Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Smoking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So.... I've recently stopped smoking. But I've started using an e cigarette. I know... Replacing one poison with another but I've smoked full time since I was 13 but my kids asked me to try and quit so here I am!!

Do many others on here use an e cig and if so what flavours do you use?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Triple mint! It is just replacing one for another but I took a pull off a ciggie the other day and it was absolutely gross, so least with the ecig there isn't an after taste

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Blue cheese a lot lately.but generally I love my hazes,amnesia or super silver haze

over a year ago

I was using the patches for a couple of weeks. I did well on them but just can't stand the itcyiness where the patch sticks on. Have got more but don't think I can bear to use them

over a year ago

"I was using the patches for a couple of weeks. I did well on them but just can't stand the itcyiness where the patch sticks on. Have got more but don't think I can bear to use them"

I'm the same. I can honestly say I've tried almost everything over the years and found patches the most uncomfortable things ever!!!

over a year ago

vaping menthol easiest way ever to stop smoking even though nicotine addiction still there im happy enough and im cigarette free

over a year ago

"Triple mint! It is just replacing one for another but I took a pull off a ciggie the other day and it was absolutely gross, so least with the ecig there isn't an after taste "

I had menthol the other week and when I came home from work i went in to say goodnight to the kids and instead of saying I smelled awful they asked if I had chewing gum!!

over a year ago

"Triple mint! It is just replacing one for another but I took a pull off a ciggie the other day and it was absolutely gross, so least with the ecig there isn't an after taste

I had menthol the other week and when I came home from work i went in to say goodnight to the kids and instead of saying I smelled awful they asked if I had chewing gum!!"

Win win then

over a year ago

"Triple mint! It is just replacing one for another but I took a pull off a ciggie the other day and it was absolutely gross, so least with the ecig there isn't an after taste

I had menthol the other week and when I came home from work i went in to say goodnight to the kids and instead of saying I smelled awful they asked if I had chewing gum!!

Win win then "

over a year ago

Win win then

"

Well done Pat13 x

over a year ago

Win win then

Well done Pat13 x"

Thanks guys!!

Love the pics by the way!

over a year ago

Win win then

Well done Pat13 x

Thanks guys!!

Love the pics by the way!"

over a year ago

Im off them four month mrs here its t first time im actualy off them ive tryed hypnotism patches ecigg t gum my miracle off them four months longest so far im delighted with myself its hard best of luck x

over a year ago

Find the 18mg blueberry flavour very good. Kinda tastes like the blue Bon bons sweets

By *uelpumpMan
over a year ago

galway city

On the ecig for 9 months now, mentol and some other flavour I mix together, yeah I hated the first fag but I'd die for one now I'm sick of the ecig but I hate the smell of fags on urself so tat keeps me away most the time

By *ancyachatnowMan
over a year ago

NEWBRIDGE

ECigs

These can be really hard to get of when you don't treat them like a normal cigarette

Only use them where you'd be allowed a cigarette

One of the lads I work with has it in his mouth 24/7 he'd be better of smoking as he'd only smoke 2 a day with work

over a year ago

Im lucky I don't smoke ,I never did, except 420.Thats an other nights work . How ever I do have sympathy for smokers trying to give up.With regarding the E cigarettes Its interesting to note , its the same people whom make them as cigarettes , ie the tobacco industry.Would it be fair to assume that they still have the same way of operating as they always have or have they suddenly had a change of heart for the benefit of mankind and care about peoples health instead of profits.I don't believe that they care anymore about peoples health now than they ever did.I think its fair to say that e cigs are nothing more than a greater sinister cancer delivery system than cigarettes ever were.They are just marketed more cleverly.Its still nicoteen that is being consumed, only in a more dangerous /sinister way, that as yet is untested and the result of which wont be known until this generation of e ciggy users , has gone through a long enough test period.I pity , I genuinely feel for a person addicted to nicoteen , and this recent craze wont help the sufferers.I have yet to hear of or meet a person whom has successfully quit a nicoteen addiction with the aid of these despicable devices.

