Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Have you noticed

Jump to newest

By *etmebeurfantasy OP   Woman
over a year ago

My town

Not so many people are posting on the forums... it seems to have taken a drastic downhill in a bad way.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

People don't bother so much when the sun is shining. I like to fab while having my breakfast and before I start into the work of the day.

over a year ago

A lot of the threads are very repetitive. I don't post often but read a lot and its a similar cycle ever two weeks.

By *ecretgamesMan
over a year ago

the moon

I post quite a bit but not so much on the Ireland forums. Like has been said there is a lot of repetition in the forums so I also read a lot without posting like a parrot

over a year ago

"A lot of the threads are very repetitive. I don't post often but read a lot and its a similar cycle ever two weeks."

There is that too. But new people are trying to make a mark, so they post a thread without checking. Even not so new people do it

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Would ye blame people staying away with the bullshit that goes on here? Smart comments,snide remarks and one upmanship are common place here lately. The funny part about it is i bet theyd not behave like this in the real world. Its a sad way to get their kicks i suppose

over a year ago

The Irish forum doesn't exactly excell itself. Most interesting Irish post recently was in the 'stories and fantasies' section.... Far too much good morning and that type of shit in here ....

Imo

By *aywhatnowMan
over a year ago

North County

"Would ye blame people staying away with the bullshit that goes on here? Smart comments,snide remarks and one upmanship are common place here lately. The funny part about it is i bet theyd not behave like this in the real world. Its a sad way to get their kicks i suppose "

Summed up perfectly!

And the repetition of course...

which reminds me I must post on the good morning thread

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"The Irish forum doesn't exactly excell itself. Most interesting Irish post recently was in the 'stories and fantasies' section.... Far too much good morning and that type of shit in here ....

Imo "

Youre right too... theres times where we re an embarassment to others who view the irish forum.Pretty sickening really as we re supposed to be a friendly nation. Whoever said that waa wrong

over a year ago

"Would ye blame people staying away with the bullshit that goes on here? Smart comments,snide remarks and one upmanship are common place here lately. The funny part about it is i bet theyd not behave like this in the real world. Its a sad way to get their kicks i suppose "

over a year ago

It's been mentioned many times lately about how repetitive it is in here and what's worse it's been mentioned in other rooms how snarky the Irish are in their own forum. Half the problem is the the regular posters, well those who are left, hammer the newbies just for the fun of it. Those new member who given a chance might add far more than those already here.

It won't change, its just not in some people to chill the beans and let things flow in a positive way. So what if a question has been asked before. Face pic Friday has been done, good morning has been done and so on. From 6 months ago compared to the past few weeks it's not only unpleasant but tedious listening to the same people moan. I thought that's what your real life was for.

*waits for the *

By *ecretgamesMan
over a year ago

the moon

"It's been mentioned many times lately about how repetitive it is in here and what's worse it's been mentioned in other rooms how snarky the Irish are in their own forum. Half the problem is the the regular posters, well those who are left, hammer the newbies just for the fun of it. Those new member who given a chance might add far more than those already here.

It won't change, its just not in some people to chill the beans and let things flow in a positive way. So what if a question has been asked before. Face pic Friday has been done, good morning has been done and so on. From 6 months ago compared to the past few weeks it's not only unpleasant but tedious listening to the same people moan. I thought that's what your real life was for.

*waits for the *"

BOOM think I will start a thread about biscuits !!! Biscuits are good !!!

over a year ago

"Not so many people are posting on the forums... it seems to have taken a drastic downhill in a bad way. "

It is definitely a dry spell Letme, lack of content for me, there's not many interesting threads going up.

over a year ago

"It's been mentioned many times lately about how repetitive it is in here and what's worse it's been mentioned in other rooms how snarky the Irish are in their own forum. Half the problem is the the regular posters, well those who are left, hammer the newbies just for the fun of it. Those new member who given a chance might add far more than those already here.

*waits for the *

BOOM think I will start a thread about biscuits !!! Biscuits are good !!!"

