Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Location information

Jump to newest

By *rmaghbi27 OP   Man
over a year ago

Armagh

Lots of profiles on Fab lately seem to have removed their location settings to something cryptic like "near u" or "not too far".

I understand the need for privacy etc but it's something that frustrates me (and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one). If you don't feel safe narrowing your location to the County level then you probably shouldn't be on a swinging site in the first place.

I don't want to know your postcode but don't waste time talking to me if you're in "not far" (WEST CORK) and I'm in Armagh.

It just makes things handier for all involved.

Has anyone else noticed this trend? If there's a genuine reason for it that I haven't mentioned then I'd love for someone to explain it. Cheers!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It makes it handier for me to have whatever location I choose on my profile. Making things handier for someone else doesn't come into the equation.

By *rmaghbi27 OP   Man
over a year ago

Armagh

"It makes it handier for me to have whatever location I choose on my profile. Making things handier for someone else doesn't come into the equation. "

Your response seems rather unnecessarily combative. Im not for a moment suggesting that you shouldn't be able to insert what you want for location settings, however, would you not agree it would streamline the process if everyone gave their location within a 5/10/20 mile radius of their actual location?

By *ingerrrrWoman
over a year ago

Meath

The site seems to think I'm in the UK so I show up as 200miles from most in Ireland but 20 from people in Manchester..

over a year ago

"It makes it handier for me to have whatever location I choose on my profile. Making things handier for someone else doesn't come into the equation. "

Totally off topic but I could re-fab those legs a thousand times sally

over a year ago

If you check the green arrow beside my name, you will see that being combative isn't my thing at all.

I don't agree that location should be that precise. I and lots of other people have been stalked on this site and off it, and there's no way in hell I'll ever be that specific about where I live ever again.

In private conversation, I tell people I'm interested in a general location, but as someone who has travelled a few hours to meet some people when I can, distance is not something I'm overly bothered about.

By *adypleasercossacMan
over a year ago

antrim

over a year ago

"It makes it handier for me to have whatever location I choose on my profile. Making things handier for someone else doesn't come into the equation.

Totally off topic but I could re-fab those legs a thousand times sally "

Lol, thank you

Post new Message to Thread