Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Blocking

Jump to newest

By *azzer121 OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

Don't you love you scroll through who's online and tap on a profile only to be told they've blocked you......and you've never even spoken to the person/people in question before?.......yea me neither. The block button exists for a reason but that seems a little excessive

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not really.

If they know you're not for them then it saves everyones time by having no messaging.

Don't take it personally

By *azzer121 OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

Ah you're right. Its a bit annoying but c'est la vie

over a year ago

"Ah you're right. Its a bit annoying but c'est la vie"

Exactly

By *it_tribesmanMan
over a year ago

Galway

I've never had that happen.

over a year ago

Aye went to send someone pic on fpf only to see they'd blocked me and I'd never spoke to them.personally I couldn't give 2 fucks

over a year ago

"Aye went to send someone pic on fpf only to see they'd blocked me and I'd never spoke to them.personally I couldn't give 2 fucks "

Sorry about that

over a year ago

"Aye went to send someone pic on fpf only to see they'd blocked me and I'd never spoke to them.personally I couldn't give 2 fucks "

Nor me.

Whats fpf?

over a year ago

"Aye went to send someone pic on fpf only to see they'd blocked me and I'd never spoke to them.personally I couldn't give 2 fucks

Sorry about that "

I'm a floozie.only send to the boys

over a year ago

"Aye went to send someone pic on fpf only to see they'd blocked me and I'd never spoke to them.personally I couldn't give 2 fucks

Nor me.

Whats fpf?"

Face pic friday

over a year ago

Nor me.

Whats fpf?

Face pic friday "

ah

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

I'm blocked bye lots of ladies don't know why never even chatted to them .

over a year ago

Nor me.

Whats fpf?

Face pic friday

ah "

We are learning fpf added to the fab vocabulary

over a year ago

Endless reasons. Maybe they saw you on chat chatting with someone and didn't like you talk. Political reasons. Maybe you are friends with their enemies. Sexsual oreantation. Bad mood. Maybe you had your profile hidden ...

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"Don't you love you scroll through who's online and tap on a profile only to be told they've blocked you......and you've never even spoken to the person/people in question before?.......yea me neither. The block button exists for a reason but that seems a little excessive"

You mean that doesn't only happen to me? to be fair though when I notice I've been blocked by someone I usually find it's something to do with my retiring personality on the forums and the blockers are usually doing me a favour as they are mostly klems anyway (yes I said klems)

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"Endless reasons. Maybe they saw you on chat chatting with someone and didn't like you talk. Political reasons. Maybe you are friends with their enemies. Sexsual oreantation. Bad mood. Maybe you had your profile hidden ..."

Quite true as I know a few of my blocks on here came about as I was friendly with a particular fabber who was constantly top of the fabbed pix and the green eyed monster brigade who didn't like her blocked me for it but hey it could also be that I'm a fuckwit in some peoples eyes although I choose scenario 1

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Don't you love you scroll through who's online and tap on a profile only to be told they've blocked you......and you've never even spoken to the person/people in question before?.......yea me neither. The block button exists for a reason but that seems a little excessive

You mean that doesn't only happen to me? to be fair though when I notice I've been blocked by someone I usually find it's something to do with my retiring personality on the forums and the blockers are usually doing me a favour as they are mostly klems anyway (yes I said klems)"

Definition: KLEMS multi-factor productivity (MFP) is a productivity measure that relates gross output to primary (capital and labour) and intermediate inputs (energy, other intermediate goods, services).

You've my head spinning now how this relates to fab and how you apply it.

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"Don't you love you scroll through who's online and tap on a profile only to be told they've blocked you......and you've never even spoken to the person/people in question before?.......yea me neither. The block button exists for a reason but that seems a little excessive

You mean that doesn't only happen to me? to be fair though when I notice I've been blocked by someone I usually find it's something to do with my retiring personality on the forums and the blockers are usually doing me a favour as they are mostly klems anyway (yes I said klems)

Definition: KLEMS multi-factor productivity (MFP) is a productivity measure that relates gross output to primary (capital and labour) and intermediate inputs (energy, other intermediate goods, services).