Would they be chocolate biscuits in quite partial to a chocolate biscuit with my tea

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Totally disagree with the regulars hammering newbies on the whole newbies are welcomed. On this thread alone there's 4 infrequent posters none of which have being hammered but I will agree there has being a few newbies resently posting for a reaction

over a year ago

Not too long in the forums here, but yes I've noticed the repetiveness aswell. Especially if ya post something. Even had people pm me with snide comments but couldn't be bothered to stoop as low as em. Ignore it & drive on.

By *ecretgamesMan
over a year ago

the moon

*waits for the *

Would they be chocolate biscuits in quite partial to a chocolate biscuit with my tea "

Hmmmm me too

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Not too long in the forums here, but yes I've noticed the repetiveness aswell. Especially if ya post something. Even had people pm me with snide comments but couldn't be bothered to stoop as low as em. Ignore it & drive on. "

Have had those mails and they are usually from cowards who are afraid to engage on a thread having said that I try reply to them in public as that's were I express my opinion

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

"Not so many people are posting on the forums... it seems to have taken a drastic downhill in a bad way. "

I think its normal for it to quieten for a while. Seems to be the cycle of things. But im sure it will pick up again

over a year ago

"Totally disagree with the regulars hammering newbies on the whole newbies are welcomed. On this thread alone there's 4 infrequent posters none of which have being hammered but I will agree there has being a few newbies resently posting for a reaction "

We can agree to disagree but on a post like this the more established membersince tend to stay a little calmer. I mean the certainly don't want to re enforce the point at their own cost.

Doesn't it pretty much come down to two things. Repetitive posts which personally I don't mind to much but you most certainly cannot deny that the purely sarcastic comments are getting way out hand. Regardless of own opinion on how often it happens, do you think it's necessary and would you let it slide if it was a long standing member ?

Lot of arses firmly on the fence when it comes to taking people on here

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

As for repetiveness posts usually the ones about how's my profile or any tips on my profile I tend to point out the search function as it can get weary. The good morning threads of facepic Fri threads do no harm the give opportunity for new people to get involved.

Taking on longstanding members I have done so and will do again I am sure, every one is entitled to there opinion once they respect that of others there's no wrong in pointing out a flawed opinion for what ever reason as long as u can accept that ur own opinion may also be flawed that's the basis for debate

What drives me mad is people getting pot shots at others

over a year ago

"Totally disagree with the regulars hammering newbies on the whole newbies are welcomed. On this thread alone there's 4 infrequent posters none of which have being hammered but I will agree there has being a few newbies resently posting for a reaction

We can agree to disagree but on a post like this the more established membersince tend to stay a little calmer. I mean the certainly don't want to re enforce the point at their own cost.

Doesn't it pretty much come down to two things. Repetitive posts which personally I don't mind to much but you most certainly cannot deny that the purely sarcastic comments are getting way out hand. Regardless of own opinion on how often it happens, do you think it's necessary and would you let it slide if it was a long standing member ?

Lot of arses firmly on the fence when it comes to taking people on here"

But the fence is so comfy!

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Totally disagree with the regulars hammering newbies on the whole newbies are welcomed. On this thread alone there's 4 infrequent posters none of which have being hammered but I will agree there has being a few newbies resently posting for a reaction

But the fence is so comfy! "

It's how ur arse fits on it

over a year ago

"

It's how ur arse fits on it "

When you have as much padding as I have, anything is comfy.

By *longshottMan
over a year ago

Limerick

"The Irish forum doesn't exactly excell itself. Most interesting Irish post recently was in the 'stories and fantasies' section.... Far too much good morning and that type of shit in here ....

Imo

Youre right too... theres times where we re an embarassment to others who view the irish forum.Pretty sickening really as we re supposed to be a friendly nation. Whoever said that waa wrong "

I actually once new a South African couple who said they found the Irish in general very friendly until they got to know you. Sounds like paradox of sorts but could be truth in it.

