Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

decisions decisions

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The day has finally arrived for my new phone upgrade. The lovely man in the shop had said I can have whatever I want. Think he has said that as I have his head twisted, I am one visit to that shop away from a restraining order me thinks. Anyhooo I have a Samsung do I take the latest one or try a new one altogether? Any thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m an iPhone guy myself. But the new one is out next month, so I’d hold off for that if you were thinking iPhone.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

I'm a Samsung person love them. Just got an A5 2017. Love it does everything the new S8 does. I had to buy as I wasn't due an upgrade until next year.

over a year ago

"I'm a Samsung person love them. Just got an A5 2017. Love it does everything the new S8 does. I had to buy as I wasn't due an upgrade until next year. "

That's the one I've got it's sound and better again got it for nowt

over a year ago

Samsung guy all the way. I outright buy no contact. I love the Note series. Note2 of 6 years now and Note 4 of 2 years (thought my note2 would died so bought replacement) What I particularly like is i can change the battery if need to for €10 instead od sending it away. My batteries tend to last 2 to 3 yrs and that's heavy use. I know these are older phones they do as much if not more that some more modern ones. Sound on Note 4 is very good.... and very good quality pics.

over a year ago

"The day has finally arrived for my new phone upgrade. The lovely man in the shop had said I can have whatever I want. Think he has said that as I have his head twisted, I am one visit to that shop away from a restraining order me thinks. Anyhooo I have a Samsung do I take the latest one or try a new one altogether? Any thoughts? "

Was nice of you to reply

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

Samsung here all the way.....even converted my son from an iphone

over a year ago

I've got Motorola one very happy with it, picture quality is great I must say. Many people have commented on the quality of the pics, I've put on fab. And for scenery pics also, I got mine in Tesco's as I found the guy their very helpful.best phone I had so far no complaints yet.

By *icey55Man
over a year ago

Dublin /Meath

Im samsung myself and if youre happy with samsung to date id stick with it and extend your vows

over a year ago

Recent convert from IPhone to Samsung-takes a bit of getting used to but I'm happy enough .

over a year ago

Was a lover of iPhone but changed to Samsung and haven't looked back since....id definitely recommend it

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"The day has finally arrived for my new phone upgrade. The lovely man in the shop had said I can have whatever I want. Think he has said that as I have his head twisted, I am one visit to that shop away from a restraining order me thinks. Anyhooo I have a Samsung do I take the latest one or try a new one altogether? Any thoughts? "

That depends on a number of things. I'm assuming from what you have said you are on a contract. Does whatever phone you choose affect your monthly payments in any way?

One piece of advice I will give is do not touch or go near any Apple phone or product ever.

I've owned both iPhones and Samsung Galaxies and having owned iPhones I have vowed never to have one ever again.

They're more prone to breaking. With an iPhone you drop em once or twice and you usually end up needing a new screen at the very least. With my last Samsung phone I must have dropped it at least 50 times with it even bouncing off the ground on a few occasions (I'm clumsy with phones). At one point the screen eventually got cracked but it still kept working.

The other thing I hate about Apple products is that they design everything in such a way that you have to buy their own products, their chargers, their tunes, etc etc.

Also I have found the iPhone a lot less user friendly than other phones.

Trying to get my music unto iPhone was such a task.

First I had to install iTunes then I had to figure out how to work the fucking thing then I had to convert all my music from MP3 format to the format Apple uses. Then I had to figure out how to transfer the files to my phone.

With my Galaxy and other phones all I had to do was drag and click my music folder on the desktop on to my phone folder....done. As easy as that.

I tend to find so many people are sheeple though and end up paying over the odds for phones such as Samsung and iPhones simply because they are trendy and everyone else has one.

I was Samsung loyal but thought I would take a chance with something different.

Right now I have a Moto G4 Plus and I can honestly say it's the best phone I've ever owned. It has all the same specifications as the latest iphone and Samsung phones but is only half the price. Google reviews of it and you'll see what I mean. Almost every website rates it highly.

The Moto G5 is due out soon so I think it may be time for an upgrade myself.

