Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Michaela McCollum

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Did you agree with RTE interviewing her tonight?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Did you agree with RTE interviewing her tonight?"

Nope, drug mule should get no airtime, she knew dam well what she was doing, not surprised with rte tho

over a year ago

"Did you agree with RTE interviewing her tonight?

Nope, drug mule should get no airtime, she knew dam well what she was doing, not surprised with rte tho"

I think she has added some glamour to her crime....she has came out the other side looking a lot better than she went in... She also said something along the lines of personal growth from going to prison. Something that university's won't teach you. She said it as if she was saying her three years in Peru was more educational than University... Sort of glorifying it?

over a year ago

Nope, drug mule should get no airtime, she knew dam well what she was doing, not surprised with rte tho

I think she has added some glamour to her crime....she has came out the other side looking a lot better than she went in... She also said something along the lines of personal growth from going to prison. Something that university's won't teach you. She said it as if she was saying her three years in Peru was more educational than University... Sort of glorifying it? "

Media will big her up for her crime, expect to see her in celeb big brother next yr, fooking criminals end up better off than normal hard working folk in this country

over a year ago

I think she has added some glamour to her crime....she has came out the other side looking a lot better than she went in... She also said something along the lines of personal growth from going to prison. Something that university's won't teach you. She said it as if she was saying her three years in Peru was more educational than University... Sort of glorifying it?

Media will big her up for her crime, expect to see her in celeb big brother next yr, fooking criminals end up better off than normal hard working folk in this country"

Annoys me because I work hard and put in lots of preparation in the evenings for work

over a year ago

Media will big her up for her crime, expect to see her in celeb big brother next yr, fooking criminals end up better off than normal hard working folk in this country

Annoys me because I work hard and put in lots of preparation in the evenings for work "

Yep but unfortunately until the media stops glamorising criminals it shall never change, look at the likes of john gotti, George jung, Howard marks, the krays,the general, all celebrated for breaking the law, it'll never end, once it sells it'll be popular.

over a year ago

"

...Annoys me because I work hard and put in lots of preparation in the evenings for work "

Had she done the same, we would never have heard of her....

over a year ago

Maybe not but if she wanted to use my microphone I'd certainly let her

Yes. I've dug one large hole there.

I'll be back next year

over a year ago

Annoys me because I work hard and put in lots of preparation in the evenings for work

Yep but unfortunately until the media stops glamorising criminals it shall never change, look at the likes of john gotti, George jung, Howard marks, the krays,the general, all celebrated for breaking the law, it'll never end, once it sells it'll be popular. "

"The media" couldn't sell it if people weren't buying.

over a year ago

I'd fuck her.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Never mind the Krays or john giotti we have our very own home based celebrity criminals. It sells papers obviously. Seems to me the media knowingly feed it. Strokes their d up egos with headlines and escalates it all

I blame Paul Williams et al as much as crims for the irish gangland industry

over a year ago

"Never mind the Krays or john giotti we have our very own home based celebrity criminals. It sells papers obviously. Seems to me the media knowingly feed it. Strokes their d up egos with headlines and escalates it all

I blame Paul Williams et al as much as crims for the irish gangland industry"

it's Paul Williams jog to write articles as far as I know

over a year ago

"I'd fuck her. "

Likewise, not many crims come out after 3 years of hard time looking that much better!

Pathetic soft focus interview from the bit I watched

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Sure why not? Didnt Andy Warhol say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame?.Her "fame"isnt a popular subject though.She put herself in the spotlight by being a drug mule, but in her defence, id say it was reckless actions and stupidity from an immature 20 year old girl. I know if it was my daughter id go to the ends of the earth for her, no matter what the crime was and any of you that have children, i imagine you would do the same, regardless of shame or hurt.

The "hun bun " image had disappeared where a beautiful more mature girl answered questions in a thoughful manner.She used her time well in prison learning salon skills so she can hardly be knocked for putting her prison time to good use. I believe she made bad choices and believe she deeply regrets her actions.I'll say she's being glorified when Ryan Tubridy invites her on the Late Late Show. She has a story, theres no doubt about that, but its those that buy the story ,be it through a book or movie are gloryifying her.

