Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Social Media

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wondering what peoples opinion are on the likes of Isil/Isis supporters on certain social media sites which shall remain nameless FB making rather nasty comments as im sure some may have seen regarding Tunisia what you think should these comments be banned? or allow them free speech ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Just wondering what peoples opinion are on the likes of Isil/Isis supporters on certain social media sites which shall remain nameless FB making rather nasty comments as im sure some may have seen regarding Tunisia what you think should these comments be banned? or allow them free speech ?"

They should be tracked down and dropped in the artic circle in the nude with bombs stuck to their genitals, shower of cunts they are...

By *antyfetishTV/TS
over a year ago

Collooney/Sligo/Dublin

"Just wondering what peoples opinion are on the likes of Isil/Isis supporters on certain social media sites which shall remain nameless FB making rather nasty comments as im sure some may have seen regarding Tunisia what you think should these comments be banned? or allow them free speech ?

They should be tracked down and dropped in the artic circle in the nude with bombs stuck to their genitals, shower of cunts they are..."

true...but why are the big guns staying silent...i say a map of north africa on sky news the other nite and it makes frughtning viewing...like how nazi germany started and lkok what happened then..no need talking to these fanactics...fight fire with fire...

over a year ago

The thing about these fuckers tho is that they are spread all over the world,its hard to find um until they strike, but they need to be eradicated now!!! No where in the world is safe with these cunts on the loose...

over a year ago

"The thing about these fuckers tho is that they are spread all over the world,its hard to find um until they strike, but they need to be eradicated now!!! No where in the world is safe with these cunts on the loose..."

By *ammerandthongsCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Unfortunately it's a war of stealth using good nature of societies to try destroy them. Racism while a terrible thing is used as a shield to allow movements plan and execute these strikes. Religions that have always been strict and honourable in their beliefs are being used by extremists to commit foul attrocities. On a lighter note happy weekend everyone.

over a year ago

"Unfortunately it's a war of stealth using good nature of societies to try destroy them. Racism while a terrible thing is used as a shield to allow movements plan and execute these strikes. Religions that have always been strict and honourable in their beliefs are being used by extremists to commit foul attrocities. On a lighter note happy weekend everyone."

Brilliant Happy weekend

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Have we learned so little from history? Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden would have been insignificant individuals far far away if the western powers hadn't taken them and elevated their status by supplying them with weapons and military know how because they were useful at the time. Unfortunately when the genie gets out of the bottle it's pretty tricky getting it back in. During the Arab spring revolutions we aided the enemies of "our" enemies in the hope that they'd be nice to us afterwards. That hasn't gone well do far. As for Egypt, we gave two fingers to democracy as we liked the other side a bit better so we backed them over the democratically elected government. Syria has us totally confused. We support a murdering tyrannical despot simply because, well, he's not the others that we don't like. I have no idea what the answer is now but further meddling in distant countries with different cultures is not it. If we had listened to various commentators like Robert Fisk and others years ago who warned of what would follow from our meddling, then we might not have ended up creating this disaster. Ah, sweet memories of the seventies and eighties and the US crusade against those goddam democratically elected commies in central America. "We" sure fixed them with our support for drug dealing tyrannical militia groups. Yeehaw!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Is it just propaganda thru social media or propaganda in general you have a problem with?

When it comes to propaganda and brainwashing Isis is like the little kid to the wests big brother

over a year ago

I wish they had better music though, I can't understand what they're wailing about, can't read their little flags either. ISIL need SUBTITLES.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"

I wish they had better music though, I can't understand what they're wailing about, can't read their little flags either. ISIL need SUBTITLES."

"Get jack out" was 1 of the flags I saw translated. See they're just like us

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"

I wish they had better music though, I can't understand what they're wailing about, can't read their little flags either. ISIL need SUBTITLES.

"Get jack out" was 1 of the flags I saw translated. See they're just like us "

it would be funny if two on their flags said "careful now " and " down with this sort of thing"

over a year ago

"

it would be funny if two on their flags said "careful now " and " down with this sort of thing" "

Better still if they had a joker who did a "JOHN: 3:16" sign...

