Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Doubting site supporters, now

Jump to newest

By *eingMasterful OP   Man
over a year ago

Derry

Hey all!

I used to always use site supporters as a barometer, along with photo verification, to gauge if a profile was genuine (my thinking was "I can't imagine anyone would fork over money and put the effort of taking photos, just "for a laugh"). I'm starting to have doubts over these markers, now.

Recently, I've contacted a few different people once I've spotted that gold/silver medal and/or green flag. I've exchanged photos, set up a social meet...then its all over, as quickly as it begun. Photos are firstly removed from messages, and soon after you see the dreaded "user no longer on site" .

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Do you, like me, expect a site supporter to be genuine, or have you all, slowly but surely, become more cynical on here, since you first joined?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *xplicitlyricsMan
over a year ago

south dublin

I think you have to keep an eye to how long their on the site aswell. I wont bother with new users no matter how good their profile is or if they are a supporter or not. Like you said its not that reliable.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

" Do you, like me, expect a site supporter to be genuine, or have you all, slowly but surely, become more cynical on here, since you first joined?"

We expect everyone to be genuine,wether they are site supporters or not.

Isn't always the case,but we still expect it.

By *jb_1980Man
over a year ago

limerick

"I think you have to keep an eye to how long their on the site aswell. I wont bother with new users no matter how good their profile is or if they are a supporter or not. Like you said its not that reliable."

It's my way of thinking too.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Verifications are still the most reliable ones and even with that you've to follow your gut feeling and use means such as tineye.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A new female mailed us yesterday. Wanted to go straight to kik or WhatsApp. Verified. Not showing verification. Alarms went off. I wouldn't trust a lot of profiles tbh unless well verified and at least picture verified. Site supporters I would only trust if well verified too.

King

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Call me old fashioned if you will but I depend on my own intuition rather than any label that can be purchased here for a few quid.

Post new Message to Thread