Shes not out of the woods yet and has to remain in Peru while an expulsion order is sought.

I wish her well and hope she and her family move on from this.

over a year ago

Sure why not? Didnt Andy Warhol say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame?.Her "fame"isnt a popular subject though.She put herself in the spotlight by being a drug mule, but in her defence, id say it was reckless actions and stupidity from an immature 20 year old girl. I know if it was my daughter id go to the ends of the earth for her, no matter what the crime was and any of you that have children, i imagine you would do the same, regardless of shame or hurt.

The "hun bun " image had disappeared where a beautiful more mature girl answered questions in a thoughful manner.She used her time well in prison learning salon skills so she can hardly be knocked for putting her prison time to good use. I believe she made bad choices and believe she deeply regrets her actions.I'll say she's being glorified when Ryan Tubridy invites her on the Late Late Show. She has a story, theres no doubt about that, but its those that buy the story ,be it through a book or movie are gloryifying her.

Shes not out of the woods yet and has to remain in Peru while an expulsion order is sought.

"

over a year ago

Funny how nobody is complaining about the murderer interviewed on "Would you belive" last night.

over a year ago

*believe

By *herry blossem2Woman
over a year ago

louth

No she should have never been giving the chance to do that interview. Obviously there is people in the background backing her ie. solicitors, An Agent maybe, and of course family. She was only thirty six hours out of prison when the interview took place, this was planned well in advance and I wouldn't be surprised if the questions in the interview were screened by her backing team in advance.

shame on RTE for wasting TV license money on this rubbish. The would do a better service if they made a programme about the victims of drug users, like the elderly and the vulnerable who are releaved of their hard earned cash by these sneaky low life.

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Didn't see the point of it....just a silly young girl who got caught and payed for it...

over a year ago

Hope she's grown up and moves on with her life, she was nineteen and got caught up in the whole Ibiza lifestyle, probably thought she was invincible.

By *ig al100Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

"

if I was to have fifteen minutes of fame I'd prefer if it was doing something right, not something wrong like that, I've lost friends to drug deaths, if she makes money from infamy she should put most of it to helping addicts recover

over a year ago

I agree with Casey Lee nobody talking about the bomber on would you believe last night. Someone who has murdered getting airtime. Which is worse? A stupid drugs mule or a terrorist? Also why didn't they discuss during the interview the fact that she was ordered out of Belfast a year before she was caught?

over a year ago

Saw this article earlier...its a letter from the daughter of a drug-addicted parent to RTE

http://theliberal.ie/mccollum-interview-the-daughter-of-a-drug-addicted-parent-shares-hard-hitting-letter-to-rte/

Hope this isn't promoting a service or website

over a year ago

Did listen to the Belfast reporter on radio this morning she made the point that if it was Michael not Mikaela and if he was a scummy guerrier from Dublin who had done an interview with freshly dyed blonde hair and a white shirt he would have been laughed at.

She also said her ex boyfriend was jailed for importing drugs into the UK.

So ya. .....

By *onedbodMan
over a year ago

co Galway

[Removed by poster at 04/04/16 19:33:11]

By *onedbodMan
over a year ago

co Galway

"Should'nt show her time of day! Only regret she has is she was caught! "

over a year ago

If it was a man who was doing it do you think Rte would give them an interview.

Disgraceful really, typical of us Irish somebody getting famous for getting caught with in her suitcase

over a year ago

Everyone makes mistakes in life,if she is genuinely sorry and learned from her stupidity then why shouldn't she be given a chance to sort her life out?

over a year ago

"Everyone makes mistakes in life,if she is genuinely sorry and learned from her stupidity then why shouldn't she be given a chance to sort her life out?"

