Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Predict The Score

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Apologies if such a thing has been proposed beforehand, I'm not even overly sure if it would be feasible or take off! With the new football season just around the corner, already kicked off in part, I thought we could play a game... for the season

At work we have a weekly competition over the weekend's football fixtures where you, quite simply, predict the scores!

Say maybe 6/8 games, maybe more if there's good interest, picked from all over Europe each week. You then get 3 points for the correct score, 1 for the correct result and obviously 0 for the wrong result/prediction altogether! A league table of users would be updated weekly

Obviously I realise football isn't everybody's cup of tea but if there was enough interest I thought it might be fun to have such a weekly thing going on the forum. All in the name of fun as well of course!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Who or how do the games get picked Pete?

over a year ago

"Who or how do the games get picked Pete?"

I'd just take a few from the different "big" leagues; Premiership, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga.

Probably predominantly the Premiership and a few Irish ones for those that follow that

I wouldn't expect many to have a fair prediction for the Mexican second division and the like

over a year ago

"Who or how do the games get picked Pete?

I'd just take a few from the different "big" leagues; Premiership, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga.

Probably predominantly the Premiership and a few Irish ones for those that follow that

I wouldn't expect many to have a fair prediction for the Mexican second division and the like "

Pete it would be easier than predicting the outcome of a Newcastle match

over a year ago

"Who or how do the games get picked Pete?

I wouldn't expect many to have a fair prediction for the Mexican second division and the like

Pete it would be easier than predicting the outcome of a Newcastle match "

It's the hope that kills you

By *rs Pink PantherWoman
over a year ago

The Darkest Side

Did someone mention the F word

over a year ago

Hallelujah proper football back.heres my 1st 3 pointer

Liverpool to beat Watford 3-1