Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Men and motors

Jump to newest

By *aughtyTippcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Nearby

Is it common or is it just happening to me?

Niall recently bought himself a new car, all I heard for weeks was facts on engines, etc.

Now its my turn to get a new car, I ask for advice (I know nothing about them) I ask what car would suit for me and the amount of driving I do.

All of a sudden he knows nothing . I'm left scouring through cars trying to find something suitable

Tina

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you do a lot of motorway driving? Do you need a saloon to carry more than yourself around?

If you answer no to both, something like a VW Polo or Ford Fiesta will do the trick, a city car for the weekly shopping

over a year ago

Yara go on outa dat git a yaris der great

over a year ago

"Yara go on outa dat git a yaris der great"
......nooooo...yaris drivers are the ones doing 30mph on the main road, with a mile long queue of traffic behind them.....

over a year ago

"Is it common or is it just happening to me?

Niall recently bought himself a new car, all I heard for weeks was facts on engines, etc.

Now its my turn to get a new car, I ask for advice (I know nothing about them) I ask what car would suit for me and the amount of driving I do.

All of a sudden he knows nothing . I'm left scouring through cars trying to find something suitable

Tina "

You mean he didn't get you one at the same time even though you listened to him gabbing on for weeks?! Hmphh!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

If you're an 8 or above get a Mini Cooper

If you're not then don't. Some rules are sacrosanct

By *llie and ApplesCouple
over a year ago

where ever

"If you're an 8 or above get a Mini Cooper

If you're not then don't. Some rules are sacrosanct "

Lol....enjoyed that

Ollie

By *arry and AnnCouple
over a year ago

Louth

I thought this was about the channel

over a year ago

"If you're an 8 or above get a Mini Cooper

If you're not then don't. Some rules are sacrosanct "

.....mini Cooper's are so last year...

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Nice roadster flashy lines and an engine that purrs at 120k on the motorway if u can get a drop top all the better

Bet u nial pays attention then

over a year ago

Nearby

He got himself his beloved Audi A4

I'm driving a 7 seated at the moment but I want something smaller but not too small.

I'm looking at Opel Astra's, or a Skoda superb. I do a lot of motorway driving and driving in general taking the kids here there and everywhere

So I want something reliable but that isn't gonna cost me a fortune

over a year ago

"He got himself his beloved Audi A4

I'm driving a 7 seated at the moment but I want something smaller but not too small.

I'm looking at Opel Astra's, or a Skoda superb. I do a lot of motorway driving and driving in general taking the kids here there and everywhere

So I want something reliable but that isn't gonna cost me a fortune "

VW golf is your only man

over a year ago

VW golf is your only man

"

Sorry missed the cost bit

Try the Hyundai 131 or slightly bigger 141 good price & easy on juice

We use them as fleet cars in work

By *irty MurtyMan
over a year ago

my place

So I want something reliable but that isn't gonna cost me a fortune "

AH the Audi A4 the new wanker mobile driven by former BMW owners

Id avoid astra's and go for a focus

over a year ago

It all depends. As you said you do a lot of motorway so something diesel is the way to go for economy. I have 2 kids and drive a passat. It's the perfect size. Had a mondeo before that. A little bigger than the passat but perfect again for what I needed.

How many kids have you? In a former life I was involved in car sales so ask away any questions you might have!

over a year ago

Good old VW Golf

over a year ago

AH the Audi A4 the new wanker mobile driven by former BMW owners

Id avoid astra's and go for a focus"

Only people who say that are people who can't afford an A4, just saying

over a year ago

Nearby

"It all depends. As you said you do a lot of motorway so something diesel is the way to go for economy. I have 2 kids and drive a passat. It's the perfect size. Had a mondeo before that. A little bigger than the passat but perfect again for what I needed.

How many kids have you? In a former life I was involved in car sales so ask away any questions you might have!"

I have 4 kids that constantly want to be driven somewhere

I'm just looking for a car best suited to me that won't cost me too much to run. Got to be a diesel though

By *verready32Man
over a year ago

omagh

A Car should match it Owner so something thats cury, has plenty of sex appeal and has good headlights

over a year ago

Nearby

"A Car should match it Owner so something thats cury, has plenty of sex appeal and has good headlights "

By *arcipanMan
over a year ago

Laois

Skoda Superb it's good car.Have been testing them a lot recently. Loads of room, comfy etc. And two free umbrellas come with car too lol

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

"

Id avoid astra's and go for a focus"

Id definitely avoid focus. Know too many that drive them and too many issues.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Skoda Superb it's good car.Have been testing them a lot recently. Loads of room, comfy etc. And two free umbrellas come with car too lol "

What are the umbrellas for

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

"Skoda Superb it's good car.Have been testing them a lot recently. Loads of room, comfy etc. And two free umbrellas come with car too lol

What are the umbrellas for "

The walk home after..

over a year ago

"It all depends. As you said you do a lot of motorway so something diesel is the way to go for economy. I have 2 kids and drive a passat. It's the perfect size. Had a mondeo before that. A little bigger than the passat but perfect again for what I needed.

How many kids have you? In a former life I was involved in car sales so ask away any questions you might have!

I have 4 kids that constantly want to be driven somewhere

I'm just looking for a car best suited to me that won't cost me too much to run. Got to be a diesel though"

If the 4 are in the car at the same time ure probably better off with the 7 seater. In saying that in my 08 mondeo i had one of mine had to stretch to hit the other lad across the back seat!! A fine big bus.

Post new Message to Thread