Why does that merit a tv interview? RTE isn't camped outside Mountjoy giving airtime to every new release.

over a year ago

Hopefully it might discourage some other stupit young person from doing the same thing

over a year ago

"Everyone makes mistakes in life,if she is genuinely sorry and learned from her stupidity then why shouldn't she be given a chance to sort her life out?

Why does that merit a tv interview? RTE isn't camped outside Mountjoy giving airtime to every new release."

And not every criminal will get a book and/or movie deal out of their crime

I thought there was a law saying you couldn't profit from your crime with movies or books?

over a year ago

The nature of the interview was terrible. She played the victim and pushed for sympathy.

over a year ago

I haven't read all the comments above but here I go. I'm dead against what she did, I fucking hate it. I'm not going to go into how I know the following. But from that young woman was a child she wouldn't of got the attention that a young girl would of liked of needed. Unfortunately she used her body or whatever else she could to be noticed. She was troubled, needed more love than what she was given. She was made a fool of, used by cunts. The best thing that happened her was getting caught because she would off been found dead. The bit I don't believe from her interview was that she phoned her mother every day. She was a year away. I've seen over the years how these drug dealers work. The look for a person with a weakness and play on it. The become ur friends, they give u a shoulder to cry on. They suck u in. And once they see that you trust them the make their move. I've seen lately Lorry drivers falling for this. These criminals would approach Lorry drivers with big mortgage and kids coming up to Xmas and after Xmas because they know that money is tight. They offer them a handy few pounds for a simple job. Money like £300-£2500 is offered for a once off package. Yes their fools for doing it but once these people get in once and handed the cash all the think of is I'll do it again for handy cash and go back asking for another run.

over a year ago

A well rehearsed interview , a drug mule at the end of the day , should have done a lot longer inside.

over a year ago

Put her back in !!@

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"I haven't read all the comments above but here I go. I'm dead against what she did, I fucking hate it. I'm not going to go into how I know the following. But from that young woman was a child she wouldn't of got the attention that a young girl would of liked of needed. Unfortunately she used her body or whatever else she could to be noticed. She was troubled, needed more love than what she was given. She was made a fool of, used by cunts. The best thing that happened her was getting caught because she would off been found dead. The bit I don't believe from her interview was that she phoned her mother every day. She was a year away. I've seen over the years how these drug dealers work. The look for a person with a weakness and play on it. The become ur friends, they give u a shoulder to cry on. They suck u in. And once they see that you trust them the make their move. I've seen lately Lorry drivers falling for this. These criminals would approach Lorry drivers with big mortgage and kids coming up to Xmas and after Xmas because they know that money is tight. They offer them a handy few pounds for a simple job. Money like £300-£2500 is offered for a once off package. Yes their fools for doing it but once these people get in once and handed the cash all the think of is I'll do it again for handy cash and go back asking for another run. "

Confirms what I had also heard. Sbe was always trouble long before the arrest. I did think it very unusual that after she was initially caught in Peru, the top criminal solicitor in N. Ireland flew out to see her. It wasn't consistent with her story at the time.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Has anyone asked where is the second girl both went down for the same crime

over a year ago

"Has anyone asked where is the second girl both went down for the same crime "

Still in prison apparently.

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Has anyone asked where is the second girl both went down for the same crime "

Still in prison in Peru but both are fighting separate legalities. Michaela will have to remain on parole in Peru under supervision for up to 6 years pending an expulsion order and Melissa Reid has applied for an expulsion order to serve her remaining sentence with the Scottish Prison Service to be near her family.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/04/16 11:41:25]

over a year ago

You'd think they'd be able to find a loophole to keep the at this stage.....considering that possession IS apparently nine tenths of the law.....(tongue in cheek)

Especially if she's already out.

Jesus she'd be executed in some eastern countries!

