Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Face pics

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's your thoughts on this folks.

Not long on here so still a lot to learn but something we've come across a few times now.

Weve been chatting to another profile (mf or f or whatever) and getting on well. Similar interests. Like each other's pics. Then when the subject of meeting comes up both parties are in agreement but it all falls flat on its face when asking about face pics.

We always felt that among the golden rules should be that you don't meet anyone who you've not seen a face pic of. Yeah you can be verified. Yes you can have had meets before But unless you see a persons face it could be a long trip to meet somebody who you'd know instantly isn't who you want to play with.

With all the fake profiles out there.

I can understand being nervous. And unsure. But if you're talking with another verified couple who have been verified by people who are also well verified surely it's safe to swap face pics before a meet.

Surely people don't do blind dates?

??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We don't do blind dates, face pics are important to us before a meet.

over a year ago

I do blind dates all the time

For me it's the pre meet chat which determines whether or not I will click with the person, not what their mug looks like

I'm no supermodel myself so i hate sending face pics and would never ask for one

over a year ago

"I do blind dates all the time

For me it's the pre meet chat which determines whether or not I will click with the person, not what their mug looks like

I'm no supermodel myself so i hate sending face pics and would never ask for one"

I don't think is about looking like a supermodel or not, but must be a physical attraction for sure and in my case face is important , but again what can be attractive to me is not to others.

By *ingerrrrWoman
over a year ago

Meath

I prefer to see a face picture before a social so i dont end up meeting the wrong person, (yes i have done it in the past!)

I will always send a face pic before meeting, but i'm not too hard to spot with a long mane of red hair..

I have done blind ones but prefer not to.

over a year ago

I'm no supermodel myself so i hate sending face pics and would never ask for one

I don't think is about looking like a supermodel or not, but must be a physical attraction for sure and in my case face is important , but again what can be attractive to me is not to others. "

I kinda like the element of surprise too, though I'm aware that I might live to regret that one of these days

over a year ago

I don't think is about looking like a supermodel or not, but must be a physical attraction for sure and in my case face is important , but again what can be attractive to me is not to others.

I kinda like the element of surprise too, though I'm aware that I might live to regret that one of these days "

Btw... I like your face, you have a beautiful, beautiful smile

A

over a year ago

I kinda like the element of surprise too, though I'm aware that I might live to regret that one of these days

Btw... I like your face, you have a beautiful, beautiful smile

A"

Thank you gorgeous

over a year ago

For us it's more knowing who we are meeting rather than meeting supermodels.

Yes there needs to be an attraction so no point meeting if we know there's nothing. But at the same time if they are serious about playing we feel they should have a willingness to trade a face pic so we each know who we are meeting.

In a m&g we can understand not seeing faces. Big group event. Loads of people to talk to regardless. But one on one (or 2) is too risky not to know who to look for in our opinion. Even if it leaves us disappointed we can't meet the gorgeous profile we've been talkin too

over a year ago

I'm fickle as hell and not afraid to admit it ...if I'm not attracted visually I'm not one to fuck a personality so face pic a must

over a year ago

We always swap face pics before a social meet, if they're going to run away screaming I'd rather not have to witness it.

over a year ago

Pffft! You'd never catch me showing my mug, too many crazies about

Seriously though, it's whatever works for you. I can understand frustration if someone doesn't send one back or doesn't reply when you send one or even blocking you. But you don't know what their attitude towards the matter is or perhaps even what might have happened to them in the past; unfortunately there are bad people on here like there is everywhere else.

I only ever send one when I feel comfortable too, not when I feel obliged. I'll always explain where I stand at that point if it ever comes up in conversation; sometimes I'm happy to send one there and then .

I've had blind dates before, socially, there's no harm in that. Some might see it as a wasted trip if it doesn't work out but if I've gotten to the point of meeting someone then I've already felt a connection of sorts with them so what's wrong with coffee with a new friend

People will always have their own attitude towards face pics, it's arguably the most decisive, divisive part of Fab but nobody should compromise it for someone else.

I know you're not asking anyone to OP btw but if who you're chatting to differs in their attitude then time spent questioning it is time that could be spent getting to know someone else

By *onylimk2009Man
over a year ago

County Limerick

Im not pushed about getting a face picture before if the other person/ couple are a bit nervous, but would have to meet for a coffee or just a quick chat before hand.