over a year ago

"Im lucky I don't smoke ,I never did, except 420.Thats an other nights work . How ever I do have sympathy for smokers trying to give up.With regarding the E cigarettes Its interesting to note , its the same people whom make them as cigarettes , ie the tobacco industry.Would it be fair to assume that they still have the same way of operating as they always have or have they suddenly had a change of heart for the benefit of mankind and care about peoples health instead of profits.I don't believe that they care anymore about peoples health now than they ever did.I think its fair to say that e cigs are nothing more than a greater sinister cancer delivery system than cigarettes ever were.They are just marketed more cleverly.Its still nicoteen that is being consumed, only in a more dangerous /sinister way, that as yet is untested and the result of which wont be known until this generation of e ciggy users , has gone through a long enough test period.I pity , I genuinely feel for a person addicted to nicoteen , and this recent craze wont help the sufferers.I have yet to hear of or meet a person whom has successfully quit a nicoteen addiction with the aid of these despicable devices."

Your a 420 so you cant say you never smoked just an ob

over a year ago

"Im lucky I don't smoke ,I never did, except 420.Thats an other nights work . How ever I do have sympathy for smokers trying to give up.With regarding the E cigarettes Its interesting to note , its the same people whom make them as cigarettes , ie the tobacco industry.Would it be fair to assume that they still have the same way of operating as they always have or have they suddenly had a change of heart for the benefit of mankind and care about peoples health instead of profits.I don't believe that they care anymore about peoples health now than they ever did.I think its fair to say that e cigs are nothing more than a greater sinister cancer delivery system than cigarettes ever were.They are just marketed more cleverly.Its still nicoteen that is being consumed, only in a more dangerous /sinister way, that as yet is untested and the result of which wont be known until this generation of e ciggy users , has gone through a long enough test period.I pity , I genuinely feel for a person addicted to nicoteen , and this recent craze wont help the sufferers.I have yet to hear of or meet a person whom has successfully quit a nicoteen addiction with the aid of these despicable devices."

A lot of misinformation in that post. Nicotine was never the most dangerous substance in cigarettes. The worst part was the tar, amongst other toxic and carcinogenic chemicals. These are not present in ecig. That stuff that gets exhaled that looks like smoke? It's not smoke. It's quite different to smoking a cigarette. Don't get me wrong. Giving up a nicotine addiction is the ideal way, but ecigs are far from 'a greater sinister cancer delivery system than cigarettes ever were'.

Neither the ecigs nor the eliquid I occasionally use are made by a company who have previously made cigarettes.

Oh and if you think smoking is better for you, then think again. There is a hell of a lot of tar and noxious chemicals in there alongside all that lovely thc.

The bottom line is ecigs will save lives, it's far far better than cigarettes (or ).

By *ierycrackWoman
over a year ago

SOMEWHERE ELUSIVE........AND HOT!!!

Not easy to give up.i used the patches.

Worked for me. Off them 12 years now

over a year ago

Thanks for all of your comments guys!!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Im lucky I don't smoke ,I never did, except 420.Thats an other nights work . How ever I do have sympathy for smokers trying to give up.With regarding the E cigarettes Its interesting to note , its the same people whom make them as cigarettes , ie the tobacco industry.Would it be fair to assume that they still have the same way of operating as they always have or have they suddenly had a change of heart for the benefit of mankind and care about peoples health instead of profits.I don't believe that they care anymore about peoples health now than they ever did.I think its fair to say that e cigs are nothing more than a greater sinister cancer delivery system than cigarettes ever were.They are just marketed more cleverly.Its still nicoteen that is being consumed, only in a more dangerous /sinister way, that as yet is untested and the result of which wont be known until this generation of e ciggy users , has gone through a long enough test period.I pity , I genuinely feel for a person addicted to nicoteen , and this recent craze wont help the sufferers.I have yet to hear of or meet a person whom has successfully quit a nicoteen addiction with the aid of these despicable devices.

