Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

greatest sporting achievement

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So Leicester city won again in the premier league and although its not won yet its looking v likely and for me having followed football the last 20 years along with other sports for me it probably will go down as best sporting achievement,I'd love it to be challenged by other peoples most memorable moments and to just rekindle moments in time forgotten.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *dam1995Man
over a year ago

mullingar

I think they still could be caught they still have to play west ham man utd everton and chelsea tough games for them

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Greece in 2004

Istanbul 2005

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

of the two front runners I hope Leicester win it just for the fairytale aspect of it.

Istanbul champion league final has to be one of the standout successes

over a year ago

Hope they win it, treble 99 was unreal, especially the second leg against juve, mcateer scoring against the Dutch was class as well...

By *-ManMan
over a year ago

Kark

So many

Frankie Dettori's Magnificent 7

Michael Schumacher's 7 drivers championships

Kilkenny's 11 All Irelands since 2000

Jack Nicklaus 18 Majors

Ronnie O'Sullivan's 13 competitive maximum breaks

Arsenal's Invincible season of 03/04

over a year ago

United's treble '99 for me.

Istanbul was great but games can flip like that.

But to sustain momentum over three competitions with suspensions, injuries... etc

Mind you I am biased

over a year ago

"Greece in 2004

Istanbul 2005"

Denmark in '92. They only got into the competition because Yugoslavia broke apart. Then the Danish go on to win it!

over a year ago

cork double 1990,

was there, lived the dream.

over a year ago

"Greece in 2004

Istanbul 2005"

Greece absolutely

Istanbul was a fix tho..... Half their team involved in match fixing the following season sure lol

over a year ago

Bob champion winning the grand national on aldaniti

Inspiring

over a year ago

Clare 1992 Munster final win over Kerry, my football manager was playing that day so special moment for me

over a year ago

Ginger Mc Loughlans try at Twickenham in 1982 against England, in which he single handedly dragged both packs (his own words) across the line to score the try and for Ireland to go on and win the match and the triple crown and championship for Ireland . I watched it live I was only a boy. The stuff of legend.

over a year ago

"So Leicester city won again in the premier league and although its not won yet its looking v likely and for me having followed football the last 20 years along with other sports for me it probably will go down as best sporting achievement,I'd love it to be challenged by other peoples most memorable moments and to just rekindle moments in time forgotten."

I think you need to go back and re-familiarise yourself with a certain club called nottingham forest...

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"So Leicester city won again in the premier league and although its not won yet its looking v likely and for me having followed football the last 20 years along with other sports for me it probably will go down as best sporting achievement,I'd love it to be challenged by other peoples most memorable moments and to just rekindle moments in time forgotten.

I think you need to go back and re-familiarise yourself with a certain club called nottingham forest..."

what have forest done in the past 20 years that the op should re-familiarise himself with ?

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/04/16 00:03:06]

over a year ago

"So Leicester city won again in the premier league and although its not won yet its looking v likely and for me having followed football the last 20 years along with other sports for me it probably will go down as best sporting achievement,I'd love it to be challenged by other peoples most memorable moments and to just rekindle moments in time forgotten.

I think you need to go back and re-familiarise yourself with a certain club called nottingham forest...

what have forest done in the past 20 years that the op should re-familiarise himself with ? "

Nothing. The op didnt restrict it to the last 20 years. He mentioned he has been following sport for 20 years and also that for him the greatest sporting achievement will be Leicesters, should they pull it off. He didnt say the greatest sporting achievement OF THE LAST 20 YEARS

over a year ago

what have forest done in the past 20 years that the op should re-familiarise himself with ? "

Perhaps you should also quote the others posters above me who also mentioned events which occurred more than 20 yrs ago?

By *rDarcy37Man
over a year ago

lucan

"Greece in 2004

Istanbul 2005"

Good shout, gets my vote

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Forrest coming up as the 3rd placed team in the old division 2 to winning the title to then winning 2 European cups would have been a great achievent if only sky had invented football before 92 nothing seems to count to those cunts before that.

over a year ago

First in Egg spoon race 1982

Second in sack race 1982

over a year ago

As a Spurs Fan

Doing the Double - Winning the FA Cup & League 1960/61 first team ever

&

First English team to win a European Trophy

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

what have forest done in the past 20 years that the op should re-familiarise himself with ?

Nothing. The op didnt restrict it to the last 20 years. He mentioned he has been following sport for 20 years and also that for him the greatest sporting achievement will be Leicesters, should they pull it off. He didnt say the greatest sporting achievement OF THE LAST 20 YEARS"

no you said that he should re-familiarise him self as if he was familiar with them before. so maybe if you just said the forest team of the late 70s had some great achievements that might have been a more apt reply to the op?

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"Forrest coming up as the 3rd placed team in the old division 2 to winning the title to then winning 2 European cups would have been a great achievent if only sky had invented football before 92 nothing seems to count to those cunts before that."

being a Liverpool fan I remember football long before 1992. there's lots of cunts that are almost hipster cunts with the " oh I was into it before it was cool" shite. unfortunately I was born in the late 70s so only really got into football in the early 80s. so lets not bash people who only got into it in 92 just because you liked it first.

over a year ago

Micheal dunlop winning the north west 200 250cc class in 2008. His father Robert died earlier in the weekend during practice for this very race. Very emotional ... But in my opinion definitely one of the greatest sporting moments.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

All a matter of opinion lads,let's not fall out let's revisit this in may when arsenal have won league lol.Common the Leicester!!!

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Leitrim winning the Connacht championship in 1994. Good times never to be repeated!

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"Forrest coming up as the 3rd placed team in the old division 2 to winning the title to then winning 2 European cups would have been a great achievent if only sky had invented football before 92 nothing seems to count to those cunts before that.

being a Liverpool fan I remember football long before 1992. there's lots of cunts that are almost hipster cunts with the " oh I was into it before it was cool" shite. unfortunately I was born in the late 70s so only really got into football in the early 80s. so lets not bash people who only got into it in 92 just because you liked it first. "

not bashing anyone except the presenters on sky, who I doubt give a fuck about my opinion

Post new Message to Thread