Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

No-shows and how you deal with them.

Jump to newest

By *iss Sadistic OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nowhere

I have a question. I havent met anyone from here in a long time, I mainly use fab for a bit of cam perving and to have a chat on the forums.

I recently had arranged to meet someone from here for a chat/social meet. We had been chatting on and off for nearly a year so it wasnt exactly spontaneous.

They didn't show up, they didn't text to cancel, and the last message I sent to them wasn't read. So I had a feeling the person wasnt gonna show anyway. It's not the first time the person didn't show up either.

Now being the way that I am, I didn't report the person as a no show, but part of me wonders if I should have.

In this situation would you report the person or just do what I did and let it go. Have other people gone down the route of reporting someone and if so did they get banned etc. I am simply curious about how other people here deal with these things.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There is an option on the persons profile to report them for not showing up but personally I wouldn't bother.

I would just block them and move on because they're not deserving of anymore of your time.

over a year ago

Chalk it down,move on.

over a year ago

Report. And I guess it tarnished the site a little more when another stand up happens.

over a year ago

Not advocating this by any means. ..but a friend of ours drove for an hour. ..no answer when she got there. .long story short. ..it wasn't his first time. ....he was verified. ..big long friends list...she messaged every one of them. ..just saying. ....

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/08/16 11:58:18]

over a year ago

Nowhere

Just to clarify, I did block and just moved on from it myself. But I wonder if people do more harm by not reporting people, like are they just allowing people to waste others time as well.

over a year ago

I don't bother. I just block them. But I've always wondered what actually happens to their account when they are reported as a no show. The one guy I did report deleted his account himself (and i know as he sent me a lovely kik message explaining what a whore I was)

over a year ago

"Just to clarify, I did block and just moved on from it myself. But I wonder if people do more harm by not reporting people, like are they just allowing people to waste others time as well."

Yes.

over a year ago

I would see it as an area that admin would be unlikely to get involved in, as allegations about behaviour offsite are one person's word against another's - and easily abused.

over a year ago

"I would see it as an area that admin would be unlikely to get involved in, as allegations about behaviour offsite are one person's word against another's - and easily abused."

But when they've had several reports about one person from different sources...

over a year ago

"I would see it as an area that admin would be unlikely to get involved in, as allegations about behaviour offsite are one person's word against another's - and easily abused.

But when they've had several reports about one person from different sources..."

Like, say, multiple accounts or a group of malicious shitstirrers?

over a year ago

I wouldn't report it but I would just rock on to the next one his loss !!!!

over a year ago

Haven't had any no shows as yet, but I would consider it their loss. Don't think I would report or block even, but would unfriend them. Lucky escape I'd say.. .and not worth wasting any further of my time or energy on

over a year ago

"Not advocating this by any means. ..but a friend of ours drove for an hour. ..no answer when she got there. .long story short. ..it wasn't his first time. ....he was verified. ..big long friends list...she messaged every one of them. ..just saying. .... "

Another reason to keep friends lists private.

over a year ago

"Not advocating this by any means. ..but a friend of ours drove for an hour. ..no answer when she got there. .long story short. ..it wasn't his first time. ....he was verified. ..big long friends list...she messaged every one of them. ..just saying. ....

Another reason to keep friends lists private. "

....only if you let people down. ...

over a year ago

"Not advocating this by any means. ..but a friend of ours drove for an hour. ..no answer when she got there. .long story short. ..it wasn't his first time. ....he was verified. ..big long friends list...she messaged every one of them. ..just saying. ....

Another reason to keep friends lists private. ....only if you let people down. ..."

Not what I meant. I meant to stop random people contacting friends.

over a year ago

Forgot to answer the OP. I gave a chance to someone who'd previously stood me up. When he did it the second time I reported him for it. I doubt he was sanctioned for it, but I don't really know for sure.

over a year ago

Another reason to keep friends lists private. ....only if you let people down. ...

Not what I meant. I meant to stop random people contacting friends. "

....ok....but I was talking about people who don't show for meets

over a year ago

Report No-Shows - their poor record will go against them in the long run.

over a year ago

Nowhere

Thanks for you opinions and messages guys. For me I just wanted to have a little better idea what other people do in the same situation. As it was just a social meet I feel kinda like it wold have been harsh to report them. At the same time, I would feel bad if someone else was stood up becuase I didn't feel like reporting it. And I wouldn't Wany to wreck anyone's else fab expierence etc.

over a year ago

if they don't show i just block them not going to waste my time again

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

I went to meet a lady 3 times no show but I still chat with her but not going to ask to meet again

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Have yet to have had a no show or didnt show up myself. If I couldnt make it for the arranged date I would send an email explaining why and thankfully others have done the same. Most of the time the meets have gone ahead at some stage or another.