By *ecretgamesMan
over a year ago

the moon

"

When you have as much padding as I have, anything is comfy. "

Nope ... Looked !! Can find this padding

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"

When you have as much padding as I have, anything is comfy. "

Oh JAYUS I'd paddle it for u

By *ecretgamesMan
over a year ago

the moon

Gah meant can't !!!!

By *eltic CplCouple
over a year ago

Kildare

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Imo

Youre right too... theres times where we re an embarassment to others who view the irish forum.Pretty sickening really as we re supposed to be a friendly nation. Whoever said that waa wrong

I actually once new a South African couple who said they found the Irish in general very friendly until they got to know you. Sounds like paradox of sorts but could be truth in it."

Theres a lot of truth in what youve said. It actually saddens me that folk can treat each other with contempt on here, poke fun at others expense and find it funny. I often pop across to the lounge and its good old fashioned banter and good craic. People give their opinions and no one is slated for it, its a pity that doesnt rub off here.

over a year ago

But the fence is so comfy! "

I need to upgrade my fence. Cuts the arse off me after half an hour. No choice but to get off it

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

I need to upgrade my fence. Cuts the arse off me after half an hour. No choice but to get off it "

Sometimes it's best suffer the pain

By *own a bitMan
over a year ago

Dublin

good morning...

person above...

kiss fuck, ask me arse..

dose my arse look big in these..

same shite, different day.

same aul posters all the time.

it's been going downhill for at least a year.

A lot of newbies and non regular posters are just ignored when they put up a post by some of regulars,which then turns them off posting.

So we're just left with a handful of the same people posting all the time.. And it's understandable that there is only so much new material they can come up with..

over a year ago

Have to agree letme, I only pop my head in and out now, and I used to be hooked on the forums! But there's just such a negative underlay here at the mo.

One thing I already find interesting and I've said it before. There's always a wave of new posters, and they will always complain about not being included by the more regular posters. Then the next wave of newbies comes along and the last lot of newbies are seen as regulars and it's them that get accused and it never goes down well! It's a circle and will always be that way

I'm here a long time and would never ignore a good post if it was from a newbie, I will however ignore posters who I deem to be fakes or trolls. I won't waste my time on someone's who sole intent is to waste mine and others time. That's my choice though and there's an awful lot of posters recently who would fall into that bracket for me! So I just don't bother posting much

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

" I often pop across to the lounge and its good old fashioned banter and good craic. People give their opinions and no one is slated for it, its a pity that doesnt rub off here. "

Have to somewhat disagree. Just as many threads are removed or closed. And just as much slating and bickering going in, in there. But i think because of the volume of posters and threads its not as noticable.

But do like the lounge too.

over a year ago

My town

[Removed by poster at 18/03/16 11:36:06]

over a year ago

My town

"Have to agree letme, I only pop my head in and out now, and I used to be hooked on the forums! But there's just such a negative underlay here at the mo.

One thing I already find interesting and I've said it before. There's always a wave of new posters, and they will always complain about not being included by the more regular posters. Then the next wave of newbies comes along and the last lot of newbies are seen as regulars and it's them that get accused and it never goes down well! It's a circle and will always be that way

I'm here a long time and would never ignore a good post if it was from a newbie, I will however ignore posters who I deem to be fakes or trolls. I won't waste my time on someone's who sole intent is to waste mine and others time. That's my choice though and there's an awful lot of posters recently who would fall into that bracket for me! So I just don't bother posting much "

good woman lolli sums it up to a t

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

" I often pop across to the lounge and its good old fashioned banter and good craic. People give their opinions and no one is slated for it, its a pity that doesnt rub off here.

Have to somewhat disagree. Just as many threads are removed or closed. And just as much slating and bickering going in, in there. But i think because of the volume of posters and threads its not as noticable.

But do like the lounge too. "

I agree it happens in all rooms and as u say the volume of posters can hide it

over a year ago

" I often pop across to the lounge and its good old fashioned banter and good craic. People give their opinions and no one is slated for it, its a pity that doesnt rub off here.

