Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Taking a break

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have been on fab for a bit now and have had lots of naughty fun met some very cool people too. Unfortunately today I have received some very nasty mgs from someone on fab, the tone of them was very threatening, and not part of a game or maybe it is a game I don't know the rules of. Of anyone on my veri list or hot list ( I have one ) or indeed my friends list gets an unsavoury msg bad mouthing me plz ignore it. I am going to take a break from this for a while. I signed up for fun mischief and the craic, not to be threatened or made feel unsafe.

Was fun while it lasted xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If before today you were enjoying yourself - then stay. Don't let some jealous idiot chase you off.

Send the message(s) you got to admin and to anyone that is on their friends list or who has verified them - assuming they haven't sent from a fake profile.

Don't let some stranger behind a screen get to you x

By *irtypair00Couple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I have been on fab for a bit now and have had lots of naughty fun met some very cool people too. Unfortunately today I have received some very nasty mgs from someone on fab, the tone of them was very threatening, and not part of a game or maybe it is a game I don't know the rules of. Of anyone on my veri list or hot list ( I have one ) or indeed my friends list gets an unsavoury msg bad mouthing me plz ignore it. I am going to take a break from this for a while. I signed up for fun mischief and the craic, not to be threatened or made feel unsafe.

Was fun while it lasted xxx"

Thats sickening to hear that some people think they can talk to people like that . I hope you reported them and then blocked them .

over a year ago

far too much of this craic goes on here. dont let bullys run you off this site.

By *rmaghbi27Man
over a year ago

Armagh

"far too much of this craic goes on here. dont let bullys run you off this site."

Best username on Fab without a shadow of a doubt. Kudos. You made me laugh out loud lol

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"If before today you were enjoying yourself - then stay. Don't let some jealous idiot chase you off.

Send the message(s) you got to admin and to anyone that is on their friends list or who has verified them - assuming they haven't sent from a fake profile.

Don't let some stranger behind a screen get to you x

"

Yep! Simply block the person and report. The best thing is not to even reply or give any kind of response. Once they see they are getting no reaction they will stop or move on. As the saying goes don't feed the trolls or give the bullies any ammunition.

Annoys the f**k out of me though that there are so many d**kwads on here who spoil it for the rest by driving away some of the few decent people.

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Dont let some sad git ruin anything for you. Report, block and hopefully they are dealt with. Way to many messers and trolls on here, ruining it for others.

By *aythekiddMan
over a year ago

Carlow

I won't tell you to stay that's your choice to make, I'm a big believer in as soon as this stops being fun you leave, or try and distance yourself.

But I will say I hope you don't take the words of some bottom feeding trash person to heart, somebody who spends their time randomly and viciously insulting people over the internet(or even in person for that matter) doesn't deserve any kind of reaction from you. Their words are garbage, they have zero meaning, they saw to that when they made the decision to be lower than scum.

So I hope you don't leave but I totally understand if you do, and I just hope you don't let whatever this human filth said, get you down or mess with your head.

Good luck and I hope to see you back soon.

over a year ago

"I have been on fab for a bit now and have had lots of naughty fun met some very cool people too. Unfortunately today I have received some very nasty mgs from someone on fab, the tone of them was very threatening, and not part of a game or maybe it is a game I don't know the rules of. Of anyone on my veri list or hot list ( I have one ) or indeed my friends list gets an unsavoury msg bad mouthing me plz ignore it. I am going to take a break from this for a while. I signed up for fun mischief and the craic, not to be threatened or made feel unsafe.

Why not just message these contacts of yours privately instead of putting up a thread about it? Why the need to announce it to the site?

over a year ago

"I won't tell you to stay that's your choice to make, I'm a big believer in as soon as this stops being fun you leave, or try and distance yourself.

But I will say I hope you don't take the words of some bottom feeding trash person to heart, somebody who spends their time randomly and viciously insulting people over the internet(or even in person for that matter) doesn't deserve any kind of reaction from you. Their words are garbage, they have zero meaning, they saw to that when they made the decision to be lower than scum.

So I hope you don't leave but I totally understand if you do, and I just hope you don't let whatever this human filth said, get you down or mess with your head.

Good luck and I hope to see you back soon."

That's some serious white knighting right there...good enough for a blow job off the op at the very least surely

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"I won't tell you to stay that's your choice to make, I'm a big believer in as soon as this stops being fun you leave, or try and distance yourself.

