Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

one of those months!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Car insurance, motor tax, nct and licence renewal all on the same month. Dont think il be going any where for a while!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *randub69Man
over a year ago

city

"Car insurance, motor tax, nct and licence renewal all on the same month. Dont think il be going any where for a while! "

lol....ya won't need the car so..

By *osafewordneededMan
over a year ago

City

It will happen again this time next year too

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Car insurance, motor tax, nct and licence renewal all on the same month. Dont think il be going any where for a while! "

You're not doing so bad, if you can pay car tax and insurance for a year all in one go. I have to pay mine monthly, so instead of having a bad month once a year I have a bad month every month.

By *osafewordneededMan
over a year ago

City

It's worth paying in one go, you save a months worth of payments by doing it.

over a year ago

"It's worth paying in one go, you save a months worth of payments by doing it."

I'm sure you do, but sadly I can't afford that. I used to pay my car insurance outright, but can't this year. The car tax is worse, it really does cost so much more if it's not paid outright.

over a year ago

Mortgage, ESB, phone, Internet all due this week. Goodbye bank holiday weekend !

By *osafewordneededMan
over a year ago

City

"It's worth paying in one go, you save a months worth of payments by doing it.

I'm sure you do, but sadly I can't afford that. I used to pay my car insurance outright, but can't this year. The car tax is worse, it really does cost so much more if it's not paid outright. "

We got scammed on road tax when they linked it to car emmssions.

Everyone with small engines let out a sigh of relief when they seen what people with large engines would have to pay and thought "thank god", but the reality is everyone with every size engine is paying more tax now than they were before.

I think a 1l engine has gone up 40 - 50 euro in the past 5 years.

This is a total spit in the face of the idea behind the tax, to reward people for using smaller engines and polluting less. See when you pollute less the government gets to save money.

However the air is still poor quality despite everyone downgrading their cars, that's due to coal and peat burning etc.

All said and done, its just a way to get more tax from people with no concern for the enviroment at all.

over a year ago

"It's worth paying in one go, you save a months worth of payments by doing it.

I'm sure you do, but sadly I can't afford that. I used to pay my car insurance outright, but can't this year. The car tax is worse, it really does cost so much more if it's not paid outright.

We got scammed on road tax when they linked it to car emmssions.

Everyone with small engines let out a sigh of relief when they seen what people with large engines would have to pay and thought "thank god", but the reality is everyone with every size engine is paying more tax now than they were before.

I think a 1l engine has gone up 40 - 50 euro in the past 5 years.

This is a total spit in the face of the idea behind the tax, to reward people for using smaller engines and polluting less. See when you pollute less the government gets to save money.

However the air is still poor quality despite everyone downgrading their cars, that's due to coal and peat burning etc.

All said and done, its just a way to get more tax from people with no concern for the enviroment at all."

And I'm just going to have to comment here, because that's actually not fully true. Bigger engines pay more, incentives where brought out to get people to upgrade cars to get more fuel efficient car s on the road. Of course they'd link road tax to emissions it's the only way to do it. Now before you try disputing the fact I've no idea on what I'm talking about I've been studying this for me four years and just graduated with an honours degree in environmental science, make sure not to be leaving out all the facts next time, that's how pseudo science works and you wouldn't want to quote pseudo science would you

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

the only fair way to tax cars is to have a flat rate say € 30 euro and then add a few cent more the the price of a liter of fuel that way if you use the roads more you pay more. if you only drive to the shop once a week you will pay a lot less in tax than someone who drives 1000 km a week

By *osafewordneededMan
over a year ago

City

"And I'm just going to have to comment here, because that's actually not fully true. Bigger engines pay more, incentives where brought out to get people to upgrade cars to get more fuel efficient car s on the road. Of course they'd link road tax to emissions it's the only way to do it. Now before you try disputing the fact I've no idea on what I'm talking about I've been studying this for me four years and just graduated with an honours degree in environmental science, make sure not to be leaving out all the facts next time, that's how pseudo science works and you wouldn't want to quote pseudo science would you "

What are you talking about? What did you study?

Air pollution does not even pass WHO standards in Ireland, and tax on smaller engines has gone up, 40 to 50 euro, which is about 50% increase as those cars were taxed little before anyway.

Its been a scam.

Can you show me the figures that show that people are paying less to tax their car? Cause if you can't thats how psuedo politics works.

