Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

North or South get together

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Having alook on here and group fun seems to be very selective and near non existed here for us folk? Ive always fancied one so thinking the easiest way to get involved would be to potentially arrange my own?

Obviously it wouldn't be a cock feast but more along the lines afew couples few ladies and avery selective male or two depending on what the majority of folk wanted?

Im open to suggestions if enough interest we can make this happen, if you would be interested please get in touch with suggestions dates and location that would suit and we can organise something to suit everyone?

Please no time wasters!

DannyNI

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is there a Belfast in scotland??

By *ingerrrrWoman
over a year ago

Meath

Are you suggesting a party? A meet n greet, coffee social??

If so.. Where.. Apt, hotel, your place???

When? Daytime? Evening?

You need all these things organised before you throw a vague suggestion out..

over a year ago

It would be indeed a party as for venue and dates i didn't want to give a time or place until i had numbers and dates so it could be organised to suit everyone. Sorry for the confusion guy's

Hahaha Belfast in Scotland? Noooo silly ??

over a year ago

"It would be indeed a party as for venue and dates i didn't want to give a time or place until i had numbers and dates so it could be organised to suit everyone. Sorry for the confusion guy's

Hahaha Belfast in Scotland? Noooo silly ?? "

But your profile says Belfast, Scotland??

over a year ago

"It would be indeed a party as for venue and dates i didn't want to give a time or place until i had numbers and dates so it could be organised to suit everyone. Sorry for the confusion guy's

Hahaha Belfast in Scotland? Noooo silly ?? "

Is it not making things difficult to get numbers and dates without a location?

Maybe throw up three or four locations for people to choose from? See what gets a good response? Maybe get in contact with other people on here with party organising experience. Or, you could ignore all the above as I really haven't a clue what I'm talking about...

over a year ago

Basically i want people to say if they would be interested then see where the majority are from either North or South. Once that's established then il organise the dates can't do anything until i get numbers?

Il certainly take your advice on asking other people who throw parties though ??

over a year ago

"Basically i want people to say if they would be interested then see where the majority are from either North or South. Once that's established then il organise the dates can't do anything until i get numbers?

Il certainly take your advice on asking other people who throw parties though ??"

Yeah, I can imagine it awkward to organise. Best of luck with it anyway

over a year ago

We would be likely up for a G&M if it was in a hotel. We not interested in a house party and having to worry about getting home or a lift to a hotel. Reason for that is we would want to enjoy a few drinks and be fit to chill. Maybe you could look about Newry area, that way you could get lots of northern Ireland and the border counties like Louth and monaghan and it would not be far from Dublin on the M1 motorway. Nor would it be far from the likes of co.Antrim via the M2 and M1 from Belfast.

over a year ago

Newry would be fine ,good central location ,parking hotel's ect.

I could bring my topline.

Room for two,well maybe three.

over a year ago

To be honest, you cannot have been looking very carefully - there are always plenty of events of various types being posted on the Forums/Meets Pages - all over the Island.

I'd highly recommend before attempting to run an event of your own - that you attend several of those well-run events by the long-term organisers - and get to know how/why they are best run by well-verified, established members who are trusted by the party/event going members.

That way you would learn that there are ways to do these things - and putting up a random 'who's interested' post that shows a complete lack of experience - is not going to engender much interest from those who value their safety and discretion.

Marie

Veteran of over 12 years and about 60 events!

By *andaCouple
over a year ago

co down

"To be honest, you cannot have been looking very carefully - there are always plenty of events of various types being posted on the Forums/Meets Pages - all over the Island.

I'd highly recommend before attempting to run an event of your own - that you attend several of those well-run events by the long-term organisers - and get to know how/why they are best run by well-verified, established members who are trusted by the party/event going members.

That way you would learn that there are ways to do these things - and putting up a random 'who's interested' post that shows a complete lack of experience - is not going to engender much interest from those who value their safety and discretion.

Marie

Veteran of over 12 years and about 60 events!"

Absolutely right Marie. Some people who should have known better were taken in by an event that was supposed to take place last Friday in Belfast. Same sort of thing. Single bloke, no veris on show and virtually no presence on forum was organising a Belfast party. Cancelled on the day and said it wasn't his fault. We all know what day last Friday was! Easy to spot event was never going to take place. No venue was ever arranged and guy hasn't been online since.

Wouldn't go near an event without knowing where it would be, when, how many were going, guarantee that all had proper veris etc. But you can't tell some people

By *ub_leitrim_guyMan
over a year ago

Out in the sticks

You might have better luck with East or West by looks of it!!

over a year ago

"You might have better luck with East or West by looks of it!! "

Crash and burn springs to mind how unfortunate ??

over a year ago

Why only a 'very selective male or two'?

over a year ago

"Why only a 'very selective male or two'? "

Would you prefer a sausage feast? Off course it would be upto the majority what and who they would like to see. I'm guessing by the criticism from everyone im kinda wasting my time on even trying?

I'd set the date for the weekend starting 22nd April and location as Newry? Venues to play in?

over a year ago

"Why only a 'very selective male or two'?

Would you prefer a sausage feast? Off course it would be upto the majority what and who they would like to see. I'm guessing by the criticism from everyone im kinda wasting my time on even trying?

I'd set the date for the weekend starting 22nd April and location as Newry? Venues to play in? "

That's the other extreme. How about a happy medium.

over a year ago

Happy medium?

Post new Message to Thread