Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Whats the story?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, what's the deal here. I have mailed at least 50 women on here at this stage with varying results. Some women have been too rude not to even reply. Even when I fall into their catagory - genuine male between a certain age etc. So to he'll with them I say. Then you have ladies who take the time out to come back to me. And some of them are great fun to chat to. But what I'm having trouble getting my head around is not knowing what to say to hold their interest. If I try to be courteous and polite and enquire as to how their day is going, I normally don't get a reply. Maybe they see this as boring? Then on the other hand if I ask them what they are 'into' the messages either remain unread or deleted. Obviously a pervert there then. Surely there is a happy medium. What am I doing wrong. I know that us lads outnumber the ladies and women by 100 - 1 or something, but surely there are some genuine ladies here who are actually interested in the stuff that their profile claims they are interested in? I have followed all the normal 'rules' - no cock pics on public view etc etc. Am I doing something wrong. Is there a secret handshake or code word that I don't know yet. If so will one of you sound people mail it to me. Cheers.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ingerrrrWoman
over a year ago

Meath

You're only here 2 weeks. You've got to give it time.

Remember the 100-1 thing?

We get asked "how was your day/weekend" multiple times.. I've actually copy/pasted same reply to 5 or 6 messages on occasion.

You need to use the art of conversation, if you find a point of mutual interest,(apart from sex- in my mind) use that to keep the conversation going.

As for the "what are you in to" question.. That's just a guy looking for wank fodder.

My usual reply to that, if I reply, is unicorns, rainbows and walks on the beach.

over a year ago

"You're only here 2 weeks. You've got to give it time.

We get asked "how was your day/weekend" multiple times.. I've actually copy/pasted same reply to 5 or 6 messages on occasion.

You need to use the art of conversation, if you find a point of mutual interest,(apart from sex- in my mind) use that to keep the conversation going.

As for the "what are you in to" question.. That's just a guy looking for wank fodder.

My usual reply to that, if I reply, is unicorns, rainbows and walks on the beach. "

Unicorns. Lol.....

over a year ago

"You're only here 2 weeks. You've got to give it time.

My usual reply to that, if I reply, is unicorns, rainbows and walks on the beach. "

But it's hard to find mutual interests when the other person doesn't open up..... Unlike the fairer sex, men are not mind readers. I understand the point about my not being here a long time. That suggests a prejudice towards newbies. That would not be fair. Everyone was a newbie here on their first day.

By *ingerrrrWoman
over a year ago

Meath

No one is prejudice against newbies, but you have to remember there's probably guys on here months and months that have been chatting to us ladies on and off.

I know for myself I don't meet someone after 2 messages.. So it takes time to build up rapport.

Stick with it! Best of luck.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

" I understand the point about my not being here a long time. That suggests a prejudice towards newbies. That would not be fair. Everyone was a newbie here on their first day. "

people soon forget that .....

over a year ago

"No one is prejudice against newbies, but you have to remember there's probably guys on here months and months that have been chatting to us ladies on and off.

I know for myself I don't meet someone after 2 messages.. So it takes time to build up rapport.

Stick with it! Best of luck. "

Post new Message to Thread