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Has anyone asked where is the second girl both went down for the same crime

Still in prison in Peru but both are fighting separate legalities. Michaela will have to remain on parole in Peru under supervision for up to 6 years pending an expulsion order and Melissa Reid has applied for an expulsion order to serve her remaining sentence with the Scottish Prison Service to be near her family. "

Why did melissa not get parole just thinking here it would appear there is a big machine behind Michaela. A NI production company out there to capture the interview and to market it on to interested bidders assuming other stations got the offer of airing it first. Definitely was a grooming service provided to her on her release both visual effect and questions that can be asked and how they are replied to. There's lots of questions around this they may not be able to pay her for the interview but expenses can be taken care of.

I think it was wrong of RTE to air it for the reason it glamorised her crime in a sence that look I did wrong I served my time and will continue to do so till I get an explosion order but hey look at me it aint all that bad look how well I came out of it. young people are impressionable and can do silly things to me this is compounding what she did wrong as if one young person looks at that and thinks hell if I get caught I'll end up like michaela she has destroyed another life

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Has anyone asked where is the second girl both went down for the same crime

Still in prison in Peru but both are fighting separate legalities. Michaela will have to remain on parole in Peru under supervision for up to 6 years pending an expulsion order and Melissa Reid has applied for an expulsion order to serve her remaining sentence with the Scottish Prison Service to be near her family.

Why did melissa not get parole just thinking here it would appear there is a big machine behind Michaela. A NI production company out there to capture the interview and to market it on to interested bidders assuming other stations got the offer of airing it first. Definitely was a grooming service provided to her on her release both visual effect and questions that can be asked and how they are replied to. There's lots of questions around this they may not be able to pay her for the interview but expenses can be taken care of.

I think it was wrong of RTE to air it for the reason it glamorised her crime in a sence that look I did wrong I served my time and will continue to do so till I get an explosion order but hey look at me it aint all that bad look how well I came out of it. young people are impressionable and can do silly things to me this is compounding what she did wrong as if one young person looks at that and thinks hell if I get caught I'll end up like michaela she has destroyed another life

"

Ive no idea why Cj, maybe their legal teams advised what was best for them. The huge attention on that girl Michaela will calm down. The case was huge at the time so like i said earlier, she became famous for the wrong reasons. Shes a very lucky lady cos if she'd flown east instead of west, she'd have been executed or beheaded for her crime. Hopefully some good will come of the infamous interview and stop young men and women getting caught up in a non stop party lifestyle. Im just glad their families are not mourning the deaths of these 2 young girls and theres a light at the end of the dark tunnel for them both.

By *ig al100Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

Strange the way on these posts if you disagree with someone's opinion you get blocked, I think that's hilarious

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

If that comment was aimed at me dear, i blocked you last week for that awful thread slating women. Move along now. Im sure you ll survive.

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

Her story does appear to somewhat stage managed. And the media does love an innocent abroad tale, particularly if photogenic.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Her story does appear to somewhat stage managed. And the media does love an innocent abroad tale, particularly if photogenic. "

Hmm.. Possibly even guilty abroad?

By *ig al100Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

"If that comment was aimed at me dear, i blocked you last week for that awful thread slating women. Move along now. Im sure you ll survive. "
probably survive even better lol

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

I think she's going to get paid for that drug run one way or another....sex tapes must not have the same value anymore...definitely being stage managed by someone...

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"If that comment was aimed at me dear, i blocked you last week for that awful thread slating women. Move along now. Im sure you ll survive. probably survive even better lol "

Good....we re all happy now

over a year ago

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone needs to grow when they do.

Do it privately, keep your head down (as in under the radar.lol) and move on.

Bad move by RTE and bad move for her if she serious about going straight.

It will be dragged up everywhere she goes now.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"I think she's going to get paid for that drug run one way or another....sex tapes must not have the same value anymore...definitely being stage managed by someone..."

Sex tapes where

By *ig al100Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

"If that comment was aimed at me dear, i blocked you last week for that awful thread slating women. Move along now. Im sure you ll survive. probably survive even better lol

Good....we re all happy now "

BTW I do respect women, men my friends my family and my elders, there's a certain mafia element on here that like to gang up, but I won't lose any sleep over it

over a year ago

"If that comment was aimed at me dear, i blocked you last week for that awful thread slating women. Move along now. Im sure you ll survive. probably survive even better lol

Good....we re all happy now BTW I do respect women, men my friends my family and my elders, there's a certain mafia element on here that like to gang up, but I won't lose any sleep over it "

Careful now al or you'll be waking up next to a horses head..