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"

it would be funny if two on their flags said "careful now " and " down with this sort of thing" "

There was a flag at one of those pride parades recently that cnn reported as being an ISIS/ISIL flag. When zoomed in on it was clearly made up of little dildoes rather than Islamic lettering. They had a close up of it on their website with a big headline about this scandal. They dropped it when they eventually realised their mistake

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"

it would be funny if two on their flags said "careful now " and " down with this sort of thing"

Better still if they had a joker who did a "JOHN: 3:16" sign..."

3:16? what does that one say? John 3:7 is the only one I've seen about needing to be reborn. That must explain why we're always trying to get into pussies?

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Its definitely not "john 3:16"

over a year ago

"Is it just propaganda thru social media or propaganda in general you have a problem with?

When it comes to propaganda and brainwashing Isis is like the little kid to the wests big brother"

They don't need propaganda. They have something worse. Its called a violent interpretation of a peaceful religion

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Its definitely not "john 3:16" "

I swear I didn't see candys post and thought myself it was john 3 16

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Is it just propaganda thru social media or propaganda in general you have a problem with?

When it comes to propaganda and brainwashing Isis is like the little kid to the wests big brother

They don't need propaganda. They have something worse. Its called a violent interpretation of a peaceful religion "

Lol, reminds me of the Spanish inquisition and the good old days when rape, plunder and pillage were honourable things when you did them to the heathen savages and the Irish. Ah, nostalgia!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

They don't need propaganda. They have something worse. Its called a violent interpretation of a peaceful religion "

True. And isis are no saints either

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Its definitely not "john 3:16"

I swear I didn't see candys post and thought myself it was john 3 16 "

There was a banner at the All Ireland final a few years back.. John 3:7

Kerry 2:11

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

nobody expects the spanish inquisition !!!!!!

over a year ago

I swear I didn't see candys post and thought myself it was john 3 16 "

You ignoring me again Hal....?

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

You ignoring me again Hal....?"

Hard to ignore ur new avatar pic candy

U must love that 3 16 passage too

"He put his left leg in and his left leg out he put his left leg in and he shook it all about"

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"He put his left leg in and his left leg out he put his left leg in and he shook it all about""

The guy who wrote that song died some time ago. The funeral was a disaster. The wake had been fine but as the went to put him in the coffin it all went wrong. They put his left leg in and it all went downhill from there

over a year ago

"He put his left leg in and his left leg out he put his left leg in and he shook it all about"

The guy who wrote that song died some time ago. The funeral was a disaster. The wake had been fine but as the went to put him in the coffin it all went wrong. They put his left leg in and it all went downhill from there "

By *antyfetishTV/TS
over a year ago

Collooney/Sligo/Dublin

"Have we learned so little from history? Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden would have been insignificant individuals far far away if the western powers hadn't taken them and elevated their status by supplying them with weapons and military know how because they were useful at the time. Unfortunately when the genie gets out of the bottle it's pretty tricky getting it back in. During the Arab spring revolutions we aided the enemies of "our" enemies in the hope that they'd be nice to us afterwards. That hasn't gone well do far. As for Egypt, we gave two fingers to democracy as we liked the other side a bit better so we backed them over the democratically elected government. Syria has us totally confused. We support a murdering tyrannical despot simply because, well, he's not the others that we don't like. I have no idea what the answer is now but further meddling in distant countries with different cultures is not it. If we had listened to various commentators like Robert Fisk and others years ago who warned of what would follow from our meddling, then we might not have ended up creating this disaster. Ah, sweet memories of the seventies and eighties and the US crusade against those goddam democratically elected commies in central America. "We" sure fixed them with our support for drug dealing tyrannical militia groups. Yeehaw! "

what! say that again...lol

By *osafewordneededMan
over a year ago

City

You should abide by the law of the country you are situated in, and not where the server or website is located. If they are allowed say them things in their country and its okay in the country where the server is hosted, then I have no problem with it.

Isis are a failed CIA attempt to lure Iran into a war in syria. Why are so many of them from France, Uk, America? We allowed them all to go over. Why when Syria started fighting them first did we call them "freedom fighters", and now we are thinking of bombing them on behalf of syria?

The CIA thought that if these types of muslim took Syria, and then got a foothold in Iran or cause Iran to react that the "right type" of middle eastern would then get control of oil.

Iran was pretty smart, they didnt get drawn in, they helped syria hold a line, they seen the plan and they didn't play to it.