But do like the lounge too.

I agree it happens in all rooms and as u say the volume of posters can hide it"

Yes it has gone very quite in here

over a year ago

Hey, will I open up Rosies Bar tonight, I think it's needed lol!!!?

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Hey, will I open up Rosies Bar tonight, I think it's needed lol!!!? "

Ha ! sure why not Posie. Have my wine chilled and ill be there

over a year ago

"Hey, will I open up Rosies Bar tonight, I think it's needed lol!!!?

Ha ! sure why not Posie. Have my wine chilled and ill be there "

It has changed a lot since you were last in there, there's 3 poles in there now lol!!!

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

It has changed a lot since you were last in there, there's 3 poles in there now lol!!! "

An mmmf might be on the cards so!

over a year ago

It has changed a lot since you were last in there, there's 3 poles in there now lol!!!

An mmmf might be on the cards so! "

I'm in ... Or is that another thread ?

over a year ago

The other forums have a much bigger population, and there's always bickering going on in them so its a bit harsh saying that it's only on here, lots of what goes on here is banter but people take it up wrong, there's also stuff that goes on that's purely for a reaction, mostly put up by fake profiles, the threads that are put up are mostly repetitive but become interesting to some because of the banter and disagreements that go on, if it were all people just saying how great each other was it would be very very boring...as for newbies,which we still are, ya have to get yourself involved, its just like any other part of life, people can't talk to ya if they don't know you exist, most of the new posters I've seen have been welcomed but then vanish and never post again, of course there are certain numpty's that continuously make threads just so they can have an argument and some social interaction, so even tho it's annoying you should be happy that for a small portion of their sad lives you have made them joyus, but I can't see it changing much to be fair...that is all

By *ongdongsilver99Man
over a year ago

skerries

over a year ago

Gosh, I can't open Rosies Bar tonight, as I've made plans for tonight already!!

By *ean0001Man
over a year ago

Dublin West

I dont post often and stay away from all the cranky posts.

There are a few who like to hijack the threads and see it as all a bit of banter, but if you dont get the banter in the first place it all reads as unfriendly and hostile.

So I tend to chat in the chatroom more as its much more interactive and you get a much better feel for people than you can in the forums.

I will continue to pop in and out and throw my tuppence worth but i just cant be arsed with all the drama in here.

over a year ago

over a year ago

Why would you bother when the trolls are rife and when you stand up for yourself you get banned by admin! I rarely post anymore just can't be arsed!

By *ongdongsilver99Man
over a year ago

skerries

somebody needs a hug

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"

I'm here a long time and would never ignore a good post if it was from a newbie, I will however ignore posters who I deem to be fakes or trolls. I won't waste my time on someone's who sole intent is to waste mine and others time. That's my choice though and there's an awful lot of posters recently who would fall into that bracket for me! So I just don't bother posting much "

That's pretty much my take on it too.

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"The other forums have a much bigger population, and there's always bickering going on in them so its a bit harsh saying that it's only on here, lots of what goes on here is banter but people take it up wrong, there's also stuff that goes on that's purely for a reaction, mostly put up by fake profiles, the threads that are put up are mostly repetitive but become interesting to some because of the banter and disagreements that go on, if it were all people just saying how great each other was it would be very very boring...as for newbies,which we still are, ya have to get yourself involved, its just like any other part of life, people can't talk to ya if they don't know you exist, most of the new posters I've seen have been welcomed but then vanish and never post again, of course there are certain numpty's that continuously make threads just so they can have an argument and some social interaction, so even tho it's annoying you should be happy that for a small portion of their sad lives you have made them joyus, but I can't see it changing much to be fair...that is all"

Also agree 100%

By *irty MurtyMan
over a year ago

my place

I don't post much,but lately I just look see who started a tread or the last poster and not even bother reading it cause I know the way it's going to go

By *irty MurtyMan
over a year ago

my place

I don't post much,but lately I just look see who started a tread or the last poster and not even bother reading it cause I know the way it's going to go

