Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Peoples views??

Jump to newest

By *igerclaws OP   Couple
over a year ago

cork

We sometimes find here in reading threads people say what they would do in a situation.

Every day it seems someone posts about something that happens to them and our responses are along the lines of " well you should have ...." or " we would have ...." It's very easy to say what we would do in any given situation when we are looking at it from afar , it's another story to actually think clearly in any given situation and do things .

It's kinda like when someone is an ass and after they walk away you think of some really smart ass thing to say and wish you'd thought of it five mins ago Hindsight ( as they say )

We think sometimes this attitude scares some people away from posting their situations because when the responses they get make it sound like everyone around them would have done the RIGHT thing then the only answer is " I must be an idiot because I didn't do that ".It's hard enough to express yourself clearly online and remember to include every detail ( because god forbid you leave anything out that might affect the end result ),but when you are faced with the types of responses we often see,it makes it just that much harder .

We think in the end the best advice and responses often come from those who can say " yes we've been in the situation but do we think it's important to stop and think ...Do you REALLY KNOW what you would do in that situation? Or do you just know what you HOPE to do ?

People say that the forum is getting boring ,this is just a topic to try make it more interesting .Have FUN and happy fabbing xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"We sometimes find here in reading threads people say what they would do in a situation.

Every day it seems someone posts about something that happens to them and our responses are along the lines of " well you should have ...." or " we would have ...." It's very easy to say what we would do in any given situation when we are looking at it from afar , it's another story to actually think clearly in any given situation and do things .

It's kinda like when someone is an ass and after they walk away you think of some really smart ass thing to say and wish you'd thought of it five mins ago Hindsight ( as they say )

We think sometimes this attitude scares some people away from posting their situations because when the responses they get make it sound like everyone around them would have done the RIGHT thing then the only answer is " I must be an idiot because I didn't do that ".It's hard enough to express yourself clearly online and remember to include every detail ( because god forbid you leave anything out that might affect the end result ),but when you are faced with the types of responses we often see,it makes it just that much harder .

We think in the end the best advice and responses often come from those who can say " yes we've been in the situation but do we think it's important to stop and think ...Do you REALLY KNOW what you would do in that situation? Or do you just know what you HOPE to do ?

People say that the forum is getting boring ,this is just a topic to try make it more interesting .Have FUN and happy fabbing xx

"

well said more often or not its the negative comments and belittling of the op that comes in first then people wait to see which way the conversation is going then jumps in with their agreeing comments even if it has no bearing with what the op is saying

By *shoreMan
over a year ago

cork

Well said ....i take my hat off to you.....your someone that understands life.....seen a thing or two id imagne...well said

By *irl4girlsWoman
over a year ago

Celbridge

"We sometimes find here in reading threads people say what they would do in a situation.

"

over a year ago

I agree you you 100%. My take on the forum is that while there are some very nice people on here capable of giving genuine and sincere advice there are an equal amount of trolls who seem to relish in belittling and ridiculing someone. The person posting might have a genuine grief or be looking for some help as they may not be as experienced on here as others. It can be hard enough putting oneself out there without fuckwits like these trolls putting them down. Having fun is great but at someone else's expense ?......... grow up is my attitude.

over a year ago

To me the forum is just an absolute piss take. How could you possibly take anything seriously on it? Of course we all have different views and ways of doing things but come on.. the stuff talked about here can be so stupid all you can do is laugh. This is not the place to take yourself seriously and to care of others opinions of you. Just getting yourself and have a laugh. Works for me anyway

over a year ago

"To me the forum is just an absolute piss take. How could you possibly take anything seriously on it? Of course we all have different views and ways of doing things but come on.. the stuff talked about here can be so stupid all you can do is laugh. This is not the place to take yourself seriously and to care of others opinions of you. Just getting yourself and have a laugh. Works for me anyway "

What you must understand is that some people have zero lives you see

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Fully agree with all the above. Particularly where someone is asking for advice or help with a scenario/problem.

Whenever it's a general discussion topic, then I do think that leeway in the discussion is warranted and, we are Irish, so a little humour doesn't hurt, if it's not offensive.

Be careful if standing up for a particular side of an argument though, as I've been blocked by other members who disagreed with my defence of an OP on a topic that they were getting abuse for.

Anyway, hoping that others read your post and take it in the spirit of the forums (as they should be)

over a year ago

"To me the forum is just an absolute piss take. How could you possibly take anything seriously on it? Of course we all have different views and ways of doing things but come on.. the stuff talked about here can be so stupid all you can do is laugh. This is not the place to take yourself seriously and to care of others opinions of you. Just getting yourself and have a laugh. Works for me anyway

What you must understand is that some people have zero lives you see"

And it's way too easy to wind some people up. And others get offended if you've an opinion different to theirs and they're unable to change you mind.

