By *atthewsundri OP   Man
over a year ago

dundrum

[Removed by poster at 03/08/17 00:50:22]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

dundrum

What do people love/hate about tradesmen that have carried out work in their homes??

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Love the work hate to pay lol...Then when people go the cheap route it ends up like a badgers arse and ends up costing even more, the mind boggles at times

over a year ago

dundrum

Suppose they think they are saving cash but in the long run it can actually cost them more

over a year ago

Love when they do a great job in less time than quoted but hate when they leave a mess behind them or damage stuff.

over a year ago

"What do people love/hate about tradesmen that have carried out work in their homes??"

They come dressed unlike yourself

over a year ago

Love when they turn up when they said they would, do the job they're getting paid for, clean up their mess and don't bore me to tears with conversation.

over a year ago

dundrum

"What do people love/hate about tradesmen that have carried out work in their homes??

They come dressed unlike yourself "

funny that I'll be dressed like this in Bangor all day today xx

over a year ago

dundrum

"Love when they do a great job in less time than quoted but hate when they leave a mess behind them or damage stuff."
I hear Ya!! Would u make me coffee?? Yay or nay??

over a year ago

Any good tradesman doesn't leave a mess behind him in fact he will leave the customer saying I will have him back again

over a year ago

dundrum

"Any good tradesman doesn't leave a mess behind him in fact he will leave the customer saying I will have him back again "
yeah I get that alot

over a year ago

... Yeah yeah... Great picture!

over a year ago

"Love when they do a great job in less time than quoted but hate when they leave a mess behind them or damage stuff. I hear Ya!! Would u make me coffee?? Yay or nay??"

I

Yeah and I'll probably feed ya, if you're any good

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Cowboys

over a year ago

"Love the work hate to pay lol...Then when people go the cheap route it ends up like a badgers arse and ends up costing even more, the mind boggles at times "

Pay cheap, pay twice as much grandad used to say!

By *erryduoCouple
over a year ago

Killarney

"Any good tradesman doesn't leave a mess behind him in fact he will leave the customer saying I will have him back again "

over a year ago

You can come fix the mess my last builder made any day

over a year ago

As a teadesman i always show up when i say i will and never leave a mess of any kind behind me unless im asked to!!!!

over a year ago

"As a teadesman i always show up when i say i will and never leave a mess of any kind behind me unless im asked to!!!!"

over a year ago

Had a father and son do a job in my kitchen, as in kitchen units so on, the father would take off and leave the son too try finish the job, where was the father,

In the pub, when son called, son was fuming, as a result of that, they left the job in a mess, my X hired them,

over a year ago

As one I do show up when I say or at least a phone call. And do what is asked. As word of mouth is the best advertising.

over a year ago

"As one I do show up when I say or at least a phone call. And do what is asked. As word of mouth is the best advertising. "

Good too know, alot of cowboy builders about still, don't know the half of it, I'd say if Ireland had its own version of cowboy builders wud b a success,

over a year ago

As a painter,I know it's imperative to show up when arranged and leave no mess behind. As was already said above,word of mouth is my biggest form of advertising.

As for asking for a cuppa...I'd never have the cheek, unless I forgot my flask

over a year ago

"Love the work hate to pay lol...Then when people go the cheap route it ends up like a badgers arse and ends up costing even more, the mind boggles at times

Pay cheap, pay twice as much grandad used to say! "

Wise man

over a year ago

dundrum

"Love when they do a great job in less time than quoted but hate when they leave a mess behind them or damage stuff. I hear Ya!! Would u make me coffee?? Yay or nay??

I

Yeah and I'll probably feed ya, if you're any good "

deadly 4 course meal coming my way

over a year ago

dundrum

"... Yeah yeah... Great picture!

"

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

They never reply to my text or phone calls, so no one ever turns up and I end up doing it myself.

over a year ago

"They never reply to my text or phone calls, so no one ever turns up and I end up doing it myself. "

That's happened to me on fab

over a year ago

"They never reply to my text or phone calls, so no one ever turns up and I end up doing it myself.

That's happened to me on fab "

You're not texting the right tradesmen so

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"They never reply to my text or phone calls, so no one ever turns up and I end up doing it myself.

That's happened to me on fab "

Lol, seems they stick to their ethos.

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Ye pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Cheapest quotes aren't always the best.

Have seen plenty of people turning up on sites saying they can do the job, but have no experience at all.