You've my head spinning now how this relates to fab and how you apply it. "

Ah you see you are talking about KLEMS whereas I am talking about klems ie someone who is a klem,hope that clears it up for you.

over a year ago

You've my head spinning now how this relates to fab and how you apply it. "

Never even heard of KLEMS.

over a year ago

Blocked. Not two shits giving here.

over a year ago

What other fabbers think of me and why they block me is none of my business

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"What other fabbers think of me and why they block me is none of my business

"

well by definition it is but I get what you're saying I'm gona send all my blocks to the Donald to help him build his wall

over a year ago

"

Haha same here... Another motto is If you don't like me don't fuck me ..Next

By *ack 188Man
over a year ago

Dublin 15

[Removed by poster at 30/07/17 11:52:13]

over a year ago

well by definition it is but I get what you're saying I'm gona send all my blocks to the Donald to help him build his wall "

And will that be a substantial contribution do ya think?

I know a few have blocked me, found out by chance, don't know reason but no amount of surmising going to give me reason why. Their choice..no loss to me

By *ack 188Man
over a year ago

Dublin 15

"If you don't like me don't fuck me around "

over a year ago

Haha same here... Another motto is If you don't like me don't fuck me ..Next "

So if you do like you ??

over a year ago

So if you do like you ?? "

If you do like well and good chat and take it from there

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

well by definition it is but I get what you're saying I'm gona send all my blocks to the Donald to help him build his wall

And will that be a substantial contribution do ya think?

I know a few have blocked me, found out by chance, don't know reason but no amount of surmising going to give me reason why. Their choice..no loss to me "

I reckon I will have enough for a few miles anyway I know why most have blocked me,the females (mostly) due to me being friendly with another fabber their male cohorts followed suit due to their cuckold nature (I even had one dude sent a lovely quasi threatening message but he blocked me before I could reply ) and the rest because I've pissed em off with my opinions on here it's good to be me

over a year ago

Haha same here... Another motto is If you don't like me don't fuck me ..Next "

Simples isn't it

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Ah you see you are talking about KLEMS whereas I am talking about klems ie someone who is a klem,hope that clears it up for you."

Clem

over a year ago

So if you do like you ??

If you do like well and good chat and take it from there "

No can do

By *ack 188Man
over a year ago

Dublin 15

Clam

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Ah you see you are talking about KLEMS whereas I am talking about klems ie someone who is a klem,hope that clears it up for you.

Clem "

na you're thinking of a whole other type of clem you're thinking of a slow person,that's clem with a soft C I'm talking about klems with a hard K

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Clem

na you're thinking of a whole other type of clem you're thinking of a slow person,that's clem with a soft C I'm talking about klems with a hard K"

I'm lost. I might ask uncle cj

over a year ago

I have been on fab a few times over the 6 years and have to admit that this time on I am blocking more than ever but never if I have never chatted or met them.

A few guys I have actually taken pleasure in telling them they are blocked!

I have a low tolerance for rude, nasty people.

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

"

Am stunned you have been blocked by anyone!!

over a year ago

Also if they blocked you don't forget to block them back too. Because they can unblock you have a look at your profile and block you again. So that means you will never be able to know what's going on on their profile but they will be able to have look at yours. Just thought it would be not fair. How smart is that? ha? Genius ...!

By *aucyladMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Always find it interesting when blocked...i get it your a dick to someone but to just block for no reason...well that's odd.Altho it says more about them than me.thats how I look at it.From my experience it's usually down to insecurity,envy or jealousy....and usually down to the person being a dick.

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"Also if they blocked you don't forget to block them back too. Because they can unblock you have a look at your profile and block you again. So that means you will never be able to know what's going on on their profile but they will be able to have look at yours. Just thought it would be not fair. How smart is that? ha? Genius ...! "

or let them see your profile to see what they are missing

over a year ago

I was blocked two three wks ago because i wouldnt chat on kik after one mail

I got the i know the likes of you and was blocked

Thought it was funny actally

over a year ago

"Endless reasons. Maybe they saw you on chat chatting with someone and didn't like you talk. Political reasons. Maybe you are friends with their enemies. Sexsual oreantation. Bad mood. Maybe you had your profile hidden ...

Quite true as I know a few of my blocks on here came about as I was friendly with a particular fabber who was constantly top of the fabbed pix and the green eyed monster brigade who didn't like her blocked me for it but hey it could also be that I'm a fuckwit in some peoples eyes although I choose scenario 1 "

Weak laughing

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

"Always find it interesting when blocked...i get it your a dick to someone but to just block for no reason...well that's odd.Altho it says more about them than me.thats how I look at it.From my experience it's usually down to insecurity,envy or jealousy....and usually down to the person being a dick."