By *tsUS1990Couple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I don't post much,but lately I just look see who started a tread or the last poster and not even bother reading it cause I know the way it's going to go "

Absolutely. These threads always go the same way.

over a year ago

"Why would you bother when the trolls are rife and when you stand up for yourself you get banned by admin! I rarely post anymore just can't be arsed!"

that too

By *ale4U2Man
over a year ago

Nearby

Can't be arsed posting new threads.. There's only a few genuine folk who frequent the forum .. The rest are watching and waiting to jump on threads to sabotage them or to try ruin people's chances of hooking up etc. I now just look in and if something really interests me I comment. That's about it

By *unlinguyMan
over a year ago

South Dublin

*waits for the *

There was a thread this morning i think about biscuits

Whats everyones view of Pluto be taken out of the class of Plants and became a Dwarf Planet???.. dont think this one has been done hahaha

By *unlinguyMan
over a year ago

South Dublin

Imo

I actually once new a South African couple who said they found the Irish in general very friendly until they got to know you. Sounds like paradox of sorts but could be truth in it."

I lived in cape town and the ex wife is south african.. they are a strange breed but the good ones are great people..

By *llie and ApplesCouple
over a year ago

where ever

We've eased off on posting merely due to the fact we have lost interest in the forums ....we enjoy a little banter but some don't get our type of humor .....swings in round about ....

Apples

By *ale4U2Man
over a year ago

Nearby

"We've eased off on posting merely due to the fact we have lost interest in the forums ....we enjoy a little banter but some don't get our type of humor .....swings in round about ....

Apples"

Your absence and the absence of some of the regulars maybe are a sign that it truly is going downhill fast

over a year ago

"We've eased off on posting merely due to the fact we have lost interest in the forums ....we enjoy a little banter but some don't get our type of humor .....swings in round about ....

Apples

Your absence and the absence of some of the regulars maybe are a sign that it truly is going downhill fast "

over a year ago

Funs gone for sure

over a year ago

With the upturn they've all got jobs! Simple.

over a year ago

Na they've all turned to kik only thing I've noticed different about forums in past 3 years is there's more trolls ( fakes) and the characters that were here have either been given lifetime bans or have moved on.

over a year ago

*waits for the *"

Bang on the nail !

over a year ago

In a nutshell - Absolutely !

By *oughandCurvyCouple
over a year ago

galway

*waits for the *"

I have to agree!

Most of the time I pop in and have a look at the forums I find myself rolling my eyes at all the snide comments and bitching on every second post! It seems worse than ever, some people really have nothing better to do than be nasty just for kicks... I would have thought that there would be better things to do on a swing site but each to their own I guess

By *ink-InkWoman
over a year ago

Limerick

[Removed by poster at 19/03/16 01:11:45]

over a year ago

I just don't seem to get time these days

By *xhibitACouple
over a year ago

Dublin

We don't post too often. It seems sometimes the forums are full of attention seeking men and those with teenage mentality. Haven't really come across anything mature or interesting to discuss.

over a year ago

"We don't post too often. It seems sometimes the forums are full of attention seeking men and those with teenage mentality. Haven't really come across anything mature or interesting to discuss."

Let's not be too sexist here.... that quote almost borders on what your complaining about.

I had a post up and it was full of bitching attention seekers...and not a man in sight.

over a year ago

Forum Threads..

Much like a night out at the cinema..

People come to watch the film , enjoy it and make the odd oooh and ahhh of appreciation.

Some sit at the back and talk persistently, even after been asked to stop, they go on to deny they talked, often blaming their accusers...

Idiots shout..Popcorn I want popcorn..

The popcorn sellers arrive to feed them...

Late arrivers, slide in , distracting others with their needless attention seeking as they search for seats....

over a year ago

"Forum Threads..

Much like a night out at the cinema..

People come to watch the film , enjoy it and make the odd oooh and ahhh of appreciation.

