Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Classical Music..

Jump to newest

By *e Count OP   Man
over a year ago

Kilkenny

Name a piece of classical music that just turns you on.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *acko1922Couple
over a year ago

mullingar

Ride of the Valkyries

By *e Count OP   Man
over a year ago

Kilkenny

Poem Of Ecstasy, or else Sonata Erotica.

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Metallica - Symphony & Metallica. Or S&M as it's called

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

Gustav Holst, 'Mars'.

According to Geezer Butler it was the inspiration for the main riff of the song 'Black Sabbath' by,...Black Sabbath, and in that moment Heavy Metal was born.

I have always considered classical music as Heavy Metal before the discovery of electricity \m/

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Claire du lune..de busey

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Maurice Ravel....Bolero.

By *ant111Man
over a year ago

Dublin 6

carl orf.. four strings on xylaphone or something

By *ant111Man
over a year ago

Dublin 6

this isnt strictly classical

but https://youtu.be/UUXGud4Qc10

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Tchaikovsky piano concert

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That is glorious

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Actually this one is kind of a classic, a nipple hardener, James Brown in combo with luciano Pavarotti, amazing piece of recording

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Febr_t_qa9U

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Gustav Holst, 'Mars'.

According to Geezer Butler it was the inspiration for the main riff of the song 'Black Sabbath' by,...Black Sabbath, and in that moment Heavy Metal was born.

I have always considered classical music as Heavy Metal before the discovery of electricity \m/"

I think Led Zeppelin formed same time, same place, so who started metal? Might be a debate. Deep Purple also started same year and the classics are quite prevalent with them.

Motorhead wasn't until '75 and they reckon they coined headbanging but AC/DC were '73 so I think that goes to Angus.

Regardless, yes, completely agree, a lot of heavy metal has classical roots. Lars Ulrich (Metallica) is classically trained and I'm sure there were many before him of similar nature. They learned classical, plugged it in, sped it up and turned it up to 11 thank the Lord!

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Maurice Ravel....Bolero.

"

Now do feel free to correct me but, isn't this the tune that's specially designed for having sex to?

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Now do feel free to correct me but, isn't this the tune that's specially designed for having sex to?"

It actually wasnt...it was originally composed for choreography in 1928 and by accident it took on a sexual meaning. It was used in the '70s movie 10 with Bo Derek...you might remember her? a right beauty she was in her day.

Then in 1984, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean used the composition to win gold in the winter olympics.

Ive loved it ever since.

Oh and yes..ive had sex to it...several times over!!

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Now do feel free to correct me but, isn't this the tune that's specially designed for having sex to?

It actually wasnt...it was originally composed for choreography in 1928 and by accident it took on a sexual meaning. It was used in the '70s movie 10 with Bo Derek...you might remember her? a right beauty she was in her day.

Then in 1984, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean used the composition to win gold in the winter olympics.

Ive loved it ever since.

Oh and yes..ive had sex to it...several times over!! "

Oh yes! I certainly remember No Derek and her 10 beach pic/shot. Yowsa!

Much better than Jayne Torvill. Yeuch!

Well done on the sex to it. Hope you got to hit replay a few times

I think my favourite for long n slow, with a little fast, would be Metallica-Orion but not so many ladies are into that

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Gustav Holst, 'Mars'.

I have always considered classical music as Heavy Metal before the discovery of electricity \m/

I think Led Zeppelin formed same time, same place, so who started metal? Might be a debate. Deep Purple also started same year and the classics are quite prevalent with them.

Motorhead wasn't until '75 and they reckon they coined headbanging but AC/DC were '73 so I think that goes to Angus.

Regardless, yes, completely agree, a lot of heavy metal has classical roots. Lars Ulrich (Metallica) is classically trained and I'm sure there were many before him of similar nature. They learned classical, plugged it in, sped it up and turned it up to 11 thank the Lord!"

I don't think it will ever be decided who actually invented Heavy Metal. Sabbath seem to get the credit because they were 'darker' than the Zep but then it could be argued that The Beatles invented Heavy Metal with 'Helter Skelter'.

Either way I don't worry too much about it and just enjoy the greatest music in the world

By *e Count OP   Man
over a year ago

Kilkenny

..but then it could be argued that The Beatles invented Heavy Metal with 'Helter Skelter'..

I thought it was "The Kinks" that layed the foundations for Metal and Grunge.

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"..but then it could be argued that The Beatles invented Heavy Metal with 'Helter Skelter'..

I thought it was "The Kinks" that layed the foundations for Metal and Grunge.

"

Hell, even Marty McFly can be given credit for inventing Heavy Metal with that electric performance at the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance

Post new Message to Thread