Word of mouth is always the best way to go by, even if it does seem a bit more expensive...

over a year ago

dundrum

"They never reply to my text or phone calls, so no one ever turns up and I end up doing it myself. "
the question is if u can do it urself why Ru paying money to get someone else to do it

over a year ago

"They never reply to my text or phone calls, so no one ever turns up and I end up doing it myself. the question is if u can do it urself why Ru paying money to get someone else to do it "

Why not give it to someone who earns a living from it? I can wash my car myself but sometimes I dont have time and use the car wash! I can service my car but give the job to my mechanic!

over a year ago

Man.. simple answer.. money makes the world go around.. if you can afford it..

over a year ago

dundrum

"They never reply to my text or phone calls, so no one ever turns up and I end up doing it myself. the question is if u can do it urself why Ru paying money to get someone else to do it

Why not give it to someone who earns a living from it? I can wash my car myself but sometimes I dont have time and use the car wash! I can service my car but give the job to my mechanic! "

well that is different if u don't have time fair enough! But if u end up doin them urself obviously U have made time ???

over a year ago

"They never reply to my text or phone calls, so no one ever turns up and I end up doing it myself. the question is if u can do it urself why Ru paying money to get someone else to do it

Why not give it to someone who earns a living from it? I can wash my car myself but sometimes I dont have time and use the car wash! I can service my car but give the job to my mechanic! well that is different if u don't have time fair enough! But if u end up doin them urself obviously U have made time ???"

Obviously! Which can be an inconvenience if you lead a busy life. Hence initially the reason for giving the job to someone else.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Text me I'll turn up with my tools

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

I have always done a good job clean efficient. And always made sure the customer is happy . But I feel you guys.! U.K. Tradesmen.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Why not give it to someone who earns a living from it? I can wash my car myself but sometimes I dont have time and use the car wash! I can service my car but give the job to my mechanic! well that is different if u don't have time fair enough! But if u end up doin them urself obviously U have made time ???"

It normally takes up a lot of times if it is a job I haven't done before. For example I had to change the tap on my kitchen sink. So I watched some clips on YouTube how to do it, then to the hardware shop to get the right tools and eventually doing it, which itself takes way longer than done by a pro. Also things can go wrong etcetera.

So depending on the job if you balance the time you put in with the costs for a tradesman you may find it's not necessarily cheaper. If you fuck something up by trying to DIY it can costs you way more.

I certainly have no money to waste but for certain jobs I'd prefer a pro. However if the job is to small for them, they won't even bother to return your call or message.

it's sheer desperation that drives me to down the do it myself road, at present it's the immersion, waiting for a spare part that I had to order.

over a year ago

dundrum

Why not give it to someone who earns a living from it? I can wash my car myself but sometimes I dont have time and use the car wash! I can service my car but give the job to my mechanic! well that is different if u don't have time fair enough! But if u end up doin them urself obviously U have made time ???

It normally takes up a lot of times if it is a job I haven't done before. For example I had to change the tap on my kitchen sink. So I watched some clips on YouTube how to do it, then to the hardware shop to get the right tools and eventually doing it, which itself takes way longer than done by a pro. Also things can go wrong etcetera.

So depending on the job if you balance the time you put in with the costs for a tradesman you may find it's not necessarily cheaper. If you fuck something up by trying to DIY it can costs you way more.

I certainly have no money to waste but for certain jobs I'd prefer a pro. However if the job is to small for them, they won't even bother to return your call or message.

it's sheer desperation that drives me to down the do it myself road, at present it's the immersion, waiting for a spare part that I had to order. "

yes I see Ur point completely I stay well clear of electric and plumbing it does my head In!! Christ U would think there would be loads of tradesmen that would love those small jobs

over a year ago

dundrum

Why not give it to someone who earns a living from it? I can wash my car myself but sometimes I dont have time and use the car wash! I can service my car but give the job to my mechanic! well that is different if u don't have time fair enough! But if u end up doin them urself obviously U have made time ???

Obviously! Which can be an inconvenience if you lead a busy life. Hence initially the reason for giving the job to someone else."

yeah it makes sense in the long run if u lead a busy life to get a professional in but I'm in shock tradesmen would not bother showing after they say they will

over a year ago

Obviously! Which can be an inconvenience if you lead a busy life. Hence initially the reason for giving the job to someone else. yeah it makes sense in the long run if u lead a busy life to get a professional in but I'm in shock tradesmen would not bother showing after they say they will"

Well I'd get a good shock if you showed up like that,

over a year ago

dundrum

Obviously! Which can be an inconvenience if you lead a busy life. Hence initially the reason for giving the job to someone else. yeah it makes sense in the long run if u lead a busy life to get a professional in but I'm in shock tradesmen would not bother showing after they say they will

Well I'd get a good shock if you showed up like that, "

over a year ago

it's sheer desperation that drives me to down the do it myself road, at present it's the immersion, waiting for a spare part that I had to order. "

I see your point. You could end up dripping wet and frustrated and no-one around to take over and finish

Post new Message to Thread