Some sit at the back and talk persistently, even after been asked to stop, they go on to deny they talked, often blaming their accusers...

Idiots shout..Popcorn I want popcorn..

The popcorn sellers arrive to feed them...

Late arrivers, slide in , distracting others with their needless attention seeking as they search for seats...."

Spanish! Go on, let's hear the uncut and uncensored version

By *xhibitACouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"We don't post too often. It seems sometimes the forums are full of attention seeking men and those with teenage mentality. Haven't really come across anything mature or interesting to discuss.

Let's not be too sexist here.... that quote almost borders on what your complaining about.

I had a post up and it was full of bitching attention seekers...and not a man in sight. "

It borders nothing even near it. People can bitch if there's something worth bitching about. It's the type of topics that get posted up for discussion. You'd nearly think the place was full of 13 year olds.

You only need to check some of the topics only recently posted, most by men and some by women yes.

I guess it's what the forums have become.

To each their own, we just don't post much partly because of the nonsense that gets discussed.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"We don't post too often. It seems sometimes the forums are full of attention seeking men and those with teenage mentality. Haven't really come across anything mature or interesting to discuss.

I had a post up and it was full of bitching attention seekers...and not a man in sight.

It borders nothing even near it. People can bitch if there's something worth bitching about. It's the type of topics that get posted up for discussion. You'd nearly think the place was full of 13 year olds.

You only need to check some of the topics only recently posted, most by men and some by women yes.

I guess it's what the forums have become.

To each their own, we just don't post much partly because of the nonsense that gets discussed."

Waiting on others to post interesting and mature threads when u could post them ur selves is probably the way to go

over a year ago

Ok. There seems to be a general view so far that the Irish forums is crap, bit childish and a little hostile. So, how does it change? Some want a different class of threads. I'm interested in that. Would like to see more new and varied topics. People just need to post more, rather than just reading.

By *acilory39Man
over a year ago

out n about

Completely agree

over a year ago

"Not too long in the forums here, but yes I've noticed the repetiveness aswell. Especially if ya post something. Even had people pm me with snide comments but couldn't be bothered to stoop as low as em. Ignore it & drive on.

Have had those mails and they are usually from cowards who are afraid to engage on a thread having said that I try reply to them in public as that's were I express my opinion "

I'd do the same!

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Ok. There seems to be a general view so far that the Irish forums is crap, bit childish and a little hostile. So, how does it change? Some want a different class of threads. I'm interested in that. Would like to see more new and varied topics. People just need to post more, rather than just reading. "

Its peoples attitudes towards each other that needs to change. Disagreeing with another's opinion is taken way to personally here.If they stop and think before they type,the manner in which an opinion is expresssed can make a huge difference.Its great when new folk appear.But they disappear shortly afterwards cos someone asked a question thats been asked before and the " know alls" are ready to pounce. People forget that they were new here once too.With fresh people joining the topics of the more regular users, new opinions are given and new topics discussed. A domino effect of sorts.

over a year ago

good point dirty.

By *ierycrackWoman
over a year ago

SOMEWHERE ELUSIVE........AND HOT!!!

" good point dirty. "

By *ongdongsilver99Man
over a year ago

skerries

"Ok. There seems to be a general view so far that the Irish forums is crap, bit childish and a little hostile. So, how does it change? Some want a different class of threads. I'm interested in that. Would like to see more new and varied topics. People just need to post more, rather than just reading.

Its peoples attitudes towards each other that needs to change. Disagreeing with another's opinion is taken way to personally here.If they stop and think before they type,the manner in which an opinion is expresssed can make a huge difference.Its great when new folk appear.But they disappear shortly afterwards cos someone asked a question thats been asked before and the " know alls" are ready to pounce. People forget that they were new here once too.With fresh people joining the topics of the more regular users, new opinions are given and new topics discussed. A domino effect of sorts. "

Maybe some people should practice what they preach

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Ok. There seems to be a general view so far that the Irish forums is crap, bit childish and a little hostile. So, how does it change? Some want a different class of threads. I'm interested in that. Would like to see more new and varied topics. People just need to post more, rather than just reading.

