Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Adult dating site hacked

Jump to newest

By *eel good factor OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

Was just reading the Journal.ie and see where an adult dating site was hacked in Canada. The site has over 40,000 Irish user's. The hacker's are threatening to post members details online if the dating site does not take its services off line. Could this happen with this site ??

Your thoughts...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you are consenting adults who cares if they expose the site at the end of the day people come on here at there own risk and if yo are on here without your husband / wife / partner knowing then you don't have much respect for them

over a year ago

"Was just reading the Journal.ie and see where an adult dating site was hacked in Canada. The site has over 40,000 Irish user's. The hacker's are threatening to post members details online if the dating site does not take its services off line. Could this happen with this site ??

Your thoughts..."

Of course it could, all security can be overridden on the internet.

over a year ago

Just be careful who you introduce to the site, other than that this not much that can be done

over a year ago

The site in questioned is Ashley Madison. A site for cheating on your partner. That's their selling point. The hackers want to expose the cheaters. This site is a little different. It's branded with the opinion your better half knows what you are doing. It's more transparent. Most people make it clear they don't want to get involved with others personal lives on this. I think this site has a better moral approach so I don't think it will be a target.

over a year ago

There has been several instances here where someone has collected pictures & usernames & stuck them on something called bookface. I suppose they're not real names but I'd say these people got a bit of a shock.

over a year ago

"The site in questioned is Ashley Madison. A site for cheating on your partner. That's their selling point. The hackers want to expose the cheaters. This site is a little different. It's branded with the opinion your better half knows what you are doing. It's more transparent. Most people make it clear they don't want to get involved with others personal lives on this. I think this site has a better moral approach so I don't think it will be a target."

No one has the right to sit in judgement of another person, especialy a group of faceless cowards sitting at their computers , hacking into peoples private accounts via a supposedly secure website!.

Any site can be compromised, infact many swingers including myself have had their private pictures stolen and posted on other sites along with personal details.

In my case by a fellow user, intent on causing as much damage as possible.

As a result, I will never upload pics again, will never share facepics ect.

over a year ago

"The site in questioned is Ashley Madison. A site for cheating on your partner. That's their selling point. The hackers want to expose the cheaters. This site is a little different. It's branded with the opinion your better half knows what you are doing. It's more transparent. Most people make it clear they don't want to get involved with others personal lives on this. I think this site has a better moral approach so I don't think it will be a target.

No one has the right to sit in judgement of another person, especialy a group of faceless cowards sitting at their computers , hacking into peoples private accounts via a supposedly secure website!.

Any site can be compromised, infact many swingers including myself have had their private pictures stolen and posted on other sites along with personal details.

"

Hope I didn't offend you.. And your point is very true and has made me think about making my photos private. Although I have nothing that would embarrass me in this site. Although I wouldn't want to be exposed

over a year ago

"The site in questioned is Ashley Madison. A site for cheating on your partner. That's their selling point. The hackers want to expose the cheaters. This site is a little different. It's branded with the opinion your better half knows what you are doing. It's more transparent. Most people make it clear they don't want to get involved with others personal lives on this. I think this site has a better moral approach so I don't think it will be a target.

"

It's happened to us all here and prob happen again and would never have known bar another fabber told me. I've also seen fake profiles cross verify each other on this site and allsorts but I'm here for a reason and genuine and don't see anybody judging anyone the thread was actually put up to highlight the fact it's happened that's all

By *aftdave1Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Was just reading the Journal.ie and see where an adult dating site was hacked in Canada. The site has over 40,000 Irish user's. The hacker's are threatening to post members details online if the dating site does not take its services off line. Could this happen with this site ??

Your thoughts..."

C

cool site hacked I might get a date out of it then I've to go and sign in and see if I got mail

over a year ago

"The site in questioned is Ashley Madison. A site for cheating on your partner. That's their selling point. The hackers want to expose the cheaters. This site is a little different. It's branded with the opinion your better half knows what you are doing. It's more transparent. Most people make it clear they don't want to get involved with others personal lives on this. I think this site has a better moral approach so I don't think it will be a target."

By *uaveGentMan
over a year ago

dublin

"The site in questioned is Ashley Madison. A site for cheating on your partner. That's their selling point. The hackers want to expose the cheaters. This site is a little different. It's branded with the opinion your better half knows what you are doing. It's more transparent. Most people make it clear they don't want to get involved with others personal lives on this. I think this site has a better moral approach so I don't think it will be a target. "

Many people would be quite concerned about their family or neighbours finding out. Not quite as earth shattering as a cheating partner but you can see scenarios where harmful life consequences do occur - teachers losing jobs, religious parents cutting off communication, assholes down the local shouting their mouths off.

over a year ago

Hope I didn't offend you.. And your point is very true and has made me think about making my photos private. Although I have nothing that would embarrass me in this site. Although I wouldn't want to be exposed "

God no you did not offend me.

It just angers me that a few faceless people can sit behind their screens, hack into websites and steal private information for whatever reason.

I was simply picking up on your point that it would be unlikely to happen on swinging sites ect.

Swingers get a really bad press from the general public at large, little sympathy when the gutter press et al choose to target us.

Plus my comments on stolen pics ect, highlights the fact that sites are populated by people who can cause damage to others.

over a year ago

I bet there is a lot of worried people out there who are on that site .

over a year ago

It happens all the time. No site is unhackable. Unfortunately sites like this are targeted because of the blackmail potential.

By *aguar777Man
over a year ago

Dublin

They can hack away,i,ve nothing to hide.

over a year ago

Don't most people use a specific email address for setting up these accounts. I would never use my personal or work email for any websites. Never. I also would not give personal info like name and address to a site like this or any other.

Safe sex. Safe surfing.

over a year ago

Well any site supporters could have payment info stored which I'm guessing includes a real name and address. Also anyone with facepics (even private ones) could potentially have them nicked too. It really depends upon exactly what info fab stores on its users.

over a year ago

"Well any site supporters could have payment info stored which I'm guessing includes a real name and address. Also anyone with facepics (even private ones) could potentially have them nicked too. It really depends upon exactly what info fab stores on its users. "
I think data protection laws in most countries would preclude any site from storing that type of stuff. Credit card charges here are not recurring. You have to manually put it in every time. Also a third party does the clearing and payment handling.

over a year ago

"It happens all the time. No site is unhackable. Unfortunately sites like this are targeted because of the blackmail potential. "

Post new Message to Thread