One of the best explanations as to why people block others ... Appears most block people because they ( the person blocking ) are a knob and are following the crowd... That's me blocked by another few dozen and as the guy above says they are dicks so what odds!!!

My verifications ( hidden ) prove I'm actually good Craic and a fairly good swordsman

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

[Removed by poster at 30/07/17 20:22:49]

over a year ago

"Always find it interesting when blocked...i get it your a dick to someone but to just block for no reason...well that's odd.Altho it says more about them than me.thats how I look at it.From my experience it's usually down to insecurity,envy or jealousy....and usually down to the person being a dick.

One of the best explanations as to why people block others ... Appears most block people because they ( the person blocking ) are a knob and are following the crowd... That's me blocked by another few dozen and as the guy above says they are dicks so what odds!!!

My verifications ( hidden ) prove I'm actually good Craic and a fairly good swordsman "

Most people block because they're not interested in you or because they don't like something about you or your profile. That doesn't make them dicks or knobs or anything else. It makes them people who are using their filters as they please to make their time on fab as good as they can for themselves. Calling other people names because of the choices they make doesn't help anyone's cause.

over a year ago

"Always find it interesting when blocked...i get it your a dick to someone but to just block for no reason...well that's odd.Altho it says more about them than me.thats how I look at it.From my experience it's usually down to insecurity,envy or jealousy....and usually down to the person being a dick.

My verifications ( hidden ) prove I'm actually good Craic and a fairly good swordsman

Most people block because they're not interested in you or because they don't like something about you or your profile. That doesn't make them dicks or knobs or anything else. It makes them people who are using their filters as they please to make their time on fab as good as they can for themselves. Calling other people names because of the choices they make doesn't help anyone's cause. "

Wise lady!

over a year ago

Most people block because they're not interested in you or because they don't like something about you or your profile. That doesn't make them dicks or knobs or anything else. It makes them people who are using their filters as they please to make their time on fab as good as they can for themselves. Calling other people names because of the choices they make doesn't help anyone's cause.

Wise lady! "

Why thank you

By *aucyladMan
over a year ago

Dublin

No your misreading it.Im not calling someone a dick for blocking.i mean if someone is being a dick then I get the being blocked part. Then the rest of my comment is for the non dicks...where people decide to block for no real reason known to the person being blocked.If someone is being a dick then it's usually seen either via a forum posting or they have made contact with the person...its the ones who block and have never had interaction are the ones I just don't get.

over a year ago

There's a lot I've blocked from continously idiotic posts here in the forums!

Or just because I'd not want them to mail me with their dribble...

When I see I'm blocked it doesn't bother me in the slightest, sometimes I just smile and think to myself job well done...

over a year ago

Block option is very good and needed.

And I don't mind being block too. Its just easier with block button

Like some guy just blocked cause I been online and haven't read his msg

By *ork3SomeCouple
over a year ago

BaileSexy

Rarely use it but when you receive a random friend request for the 5th time from same person it has to be done

over a year ago

"Rarely use it but when you receive a random friend request for the 5th time from same person it has to be done "

Or the same message again and again after saying no politely

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Lego would be proud of the lot of ye

over a year ago

I hate the whole ideology of blocking...its often done in a hasty manner for kettle or no reason...can make you feel paranoid when you get blocked too....its like they could have your pics on the page on public and you'd never know....they can also talk any kinda shit about you in the forums or chatrooms without you seeing it....I also see the point in using it too...but at the same time it often just too easily triggered....I wouldn't use it myself unless somebody was really hassling the fuck outta me but each to their own....if you ever get blocked here don't take it too personally unless they know you personally.

By *aucyladMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"I hate the whole ideology of blocking...its often done in a hasty manner for kettle or no reason...can make you feel paranoid when you get blocked too....its like they could have your pics on the page on public and you'd never know....they can also talk any kinda shit about you in the forums or chatrooms without you seeing it....I also see the point in using it too...but at the same time it often just too easily triggered....I wouldn't use it myself unless somebody was really hassling the fuck outta me but each to their own....if you ever get blocked here don't take it too personally unless they know you personally."

I think you can still see their forum postings even if you have them blocked or if your blocked.i could be wrong however?

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

Lots of opinions here and we will never all agree on this subject.