Its peoples attitudes towards each other that needs to change. Disagreeing with another's opinion is taken way to personally here.If they stop and think before they type,the manner in which an opinion is expresssed can make a huge difference.Its great when new folk appear.But they disappear shortly afterwards cos someone asked a question thats been asked before and the " know alls" are ready to pounce. People forget that they were new here once too.With fresh people joining the topics of the more regular users, new opinions are given and new topics discussed. A domino effect of sorts.

Maybe some people should practice what they preach "

Where am i preaching in that comment i made? I merely pointed out what i see as regards to other posters here.Take or leave my opinion, its of no difference to me.

By *ongdongsilver99Man
over a year ago

skerries

Well u ain't practicing it either

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Well u ain't practicing it either "

Well longdinger...if i made comments like you have done,for shock value purposes and to purely irritate other users here,id be friendless very quick. I did point this out to you on the fuck a fiancee thread

over a year ago

Sweet holy family

Tis madness of the highest order, there is wiser chewing wallpaper down the road

over a year ago

"Sweet holy family

Tis madness of the highest order, there is wiser chewing wallpaper down the road "

over a year ago

I have only recently ventured on to the forums so obviously can't speak for what it used to be like.

Admittedly, along with threads, I have noticed that there may not be a lot of variety in terms of posters but again with no reference to previous times I didn't think much of it to be honest; felt a bit more like a close community that way I thought, in a good way obviously!

However, I'd be lying if I said some arguments and interactions haven't put me off posting more but I do realise that those are a minority, even in a more concentrated place like a sub forum; as mentioned it tends to be the same culprit(s) each time. So I understand if some wish to shy away or even stay away.

It does get tiresome but like the site in general if you wade through the melters there's reason to stay and there's certainly more than enough fun and welcoming folk on the forum as it is in my opinion to make a newbie, at least, hang about. I know it's hard to ignore something that maybe ticks you off but it really is the best option. If people have the control to ignore stupid messages, try and exercise that will when it comes to posts; starve a fire of oxygen, don't give those content to 'troll' the attention they need.

Ultimately if some are put off more by the lack of worthwhile discussion, don't shy away yourselves, that won't change the topics. Don't wait for someone else to post something and then moan if it doesn't interest you. Take it upon yourself to liven the discussions.

By *aywhatnowMan
over a year ago

North County

"Well u ain't practicing it either

Well longdinger...if i made comments like you have done,for shock value purposes and to purely irritate other users here,id be friendless very quick. I did point this out to you on the fuck a fiancee thread "

Lmfao

over a year ago

" good point dirty. "

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"I have only recently ventured on to the forums so obviously can't speak for what it used to be like.

Admittedly, along with threads, I have noticed that there may not be a lot of variety in terms of posters but again with no reference to previous times I didn't think much of it to be honest; felt a bit more like a close community that way I thought, in a good way obviously!

However, I'd be lying if I said some arguments and interactions haven't put me off posting more but I do realise that those are a minority, even in a more concentrated place like a sub forum; as mentioned it tends to be the same culprit(s) each time. So I understand if some wish to shy away or even stay away.

It does get tiresome but like the site in general if you wade through the melters there's reason to stay and there's certainly more than enough fun and welcoming folk on the forum as it is in my opinion to make a newbie, at least, hang about. I know it's hard to ignore something that maybe ticks you off but it really is the best option. If people have the control to ignore stupid messages, try and exercise that will when it comes to posts; starve a fire of oxygen, don't give those content to 'troll' the attention they need.

Ultimately if some are put off more by the lack of worthwhile discussion, don't shy away yourselves, that won't change the topics. Don't wait for someone else to post something and then moan if it doesn't interest you. Take it upon yourself to liven the discussions."

Out of a cloud comes a bright light well said and I hope u enjoy the forums for what they should be a bit of craic

over a year ago

It does make me wonder why some adults on forums, not just here tend to blame others for what they see as poor forum content...

