Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Hydration

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Im terrible at drinking water.taste or lack of doesnt do it for me.tend to drink a lot of coffee/tea during the day and know im still getting some fluid inside me.even downloaded an app on my mobile to remind me to drink but lost interest in that.any advice please.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Volvic - apple and elderflower flavour. Its lovely.

over a year ago

Maybe chop up lemons oranges limes put them in a hug and fill with water really refreshing drink

over a year ago

"Maybe chop up lemons oranges limes put them in a hug and fill with water really refreshing drink "

Jug not hug*

By *adinLouthMan
over a year ago

dundalk

I am sure with those photos you are not short on offers for a hug

over a year ago

"Im terrible at drinking water.taste or lack of doesnt do it for me.tend to drink a lot of coffee/tea during the day and know im still getting some fluid inside me.even downloaded an app on my mobile to remind me to drink but lost interest in that.any advice please."

Someone may correct me, but I thought drinking tea and coffee had a diuretic effect, so would dehydrate you even more. Water is the best for rehydration, try it with fruit as has been said. Cucumber is also nice in water. B

over a year ago

"Im terrible at drinking water.taste or lack of doesnt do it for me.tend to drink a lot of coffee/tea during the day and know im still getting some fluid inside me.even downloaded an app on my mobile to remind me to drink but lost interest in that.any advice please.

Someone may correct me, but I thought drinking tea and coffee had a diuretic effect, so would dehydrate you even more. Water is the best for rehydration, try it with fruit as has been said. Cucumber is also nice in water. B"

This

Cucumber slices and mint leaves in water

By *addy0Man
over a year ago

carlow town

You can buy stuff in any chemist called deloralight it's a small pouch of flavoured powder they replace your electrolites and are excellent at keeping the body hydrated just take den with 250 ml of water, also good cure for a hangover......try them

over a year ago

"Maybe chop up lemons oranges limes put them in a hug and fill with water really refreshing drink "
actually a great idea and sounds refreshing .will give that a go.must get a hug to fill now lol.

over a year ago

"Im terrible at drinking water.taste or lack of doesnt do it for me.tend to drink a lot of coffee/tea during the day and know im still getting some fluid inside me.even downloaded an app on my mobile to remind me to drink but lost interest in that.any advice please.

Someone may correct me, but I thought drinking tea and coffee had a diuretic effect, so would dehydrate you even more. Water is the best for rehydration, try it with fruit as has been said. Cucumber is also nice in water. B

This

Cucumber slices and mint leaves in water "

Nice

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman
over a year ago

in the waves

Cucumber and lemon is my go to

over a year ago

All sound advice.

over a year ago

I hate drinking water

I'll try the cucumber and mint

By *kcoupleCouple
over a year ago

I'm terrible for doing the same. She drinks 4 times as much as I do and it's probably cause of most of the headaches I get. The only time I drink enough is before or during workouts. Brutal the rest of the time

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Maybe chop up lemons oranges limes put them in a hug and fill with water really refreshing drink

Jug not hug* "

That would be one messy citrusy hug lol. So long as the orange, lemon and lime segments are nibbled off me afterwards then that's ok for me.

over a year ago

"Maybe chop up lemons oranges limes put them in a hug and fill with water really refreshing drink

Jug not hug* "

that gave me a real giggle

over a year ago

I fill up a 2lt in the morn with lemon, lemon, cucumber and water and just sip away throughout the day. Always end up with an empty bottle

By *ifeisforliving2016Man
over a year ago

waterford

Get a big jug fill it with water & slice up 1/2 a lime leave it in the fridge over nite , drink a glass full first thing in the morning & fill 2 or 3 500ml bottles & bring with u for during the day .That's what I do & it works for me , hope it might help someone else

By *ork ClassCouple
over a year ago

Cork

A few pints of Heineken does it for me .

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"Im terrible at drinking water.taste or lack of doesnt do it for me.tend to drink a lot of coffee/tea during the day and know im still getting some fluid inside me.even downloaded an app on my mobile to remind me to drink but lost interest in that.any advice please."

Try water therapy..upon waking each morning drink 1.5 litres of water then wait an hour before eating anything ..that water is absorbed and will keep you hydrated for the rest of the day..nothing breaks a fast better than water..this changed my life no joke

By *ommando4Man
over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

Best thing for a hangover is a few too many pints the night before

over a year ago

Never a problem drinking a few pints .alcohol that is actually took the advice and presently have a jug of water with lemon,lime and cucumber chilling in the fridge.

over a year ago

Someone may correct me, but I thought drinking tea and coffee had a diuretic effect, so would dehydrate you even more. Water is the best for rehydration, try it with fruit as has been said. Cucumber is also nice in water. B"

This.

Cutting out coffee and tea would actually help...you'd need less water to rehydrate. As has been suggested... lemon or lime slices.

Try hot water with slices...even more refreshing and hydrates quicker.

I use fresh ginger grated and soaked in boiling water over night. In the morning drain and add more boiling water. Squeeze a lemon into it and if needed add sugar to take edge off it.

over a year ago

Yeah I've been trying to drink more water too. I'm at about 2 litres per day, so when does the frequent pissing stop?

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

I luv drinking water . If I drink coffee to late I can't go asleep . I drink a few pints of water . Don't need added flavours either .

over a year ago

"I hate drinking water

I'll try the cucumber and mint "

It's deeelish!

over a year ago

Chilled and filtered water with lemon cuecumber and mint leaves in it.

Bloody lovely and great for the body.

over a year ago

"Yeah I've been trying to drink more water too. I'm at about 2 litres per day, so when does the frequent pissing stop?"

Body takes a few weeks to adjust... but that's good for the kidneys too. I'd drink a bit more than that but my body needs it.

By *atthewsundriMan
over a year ago

dundrum

"Never a problem drinking a few pints .alcohol that is actually took the advice and presently have a jug of water with lemon,lime and cucumber chilling in the fridge. "
def add a bunch of fresh mint leaves to it lovely flavour

By *ewryswingerMan
over a year ago

newry

Tea is fine you will not loose more than you have d*unk. Too much fluid is also bad for you.

over a year ago

If your urine is a pale yellow colour you are sufficiently hydrated, no need to be obsessive.

Post new Message to Thread