Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Bad Sex

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Could you be in a relationship with someone if the sex was bad?

If everything about that person was perfect and you wanted to spend the rest of your days with them...

Would you be able to sacrifice good sex for that kind of happiness?

Or would it be a deal breaker for you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Could you be in a relationship with someone if the sex was bad?

If everything about that person was perfect and you wanted to spend the rest of your days with them...

Or would it be a deal breaker for you?"

no excuse for anyone to be bad at sex!

over a year ago

I think if everything was grand then id make it work..

Takes two to have sex, maybe try new things

over a year ago

How could everything about them be perfect yet the sex be crap - that doesn't add up at all.

over a year ago

I'm a good teacher, I can break any man/woman in. I believe that lots and lots of practice makes perfect, a good spanking with a firm hand does no harm if they don't hit the right spot,pretty soon you'll have the perfect lover.

over a year ago

"How could everything about them be perfect yet the sex be crap - that doesn't add up at all."

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

over a year ago

"How could everything about them be perfect yet the sex be crap - that doesn't add up at all.

Why doesn't it?

It can happen "

Bad sex can be improved by honest communication and trust - without those the relationship is far from good in the first place.

over a year ago

"How could everything about them be perfect yet the sex be crap - that doesn't add up at all.

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

Bad sex can be improved by honest communication and trust - without those the relationship is far from good in the first place."

You're jumping to the wrong assumptions straight away but that's ok because I wasn't asking why the sex was bad in this situation .

And in this situation the sex can't be improved. It will most likely always be bad. For various reasons.

So my original question of is it a deal breaker still remains.

over a year ago

Personally I don't think I would be truly satisfied with the relationship if it was "bad sex". I can understand how sex can become boring if you don't put in the effort. However I couldn't endure bad sex for the sake of a seemingly perfect relationship. Sex is that important to me.

I went out with a guy once who when drinking quite often couldn't get it up. Frustrated the complete life out of me. As lovely a guy and as good a catch as he is.... I kinda feel sorry for his new gf.

over a year ago

"I'm a good teacher, I can break any man/woman in. I believe that lots and lots of practice makes perfect, a good spanking with a firm hand does no harm if they don't hit the right spot,pretty soon you'll have the perfect lover. "

Thats not an answer to the question in fairness.

over a year ago

"I'm a good teacher, I can break any man/woman in. I believe that lots and lots of practice makes perfect, a good spanking with a firm hand does no harm if they don't hit the right spot,pretty soon you'll have the perfect lover. "

Aren't you great

But again, I didn't ask how to improve the sex life in this situation so you've not answered my question at all.

Thanks for your input.

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

Bad sex can be improved by honest communication and trust - without those the relationship is far from good in the first place.

You're jumping to the wrong assumptions straight away but that's ok because I wasn't asking why the sex was bad in this situation .

And in this situation the sex can't be improved. It will most likely always be bad. For various reasons.

So my original question of is it a deal breaker still remains. "

Then I wouldn't have gotten into the relationship in the first place. Crap sex isn't better than no sex.

However, if you're talking about a long-term relationship where the sex was once great and something has happened e.g. physical injury or illness, then it's a different matter. Sometimes problems can be overcome or adjustments made - a loss of physical capacity in some sense (not necessarily sexual) happens to most as part of the natural course of life - with love, understanding, patience and goodwill on both sides, a compromise can often be reached. It depends on what you mean by "bad sex".

over a year ago

I guess that's why some couples are on here.

over a year ago

"I guess that's why some couples are on here. "

So they can have bad sex with other people?

By *oughandCurvyCouple
over a year ago

galway

It would be a deal breaker for sure. How many people cheat on their spouse because they feel they aren't getting what they need sexually or they feel their partner wont understand or accept their kinks or prefrences etc? You hear of it all the time.

Frankly you can only suppress you're sexual needs for so long before they come back with a vengeance and by then it will be too late as you will already be invested!

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

So my original question of is it a deal breaker still remains. "

It's not a choice between the 2 in the real world. Things can be improved if you both want. If you DON'T both want, then you have bigger problems, and the lack of good sex is probably a symptom of that. Noone is born great at sex, everyone has to work at it a bit. Educate them. It takes 2 people to have shit sex.

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

It's not a choice between the 2 in the real world. Things can be improved if you both want. If you DON'T both want, then you have bigger problems, and the lack of good sex is probably a symptom of that. Noone is born great at sex, everyone has to work at it a bit. Educate them. It takes 2 people to have shit sex.

"

Exactly my point. Shit sex (unless there is a medical or psychological issue) is a reflection of problems in the relationship in the first place.

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Not sure but for what it's worth if their is no hope of a improvement it will be very difficult to keep the relationship going....if the person in question is you or is on the site then sex is very important to them and not something that can be put aside no matter how perfect in other ways....

over a year ago

My last relationship ended pretty much for this reason. Lovely girl. Smart, and caring, but was so rigid during sex. Always seemed jumpy and it hurt for her alot of the time. The relationship last five months. And for me the poor sex was an absolute deal breaker

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

"

She just said it can't be improved. It doesn't indicate bigger problems.

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

Exactly my point. Shit sex (unless there is a medical or psychological issue) is a reflection of problems in the relationship in the first place."

I'm guessing from the update by the op there are no problems in the relationship.