Often the problem is they themselves feel threatned by new blood or have gone past their posting sell by date...

Just a thought...

Forums are only one small part of any swing site...

By *ar31Man
over a year ago

dublin

have to agree there a certain 2 and every bleeding tread there at it its childish and people are just sick of them now

over a year ago

"Would ye blame people staying away with the bullshit that goes on here? Smart comments,snide remarks and one upmanship are common place here lately. The funny part about it is i bet theyd not behave like this in the real world. Its a sad way to get their kicks i suppose have to agree there a certain 2 and every bleeding tread there at it its childish and people are just sick of them now"

So why not simply ignore them??

If two people were bickering near you in a bar, would you stop you drinking there?..

Why not just skip over their posts?..

By *ar31Man
over a year ago

dublin

"Would ye blame people staying away with the bullshit that goes on here? Smart comments,snide remarks and one upmanship are common place here lately. The funny part about it is i bet theyd not behave like this in the real world. Its a sad way to get their kicks i suppose have to agree there a certain 2 and every bleeding tread there at it its childish and people are just sick of them now

If two people were bickering near you in a bar, would you stop you drinking there?..

Why not just skip over their posts?.."

I do ignore them I nvr engage just sick at looking at there digs at each other on most threads

over a year ago

"Would ye blame people staying away with the bullshit that goes on here? Smart comments,snide remarks and one upmanship are common place here lately. The funny part about it is i bet theyd not behave like this in the real world. Its a sad way to get their kicks i suppose have to agree there a certain 2 and every bleeding tread there at it its childish and people are just sick of them now

Why not just skip over their posts?.. I do ignore them I nvr engage just sick at looking at there digs at each other on most threads"

I do get your point honestly, but simply ignore them, I used to knock myself out twisting with some here, now I just skip over their posts..

Out of respect for other forum users and myself of course

Happy fabbing

By *ar31Man
over a year ago

dublin

Why not just skip over their posts?.. I do ignore them I nvr engage just sick at looking at there digs at each other on most threads

I do get your point honestly, but simply ignore them, I used to knock myself out twisting with some here, now I just skip over their posts..

Out of respect for other forum users and myself of course

Happy fabbing "

haha that's what ill do

By *llie and ApplesCouple
over a year ago

where ever

This is getting boring...

time for a single guy, why can't I get a meet, sher' am'n-tie gorgeous thread...

Ollie...

By *otLips 69Woman
over a year ago

Here or There

*waits for the *

Did you know that a plane full of biscuits had to be flown into this country two weeks ago as we were seriously running short. True story.

over a year ago

Well now. But doesn't that take the biscuit.

over a year ago

"

Did you know that a plane full of biscuits had to be flown into this country two weeks ago as we were seriously running short. True story."

I hope they distributed the cargo evenly, 'Cos we all know what happens when they put the McVities at the back!

over a year ago

*waits for the *

Did you know that a plane full of biscuits had to be flown into this country two weeks ago as we were seriously running short. True story."

Not the fig rolls!!!!!!

over a year ago

My town

Mmmmm biscuits

over a year ago

Its pickin up again. Must be the Spring.

over a year ago

All I have noticed is the nutcases are on the rise again

over a year ago

My town

Whaaaaaaaa

over a year ago

Mad house is back

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

The fab house will always be a mad house.its like a mansion with hundreds of rooms where comments are the rooms. Its choosing the rooms with folk you want to interact with that makes it unique.so in my eyes ill choose wisely with those i want to talk to here or privatly. God gave us all a brain thankfully. Theres an isolated few who arent the prettiest poppies in the field when it comes to intelligence so leave them be. I found this works for me and being a wise oul burd, it hasnt steered me wrong yet

over a year ago

"The other forums have a much bigger population, all"

I am puzzled which forum stats are you looking at ??? The Scottish and Welsh forums have less than half the posts per month that the Irish forum has .

Post new Message to Thread