Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Van insurance

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Dose anyone know if you can insure a small car van private ? And how would nct work ? Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Insuremyvan.com will sort you

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"Dose anyone know if you can insure a small car van private ? And how would nct work ? Thanks "

If its a small carvan it can be ncted ..doe is for larger commercials..the likes of a renault kangoo needs a doe even though its technically a carvan if you know what i mean

over a year ago

"Dose anyone know if you can insure a small car van private ? And how would nct work ? Thanks "

FBD will cover you privately and as it's a van you have to do a DOE test. It's a bit more expensive than the NCT but not as rigid

By *ean0001Man
over a year ago

Dublin West

"Dose anyone know if you can insure a small car van private ? And how would nct work ? Thanks

If its a small carvan it can be ncted ..doe is for larger commercials..the likes of a renault kangoo needs a doe even though its technically a carvan if you know what i mean "

If its a commercial type vechile you have still to get it doe every year even if its taxed privatly. You can insure it private or commercial if its taxed private.

If you tax it private you can carry passingers in it that are not employees of the company. If it has commercial tax on it you are not allowed to carry non employee passingers or kids in it.

I have one taxed private, insured commercially and have to doe it every year despite paying the extra for the tax. The advantage is i can carry the kids in it.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks guys I was thinking focus or sim miler just so I can bring my dog in it fucker has car wrecked

over a year ago

I couldn't get a van quote without a herd or VAT number. I'm not long back in Ireland so it's a bit harder for me to get a decent quote anyway.

By *it_tribesmanMan
over a year ago

Galway

If you were driving a car previously your no claims bonus won't carry forward onto a van so you will be starting from scratch with comercial insurance witch will be pricey

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Doe is over a 100 blips now whereas an nct is only 50..plus doe has to be done every year regardless of age ..any car under 10 years of age has to be tested every 2 years..after 10 its yearly

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"I couldn't get a van quote without a herd or VAT number. I'm not long back in Ireland so it's a bit harder for me to get a decent quote anyway. "

you dont need a vat number just give them your pps

over a year ago

"I couldn't get a van quote without a herd or VAT number. I'm not long back in Ireland so it's a bit harder for me to get a decent quote anyway.

you dont need a vat number just give them your pps "

I heard that alrite, I got an estate instead tho.

Post new Message to Thread