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

Exactly my point. Shit sex (unless there is a medical or psychological issue) is a reflection of problems in the relationship in the first place.

I'm guessing from the update by the op there are no problems in the relationship. "

If there were no problems, why would there be a problem? Simply doesn't add up.

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

I'm guessing from the update by the op there are no problems in the relationship.

If there were no problems, why would there be a problem? Simply doesn't add up. "

I said no problems in the relationship. Maybe there is a medical condition so ya it does add up.

over a year ago

Anyway, there's very little point OP in looking for generalised answers from strangers to what appears to be a specific problem of yours.

over a year ago

"Anyway, there's very little point OP in looking for generalised answers from strangers to what appears to be a specific problem of yours."

over a year ago

In my opinion, nearly everyone can have good sex. If your partner doesn't have the skills they can be tought. If there is a medical issue then it should be looked at.

If a partner would rather lose you than learn and make an effort, then there ARE bigger problems.

Note - I'd agree that this doesn't apply where there are medical issues at effecting sex. In this case they could genuinely be unable to give you what someone a great experience in bed.

over a year ago

"Anyway, there's very little point OP in looking for generalised answers from strangers to what appears to be a specific problem of yours."

What?

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

I'm guessing from the update by the op there are no problems in the relationship. "

Theres obviously something wrong in the relationship as one person isnt happy with their sex life.

I think it depends on the people involved and how much they want the relationship to work. I Think talking about the situation with your partner is the only way you can find a way forward one way or another.

Mrs B

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

If there were no problems, why would there be a problem? Simply doesn't add up.

I said no problems in the relationship. Maybe there is a medical condition so ya it does add up. "

If there is a physical issue with your partner then maybe medication or other treatment can help. If the issue is psychological then perhaps counselling. If your cock drops off then learn to be a master with your tongue and a wand. If it truly is totally impossible then talk with your partner and hopefully they will understand.

over a year ago

Glad to see you took my reply on the chin

over a year ago

Why doesn't it?

It can happen

Theres obviously something wrong in the relationship as one person isnt happy with their sex life.

I think it depends on the people involved and how much they want the relationship to work. I Think talking about the situation with your partner is the only way you can find a way forward one way or another.

Mrs B "

over a year ago

To answer your question (seems many can't), no I don't think I could sacrifice good sex. It would be a deal breaker for me x

over a year ago

"Anyway, there's very little point OP in looking for generalised answers from strangers to what appears to be a specific problem of yours.

Glad to see you took my reply on the chin "

I chose to ignore it as you seem to see sexual problems as entirely distinct from relationship problems.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/04/16 22:51:34]

over a year ago

"Anyway, there's very little point OP in looking for generalised answers from strangers to what appears to be a specific problem of yours.

I chose to ignore it as you seem to see sexual problems as entirely distinct from relationship problems."

You don't think they can be distinct? Even if it involves a medical condition?

over a year ago

I've already said that there is no chance of the sex improving. To clarify, there is a medical issue.

I am not looking for advice or to be told why the sex is bad in this situation.

But it seems people just want to do just that.

Thanks for your replies.

over a year ago

I chose to ignore it as you seem to see sexual problems as entirely distinct from relationship problems.

You don't think they can be distinct? Even if it involves a medical condition? "

Not if it's causing the other party to be dissatisfied - in the long term it can only cause other problems.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/04/16 22:57:08]

over a year ago

Or would it be a deal breaker for you?

To answer your question (seems many can't), no I don't think I could sacrifice good sex. It would be a deal breaker for me x"

Thinknit would be a deal breaker for me too

over a year ago

"I've already said that there is no chance of the sex improving. To clarify, there is a medical issue.

Thanks for your replies."

it is you that can only answer the question. what might be right for other people,might not be right for you..

over a year ago

"I've already said that there is no chance of the sex improving. To clarify, there is a medical issue.

Thanks for your replies."

There are lots of if's. The answer for me is 'it depends'.

If I knew that my partner was unable to have sex because of an untreatable illness with no chance of recovery, then I would talk to them and ask them to understand that I am a sexual person and I need sex of some kind. If they knew me and loved me then I would hope they would allow me to get it elsewhere. If they didn't them over time I would probably cheat... and stay together. But at least I would know I had exhausted every other possibility first.

If my partner had 'a bit of a headache' all the time then I would leave them, as they clearly didn't care enough about my needs to try.

It depends. Life is grey not black and white.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I think there's a good amount of people on this site or on other sites exactly for that reason or because of complete lack of sex in the relationship. In my opinion the lack of sex, not enough sex or that one partner cannot give what the other seeks doesn't necessarily mean the relationship is not functioning. In an ideal world everyone would like the perfect partner and a great sex life. But we don't live on an ideal world. Depending on the arrangement with your partner (or without) swinging offers the opportunity to fill that gap and to live out your sexual cravings and to stay on in a otherwise functioning relationship.

By *herry blossem2Woman
over a year ago

louth

If it's a problem that can not be fixed. (As someone already mentioned medical)

Then me being a person that loves sex, I would talk to my partner and try come up with some arrangement that my needs could be catered for by me getting a guy to come around on a regular basis to meet my needs. Otherwise I think the relationship would just fizzle out.

over a year ago

There's nothing that Cant be teached

over a year ago

"There's nothing that Cant be teached"

I see you read the thread

I think she's getting the feedback she wanted in the lounge

By *oghunter33Woman