Dont think its worth wasting your time reporting, there are plenty of others who wouldnt let you down.

By *eltic CplCouple
over a year ago

Kildare

"I have a question. I havent met anyone from here in a long time, I mainly use fab for a bit of cam perving and to have a chat on the forums.

I recently had arranged to meet someone from here for a chat/social meet. We had been chatting on and off for nearly a year so it wasnt exactly spontaneous.

They didn't show up, they didn't text to cancel, and the last message I sent to them wasn't read. So I had a feeling the person wasnt gonna show anyway. It's not the first time the person didn't show up either.

Now being the way that I am, I didn't report the person as a no show, but part of me wonders if I should have.

In this situation would you report the person or just do what I did and let it go. Have other people gone down the route of reporting someone and if so did they get banned etc. I am simply curious about how other people here deal with these things. "

We normally just stick a private note on the profile and the date, its brilliant when they come back again and you can tell them the reason and the date

over a year ago

Don't know how people do this.. if I arrange to meet somone I follow through.. any man with a set of balls would

By *lectraleeWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Has happened me. I just block them. Spineless single men that give the others a bad name. More recently a guy I've chatted to on here for months went to the loo not before ordering expensive drinks and never came back. Classy individual! I genuinely thought he'd become ill etc in the gents. More fool me. He'd stood me up before. Well verified too but when I spoke to his verifications they said he was a douche thus fuelling my lack of faith in veris!

over a year ago

Havent met a no show yet

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

How do they do that to a lady fuck me . I always treat a lady full stop . Had dinner n coffee n nice company . This is how u treat a lady not a no show running out on a meet . They should b banned from here .

over a year ago

"Haven't had any no shows as yet, but I would consider it their loss. Don't think I would report or block even, but would unfriend them. Lucky escape I'd say.. .and not worth wasting any further of my time or energy on"

I haven't had a no show either , but I agree his loss block and move on

over a year ago

"Has happened me. I just block them. Spineless single men that give the others a bad name. More recently a guy I've chatted to on here for months went to the loo not before ordering expensive drinks and never came back. Classy individual! I genuinely thought he'd become ill etc in the gents. More fool me. He'd stood me up before. Well verified too but when I spoke to his verifications they said he was a douche thus fuelling my lack of faith in veris!"

Would be interested to know who that jerk was. Pm me Electra

over a year ago

"I have a question. I havent met anyone from here in a long time, I mainly use fab for a bit of cam perving and to have a chat on the forums.

In this situation would you report the person or just do what I did and let it go. Have other people gone down the route of reporting someone and if so did they get banned etc. I am simply curious about how other people here deal with these things. "

Should of chose more wisely

over a year ago

"Has happened me. I just block them. Spineless single men that give the others a bad name. More recently a guy I've chatted to on here for months went to the loo not before ordering expensive drinks and never came back. Classy individual! I genuinely thought he'd become ill etc in the gents. More fool me. He'd stood me up before. Well verified too but when I spoke to his verifications they said he was a douche thus fuelling my lack of faith in veris!"

He stood you up before?

I don't think I would have given him another chance.

over a year ago

"Not advocating this by any means. ..but a friend of ours drove for an hour. ..no answer when she got there. .long story short. ..it wasn't his first time. ....he was verified. ..big long friends list...she messaged every one of them. ..just saying. .... "

I agree with this.

I wouldn't report - but I'd tell everyone I knew and they knew if it happened

over a year ago

"Has happened me. I just block them. Spineless single men that give the others a bad name. More recently a guy I've chatted to on here for months went to the loo not before ordering expensive drinks and never came back. Classy individual! I genuinely thought he'd become ill etc in the gents. More fool me. He'd stood me up before. Well verified too but when I spoke to his verifications they said he was a douche thus fuelling my lack of faith in veris!

He stood you up before?

I don't think I would have given him another chance. "

I agree Pen. Not in a million years would they get another chance

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

I agree with this.

I wouldn't report - but I'd tell everyone I knew and they knew if it happened"

I think that would be the curse of death for him if it did get around and rightly so...

over a year ago

I agree with this.