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"To me the forum is just an absolute piss take. How could you possibly take anything seriously on it? Of course we all have different views and ways of doing things but come on.. the stuff talked about here can be so stupid all you can do is laugh. This is not the place to take yourself seriously and to care of others opinions of you. Just getting yourself and have a laugh. Works for me anyway

What you must understand is that some people have zero lives you see"

now now! be nice you! dont be putting your hand out to be slapped when youre here as regularly as most of us zero lifers

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

And it's way too easy to wind some people up. And others get offended if you've an opinion different to theirs and they're unable to change you mind. "

Yes but it's the freedom to exchange views and experiences that matter. That I'll defend strongly, whether you believe it's a piss take or not. I trust most people are genuine, with genuine questions/experience/advice and of course, some funny stuff. It's all good but I also take it all with a pinch of salt and will happily lecture anyone who worries about what others think of them, on forums or in life.

over a year ago

And it's way too easy to wind some people up. And others get offended if you've an opinion different to theirs and they're unable to change you mind. "

I think part of if not most of the problem on the forum is that there are a few people who seek to do nothing other than wind others up. I am a sarcastic fucker on a good day and love taking the piss ..... anyone who knows me would say that I am quite self deprecating and certainly don't take myself seriously (with a face like mine I can't very well afford to ffs).

As with anything there is a time and a place - and what one may find funny another might not.

over a year ago

But I get bored and love to troll because people are stupid

over a year ago

"But I get bored and love to troll because people are stupid "

Haha

over a year ago

Never a truer word spoken on here

over a year ago

And it's way too easy to wind some people up. And others get offended if you've an opinion different to theirs and they're unable to change you mind.

I think part of if not most of the problem on the forum is that there are a few people who seek to do nothing other than wind others up. I am a sarcastic fucker on a good day and love taking the piss ..... anyone who knows me would say that I am quite self deprecating and certainly don't take myself seriously (with a face like mine I can't very well afford to ffs).

As with anything there is a time and a place - and what one may find funny another might not.

"

Ya know I'm going take that as a piss take I find it funny and that's all that matters

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

But ye can never argue with stupid people! they usually drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

By *igerclaws OP   Couple
over a year ago

cork

Considering most of the comments posted already on this thread .Some of which have been very constructive and others which have been ??

Conversations with people on the forums can sometimes get emotional.Even if your intentions are good ,you might be in danger of hurting someones feelings .

We sometimes feel the best way to be sensitive to other people's feelings is to listen carefully to what they have to say,and to speak kindly .

We feel it is important to learn ways to respect other people's feelings and situations as well as your own.It's just like looking in a mirror .xx

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

I like to have a mixture of serious and also do some serious piss taking

But what I really find funny is when a guy puts up a thread looking for help and advice about his profile and getting meets.

The same few guys always jump in with the same post's everytime.

They basically say "look at me, I get lots of meets" and "I bet you wish you could be me".

It's there chance to boast and think people don't realise it.

People have started putting up threads to take the piss out of these guys and they're not smart enough to see that.

I find that hilarious

over a year ago

"

I couldn't agree anymore with you OP , you have your finger on the pulse......I rarely comment on the threads in fear of ripped apart & almost perfer to stay to the safer topics i.e. "Good morning threads" least chance of being ridiculed or ripped apart. When I first signed up to Fab I sincerely thought it was a place where like minded people could come together, share their views without the !!! .....dare I say the bitchy ,condescending views an open discussion where it is openly debated without taking direct swipes or personal comments about people who choose to participate. Everyone's opinions varies & I will confess it takes great courage for individuals(I usually take a deep breath count to ten then press send) ........ before I or I'm sure others put forward their comments & opinions ....(I'm ducking now in fear of being lambasted for my for my opinion & comment)

Great thread .... thank you

By *eanontiWoman
over a year ago

Limerick

"I like to have a mixture of serious and also do some serious piss taking

But what I really find funny is when a guy puts up a thread looking for help and advice about his profile and getting meets.

They basically say "look at me, I get lots of meets" and "I bet you wish you could be me".

People have started putting up threads to take the piss out of these guys and they're not smart enough to see that.

I find that hilarious "

And you NEVER boast of course

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

I find that hilarious

And you NEVER boast of course "

Not like that

By *eanontiWoman
over a year ago

Limerick

I find that hilarious

Not like that "

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

I find that hilarious

Not like that

"

And your just trying to take the piss outa me now

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I couldn't agree anymore with you OP , you have your finger on the pulse......I rarely comment on the threads in fear of ripped apart & almost perfer to stay to the safer topics i.e. "Good morning threads" least chance of being ridiculed or ripped apart. When I first signed up to Fab I sincerely thought it was a place where like minded people could come together, share their views without the !!! .....dare I say the bitchy ,condescending views an open discussion where it is openly debated without taking direct swipes or personal comments about people who choose to participate. Everyone's opinions varies & I will confess it takes great courage for individuals(I usually take a deep breath count to ten then press send) ........ before I or I'm sure others put forward their comments & opinions ....(I'm ducking now in fear of being lambasted for my for my opinion & comment)

Great thread .... thank you "

Don't fear it MuchAdo. State your opinion. It's yours and you deserve to express it as much as anyone.