If someone requires a picture of me before hand I have no problem, sure I'm only gorgeous

over a year ago

thats it. we dont try force the issue, or question them on it.

we have said that we would need a face pic before a meet, and that unfortunatly we cant meet without it so we hope to meet them at a M&G sometime instead.

the fact that theres lots of crazies about is exactly why we like face pics. we know who we are looking for if we are waiting to meet the person or walking into the room/bar etc.

just curious as to different opinions on the matter

over a year ago

as somebody else said,

you cant fuck a personality.

and that is a part of it as well.

we arent looking to have a relationship with people on here. so not looking for the perfect people, but people we get turned on by.

over a year ago

You have to find what you are comfortable with. It's your profile and you can choose who ever and when ever you want to meet, you can set what parameters you so which i.e, sending of face pic, meet verified from other well meet verified profiles, have met recently (not last verification 2012), they're within a certain age bracket, ethnicity, gender, or have sexual preference.

We have ours, and everyone has their own that they are comfortable with. As long as you stay safe.

Your fake, tyre kicker and time waster radar will improve drastically in no time at all, filters help with ing out most but them, unfortunately not all. But most importantly of all, remember it's about enjoying yourselves and having fun

over a year ago

I would always swap face pics, not because of the attraction tbh (although it does help) if I get on personality wise with someone it is more important to me. I would swap face pics because 1. I would be terrified I knew them eg:family And 2.i would rather they knew what I looked like so they weren't disappointed when they met me

By *kmanMan
over a year ago

Letterkenny

"I would always swap face pics, not because of the attraction tbh (although it does help) if I get on personality wise with someone it is more important to me. I would swap face pics because 1. I would be terrified I knew them eg:family And 2.i would rather they knew what I looked like so they weren't disappointed when they met me "

I know this is not the thread topic but I recently sent a face pic and got no reply not even a sorry. Just nothing I understand fully no reply no interest but they asked me for a face pic after a chat. I thought it so rude.

Feel better now but

over a year ago

"You have to find what you are comfortable with. It's your profile and you can choose who ever and when ever you want to meet, you can set what parameters you so which i.e, sending of face pic, meet verified from other well meet verified profiles, have met recently (not last verification 2012), they're within a certain age bracket, ethnicity, gender, or have sexual preference.

We have ours, and everyone has their own that they are comfortable with. As long as you stay safe.

Your fake, tyre kicker and time waster radar will improve drastically in no time at all, filters help with ing out most but them, unfortunately not all. But most importantly of all, remember it's about enjoying yourselves and having fun

"

we have found that we are getting very quick to pick out profiles that are clearly chancers alright. doesnt mean people that dont send pics are chancers, but it is a good point. we've had a few we decided were fake that a few days later are deleted, or ones whos pics and veris are from 2010 etc who stink of, a couple who broke up and he's using the profile to get a quick wank.

IK,

that's something we are guilty of in the past, but have decided we would make a conscious effort to at least reply with sorry not for us. especially if we asked for pics or if we were in conversation before the pics.

By *okieandcub888Couple
over a year ago

cork

Face pis before a meet if all is going well, hate blind dates!!

over a year ago

We usually only meet at parties for this reason.., we cannot tell if we are attracted by a picture. We rarely have non party meets, but when we do, we expect a face pic but we will not send ours any more as too many fakes on here.

If the other party doesn't like it ....no meet ....which is fair enough. We always state our position up front

Sam

over a year ago

"We usually only meet at parties for this reason.., we cannot tell if we are attracted by a picture. We rarely have non party meets, but when we do, we expect a face pic but we will not send ours any more as too many fakes on here.

If the other party doesn't like it ....no meet ....which is fair enough. We always state our position up front

Sam"

Am i reading that right. You expect the face puc but wouldnt send one back?

over a year ago

"We usually only meet at parties for this reason.., we cannot tell if we are attracted by a picture. We rarely have non party meets, but when we do, we expect a face pic but we will not send ours any more as too many fakes on here.

Sam"

We are predominantly a party meet couple too. It works for us, but we have and do send face pics, obviously not to everyone who asks, in fairness very few actually do, or at least the people we have chatted with, have never down right asked. There is usually a "This is us" moment and we'll all mutually share face pics.

over a year ago

"I'm fickle as hell and not afraid to admit it ...if I'm not attracted visually I'm not one to fuck a personality so face pic a must "

Funnily I think fucking a personality is far more important. You need to have the same connection and sexual interests for the sex to be the best and that comes from having a similar personality I find.