I wouldn't report - but I'd tell everyone I knew and they knew if it happened"

playing devil's advocate..

if a guy turn down a women on here. she gets the hump, then messages all telling them he stood her up..

don't you think you need some proof? like screenshot messages..

over a year ago

Nowhere

Well I have proof of the messages if anyone were to question my tell g the truth on this. I don't wa t to name a shame, that wasn't the purpose of this post. I don't wish him any kind of badness to be honest, I hope he enjoys fab.

I just wanted to know if people generally use the report feature for this kind of issue or if they just leave it.

over a year ago

I agree with this.

if a guy turn down a women on here. she gets the hump, then messages all telling them he stood her up..

don't you think you need some proof? like screenshot messages.. "

You don't really get messages with a no show. They just don't show.

I think if it happened to me - people I know know me well enough to believe what I tell them. I can't speak for what others are like tho.

over a year ago

I agree with this.

don't you think you need some proof? like screenshot messages.. "

.....oh she did it in private. ...didn't put up a thread about it. ....

over a year ago

I agree with this.

don't you think you need some proof? like screenshot messages.. .....oh she did it in private. ...didn't put up a thread about it. ...."

Me? - No not me. I've not had a no show - yet

over a year ago

Just block and move on unless it's a decent excuse

over a year ago

I agree with this.

I think if it happened to me - people I know know me well enough to believe what I tell them. I can't speak for what others are like tho."

to arrange a meet, you got to message back and forth..

over a year ago

It's happened too me, was too meet a guy, after long time texting and skyping, when time came he never showed up, he wanted me too meet in city hotel, but i said that i couldnt, luckily i didnt go, coz now i know he was a messer or timewaster, just blocked him

over a year ago

I agree with this.

I think if it happened to me - people I know know me well enough to believe what I tell them. I can't speak for what others are like tho.

"

.....but why would she need proof?... she didn't report. ...she took care of business quietly. .

over a year ago

I agree with this.

.....but why would she need proof?... she didn't report. ...she took care of business quietly. ."

wasn't on bout your friend, just this site in general..

By *ike 50Man
over a year ago

North Cork

Its just bad manners not to show up.

It shames all males on this site when it happens...

over a year ago

I agree with this.

"

To arrange a meet you have to. But when they don't show, they hardly send a message so theres no proof

over a year ago

I agree with this.

.....but why would she need proof?... she didn't report. ...she took care of business quietly. .

wasn't on bout your friend, just this site in general.."

.....in fairness..lately people don't fall for that stuff on here any more. If someone puts up a thread about no showd or abuse...They usually get treated with some skepticism until they can prove what they say is true.

over a year ago

"Its just bad manners not to show up.

"

no show is not restricted to one gender.

it only shames the people that don't show.

over a year ago

"

"

No it doesnt,folk are mature enough not to tar all males with the same brush because of the idiocy of others.

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

I had a no show few weeks ago. He messaged me right up to the last saying he was on way. I decided to report him cos felt he was just playing games and didn't want it to happen to other women.

By *lectraleeWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Yolo could you send me a pm.

over a year ago

"Its just bad manners not to show up.

no show is not restricted to one gender.

it only shames the people that don't show.

"

over a year ago

"It's happened too me, was too meet a guy, after long time texting and skyping, when time came he never showed up, he wanted me too meet in city hotel, but i said that i couldnt, luckily i didnt go, coz now i know he was a messer or timewaster, just blocked him "

So you were both no shows? How did either of you know the other didn't turn up?

By *ecretgamesMan
over a year ago

the moon

My own way is simple!!!

I have a major coffee fetish so first meet is always in a coffee shop that way if a no show I settle down for an exotic coffee and enjoy the fact that it's their loss.

Last no show I had was after driving from Wexford to Limerick and man the coffee was amazing so to be honest I didn't care that they never turned up

By *aster of SeductionMan
over a year ago

Belfast

From reading your profile its their loss i would jump at the opportunity to meet you x

over a year ago

Nowhere

As I said, I was just giving some context as to why I was asking the question. Not looking to name and shame anyone or use the post for any other reason, I just wanted to see how others deal with this. Whether they just block or block and report.

As I also said it was a social meet, and we had been talking off the site for 7 or 8 months though we originally met here.

I don't want this thread to decend into arguments.

Mostly I wanted to know if by ignoring this kind of behaviour it had a knock on effect on tiers fab expierence. Like if loads of people don't report someone.

Post new Message to Thread