Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Galaxy 8

Jump to newest

By *safunwitu OP   Man
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Any fabbers get one yet, any reviews on them.

Was thinking of getting one soon, as i am due an upgrade...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ackandsashaCouple
over a year ago

West Dublin

I was seriously thinking of getting one until I seen a youtube video doing a drop test. It did terrible. Fairly low drop cracked the top and bottom.Very expensive to replace the front. I have an S6. Might get an s7.

By *exfordgentMan
over a year ago

arklow

Forget the s7 or 8 get an 2017 a5 the guys in the shop convinced me to get it and its way better than the s7 in every way especially the battery life

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

A5 way to go....great battery life and buil like a tank...aluminium body...far better than glass aka s7..s8..great camera back and front same..so better than a s7 hands down there too.plus youll get a great deal on them...great wee phone

By *safunwitu OP   Man
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Cheers for the comments.

Cant understand why it only has a 12 megapixel camera, when the s6 has a 16 MP camera.

Otterbox cases are good for protecting phones, from breaking.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I can upgrade so I might have a look although on second thoughts I'm keeping my 6s

over a year ago

I have the S7 edge

Loooove it. Don't see any reason I should replace it with any newer phone as it does everything I want it to and more. I have an ottetbox case and dropped it soo many times besides the case having a wee crack phone is intact and working perfectly. Still have my S6 as well. Brilliant phone.

By *safunwitu OP   Man
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

I have the s6 myself and is a great phone. Just had a look at the a5 2017, it has 16 MP front and back cameras and a radio, has me thinking...

over a year ago

Get an s7 instead. Not enough development to warrent the price and its very fragile

By *safunwitu OP   Man
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

"Get an s7 instead. Not enough development to warrent the price and its very fragile"

It defo is pricey, rang up to see what it would cost and on the plan i am on at the moment, it would cost near 400 urinals.

By *ean0001Man
over a year ago

Dublin West

I have an 8 a few weeks now..

And its fantastic.

I have had a 5, 6 and a 7 edge but the 8 is another leap ahead and watching video on it has to be seen to be believed.

I got the case with it that allows you to charge wirelessly and you can answer the phone by swiping through the case front without opening the case.

Its lightening quick, very responsive and has improved on the whole edge thing as you get less false activations on the edge menu's

Battery life is great and i bought a couple of Goodee wireless chargers for about 12 euro each online so one for the office and one for home so it sits in the cradle

Everyone i have showed it too cant believe how good the screen is.

And with its Knox folders for hidden content and syncing across all my devices i can only recommend it. But i got mine for nothing as an upgrade as im a heavy business user so yes if money is tight you might be better off with the 7.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Cheers for the comments.

Cant understand why it only has a 12 megapixel camera, when the s6 has a 16 MP camera.

Otterbox cases are good for protecting phones, from breaking."

It's not all about the pixels though.

over a year ago

Get a one+3T it is about 400 yo yos at the moment online order only. Better spec than most major brand phones out at the moment. Have had the full range and will never get anything else

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Get a one+3T it is about 400 yo yos at the moment online order only. Better spec than most major brand phones out at the moment. Have had the full range and will never get anything else "

The new one is coming out later in the year, possibly called the one+ 5 as apparently 4 is an unlucky number in China. I love the phones but I really need a waterproof phone so there's not an awful lot of choice.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Still using an s6 edge....

Probably the best phone I ever had...

Apart from not being able to expand the memory..

One+5t is due out later this year...and if it's as good or better than the one+3 it should be virtually bomb proof and about half the cost of an s8.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Still using an s6 edge....

One+5t is due out later this year...and if it's as good or better than the one+3 it should be virtually bomb proof and about half the cost of an s8."

Unfortunately just not waterproof

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Still using an s6 edge....

One+5t is due out later this year...and if it's as good or better than the one+3 it should be virtually bomb proof and about half the cost of an s8.

Unfortunately just not waterproof "

Sadly true... but they are so well priced that if you don't drown them too often it's still a good deal..

over a year ago

"Get an s7 instead. Not enough development to warrent the price and its very fragile

It defo is pricey, rang up to see what it would cost and on the plan i am on at the moment, it would cost near 400 urinals.

"

I think I got a price of €229 for upgrade on bill plan I'm on!! Sounds good to me.

over a year ago

"Forget the s7 or 8 get an 2017 a5 the guys in the shop convinced me to get it and its way better than the s7 in every way especially the battery life "

Same here. Got myself tge 2017 A5 32gb internal memory and has an sd card slot too which took me a week to find All the features of s7 but even better selfie camera

over a year ago

I got the a5 for €29 on an upgrade cant beat it

Post new Message to Thread