Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Food...

Jump to newest

By *usky Couple01 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Why do certain foods taste nicer the next day when they are reheated, I've just had reheated chillie con carne and was way better then last night

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good question ,this one for the (Cow punchers )people that studied food science at college. I agree, when I make a stew its always tastes better the next day.

over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Ohhhh reheated stew through next day is unreal !! I'm thinking is this an Irish thing??

over a year ago

Maybe it is , I lived with lads years ago in college and when we'd come home late at night after a fill,they would stash there half eaten pizzas in the cupboards chips and all. Get up in the morning ,throw on a tub of curry sauce, heat it up in the grill and scoff the lot for breakfast with a mug of milk. Straight to the pub then and read the card.

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

I think its because stews and chilli thickens overnight and herbs and spices release the full flavour.ive often eaten pizza the next morning from the delivery box .... get in me belly

over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Us Irish have weird food tendencies xx

over a year ago

Flavours get a time to infuse better! My guess probably not far off but in the case of pizza hard to say but no next morning pizza can beat a cheesey american style pizza with the cheese falling of the side just out of the oven taste

... Hungry now

over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

That explains is all in one so the infusions of the spices and other ingredients xx

over a year ago

"I think its because stews and chilli thickens overnight and herbs and spices release the full flavour.ive often eaten pizza the next morning from the delivery box .... get in me belly "

This. Anything sauce based (some currys also) that you make with herbs and spices will taste fantastic the next day. good idea to make the night before and then just gently reheat and add cous cous, noodles, rice etc

over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

I love some foods reheated next day, stews,spag bol, shepherds pie

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

If that's the case then why does bacon and cabbage taste better or for that any roast meat the next day

over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

OMG can't beat the auld bacon sambo's or at Christmas turkey sambos

By *ean0001Man
over a year ago

Dublin West

You lot making me hungry now...

over a year ago

Im bloidy starving after reading that. And of course because ive a hangover i want a wee bit of everything!

over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

I'm fecking starving again I'm cooking supper now

By *ilg41Man
over a year ago

schticks

Technically - The answer is in the herbs and spices having time to react with the dish.

Infusing it with more flavour.

Try making some pepper sauce using some cracked black pepper - put it in a container and let it sit for 2 days. Now take it out and make some more and taste test.

The 2 day old pepper sauce will blow your face off - the one just made will be as mild as you made it.

Thats my serious hat off for the day now!

Post new Message to Thread