I understand where you're coming from though.

Regardless, the more like minded of us that use and champion the forums, the more it gets to be the place we want it to be.

Good comments you made and I hope others take note

over a year ago

Don't fear it MuchAdo. State your opinion. It's yours and you deserve to express it as much as anyone.

Regardless, the more like minded of us that use and champion the forums, the more it gets to be the place we want it to be.

Good comments you made and I hope others take note "

Thank you I really appreciate your comment & acknowledgement

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Thank you I really appreciate your comment & acknowledgement "

I would have just winked your comment but we can't do that.

Always great to have a voice of a great Fabber on forums and PS sorry if I Fab you and Madam B's pics too much

over a year ago

Great post op

over a year ago

Short version anyone?

over a year ago

"Short version anyone?"

Be nice....

over a year ago

"Short version anyone?

Be nice...."

I am! seriously. I'm asking for clarification on what's being suggested.

over a year ago

"Short version anyone?

Be nice....

I am! seriously. I'm asking for clarification on what's being suggested."

Being nice lol

over a year ago

"Short version anyone?

Be nice....

I am! seriously. I'm asking for clarification on what's being suggested."

As Carey said be nice...

Don't be bitchey or don't be upset by other people's opinions, don't bully or troll and leave any grudges you have with anyone out of the public forum.....

It's nice really...

In a perfect world...

Endearing almost...

over a year ago

Thank you I really appreciate your comment & acknowledgement

I would have just winked your comment but we can't do that.

Always great to have a voice of a great Fabber on forums and PS sorry if I Fab you and Madam B's pics too much "

Fab away John

Myself and Miss K have had many a discussion about the forum's as our approach is very different but these discussions have been a great reminder to take it easy....no idea what the person is experiencing when they post. There have been some amazing, educational, interesting and dare I say even borderline bonding moment's on the forum's and those I have truly enjoyed being part of. I don't shy away from a difference of opinion or debate nor do I take it personally. I view the forum's as an ice cream parlor....we are not all going to order the same thing and their are a few suffering from brain freeze!!!

We are all here doing the same thing in a variety of way's and how we conduct ourselves is a reflection of what we are going through, what are core values are, how influenced we are as a direct result of our life experiences basically at the end of the day it's just our individual personal opinions. How we package that parcel makes a difference and can cause mayhem but it's just an opinion.

Great post op and nice to see the forum's coming back to life a little.

over a year ago

I love the brain freeze line!

over a year ago

"Short version anyone?

Be nice...."

Agreed... Prime example of snide behaviour

By *atdieonMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Fair Play. I have to agree with OP . One the main reasons I rarely contribute to forum posts is the snide and cutting remarks that have been made to some comments I've made on previous threads. A lot of these remarks have come from other guys trying to be the smart ass hoping to impress the ladies on here. I find the forum can sometimes be like a closed shop or clique where established guys feel threatened by newer guys . They tend to jump on posts trying to discredit the contributor or take the piss out of them hoping by doing so the ladies pass the new guys by. Anyway as I said fair play OP thanks for highlighting the issue . P.S we are all here for a laugh and hopefully meet new people . Live and let live

over a year ago

We all have different opinions and thats only good! And sure you can always say what you think you would do in certain situation when someone asks advice.. but true is you never know how you react when its happens with you..And lots who was in that situations will never step up and say it.

But about forums.. I love seing how some people take all too serious and some will not let it go and will dig all until there starts fight even when it was meant to be joke..

On forums you can see diferent type of people.. serious ones, peace keepers, nutters, randomers, silly ones,detectives, total idiots and some mental ones... But in the end its makes this forum more fun!

People shouldn't be scared coment on forums.. just be read meet all type of people here

Happy fabbing

over a year ago

I never really got the clique vibe here. I could just to be too dim to notice though.

As for the forums, they'd be fairly boring if every thread was a "Good morning/afternoon/evening" type of thread. You learn a lot more about what people are really like the in the more serious ones which should only be viewed as a positive.

over a year ago

"Short version anyone?

Be nice....

Agreed... Prime example of snide behaviour "

There's too many people like this around for everyone to be nice to each other I'm afraid.

over a year ago

Just start with your own beg halibut and let the rest worry about theirs

over a year ago

Behaviour...

Post new Message to Thread