A lot of misinformation in that post. Nicotine was never the most dangerous substance in cigarettes. The worst part was the tar, amongst other toxic and carcinogenic chemicals. These are not present in ecig. That stuff that gets exhaled that looks like smoke? It's not smoke. It's quite different to smoking a cigarette. Don't get me wrong. Giving up a nicotine addiction is the ideal way, but ecigs are far from 'a greater sinister cancer delivery system than cigarettes ever were'.

Neither the ecigs nor the eliquid I occasionally use are made by a company who have previously made cigarettes.

Oh and if you think smoking is better for you, then think again. There is a hell of a lot of tar and noxious chemicals in there alongside all that lovely thc.

The bottom line is ecigs will save lives, it's far far better than cigarettes (or ). "

E cigs are not less harmful than

E cigs are unregulated new and mostly untested

Cannabis has been around for thousands of years and is prescribed by doctors in half the world to treat lots of ailments including cancer

over a year ago

"So.... I've recently stopped smoking. But I've started using an e cigarette. I know... Replacing one poison with another but I've smoked full time since I was 13 but my kids asked me to try and quit so here I am!!

Do many others on here use an e cig and if so what flavours do you use?"

Whatever you do, that decision to want to stop was the first move. Well done on that alone

By *aywhatnowMan
over a year ago

North County

Wow. Some very unresearched stuff on here, absolutely zero proof than e cigs don't contain bad stuff that cigs do. Unregulated still, so until then dont be so sure.

The government will get their greedy paws on them soon and they will be hit with a huge tax hike so enjoy the cost while you can.

to anyone who has fully quitted smoking I say congratulations, extending life expectancy and not paying good money on a horrible habit can only be a good thing.

over a year ago

"Im lucky I don't smoke ,I never did, except 420.Thats an other nights work . How ever I do have sympathy for smokers trying to give up.With regarding the E cigarettes Its interesting to note , its the same people whom make them as cigarettes , ie the tobacco industry.Would it be fair to assume that they still have the same way of operating as they always have or have they suddenly had a change of heart for the benefit of mankind and care about peoples health instead of profits.I don't believe that they care anymore about peoples health now than they ever did.I think its fair to say that e cigs are nothing more than a greater sinister cancer delivery system than cigarettes ever were.They are just marketed more cleverly.Its still nicoteen that is being consumed, only in a more dangerous /sinister way, that as yet is untested and the result of which wont be known until this generation of e ciggy users , has gone through a long enough test period.I pity , I genuinely feel for a person addicted to nicoteen , and this recent craze wont help the sufferers.I have yet to hear of or meet a person whom has successfully quit a nicoteen addiction with the aid of these despicable devices.

The bottom line is ecigs will save lives, it's far far better than cigarettes (or ).

Cannabis has been around for thousands of years and is prescribed by doctors in half the world to treat lots of ailments including cancer"

In my own Unresearched opinion I personally think that an e cig can not be as bad as actual cigarettes. Maybe there is harmful chemicals in them but I much rather not coughing all the time and smelling like a campfire! Also it's the first time in years an air freshener doesn't cringe when I put it into my car!!!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Cannabis has been around for thousands of years and is prescribed by doctors in half the world to treat lots of ailments including cancer

In my own Unresearched opinion I personally think that an e cig can not be as bad as actual cigarettes. Maybe there is harmful chemicals in them but I much rather not coughing all the time and smelling like a campfire! Also it's the first time in years an air freshener doesn't cringe when I put it into my car!!!"

Everyone agrees with that. My point was about cannabis not cigarettes

over a year ago

I don't think cannabis per se is dangerous. Eating it for example isnt too bad. It's the smoking of it that's unhealthy. The smoke that is produced is packed full of tar and carcinogens. It's also often mixed with tobacco and smoked unfiltered. There is often 4 times as much tar in a joint as in a cigarette.

The vapour that is produced by an ecig is similar to that produced by a 'smoke machine' at a gig. It's not considered anywhere near as dangerous as real smoke.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"I don't think cannabis per se is dangerous. Eating it for example isnt too bad. It's the smoking of it that's unhealthy. The smoke that is produced is packed full of tar and carcinogens. It's also often mixed with tobacco and smoked unfiltered. There is often 4 times as much tar in a joint as in a cigarette.

