Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

can appearances be deceiving

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can they? I'm just wondering this cause I was walking earlier to get to work tonight and an elderly woman made it her business to walk wide of me. Now I'm a tall fella big shoulders etc but everyone who knows me knows I'm a big pussycat who would of actually stood to one side for this elderly woman to get by.

So what do folks think? Yes? No?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *0shadesofashWoman
over a year ago

DUBLIN

"Can they? I'm just wondering this cause I was walking earlier to get to work tonight and an elderly woman made it her business to walk wide of me. Now I'm a tall fella big shoulders etc but everyone who knows me knows I'm a big pussycat who would of actually stood to one side for this elderly woman to get by.

So what do folks think? Yes? No? "

u should of shouted BOO and frightened the shite outta her haha

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Can they? I'm just wondering this cause I was walking earlier to get to work tonight and an elderly woman made it her business to walk wide of me. Now I'm a tall fella big shoulders etc but everyone who knows me knows I'm a big pussycat who would of actually stood to one side for this elderly woman to get by.

I'd have crossed the street

I hope they are deceiving otherwise every one knows I am a perve

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I recently had woman clutch her hand bag as i walked past her... i was very insulted by it, anyone here who has met me would agree that I'm an unlikely handbag snactcher.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

So what do folks think? Yes? No? u should of shouted BOO and frightened the shite outta her haha"

Ash ur bold

over a year ago

Yea i was out walking one time had a slight limp cause i fucked me knee up wearing a hoodie the cops pulled me over and started asking me questions,when they knew i was local and no trouble they drove off only there job i suppose.

over a year ago

Ever see the ad where the young couple walk into a cinema with nothing but leather clad bikers sitting there? They took their seats and eventually the whole place got up and applauded them. Sadly appearances count for too much in this life..book by its cover and all that. That or you farted and she swerved to avoid the gas cloud..

By *0shadesofashWoman
over a year ago

DUBLIN

So what do folks think? Yes? No? u should of shouted BOO and frightened the shite outta her haha

Ash ur bold "

haha I would of

over a year ago

Ppl tend to avoid me .because i usually dye my hair mad bright colours. Have tattoos and piercings . Walk around with big headphones on ..

im probably the quietest person youll ever meet..

I once helped an old couple by carrying all their shopping home as her push along bag had broken .a half hour walk in the opposite direction from where i was going

over a year ago

My mum was in the local years ago and this guy walked in. He was a punk with red spiky. This woman leaned across to my mum and said look at the state of that.

As he walked over he kissed my mum on the cheek.

She looked at the other woman and said, this is my son!!

She didn't know what to say!!

By *rutus83Man
over a year ago

naas

"Ppl tend to avoid me .because i usually dye my hair mad bright colours. Have tattoos and piercings . Walk around with big headphones on ..

I once helped an old couple by carrying all their shopping home as her push along bag had broken .a half hour walk in the opposite direction from where i was going "

Fuck fair play to you hun

over a year ago

"Ppl tend to avoid me .because i usually dye my hair mad bright colours. Have tattoos and piercings . Walk around with big headphones on ..

I once helped an old couple by carrying all their shopping home as her push along bag had broken .a half hour walk in the opposite direction from where i was going "

By *0shadesofashWoman
over a year ago

DUBLIN

"My mum was in the local years ago and this guy walked in. He was a punk with red spiky. This woman leaned across to my mum and said look at the state of that.

She didn't know what to say!! "

haha say she was sick

over a year ago

"My mum was in the local years ago and this guy walked in. He was a punk with red spiky. This woman leaned across to my mum and said look at the state of that.

She didn't know what to say!! "

lol that's gas, serves that woman right for passing judgement!!

over a year ago

She didn't know what to say!!

lol that's gas, serves that woman right for passing judgement!! "

exactly. Moooooo!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/07/15 20:20:36]

over a year ago

"iv always help the elderly when I can,

people complain today how life is hard today,

the older generation live to the hardest times our country have seen, one day we will be that age, "

over a year ago

I'm always being mistaken for a Garda. Last Xmas I was shopping in Waterford and went for a coffee. I sat into a seat nd noticed a handbag under the chair. I had noticed the lady who had just left the seat and seen where she had gone. I followed her and asked her did she forget something. She nearly cried when I handed her back the bag. She had her Xmas shopping savings in the bag and was shopping for presents.

