirm that he's a catspaw/pretender to the throne.

over a year ago

Yes you need to get on board

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

I didnt either at first Boldy but with a few fabbers encouragement, i persevered. Delighted i did..it has to be the best tv series ive ever seen.

over a year ago

"Am I the only person who doesn't watch/get this? waves hand me too "

Nor me

over a year ago

"Am I the only person who doesn't watch/get this? waves hand me too

Nor me"

Got into it in series 4 .. best thing on TV without a doubt.

over a year ago

"Am I the only person who doesn't watch/get this?

I didnt either at first Boldy but with a few fabbers encouragement, i persevered. Delighted i did..it has to be the best tv series ive ever seen. "

I have tried, on four different occasions. It's a no from me!

over a year ago

Ok hands up not read the books and have made the decision not to till the whole series is over .. then I can go back and start again

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

I didnt either at first Boldy but with a few fabbers encouragement, i persevered. Delighted i did..it has to be the best tv series ive ever seen. "

not from me don't get if and don't want to .

over a year ago

I didnt either at first Boldy but with a few fabbers encouragement, i persevered. Delighted i did..it has to be the best tv series ive ever seen. not from me don't get if and don't want to . "

The minute a programme is described as fantasy my interest goes

By *aythekidd OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlow

I can understand not liking the show, but the books are an entirely different story at times.

It's the same with Harry Potter, there are people who write off the books because they don't like the films. Which sucks but I can understand both HP and GoT are two very long pieces of fiction, in either form of media - trying to get into them can be overwhelming especially when you're not instantly hooked....or then again you might just not like them because you don't like them, plain and simple

By *adrarfjordr VoyeurMan
over a year ago

Waterford

"Not one character as such but the storyline with Jon Connington and the supposed long-lost son of Rhaegar. I think the absence of this from the show is a bit of a spoiler in itself - had it been important to the overall story, they'd have included it. But the fact that it's not in there seems to confirm that he's a catspaw/pretender to the throne. "

I don't think it necessarily confirms anything. The Dorn storyline was already considerably different to the books and that links with the Conington one

By *ork3SomeCouple
over a year ago

BaileSexy

"Lady Stoneheart just to see Little Fingers reaction "

same for above, but also would like to see how she would interact with Nymeria.

Based on the fall in standards in S7, really looking forward to the next book!

By *Belfast_FellaMan
over a year ago

belfast

"Not one character as such but the storyline with Jon Connington and the supposed long-lost son of Rhaegar. I think the absence of this from the show is a bit of a spoiler in itself - had it been important to the overall story, they'd have included it. But the fact that it's not in there seems to confirm that he's a catspaw/pretender to the throne.

I don't think it necessarily confirms anything. The Dorn storyline was already considerably different to the books and that links with the Conington one"

But surely if Connington's "heir" was really going to turn out to be the rightful successor to the throne, he'd be too important to leave out of the series, no?

I think the TV show has made a Horlicks of the Dorne storyline, FWIW.

By *aythekidd OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlow

"Not one character as such but the storyline with Jon Connington and the supposed long-lost son of Rhaegar. I think the absence of this from the show is a bit of a spoiler in itself - had it been important to the overall story, they'd have included it. But the fact that it's not in there seems to confirm that he's a catspaw/pretender to the throne.

I don't think it necessarily confirms anything. The Dorn storyline was already considerably different to the books and that links with the Conington one

But surely if Connington's "heir" was really going to turn out to be the rightful successor to the throne, he'd be too important to leave out of the series, no?

I think the TV show has made a Horlicks of the Dorne storyline, FWIW."

Not really, it's a timing thing they simply don't have the timetable to introduce another main characters this late in the game, no matter how important an heir he is in the original story.

I mean the Martells had two more heirs....scrapped

The Tyrells, again another two....scrapped

For all the importance the show placed in king's blood they had no problems scrapping Mance Rayder's son

Then there is Robert's other bastard, then one that people actually know about and believe has legit claim.....scrapped, along with that whole Storm lands rebellion

The two other Greyjoy brothers, not Theon's, I mean Damphair and Victarion.... scrapped....well Damphair is kinda there

So I don't think the show has any problem dropping characters, even if they're important

By *ulu00Woman
over a year ago

Donegal

"Lady Stoneheart just to see Little Fingers reaction

same for above, but also would like to see how she would interact with Nymeria.

Based on the fall in standards in S7, really looking forward to the next book!"

Old Georgie boy needs to get the finger out lol would love to see Lady Stonehearts reaction to Jon Snows true parentage

over a year ago

Not really, it's a timing thing they simply don't have the timetable to introduce another main characters this late in the game, no matter how important an heir he is in the original story.

For all the importance the show placed in king's blood they had no problems scrapping Mance Rayder's son

Then there is Robert's other bastard, then one that people actually know about and believe has legit claim.....scrapped, along with that whole Storm lands rebellion

The two other Greyjoy brothers, not Theon's, I mean Damphair and Victarion.... scrapped....well Damphair is kinda there

So I don't think the show has any problem dropping characters, even if they're important"

Completely agree with you on this.

I miss Arianne Martell, actually. She was pretty badass.

By *Belfast_FellaMan
over a year ago

belfast

So I don't think the show has any problem dropping characters, even if they're important"

I agree with you on the last paragraph but, not to belabour the point, I think if GRRM was intending a twist whereby this other supposed long-lost Targ ends up on the throne, they'd have to include him. He'd just be too important to drop if the plan was for him to end up on the throne.

Most of the other characters you mention have been red herrings to the end destination and he looks to be one too. The show and books are taking differing routes but will end up at more or less the same point, or so it's been said.

I say Dorne was horlicksed because Prince Doran Martell was, in the books, this very cunning guy, planning a very slow and long game against the Lannisters, which he ultimately revealed to his family. In the show, he was just a ditherer whose family got fed up with him and killed him. The Sand Snakes have also ended up like something out of Xena Warrior Princess, but with more nudity.

By *adrarfjordr VoyeurMan
over a year ago

Waterford

"The Sand Snakes have also ended up like something out of Xena Warrior Princess, but with more nudity."

Xena with more nudity was Sparticus, it even had a nude Xena

over a year ago

"The Sand Snakes have also ended up like something out of Xena Warrior Princess, but with more nudity.

Xena with more nudity was Sparticus, it even had a nude Xena "

I loved that show! Still haven't finished it, unfortunately. Manu Bennett was so hot in it :P

By *ork3SomeCouple
over a year ago

BaileSexy

GOT or Spacious themed Fab events...one can dream!

By *aythekidd OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlow

"GOT or Spacious themed Fab events...one can dream!"

I've asked for this before, but no such luck....guess I'll have to organise my own

over a year ago

"GOT or Spacious themed Fab events...one can dream!

I've asked for this before, but no such luck....guess I'll have to organise my own "

I'll help!

By *ork3SomeCouple
over a year ago

BaileSexy

I've asked for this before, but no such luck....guess I'll have to organise my own "

You're in Kilkenny , definitely a central location and has the medieval history to boot

By *aythekidd OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlow

I've asked for this before, but no such luck....guess I'll have to organise my own

I'll help!"

Great, if I do Drogo, will you do Dany?

By *aythekidd OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlow

You're in Kilkenny , definitely a central location and has the medieval history to boot "

Okay try not to freak, cause I did when I found out, but I've looked into actually doing this a few times and I found out you can RENT FUCKING CASTLES!!! (Not castles for fucking, but you know what I mean)

How cool is that? We could have a Got party in an actual castle.

Post new Message to Thread