I feel some fabbers get frustrated at being blocked for stupid reasons i.e. Male over 40 so no interaction required

Female under 35 so interaction required

Couple , bi girl no interaction required

Blocked by a friend of mine so blocked

Read someone diss them so blocked

Live to far away so blocked

I agree that filters work for both sexes here and I use them myself but that is just to prevent unwanted mail . You shouldn't block people based solely on their age or gender . We can all bring a little craic to the forums when allowed .

As for calling people knobs .

I meet a lot of people in my career and I am not obliged to like all of them . If I make a decision to dislike a person it is never based on gender , another persons opinion on them , age or location . If I dislike a person it's based on personality and therefore in my opinion a person that dislikes a person for a non valid reason is a knob

I have never singled out an individual here and was a sweeping and flippant remark merely a lighthearted comment to show I agree with some of the other comments here inc .. laugh at being blocked and don't take it personal .

If I offended anyone above you have my genuine apology .

I have met , msg and spoke to far more nice people here than not nice .

D

By *rs Pink PantherWoman
over a year ago

The Darkest Side

"Don't you love you scroll through who's online and tap on a profile only to be told they've blocked you......and you've never even spoken to the person/people in question before?.......yea me neither. The block button exists for a reason but that seems a little excessive"

I only block if the person keeps messaging over and over...other than that I couldn't give a rat's backside who doesn't want to be my "friend" MEH

over a year ago

Most people block because they're not interested in you or because they don't like something about you or your profile. That doesn't make them dicks or knobs or anything else. It makes them people who are using their filters as they please to make their time on fab as good as they can for themselves. Calling other people names because of the choices they make doesn't help anyone's cause. "

Probably the most common use if the block.

The second being when someone deletes their profile for whatever reason and returns, wanting to under the radar for a bit so will quickly use the block button.

over a year ago

"Rarely use it but when you receive a random friend request for the 5th time from same person it has to be done "

If you don't accept a friend request, and just leave it sitting there, the person can't send you another.

over a year ago

"Lots of opinions here and we will never all agree on this subject.

I feel some fabbers get frustrated at being blocked for stupid reasons i.e. Male over 40 so no interaction required

I agree that filters work for both sexes here and I use them myself but that is just to prevent unwanted mail . You shouldn't block people based solely on their age or gender . We can all bring a little craic to the forums when allowed .

I meet a lot of people in my career and I am not obliged to like all of them . If I make a decision to dislike a person it is never based on gender , another persons opinion on them , age or location . If I dislike a person it's based on personality and therefore in my opinion a person that dislikes a person for a non valid reason is a knob

I have never singled out an individual here and was a sweeping and flippant remark merely a lighthearted comment to show I agree with some of the other comments here inc .. laugh at being blocked and don't take it personal .

D "

People block for their own reasons and as such not a stupid reason to them. You have made countless posts about blocking or unblocking and it appears that contrary to what you said in this quoted post, you do have a problem with being blocked by some people. Whatever you say will not change anyone's mind, so you're better off just letting it go.

over a year ago

Who gives a feck about a screen.. They're fake/false people all over the world..

over a year ago

I got blocked once....ahhhhhhhhhh.....

By *tranTV/TS
over a year ago

City

It's no big deal being deleted off a friend list or blocked by someone you don't know.

It's worse spending time talking to someone, getting to know them, then they just decide they dont want to talk to you ever again

over a year ago

"I got blocked once....ahhhhhhhhhh..... "

Senokot works well for that

By *rs Pink PantherWoman
over a year ago

The Darkest Side

"I got blocked once....ahhhhhhhhhh.....

Senokot works well for that "

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

You can't get inside someone else's mind or understand the reasons for the actions they take so why let it influence what you do or impact on your life.

Just move on OP

over a year ago

"I got blocked once....ahhhhhhhhhh.....

Senokot works well for that "

Hahahaha.....I prefer the lactulose....it's sooooo much sweeter....euuuuuuw.....

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

D

People block for their own reasons and as such not a stupid reason to them. You have made countless posts about blocking or unblocking and it appears that contrary to what you said in this quoted post, you do have a problem with being blocked by some people. Whatever you say will not change anyone's mind, so you're better off just letting it go. "

Maybe you should take a few mins to read my post again.. I clearly say blocking for no valid reason DOES annoy me . Not just me but blocking others for NO valid reason. I feel blocking here is an arrogant and an ego trip for some .. as I clearly said we all bring a little fun to forums and we should think a little bit more before adding a random block.. I also state some fools DO deserve to be blocked and for valid reasons

Smile it's not real ...

over a year ago

"I hate the whole ideology of blocking...its often done in a hasty manner for kettle or no reason...can make you feel paranoid when you get blocked too....its like they could have your pics on the page on public and you'd never know....they can also talk any kinda shit about you in the forums or chatrooms without you seeing it....I also see the point in using it too...but at the same time it often just too easily triggered....I wouldn't use it myself unless somebody was really hassling the fuck outta me but each to their own....if you ever get blocked here don't take it too personally unless they know you personally.