Another piece of advice I'll give if you are like me and prone to dropping your phone, get a tempered glass screen protector. For the sake of a fiver those things really work and save replacing the screens every so often. Also a protective back cover too.

over a year ago

Watching this thread with interest as I'm due an upgrade soon myself.

over a year ago

I can't believe you are abandoning the old ways in favour of some new fancy plastic that will vibrate in your pocket .. #savethe3310

over a year ago

"The day has finally arrived for my new phone upgrade. The lovely man in the shop had said I can have whatever I want. Think he has said that as I have his head twisted, I am one visit to that shop away from a restraining order me thinks. Anyhooo I have a Samsung do I take the latest one or try a new one altogether? Any thoughts?

That depends on a number of things. I'm assuming from what you have said you are on a contract. Does whatever phone you choose affect your monthly payments in any way?

One piece of advice I will give is do not touch or go near any Apple phone or product ever.

I've owned both iPhones and Samsung Galaxies and having owned iPhones I have vowed never to have one ever again.

They're more prone to breaking. With an iPhone you drop em once or twice and you usually end up needing a new screen at the very least. With my last Samsung phone I must have dropped it at least 50 times with it even bouncing off the ground on a few occasions (I'm clumsy with phones). At one point the screen eventually got cracked but it still kept working.

The other thing I hate about Apple products is that they design everything in such a way that you have to buy their own products, their chargers, their tunes, etc etc.

Also I have found the iPhone a lot less user friendly than other phones.

Trying to get my music unto iPhone was such a task.

First I had to install iTunes then I had to figure out how to work the fucking thing then I had to convert all my music from MP3 format to the format Apple uses. Then I had to figure out how to transfer the files to my phone.

With my Galaxy and other phones all I had to do was drag and click my music folder on the desktop on to my phone folder....done. As easy as that.

I tend to find so many people are sheeple though and end up paying over the odds for phones such as Samsung and iPhones simply because they are trendy and everyone else has one.

I was Samsung loyal but thought I would take a chance with something different.

Right now I have a Moto G4 Plus and I can honestly say it's the best phone I've ever owned. It has all the same specifications as the latest iphone and Samsung phones but is only half the price. Google reviews of it and you'll see what I mean. Almost every website rates it highly.

The Moto G5 is due out soon so I think it may be time for an upgrade myself.

Another piece of advice I'll give if you are like me and prone to dropping your phone, get a tempered glass screen protector. For the sake of a fiver those things really work and save replacing the screens every so often. Also a protective back cover too. Yep Moto G4 plus I have it's great, all around.

"

over a year ago

I changed from Iphone to Samsung A5. Best phone I ever had. Newer Samsung are probably better than it but I still wouldn't change. Got the strong otter box cover and luck I did caz let it fall loads of time but never harmed it brilliant phone

By *un4tooCouple
over a year ago

north cork

"I'm a Samsung person love them. Just got an A5 2017. Love it does everything the new S8 does. I had to buy as I wasn't due an upgrade until next year. "

Thought you were talking about Audis there for a second

over a year ago

The HTC One is good too. That's what I have and no complaints ..

By *ean0001Man
over a year ago

Dublin West

I have an galaxy S8.

Its an amazing bit of kit.

You wont be disapointed if you get one. The screen itself is way ahead of everything else.

over a year ago

The Sony phones behave the same way as Samsung, but better. I can't buy anything other than Sony now, never a single problem with an of them.

over a year ago

"The Sony phones behave the same way as Samsung, but better. I can't buy anything other than Sony now, never a single problem with an of them."

One little crack on a Sony screen and nothing works. I had an experia, I absolutely loved it, but it's unusable with a crack, whereas other phones seem to work just fine. For that reason alone, I'll probably never buy Sony again.

over a year ago

"The Sony phones behave the same way as Samsung, but better. I can't buy anything other than Sony now, never a single problem with an of them.

One little crack on a Sony screen and nothing works. I had an experia, I absolutely loved it, but it's unusable with a crack, whereas other phones seem to work just fine. For that reason alone, I'll probably never buy Sony again. "

Didn't know that, I've never cracked a screen on any phone so wouldn't know.

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"The Sony phones behave the same way as Samsung, but better. I can't buy anything other than Sony now, never a single problem with an of them.