I graduated with a phd in it btw.

over a year ago

"the only fair way to tax cars is to have a flat rate say € 30 euro and then add a few cent more the the price of a liter of fuel that way if you use the roads more you pay more. if you only drive to the shop once a week you will pay a lot less in tax than someone who drives 1000 km a week"

But if someone drives a big jeep and uses that to do the school run and someone else drives a 1 litre Corsa to do the same school run only they shouldn't have to pay the same road tax

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"the only fair way to tax cars is to have a flat rate say € 30 euro and then add a few cent more the the price of a liter of fuel that way if you use the roads more you pay more. if you only drive to the shop once a week you will pay a lot less in tax than someone who drives 1000 km a week

But if someone drives a big jeep and uses that to do the school run and someone else drives a 1 litre Corsa to do the same school run only they shouldn't have to pay the same road tax "

they won't ! the mpg of a jeep is a lot worse than a 1 liter car therefore the jeep will pay more by using more fuel

over a year ago

"And I'm just going to have to comment here, because that's actually not fully true. Bigger engines pay more, incentives where brought out to get people to upgrade cars to get more fuel efficient car s on the road. Of course they'd link road tax to emissions it's the only way to do it. Now before you try disputing the fact I've no idea on what I'm talking about I've been studying this for me four years and just graduated with an honours degree in environmental science, make sure not to be leaving out all the facts next time, that's how pseudo science works and you wouldn't want to quote pseudo science would you

Air pollution does not even pass WHO standards in Ireland, and tax on smaller engines has gone up, 40 to 50 euro, which is about 50% increase as those cars were taxed little before anyway.

Its been a scam.

Can you show me the figures that show that people are paying less to tax their car? Cause if you can't thats how psuedo politics works.

I graduated with a phd in it btw."

I'm definitely not paying less. 1.4L engine and it costs €570 a year

over a year ago

"And I'm just going to have to comment here, because that's actually not fully true. Bigger engines pay more, incentives where brought out to get people to upgrade cars to get more fuel efficient car s on the road. Of course they'd link road tax to emissions it's the only way to do it. Now before you try disputing the fact I've no idea on what I'm talking about I've been studying this for me four years and just graduated with an honours degree in environmental science, make sure not to be leaving out all the facts next time, that's how pseudo science works and you wouldn't want to quote pseudo science would you

Its been a scam.

I graduated with a phd in it btw."

We've passed on every limit set by the EU except ammonia emissions and that has to do with farming not road transport.

Air quality in Ireland is actually pretty good, now I've only done limerick but on the hawksworth and rose scale it scored a G which would indicate a very good quality of air

over a year ago

"the only fair way to tax cars is to have a flat rate say € 30 euro and then add a few cent more the the price of a liter of fuel that way if you use the roads more you pay more. if you only drive to the shop once a week you will pay a lot less in tax than someone who drives 1000 km a week

But if someone drives a big jeep and uses that to do the school run and someone else drives a 1 litre Corsa to do the same school run only they shouldn't have to pay the same road tax

they won't ! the mpg of a jeep is a lot worse than a 1 liter car therefore the jeep will pay more by using more fuel"

Sorry didn't see you were factoring in mpg

over a year ago

"Mortgage, ESB, phone, Internet all due this week. Goodbye bank holiday weekend ! "

Yozer that's a lot!!

By *ardy cowboyMan
over a year ago

every wheat field around Midlands

"Mortgage, ESB, phone, Internet all due this week. Goodbye bank holiday weekend !

Yozer that's a lot!! "

car ran into back of baler this morning.car complety written off and not a thing on the windscreen.didnt call the guards felt sorry for the lad.do harm done to the baler.be carefull out there folks over long weekend.

over a year ago

"Mortgage, ESB, phone, Internet all due this week. Goodbye bank holiday weekend !

Yozer that's a lot!! car ran into back of baler this morning.car complety written off and not a thing on the windscreen.didnt call the guards felt sorry for the lad.do harm done to the baler.be carefull out there folks over long weekend."

It's all well and good being nice until you get a solicitors letter in the post for a pi claim.

over a year ago

Also curious to where you got your doctorate as I remember a while ago laid should you how to reference properly on a thread

By *ardy cowboyMan
over a year ago

every wheat field around Midlands

Yozer that's a lot!! car ran into back of baler this morning.car complety written off and not a thing on the windscreen.didnt call the guards felt sorry for the lad.do harm done to the baler.be carefull out there folks over long weekend.