Anyway, she said that she felt lucky that a Garda had found the bag. I told her that I wasn't a Garda that I was just honest. She told me that she would have sworn that I was a Garda. She almost looked disappointed.

That's only 1 example.

over a year ago

I don't think it's personal. Unfortunately it's the society we live in and there are baddies out there. Older people are just been on their guard. Sad but true.

By *randub69Man
over a year ago

city

"I'm always being mistaken for a Garda. Last Xmas I was shopping in Waterford and went for a coffee. I sat into a seat nd noticed a handbag under the chair. I had noticed the lady who had just left the seat and seen where she had gone. I followed her and asked her did she forget something. She nearly cried when I handed her back the bag. She had her Xmas shopping savings in the bag and was shopping for presents.

Anyway, she said that she felt lucky that a Garda had found the bag. I told her that I wasn't a Garda that I was just honest. She told me that she would have sworn that I was a Garda. She almost looked disappointed.

That's only 1 example. "

lol. if that doesn't win the wimmen of fab over,nothing will

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Happens all the time cousin boyfriend has the look of a thug as everyone would say if they met him. This lad is as soft as butter, openly admits he cries at everything. Says people can be very rude to him and has been accused of all sorts. He's a pure pet and big softy.

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

I'm always being told I look like a nurse. Not sure what a nurse looks like

over a year ago

My lil bro gets stares every where he goes, massive plug/hole things in his ears, shaved head and tattoos and piercings and the obligatory black clothes. Yet he's the sweetest nicest funniest little fecker in the world!

over a year ago

"My lil bro gets stares every where he goes, massive plug/hole things in his ears, shaved head and tattoos and piercings and the obligatory black clothes. Yet he's the sweetest nicest funniest little fecker in the world! "

If I walk down the beach in the depths of winter with a mankini I'll get stares too. It's not always about been intimidated but because you are very different from what would be generally percieved as the norm and stand out

over a year ago

I once helped an old couple by carrying all their shopping home

as her push along bag had broken .a half hour walk in the opposite direction from where i was going "

over a year ago

"My lil bro gets stares every where he goes, massive plug/hole things in his ears, shaved head and tattoos and piercings and the obligatory black clothes. Yet he's the sweetest nicest funniest little fecker in the world!

If I walk down the beach in the depths of winter with a mankini I'll get stares too. It's not always about been intimidated but because you are very different from what would be generally percieved as the norm and stand out "

I actually love someone who is different and stands out from the norm,and if I were to stare at them I would probably be with a big goofy grin of awe and respect. It can be easy to comply with mainstream trends,but it takes someone special to stand up and stand out. Embrace our eccentricities and accentuate our differences. Become exceptional rather than mediocre

over a year ago

"My lil bro gets stares every where he goes, massive plug/hole things in his ears, shaved head and tattoos and piercings and the obligatory black clothes. Yet he's the sweetest nicest funniest little fecker in the world!

If I walk down the beach in the depths of winter with a mankini I'll get stares too. It's not always about been intimidated but because you are very different from what would be generally percieved as the norm and stand out

I actually love someone who is different and stands out from the norm,and if I were to stare at them I would probably be with a big goofy grin of awe and respect. It can be easy to comply with mainstream trends,but it takes someone special to stand up and stand out. Embrace our eccentricities and accentuate our differences. Become exceptional rather than mediocre"

Well said. Kitty for president

over a year ago

I was waling to the local centra with my bull terrier a few yeas ago and there was a little kid out the front that burst into tears at the sight of my dog.

Another time when I was 18 and use to dress as a punk, a little kid came up to me in a shop and started hitting me. lol

over a year ago

Maybe she is a member here and reconised you from your pics

over a year ago

So what do folks think? Yes? No?

Maybe she is a member here and reconised you from your pics "

I somehow doubt that especially considering its kitty in most of the public pics

Post new Message to Thread