That's some serious white knighting right there...good enough for a blow job off the op at the very least surely"

Sincere question: In your opinion is a man who sends a message of support to a woman on this site always a white knight? Or are there situations when they're not?

over a year ago

That's some serious white knighting right there...good enough for a blow job off the op at the very least surely"

Jaysus, you are in good form tonight!

over a year ago

That's some serious white knighting right there...good enough for a blow job off the op at the very least surely

Sincere question: In your opinion is a man who sends a message of support to a woman on this site always a white knight? Or are there situations when they're not?

"

Unless he knows the woman personally and knows every details of this 'trauma' the woman in question has undergone, then yes he is. As confirmation of same, men prone to such behaviour wouldn't bother their arses with such messages of 'support' if it was another man who advertised some abuse he had received.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Op,don't leave you are playing into there hands if you do....

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Unless he knows the woman personally and knows every details of this 'trauma' the woman in question has undergone, then yes he is. As confirmation of same, men prone to such behaviour wouldn't bother their arses with such messages of 'support' if it was another man who advertised some abuse he had received."

To follow up: How does one voice support for the lady (or indeed man, as I don't agree with anyone getting abuse, whatever the gender) if we don't know them personally?

Should we remain silent?

over a year ago

Unless he knows the woman personally and knows every details of this 'trauma' the woman in question has undergone, then yes he is. As confirmation of same, men prone to such behaviour wouldn't bother their arses with such messages of 'support' if it was another man who advertised some abuse he had received.

To follow up: How does one voice support for the lady (or indeed man, as I don't agree with anyone getting abuse, whatever the gender) if we don't know them personally?

Should we remain silent?

"

Yep, and so should the op. It's a website, nobody cares. Just ignore the person in question who doesn't know you from adam

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Should we remain silent?

Yep, and so should the op. It's a website, nobody cares. Just ignore the person in question who doesn't know you from adam"

Your use of quotation marks around trauma and support lead me to believe you don't think either are genuine. Am I correct in that assumption?

over a year ago

Should we remain silent?

Yep, and so should the op. It's a website, nobody cares. Just ignore the person in question who doesn't know you from adam

Your use of quotation marks around trauma and support lead me to believe you don't think either are genuine. Am I correct in that assumption?"

Yes, you would be correct

over a year ago

For God sake, have some decency.

Some people do care.

over a year ago

"For God sake, have some decency.

Some people do care. "

'Reply+quote' is your friend

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Should we remain silent?

Your use of quotation marks around trauma and support lead me to believe you don't think either are genuine. Am I correct in that assumption?

Yes, you would be correct"

Isn't that just an assumption on your own part? If you don't know either from Adam, how do you know they're both lying? It's a 50/50 chance. you chose a pessimistic option. What if you're wrong? Not saying you are. I don't know them either. Just asking what if?

over a year ago

Should we remain silent?

Isn't that just an assumption on your own part? If you don't know either from Adam, how do you know they're both lying? It's a 50/50 chance. you chose a pessimistic option. What if you're wrong? Not saying you are. I don't know them either. Just asking what if?"

Well I guess I won't be able to sleep at night if that happens. I'll just be riddled with guilt...

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Should we remain silent?

Isn't that just an assumption on your own part? If you don't know either from Adam, how do you know they're both lying? It's a 50/50 chance. you chose a pessimistic option. What if you're wrong? Not saying you are. I don't know them either. Just asking what if?

Well I guess I won't be able to sleep at night if that happens. I'll just be riddled with guilt..."

I get it man, I really do. You see the neckbeards, and the fedora tipping "milady" cringelords online and you want to rage against them. I see that. Sometimes I eyeroll as well. But don't let the faux hate consume you man, don't let it become you. Learn to love again.

By *ohnandGemCouple
over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Also I just wanted to keep this topic at the top for a while so more people would see it.

Thanks for helping Herr Ananas.

over a year ago

Should we remain silent?

Well I guess I won't be able to sleep at night if that happens. I'll just be riddled with guilt...

I get it man, I really do. You see the neckbeards, and the fedora tipping "milady" cringelords online and you want to rage against them. I see that. Sometimes I eyeroll as well. But don't let the faux hate consume you man, don't let it become you. Learn to love again."

Ooookay

over a year ago

The 'reply and quote' is not always required.

There's only one profile on this forum making nasty comments.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"The 'reply and quote' is not always required.