One little crack on a Sony screen and nothing works. I had an experia, I absolutely loved it, but it's unusable with a crack, whereas other phones seem to work just fine. For that reason alone, I'll probably never buy Sony again. "

This is why I always emphasise to people about putting a tempered glass screen cover on their phone. For the sake of a fiver or tenner they really do work and take all the impact instead of the actual screen. First thing I did when I bought my daughter a new phone was put one on it. She dropped her phone several times and the tempered glass looked like a map of Syria. I was pretty sure when I went to replace the tempered glass for her that the screen itself would have damage of some sort and there wasn't bad single scratch on it. The screen was still like new. Had I not put it on I'm pretty sure the screen itself would have needed replaced and perhaps the phone itself as a whole may have been damaged or broken.

over a year ago

One little crack on a Sony screen and nothing works. I had an experia, I absolutely loved it, but it's unusable with a crack, whereas other phones seem to work just fine. For that reason alone, I'll probably never buy Sony again.

This is why I always emphasise to people about putting a tempered glass screen cover on their phone. For the sake of a fiver or tenner they really do work and take all the impact instead of the actual screen. First thing I did when I bought my daughter a new phone was put one on it. She dropped her phone several times and the tempered glass looked like a map of Syria. I was pretty sure when I went to replace the tempered glass for her that the screen itself would have damage of some sort and there wasn't bad single scratch on it. The screen was still like new. Had I not put it on I'm pretty sure the screen itself would have needed replaced and perhaps the phone itself as a whole may have been damaged or broken."

Yes indeed,that's something I'll definitely be doing next time, but I'm not willing to go the Sony route again. They're just too fragile.

over a year ago

Didn't know that, I've never cracked a screen on any phone so wouldn't know. "

I'd never done it before then, and it was an eye opener.

over a year ago

Cant stand iPhones was a big fan of Samsung but then I got HTC and will never go back

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

This is why I always emphasise to people about putting a tempered glass screen cover on their phone. For the sake of a fiver or tenner they really do work and take all the impact instead of the actual screen. First thing I did when I bought my daughter a new phone was put one on it. She dropped her phone several times and the tempered glass looked like a map of Syria. I was pretty sure when I went to replace the tempered glass for her that the screen itself would have damage of some sort and there wasn't bad single scratch on it. The screen was still like new. Had I not put it on I'm pretty sure the screen itself would have needed replaced and perhaps the phone itself as a whole may have been damaged or broken.

Yes indeed,that's something I'll definitely be doing next time, but I'm not willing to go the Sony route again. They're just too fragile. "

I found the same with iPhones. I'm the kind of person needs a phone that can take a bit of a whack from time to time.

By *penyoureyes2722Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

I'm due an upgrade soon also and it will definitely be another Sony. This will be my 4th one, all been dropped numerous times and barely a mark on them.

By *onedbodMan
over a year ago

co Galway

Used be an iPhone fan but changed to Samsung s7 few months ago! Great phone would never change from samsung now!!

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Happy to recommend either Samsung or Motorola. Have both and they're excellent quality phones.

Have had Sony and screen cracked. Got screen replaced but it stopped working a month later. Work colleague had the exact same experience with same Sony Experia. Stay away from Sony and buy a tempered glass screen for whichever phone you decide on.

over a year ago

Didn't know that, I've never cracked a screen on any phone so wouldn't know.

I'd never done it before then, and it was an eye opener. "

They're just so good as a phone. They never get battery or memory problems, or freeze. Got to be an iPhone in second place. Samsung are the worst to me.

over a year ago

"I'm due an upgrade soon also and it will definitely be another Sony. This will be my 4th one, all been dropped numerous times and barely a mark on them. "

My kind of woman

over a year ago

I got a HTC 10 a few weeks back and it's a thing of beauty, takes cracking photos

over a year ago

Go for a simple free Motorola G4 or G5 and get a monthly contract. Much cheaper option and really good spec phones. The G5 is available on Amazon with a higher spec and the exchange rate is great at the moment.

over a year ago

"Go for a simple free Motorola G4 or G5 and get a monthly contract. Much cheaper option and really good spec phones. The G5 is available on Amazon with a higher spec and the exchange rate is great at the moment."

Should be SIM free

Post new Message to Thread