Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Unsure about meet

Jump to newest

By *eehee161 OP   Woman
over a year ago

mullingar

Quick question. Just found out that one guy I am texting caused hassle for another poor woman. Is there any way that potential meets can be privately discussed. Maybe contact last person who verifies etc. Maybe not good idea but does anybody have any suggestion.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Go with your gut feeling on this. Make sure to meet in a public place and you phone has plenty of battery if you do end up meeting.

Good luck!

over a year ago

Don't believe all you hear many here tell you storys don't meet this one or that one and some even are so possessive they will tell you anything ... Make your own judgement when you met the guy, if it feels wrong to go meet him go by your gut not by stories you hear

over a year ago

"Quick question. Just found out that one guy I am texting caused hassle for another poor woman. Is there any way that potential meets can be privately discussed. Maybe contact last person who verifies etc. Maybe not good idea but does anybody have any suggestion."

I'm wondering how you found out such a thing? Do you personally know and trust the source, or is it just one person's word against another's? I agree with the advice given, meet in a safe public place, and make your own mind up about someone, rather than take someone else's word.

I'm a firm believer in gut instinct, but in this case I wonder if you already felt uneasy or if that came about after you heard a rumour?

By *eehee161 OP   Woman
over a year ago

mullingar

Kind of felt unsure from day one. Always seemed to be annoyed when I didn't answer back. The person who told me has nothing to gain by telling me.

over a year ago

"Kind of felt unsure from day one. Always seemed to be annoyed when I didn't answer back. The person who told me has nothing to gain by telling me."

If you're going by your own gut and nothing else, then trust it.

over a year ago

People get jealous and possessive at times on here. It's human nature. There is also rejection and the emotions that kicks up. People have agendas and the rumours sometimes serve those agendas.

I am a big believer in treating people as they treat me.

All that being said, you have to protect yourself. Always.

A social meet in a public place is a good idea and it helps build trust

over a year ago

"Kind of felt unsure from day one. Always seemed to be annoyed when I didn't answer back. The person who told me has nothing to gain by telling me.

If you're going by your own gut and nothing else, then trust it."

As usual sally is right trust your gut

over a year ago

Trust your own instincts, far too many here with their own agenda.

over a year ago

"Trust your own instincts, far too many here with their own agenda."

This exactly.

King

over a year ago

There's three side to every story, yours, there's and somewhere in the middle is the truth. Secondly, trust your gut, it's always 100% true that if you get that iffy feeling, then get out.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

People here have their own agendas and there have been similar threads about people discussing prospective meets with those they thought they could trust only to discover that advice being given comes solely from that individuals own perspective and may therefore lack a level of objectivity.

The only persons judgement you should ever trust about any meet is your own.

If you feel unsure... then what is lost by waiting until you either feel confident about the meet...or not as the case may be.

Whichever you choose I wish you good luck and an outcome that works for you.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Message some of his veries and see what they thought of him .

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Yea I think you have to go with your own gut feeling . You either like them or you dont. You should be able to judge people bye chatting with them . I can anyway .

over a year ago

Trust your gut. If it doesn't feel right then don't meet. You can't always trust veris to give a true reflection of how the person is.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

Well from what I hear you say you don't trust him . He seems very pushy when you don't answer him quickly enough he gets annoyed . That's not good. But it's up to you .

over a year ago

Trust your gut!!! I have learned hard from this, have even given a 2nd chance and was still let down,if that niggling feeling there from the start trust it

over a year ago

We got a message recently from a single girl asking for a reference, for want of a better word, about a possible meet she was planning with a single guy.

We hadn't met the guy, but some of our good friends on here spoke very highly of him and would always recommend him, and that's exactly what we told her.

over a year ago

Sounds like your gut is telling you what you need to know

over a year ago

"Trust your own instincts, far too many here with their own agenda."

^^^ this

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

If it doesn't feel right, it isn't right. Or in case of doubt, don't meet. But it's always best to make up your own mind than to listen to the gossip.

over a year ago

I wouldnt meet if it didnt feel right.

By *ornyminx13Woman
over a year ago

lurgan

[Removed by poster at 02/05/17 22:25:55]

By *ornyminx13Woman
over a year ago

lurgan

"People here have their own agendas and there have been similar threads about people discussing prospective meets with those they thought they could trust only to discover that advice being given comes solely from that individuals own perspective and may therefore lack a level of objectivity.

The only persons judgement you should ever trust about any meet is your own.

If you feel unsure... then what is lost by waiting until you either feel confident about the meet...or not as the case may be.

Whichever you choose I wish you good luck and an outcome that works for you."

Post new Message to Thread