There's only one profile on this forum making nasty comments. "

are you surprised ? i cant remember the last time they haven't shit posted they obviously do it to flame the forum

over a year ago

OP try and rise above someone's ignorance. It's due to their shortcomings that the resort to such low life ways.

They're obviously jealous of you, show them what you got because from I see in the responses there is a good community of people here and nobody wants to see a shit face like that take over this site.

over a year ago

Always the same trolls. Bores.

over a year ago

What's going on over here? Lots of smoke but don't see any fire. Look if someone troubles somebody just sent them all trolls to me, I'm working here on toughing up my english.

By *ornyminx13Woman
over a year ago

lurgan

I got a hard time from someone and felt like you but far more good than bad on here xxx

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I got a hard time from someone and felt like you but far more good than bad on here xxx"

Yep, exactly. The good far outweighs the bad. The pros far outweigh the cons. It's the same off the site anyway, no matter where you go there are always going to be assholes (and not the good ones you can lube up an play with unfortunately).

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

We are all here to enjoy our self's we don't need idiots on here annoying people . You are better than them .if you leave they win fuck them . Wish you the best .

By *xxannaWoman
over a year ago

Bray

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. Its difficult to ignore nasty comments no matter how untrue or wrong they are. I was looking forward to meeting. If you decide to come back after some head space look me up

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Best to ignore the haters, begrudgers and ignorants.

over a year ago

Don't let the Baxter's gravy granules grind you down!!

over a year ago

"Don't let the Baxter's gravy granules grind you down!!"

Didn't want to course on the forum ??

over a year ago

It's such a shame that people who send abusive and threatening messages get away with it. The best thing to do is block and ignore them because if the know they are getting to you they have won.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/08/17 22:26:41]

over a year ago

To the OP

That behavour is not acceptable and im sorry you were subjected to messages like that from a nasty person.

But can i ask why you feel the need to post this publicly?

Could you not just report the person privately to admin and block them?

Why the need to post it in the public domain?

Is it a cry for attention?

Genuine question so i can understand your reasoning.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

Stay OP. Stand up to bullies. I got hassle and went on the forum to voice my opinion but also to see was anyone else getting vicious malicious messages. Sometimes it helps to share. The OP is entitled to share what's happened.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

When each of us signs up to Fab, we know that a few ignorant or snide remarks will be aimed at us. That comes with the territory. However, when a person actually starts feeling "unsafe" or "threatened" here, that's a whole different story...

Forums like these need to be written to show that harassing people because they reject your initial message or won't entertain a fantasy is unacceptable, pure and simple.

What all these keyboard bullies seem to forget is that the Irish swinging scene is small, people talk (online, at meets and at socials) so yes, your name and reputation as a decent person, weirdo or just mouthy trouble maker gets around very, very quickly. So, best remember that...

over a year ago

"When each of us signs up to Fab, we know that a few ignorant or snide remarks will be aimed at us. That comes with the territory. However, when a person actually starts feeling "unsafe" or "threatened" here, that's a whole different story...

Forums like these need to be written to show that harassing people because they reject your initial message or won't entertain a fantasy is unacceptable, pure and simple.

What all these keyboard bullies seem to forget is that the Irish swinging scene is small, people talk (online, at meets and at socials) so yes, your name and reputation as a decent person, weirdo or just mouthy trouble maker gets around very, very quickly. So, best remember that...

"

over a year ago

"Stay OP. Stand up to bullies. I got hassle and went on the forum to voice my opinion but also to see was anyone else getting vicious malicious messages. Sometimes it helps to share. The OP is entitled to share what's happened. "

over a year ago

"When each of us signs up to Fab, we know that a few ignorant or snide remarks will be aimed at us. That comes with the territory. However, when a person actually starts feeling "unsafe" or "threatened" here, that's a whole different story...

"

Actually when I joined here I didn't expect to get any grief - and to be fair I've had very little.

But would I fuck leave because anyone was sad and bitter enough to type out a few nasty messages. It would have the opposite effect.

over a year ago

Can only think whoever annoying and upsetting you is jealous or you've turned them down. Either way report, block and stay and enjoy yourself. I'm sorry you had to endure some arsehole who has too much time on their hands ...best wishes xx Jilly

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"

Erm, do you think that people who send abusive messages care about that?