The vapour that is produced by an ecig is similar to that produced by a 'smoke machine' at a gig. It's not considered anywhere near as dangerous as real smoke. "

The idea e cigs came from vaporizers which like e cigs doesn't have tar

And can be smoked pure. No baccy. Intact Hal highly recommends it

By *astortroy30Man
over a year ago

Belfast

There is a lot of misinformed rubbish on this feed. E-cigs are infinitely less dangerous than tobacco. Nicotine itself is not harmful, much like caffeine but more addictive, however it's the 500 other chemicals in tobacco which cause the problems. The department of health recently issued guidance that if every smoker changed to e-cigs thousands of lives would be saved. The worry with e-cigs is it normalises smoking especially in teenagers who could end up addicted to nicotine and may end up taking up tobacco smoking.

over a year ago

"There is a lot of misinformed rubbish on this feed. E-cigs are infinitely less dangerous than tobacco. Nicotine itself is not harmful, much like caffeine but more addictive, however it's the 500 other chemicals in tobacco which cause the problems. The department of health recently issued guidance that if every smoker changed to e-cigs thousands of lives would be saved. The worry with e-cigs is it normalises smoking especially in teenagers who could end up addicted to nicotine and may end up taking up tobacco smoking."

I recently went into the local vaping shop to get some liquid and there was 2 kids in secondary school uniforms in there. Definatly not old enough to smoke. This is exactly the problem you just spoke about.

over a year ago

Your a 420 so you cant say you never smoked just an ob "

To get this straight Im not a 420 Im a nothing, Ive have probably only smoked 10 joints in my life . I did say it was an other nights work.Would you like a biography of my dope smoking career?,I don't condone or condem 420.And it has nothing to do with this argument , at least I think it shouldn't.just for the record ,just for anybodys OBs

over a year ago

So update time I think. As mentioned I had been using an e cig. Well I didn't bring it with me to work on Wednesday just gone. 12 hour shift with smokers everywhere and i didn't cave!! Used it on friday night when having a few drinks but it's on my dresser at home since!

over a year ago

"So update time I think. As mentioned I had been using an e cig. Well I didn't bring it with me to work on Wednesday just gone. 12 hour shift with smokers everywhere and i didn't cave!! Used it on friday night when having a few drinks but it's on my dresser at home since! "

Best of luck to you sounds all good so far ,who knows you might kick the ould habit.

over a year ago

Hard to bate turf moul in the pipe lol

By *ommando4Man
over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

Best I have found is Mojito. It's very refreshing and clean burning.

By *usky Couple01Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

I agree with you there on this one 100 percent, I used the E cig two years ago, an while I was on it I suffered violent headaches, had numerous chest infections,sore throat all the time, I was worse off on the Ecig then ordinary fags, I gave it up ended up back on the cigarettes, headaches went chest cleared up, throat was sore no more ! These Ecigs are lethal, we won't know the repercussions in our generation but it will come out about them !!!

over a year ago

"Blue cheese a lot lately.but generally I love my hazes,amnesia or super silver haze"

Lol nice that blue cheese is serious

over a year ago

"So update time I think. As mentioned I had been using an e cig. Well I didn't bring it with me to work on Wednesday just gone. 12 hour shift with smokers everywhere and i didn't cave!! Used it on friday night when having a few drinks but it's on my dresser at home since! "

Well done Pat! Sooooo wish many more would do the same xxx

By *rDarcy37Man
over a year ago

lucan

As an ex smoker I can say it's one of the best things I done. There are no downsides to it.

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

Well done.

over a year ago

Fair play to you Pat!

Stick with it mate...

I used to smoke 30/40 a day, needed to do something about it so I used patches, RESULT!

That was over 10yrs ago, never had a craving while on patches, haven't had any since either.

over a year ago

Thanks folks for all ye're positive comments. I'm hoping another week at the most to be off the e cig (evenings only)hopefully!!!

over a year ago

"As an ex smoker I can say it's one of the best things I done. There are no downsides to it. "

Post new Message to Thread