So a lot of muslims we let go over and get radicalized, now return. The people who radicalized them feel betrayed by the west, and to the "wrong types" of muslim.

Ask yourself what Ireland would be like if we got bombed from war planes for attacks the IRA did, ask yourself what happened in Ireland when Britain executed IRA/Suspected IRA prisoners. Didn't it make IRA membership swell? We are turning the midline against us.

If we start being civilised about the whole thing now, maybe our grandchildren wont have to put up with it.

over a year ago

The IRA can't be compared to ISIS completely different

over a year ago

"The IRA can't be compared to ISIS completely different "

I'm sure their victims families think of them as similar

over a year ago

Agree with the post 100%

over a year ago

"The IRA can't be compared to ISIS completely different

I'm sure their victims families think of them as similar "

I'm not saying that but one started as a legitimate group to free Ireland from the control of Britain, I don't condone the methods used or anything they are a different thing all together. I won't go into it here, also could you kindly please not reply to me as I don't want anything to with you.

By *osafewordneededMan
over a year ago

City

"I'm not saying that but one started as a legitimate group to free Ireland from the control of Britain, I don't condone the methods used or anything they are a different thing all together."

And ISIS want to set up an Islamic state free from the control of the west.

It's pretty similar goal.

Although that wasn't my point, my point was they recruit the same way, they operate generally the same way. We know if we execute them one by one we draw all the muslims from iraq into their ranks. Thats just the way it is.

over a year ago

"I'm not saying that but one started as a legitimate group to free Ireland from the control of Britain, I don't condone the methods used or anything they are a different thing all together.

And ISIS want to set up an Islamic state free from the control of the west.

It's pretty similar goal.

Although that wasn't my point, my point was they recruit the same way, they operate generally the same way. We know if we execute them one by one we draw all the muslims from iraq into their ranks. Thats just the way it is."

No it's not a similar goal? One was to free Ireland from the tyranny and oppression of the English that was suffered for 800 years the other is using religion to justify a war on the west to keep their people down as they don't agree with western ideologies and basic human rights/freedom

over a year ago

I don't condone any of the atrocities committed but I just wanted to prove that parallel that was drawn between them by nosafe is wrong. Cardinal Donal drew the same parallel recently and was also told it was nonsensical

By *osafewordneededMan
over a year ago

City

"No it's not a similar goal? One was to free Ireland from the tyranny and oppression of the English that was suffered for 800 years the other is using religion to justify a war on the west to keep their people down as they don't agree with western ideologies and basic human rights/freedom"

Nonsense.

ISIS feel they have been opressed, and the victims of tyranny. That is why we orginally called them freedom fighters, its why so many were allowed into europe as immigrants to escape opression.

Secondly, they feel the west has played a part in them being opressed, and their goal is to take land and create a country where they can be free, land that belonged to the people of their religion before.

Just like you dont view them as having a legitimate cause, many viewed the IRA as having no legitimate cause.

They are similar enough for the comparison to be made about how we are just feeding their ranks.

over a year ago

Are you drawing said comparison from the original, the provisional, the continuity, the real or the new? They aren't the same either you see. It's a very complicated thing but yes the IRA became a terrorist organization and it's original goal was corrupted by greed, money etc.. and in that light a parallel can be drawn as both were terrorists

over a year ago

Fab isn't the best place to be debating this so we should agree to disagree

By *osafewordneededMan
over a year ago

City

"Are you drawing said comparison from the original, the provisional, the continuity, the real or the new? They aren't the same either you see. It's a very complicated thing but yes the IRA became a terrorist organization and it's original goal was corrupted by greed, money etc.. and in that light a parallel can be drawn as both were terrorists"

I assume you were talking about the same one as me, as you said you couldn't condone their tactics. Unless you don't condone the tactics of the people who freed us.

Anyway im gonna go have sex with a gorgeous girl x

over a year ago

"Are you drawing said comparison from the original, the provisional, the continuity, the real or the new? They aren't the same either you see. It's a very complicated thing but yes the IRA became a terrorist organization and it's original goal was corrupted by greed, money etc.. and in that light a parallel can be drawn as both were terrorists

I assume you were talking about the same one as me, as you said you couldn't condone their tactics. Unless you don't condone the tactics of the people who freed us.

Anyway im gonna go have sex with a gorgeous girl x"

Have fun

Post new Message to Thread