By *ig al100Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

Good....we re all happy now BTW I do respect women, men my friends my family and my elders, there's a certain mafia element on here that like to gang up, but I won't lose any sleep over it

Careful now al or you'll be waking up next to a horses head.."

hahaha wouldn't be the first time

over a year ago

Good....we re all happy now BTW I do respect women, men my friends my family and my elders, there's a certain mafia element on here that like to gang up, but I won't lose any sleep over it

Careful now al or you'll be waking up next to a horses head..hahaha wouldn't be the first time "

Nor the last eh, any port in a storm I suppose

By *ig al100Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

Careful now al or you'll be waking up next to a horses head..hahaha wouldn't be the first time

Nor the last eh, any port in a storm I suppose "

that's the way it was when I worked on the trawlers and occasionally at three in the morning when options are fewer lol, I'm selling fish now

over a year ago

Careful now al or you'll be waking up next to a horses head..hahaha wouldn't be the first time

Nor the last eh, any port in a storm I suppose that's the way it was when I worked on the trawlers and occasionally at three in the morning when options are fewer lol, I'm selling fish now "

That's taking deadliest catch to a whole new level...

By *ig al100Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

Nor the last eh, any port in a storm I suppose that's the way it was when I worked on the trawlers and occasionally at three in the morning when options are fewer lol, I'm selling fish now

That's taking deadliest catch to a whole new level..."

you could also have a deadliest catch from a dodgy doll on here lol

over a year ago

Nor the last eh, any port in a storm I suppose that's the way it was when I worked on the trawlers and occasionally at three in the morning when options are fewer lol, I'm selling fish now

That's taking deadliest catch to a whole new level... you could also have a deadliest catch from a dodgy doll on here lol "

Don't think you'll have to worry about that al

By *ig al100Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

That's taking deadliest catch to a whole new level... you could also have a deadliest catch from a dodgy doll on here lol

Don't think you'll have to worry about that al "

I always practice safe sex ain't worth it otherwise

over a year ago

That's taking deadliest catch to a whole new level... you could also have a deadliest catch from a dodgy doll on here lol

Don't think you'll have to worry about that al I always practice safe sex ain't worth it otherwise "

Ah al you big ball of sense you

By *ig al100Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

Don't think you'll have to worry about that al I always practice safe sex ain't worth it otherwise

Ah al you big ball of sense you"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/04/16 18:03:21]

over a year ago

No. Can't see why they did. She's not even Irish. She is from Northern Ireland. The British media have no interest in her so I guess RTE payed for her time, even if they do deny paying her.

They never interviewed this guy even though he was raped in custody by cops. But then again he was in his forties, male and actually Irish. From Coolock to be precise.

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/books/review-memoir-the-cocaine-diaries-a-venezuelan-prison-nightmare-by-paul-keany-with-jeff-farrell-26873459.html

over a year ago

No. Can't see why they did. She's not even Irish. She is from Northern ireland"

.really...

By *ewbies201Couple
over a year ago

lisburn

No. Can't see why they did. She's not even Irish. She is from Northern ireland

.really... "

Shit!!!!! There's me calling myself irish all this time, fecking hate it when I'm wrong!!

over a year ago

No. Can't see why they did. She's not even Irish. She is from Northern ireland

.really...

Shit!!!!! There's me calling myself irish all this time, fecking hate it when I'm wrong!! "

..its ok..we can start a support group...

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

. She was young , naive and made a error which she will regret for the rest of her life . I can see no harm in interviewing her if it puts others off .

over a year ago

"

...Annoys me because I work hard and put in lots of preparation in the evenings for work

Had she done the same, we would never have heard of her...."

Post new Message to Thread