I think you can still see their forum postings even if you have them blocked or if your blocked.i could be wrong however?"

You're right

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"I hate the whole ideology of blocking...its often done in a hasty manner for kettle or no reason...can make you feel paranoid when you get blocked too....its like they could have your pics on the page on public and you'd never know....they can also talk any kinda shit about you in the forums or chatrooms without you seeing it....I also see the point in using it too...but at the same time it often just too easily triggered....I wouldn't use it myself unless somebody was really hassling the fuck outta me but each to their own....if you ever get blocked here don't take it too personally unless they know you personally.

I think you can still see their forum postings even if you have them blocked or if your blocked.i could be wrong however?

You're right"

Yeah, you can definitely see their forum postings, even if they have blocked you, without telling you why

over a year ago

"I'm blocked bye lots of ladies don't know why never even chatted to them ."

e

pm me and I can go through the very long and exhaustive list of reasons why they would block you in particular

over a year ago

D

People block for their own reasons and as such not a stupid reason to them. You have made countless posts about blocking or unblocking and it appears that contrary to what you said in this quoted post, you do have a problem with being blocked by some people. Whatever you say will not change anyone's mind, so you're better off just letting it go.

Maybe you should take a few mins to read my post again.. I clearly say blocking for no valid reason DOES annoy me . Not just me but blocking others for NO valid reason. I feel blocking here is an arrogant and an ego trip for some .. as I clearly said we all bring a little fun to forums and we should think a little bit more before adding a random block. I also state some fools DO deserve to be blocked and for valid reasons

Smile it's not real ... "

Who are you to judge whether another person's reason for blocking is valid or not? It's valid to them and that's all that matters.

As for your reasoning "as I clearly said we all bring a little fun to forums and we should think a little bit more before adding a random block", blocking doesn't prevent anyone from posting on the forum, though I would personally disagree that everyone who posts brings fun.

By *o hassleMan
over a year ago

moira

D

Maybe you should take a few mins to read my post again.. I clearly say blocking for no valid reason DOES annoy me . Not just me but blocking others for NO valid reason. I feel blocking here is an arrogant and an ego trip for some .. as I clearly said we all bring a little fun to forums and we should think a little bit more before adding a random block. I also state some fools DO deserve to be blocked and for valid reasons

Smile it's not real ...

Who are you to judge whether another person's reason for blocking is valid or not? It's valid to them and that's all that matters.

As for your reasoning "as I clearly said we all bring a little fun to forums and we should think a little bit more before adding a random block", blocking doesn't prevent anyone from posting on the forum, though I would personally disagree that everyone who posts brings fun.

"

We can't all agree all the time , life isn't like that in fab or outside fab

over a year ago

Their loss personally I don't give hoot

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

That's why I'm only a prick to the munters

over a year ago

I was blocked Saturday night never drinking again

over a year ago

blocking fixt ya ...

over a year ago

I'm delighted to be blocked by certain people.

over a year ago

Might just get blocked tonight mmmhhh pink gin cocktails yes please

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"That's why I'm only a prick to the munters "

Pmsl

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

I block people for all sorts of reasons mainly if I don't like someone or if they are irritating

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

If I block someone, means that they said something ignorant, rude or stupid that earned them a block..

Can't see how blocking a person based on simply not liking the look of their profile makes much sense, but there you go

over a year ago

"Can't see how blocking a person based on simply not liking the look of their profile makes much sense, but there you go "

So you wouldn't make mistake next time contacting them. Block works like a filter.

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

"Can't see how blocking a person based on simply not liking the look of their profile makes much sense, but there you go

So you wouldn't make mistake next time contacting them. Block works like a filter. "

..saves writing notes

over a year ago

Out of sight out of mind

over a year ago

"Can't see how blocking a person based on simply not liking the look of their profile makes much sense, but there you go

So you wouldn't make mistake next time contacting them. Block works like a filter. "

That's what I do, my memory is shocking and I don't want to make a nuisance of myself if someone has declined

Post new Message to Thread