Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

...And Justice For All...

Jump to newest

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

Just listening to it for the first time in years. I could never put my finger on why it sounded so unique. Obviously I've heard about the fact that Jason's 'input' was discarded but now I finally get it. The lack of base is what made that album stand out from the rest.

Metallica's best album in my opinion.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Totally agree. Blackened is still my all time favourite Metallica track.

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

While the production was generally an improvement over its predecessors, the lack of bass in the mix means it falls at the last fence. With adequate amounts it could have been their best sounding album, but it isn't. That title goes to the black album.

With regards to songwriting, exploring more progressive aspects whilst admirable, led them to persue long winded arrangements, so by that measurement it's also not their best work.

That title goes to master of puppets.

It can be argued that without Cliff Burton's grounding influence in both personality and music theory that they went off the rails after his death,in more ways than one.

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Garage days revisited, is the only Metallica one i really liked.

And that was only a 5 track ep.

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

I have a very early "metal up your ass" on vinyl which people will know was redone under a different name and to me that is Metallica at their rawest it varies depending on my mindset as to just what exactly is their "best" album though Justice and Puppets are definitely worth a shout,however the black album is probably the best put together album of them all.

over a year ago

"I have a very early "metal up your ass" on vinyl which people will know was redone under a different name and to me that is Metallica at their rawest it varies depending on my mindset as to just what exactly is their "best" album though Justice and Puppets are definitely worth a shout,however the black album is probably the best put together album of them all."

Have to agree, think the black album is the best. Definitely my favourite out of all their albums anyway

By *tsUS1990Couple
over a year ago

Dublin

I go between Master of Puppets and Justice as being my favourite Metallica album, depending on the mood of the day.

Masters has a raw and unflinching attitude that has been sorely lacking from Metallica in the last 20 years.

But Justice is a band at the height of its power and songwriting abilities. It's a great album with powerful sings that are actually about something.

Saying all that though, the Black album will always be special to me. I was 15 and my favourite band took over the world. You can't beat that.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Guys you should listen to radio Nova if you like Metallica.

By *DSGCouple
over a year ago

That place in

Have a soft spot for S&M and I do mean the album, love the mix of the classical with the rock

over a year ago

It's between Master and Ride the Lightning for me but Justice is fantastic too. The first 4 are untouchable.

Mind you the first 4 Slayer kill them.

over a year ago

Master of puppets is my favourite! Absolute masterpiece.. There's cool versions of the AJFA tracks online with Jason's bass brought up in the mix! Worth a listen on YouTube

over a year ago

"Master of puppets is my favourite! Absolute masterpiece.. There's cool versions of the AJFA tracks online with Jason's bass brought up in the mix! Worth a listen on YouTube "

Master of Puppets for me too. Love it!

over a year ago

I'll go so far as to say that Battery is the greatest Thrash Metal song ever

over a year ago

I would always be early Metallica but i must say I'm loving Hardwired, listening to it a lot since it came out

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Now it's time sides to be chosen.....

Justice or rust in peace?

over a year ago

"Now it's time sides to be chosen.....

Justice or rust in peace?"

Justice. No question.

Although I do have time for a bit of rust in peace - just a shame that Mustaine hung onto the bitterness for so long

over a year ago

Fuck Rust in Piece. Really never liked that record. Peace Sells however...unreal.

Anyone here like Exodus?

By *antyfetishTV/TS
over a year ago

Collooney/Sligo/Dublin

i have a mets fan since 82'..seen them 49 times..first time 85'..latest 'house of vans' in london last nov for kirks birthday and launch of 'hardwired' which the best album they have done since 'the black album'...

By *antyfetishTV/TS
over a year ago

Collooney/Sligo/Dublin

love exodus...they came out with testament, slayer, forbidden, dark angel and death angel..

By *P_80 OP   Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Master of puppets is my favourite! Absolute masterpiece.. There's cool versions of the AJFA tracks online with Jason's bass brought up in the mix! Worth a listen on YouTube "

I've heard those Justice tracks with the bass in the mix but I have to say I prefer them without. I just love the sound of Justice. I'm not saying songs would be better without bass, I'm only saying there was always something about the sound of that album that seemed weird or 'off' and I was just drawn to it.

Oh and I agree, Master was a masterpiece Gun to my head I'd probably say it's their best, but man I love Justice.

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Can't pick one out of Kill Em All/Master of Puppets/Black album. All have classics on them.

Seeing as others are throwing stuff in, just recently dug out my vinyl of Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow, When I Can't Even Smile Today. Excellent album!

By *oba_FettishMan
over a year ago

Tallaght

Fuck Justice, it was a giant self indulgent art house wank. Puppets was their opus maximus followed closely by the Lightning. Metallica worked great as a trash metal band but they lost their edge after Cliff died and none of their albums had the same energy or drive about them unfortunately.

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Megadeths first 3 albums are up with the best that metal has to offer in my humble opinion,their later stuff was good but not as good (again my opinion)

Someone mentioned Suicidal Tendencies too and they are a band anyone can fall in love with let us not forget Anthrax when talking about the top tier bands of the metal genre.

over a year ago

Nimes 2009 - was there - what a open air night

Think it's on you tube if you fancy a nosey

By *oba_FettishMan
over a year ago

Tallaght

"Megadeths first 3 albums are up with the best that metal has to offer in my humble opinion,their later stuff was good but not as good (again my opinion)

Someone mentioned Suicidal Tendencies too and they are a band anyone can fall in love with let us not forget Anthrax when talking about the top tier bands of the metal genre."

over a year ago

James vocals were at their best on that album....all the other albums sounded better live in 88 than they did on the originals....garage days re-re visited was great at that time too.....id gone off their sound by the black album, but I could blame the vocal sound on that too.

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Nimes 2009 - was there - what a open air night

Think it's on you tube if you fancy a nosey "

Think I have this on Bluray, if it's the one in a Colosseum in France. It's brilliant!

By *Belfast_FellaMan
over a year ago

belfast

"While the production was generally an improvement over its predecessors, the lack of bass in the mix means it falls at the last fence. With adequate amounts it could have been their best sounding album, but it isn't. That title goes to the black album.

With regards to songwriting, exploring more progressive aspects whilst admirable, led them to persue long winded arrangements, so by that measurement it's also not their best work.

That title goes to master of puppets.

It can be argued that without Cliff Burton's grounding influence in both personality and music theory that they went off the rails after his death,in more ways than one. "

This.

Post new Message to Thread