They don't y'know.

over a year ago

They don't y'know. "

They probably don't meet. Or send abusive messages in a second profile

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

They don't y'know.

They probably don't meet. Or send abusive messages in a second profile"

....and third, fourth, fifth, etc

over a year ago

They don't y'know.

....and third, fourth, fifth, etc "

Yup

over a year ago

OP should stay and ignore the persons messages and just laugh it off.

By *owdyboy 890Man
over a year ago

Tralee

Was in touch with her and she said she is doing what she said she would as in taking a break from here and she'll see after it....

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

They don't y'know. "

-----------

Well, I don't know because I don't associate with people like that . However, there might be a few people on the receiving end of abusive messages who might start speaking up...

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that no one should be threatened or made feel unsafe on this site very bad form

over a year ago

They don't y'know.

Yup"

Which is exactly why they should be ignored.

By *shoreMan
over a year ago

cork

Just read the start of this......its most annoying that someone gets abuse etc on here......been abusive and nasty is a sign of not yet grown up....ie you will need to give anyone thats nasty another few years to grow up.....move on block and forget

over a year ago

They don't y'know.

Yup

Which is exactly why they should be ignored. "

I get the feeling if you ignore people with more than one profile. Their would not be many genuine people left to chat with especially those using the forums.

over a year ago

" I get the feeling if you ignore people with more than one profile. Their would not be many genuine people left to chat with especially those using the forums."

I was referring to people sending abusive messages, if there are those with nothing more going on in their lives than running multiple profiles here, that's their issue, not mine.

By *athatgothecreamCouple
over a year ago

Rural and private

Should we remain silent?

Yes, you would be correct"

Guys guys, take your reciprocated grievances elsewhere. This is a thread to support a victim of abuse on here.

By *athatgothecreamCouple
over a year ago

Rural and private

It is totally your choice to do what you feel is right for you at this time. However, if it is because of the abusive messages of a low life, name them and shame them so others don't fall foul of them too. Then block them, report them and carry on with the fun, mischief and the craic!! So sorry you have been hurt by these unwarranted insults. There's nowt so queer as folk!!

over a year ago

"To the OP

That behavour is not acceptable and im sorry you were subjected to messages like that from a nasty person.

Genuine question so i can understand your reasoning."

Hang on one second now..she is well within her right to post it anywere she pleases..and is not the only one that's having problems with people on here either.. There's a few bullies on here that need to go back in their boxes.. They think their king and Queen of this site... But truth is their bullies and will be seen for exactly that...

over a year ago

"To the OP

Genuine question so i can understand your reasoning.Hang on one second now..she is well within her right to post it anywere she pleases..and is not the only one that's having problems with people on here either.. There's a few bullies on here that need to go back in their boxes.. They think their king and Queen of this site... But truth is their bullies and will be seen for exactly that..."

Nobody said she's not within her rights. He asked a simple question. He's not allowed do that now?

over a year ago

"To the OP

Genuine question so i can understand your reasoning.Hang on one second now..she is well within her right to post it anywere she pleases..and is not the only one that's having problems with people on here either.. There's a few bullies on here that need to go back in their boxes.. They think their king and Queen of this site... But truth is their bullies and will be seen for exactly that...

Nobody said she's not within her rights. He asked a simple question. He's not allowed do that now?"

not even going to waste my time with replying to u ...

over a year ago

"To the OP

Genuine question so i can understand your reasoning.Hang on one second now..she is well within her right to post it anywere she pleases..and is not the only one that's having problems with people on here either.. There's a few bullies on here that need to go back in their boxes.. They think their king and Queen of this site... But truth is their bullies and will be seen for exactly that...

Nobody said she's not within her rights. He asked a simple question. He's not allowed do that now?not even going to waste my time with replying to u ..."

Phew!

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Are we done now, or do I need popcorn.

OP received abuse. Advice has been given to report and block.

Lots of people have aired their opinions on the subject and the other topic of the posting of it on the forum.

I see no issues with either, other than information.

Can we all get back to fabbing now please.

Otherwise I'll be melting the butter, with a sprinkling of Chipotle.

over a year ago

Good luck and I hope to see you back soon."

Well said .. I couldn't of said it better .. good luck op I do hope it starts to be fun mischievous & good craic for you again .. there are a lot of us decent fabbers here .. unfortunately just a few bad jealous nasty ones too .. rise above them ... above all tho stay safe x

Post new Message to Thread