Doesn't matter how attractive someone is, but if there aren't into things that doesn't really interest me then I can't imagine the sex is going to be that good.

over a year ago

We do make exceptions for well verified couples of course, but tbh we don't really meet couples anymore, unless at a party and single guys we would not really send a pic. However we are totally up for a social meet first and see where it leads if that is what we are looking for at the time

over a year ago

"I'm fickle as hell and not afraid to admit it ...if I'm not attracted visually I'm not one to fuck a personality so face pic a must

Funnily I think fucking a personality is far more important. You need to have the same connection and sexual interests for the sex to be the best and that comes from having a similar personality I find.

Doesn't matter how attractive someone is, but if there aren't into things that doesn't really interest me then I can't imagine the sex is going to be that good. "

oh i agree the personality is important. you cant fuck a personality but you can sure as hell use it to heighten the mood and get the sexual tension built up. its a fine balancing act alright between the two.

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

ALWAYS a face pic. And a few of them. Photobombkik if they're nervous about sending face pics. But early on, on another site we were chatting to someone and she sent a face pic and then sent some other face pics and it definitely wasn't the same girl and "she" was a total fake cause when it came to meeting, no show. There is always a chance the face pics and body pics are years old too so always meet for a drink first aswell xx

By *kmanMan
over a year ago

Letterkenny

"ALWAYS a face pic. And a few of them. Photobombkik if they're nervous about sending face pics. But early on, on another site we were chatting to someone and she sent a face pic and then sent some other face pics and it definitely wasn't the same girl and "she" was a total fake cause when it came to meeting, no show. There is always a chance the face pics and body pics are years old too so always meet for a drink first aswell xx "

Kik live is very handy you know it is them now not a pass pic.

over a year ago

"ALWAYS a face pic. And a few of them. Photobombkik if they're nervous about sending face pics. But early on, on another site we were chatting to someone and she sent a face pic and then sent some other face pics and it definitely wasn't the same girl and "she" was a total fake cause when it came to meeting, no show. There is always a chance the face pics and body pics are years old too so always meet for a drink first aswell xx "

yeah, i defintiely think meeting for a drink rather than meeting in their room or whatever is the way to go for a first meet but when you arent exactly in a hub of activity like us, we need to travel. if the M&G you invited us to was a solo meet, it would have been a long way to go if you guys weren't sexy as hell anyway. i think we'd be more lax if we were living in dublin or galway where we could stroll to a meet and stroll home with no great loss.

we like the kik live feature where it tells you that you are seeing a pic taken right then and there.

and received the first photobomb too. same as the auto delete feature here that.

By *oderndaylivesCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I blanket rule no face pictures for many reasons. I don't demand them of others either but I do need to have a vague idea of what they look like, as I think you can gauge from my pictures. I've never really had a problem getting meets, although recently had a few cocky single blokes saying "how do I know you're fit...blah blah"

To which I say don't worry about it. Plenty of other less arrogant people I'd rather meet now anyway.

over a year ago

What I noticed about face pics that a lot of ppl look for them and rather quickly once a conversation starts and regardless of what we like to think about ourselves we do judge ppl by there pics so your all taking in an idea world

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I think half a face should be enough. Not necessarily enough to give a person away but enough to recognise them in a bar or coffee shop.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

I went to meet someone with no face photo . Ended up one of my worst meets . No chemistry. Even though we got on grand chatting . If they are serious about meeting they should have no reason not to show their faces . I show my face ..

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

I hate messers who always give us guys a bad name . But had 2 couples mess me about most likely a guy messing. Had a few ladies mess me to . Got their phone nos but they changed their mind . Why do people come on here and then leave without telling people .

over a year ago

Sure what's the point in a face pic if her arse is in the air and her face is burried in the pillow...Lol...sorry couldn't resist....

over a year ago

Not into blind dates

There has to be some attraction

It's not just personality.

over a year ago

We wouldn't even consider it. If someone is comfortable enough to meet then they should be comfortable enough to send face pics.

No face, no meet, no exceptions!

over a year ago

I'm no supermodel myself so i hate sending face pics and would never ask for one"

Couldn't agree more!!

over a year ago

I've never asked for facepics, mine are on display on my profile so people can have an idea.

The attraction is made of personnality and look, so to me a face pic is not a must, but i like to know to whom i'm talking with in general, mostly because i'm a curious, and i know it's a sin aha

Post new Message to Thread