It's all well and good being nice until you get a solicitors letter in the post for a pi claim. "

o god hope your wrong there.took lots of pics on phone.have his name and adress phone number etc.

over a year ago

Its been a scam.

I'm definitely not paying less. 1.4L engine and it costs €570 a year "

I ve a 2012 1.7 and tax is €280 a year.

Thank god - feel for the people with older cars

over a year ago

know how yea feel bills and child maintenance i paid today and I'm broke after it I don't how some people can spend all day the in pub and gamble what a joke.

over a year ago

Its been a scam.

I'm definitely not paying less. 1.4L engine and it costs €570 a year

I ve a 2012 1.7 and tax is €280 a year.

Thank god - feel for the people with older cars "

It's a 09 golf, not that old

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

im hoping to get a 79 ford capri soon enough road tax 30 quid nct exempt

By *cjoyCouple
over a year ago

Galway

Any month that you survive is a good month

Bills, tax, insurance, mortgage etc all have to be paid and some months it's harder than others I know that.

The way I look at it is, it can't be too bad if you've a roof over your head and food in your belly - there's plenty out there who haven't even that much.

Let's all be happy with our lot

Miss McJoy

By *auraxxWoman
over a year ago

east

Aww sorry you're having a tough month. We've all been there... batten down the hatches and pay day will roll round... plus bumping uglies is free (most of the time)

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"Aww sorry you're having a tough month. We've all been there... batten down the hatches and pay day will roll round... plus bumping uglies is free (most of the time) "

lol@ bumping uglies

By *auraxxWoman
over a year ago

east

"Aww sorry you're having a tough month. We've all been there... batten down the hatches and pay day will roll round... plus bumping uglies is free (most of the time)

lol@ bumping uglies"

Oh you and I are well versed on this hahaha

over a year ago

Road tax goes by vehicle weight in Australia not engine size like in Ireland. Taxing by engine size is nothing more than a wealth tax. It is a complete scam.

The last time I taxed my 4L v8 about 4 years ago it was over 1500 euro. My 2.5L was about 1200 I think.

I no longer have those cars anymore, mortgage is 30k in arrears, business destroyed by my ex wife. Talk about bad month. Try that one.

over a year ago

"Aww sorry you're having a tough month. We've all been there... batten down the hatches and pay day will roll round... plus bumping uglies is free (most of the time)

lol@ bumping uglies

Oh you and I are well versed

on this hahaha "

can you explain what bumping uglies is? I'm a tad niave and if it's what I think it means there's always a price

By *auraxxWoman
over a year ago

east

lol@ bumping uglies

Oh you and I are well versed

on this hahaha

can you explain what bumping uglies is? I'm a tad niave and if it's what I think it means there's always a price "

Ask laid

over a year ago

Hmmm love the golfs

over a year ago

"the only fair way to tax cars is to have a flat rate say € 30 euro and then add a few cent more the the price of a liter of fuel that way if you use the roads more you pay more. if you only drive to the shop once a week you will pay a lot less in tax than someone who drives 1000 km a week"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/07/15 17:11:46]

over a year ago

True, if motor tax was about maintaining roads and building new ones but it's not. It's not about reducing CO2 or anything else. It's about revenue raising.

Motorists are the most heavily taxed members of society. Look at all the taxes you have to pay just to run a car. If the average person wants to avoid taxes the best way to do it is to not own a car. That will probably reduce the amount of tax you pay by at least 50%.

over a year ago

I paid my car insurance over 2 years .it was grand the first year

over a year ago

"im hoping to get a 79 ford capri soon enough road tax 30 quid nct exempt "

Beautiful

black or mustard yellow were very popular back in the day

over a year ago

"im hoping to get a 79 ford capri soon enough road tax 30 quid nct exempt "

Already got one and the feckers even put tax up on that €56 euro a year now

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"im hoping to get a 79 ford capri soon enough road tax 30 quid nct exempt

Already got one and the feckers even put tax up on that €56 euro a year now "

daylight robbery !!!

over a year ago

"Aww sorry you're having a tough month. We've all been there... batten down the hatches and pay day will roll round... plus bumping uglies is free (most of the time) "

over a year ago

Lovely way of.looking at things I suppose! Still thought its a kick in the teeth, but im not.complaining..... sort of :p

over a year ago

Id rather be bumping hotties than bumping uglies :p but I get what ya mean!

Post new Message to Thread