Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Amsterdam!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know ye're probably sick of being asked....

But we're newbies to the city...really want to make the most of it..

We're there Sunday to Thursday..

Please lovely peeps... Just a little advice... Promise we'll owe ya one

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ublin2015Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

Id get a tour of the red light district, its very interesting. Its also interesting to sit outdoors and watch what happens.

There's a swinger club on a boat in the harbour, i forget the name but its meant to be ok? Havent been yet.

Sex toys in the red light district are fairly expensive (love honey is much cheaper!)

Theres a sex museum and an erotic museum, both worth a visit. Tons of art museums too, and the Anne Frank house.

Theres a GREAT stripclub right in the red light district (its near the church) i forget its name but its female friendly, doesn't seem exploitative and its not sleazy. Google should help

Obviously coffee shops are fun too

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

and surrounding areas

"Id get a tour of the red light district, its very interesting. Its also interesting to sit outdoors and watch what happens.

There's a swinger club on a boat in the harbour, i forget the name but its meant to be ok? Havent been yet.

Sex toys in the red light district are fairly expensive (love honey is much cheaper!)

Theres a sex museum and an erotic museum, both worth a visit. Tons of art museums too, and the Anne Frank house.

Theres a GREAT stripclub right in the red light district (its near the church) i forget its name but its female friendly, doesn't seem exploitative and its not sleazy. Google should help

Obviously coffee shops are fun too "

Wow you know your stuff maybe we should ask you about a place before we book

Mrs crazy

over a year ago

Excellent!! Really good advice there & much appreciated

By *ickirishallsortsMan
over a year ago

Lickie Manor

I've been there again recently and I love the city. I spent 4 days riding nonstop. Its just so effortless. It took about a week for my bottom to recover. You can ride anywhere. Everyones doing it. Even the law enforcement officials. Trust me when I tell you, but the only way to really enjoy your weekend is to hire a pair of bicycles. The bicycle, is enshrined into law as the primary mode of transport and as such has priority over taxis, cars, and trams. You will get anywhere in the city faster on a bike than any other mode of transport, rain or shine. Its great fun and its a great way to see the city.

If your looking for a really wonderful place to eat you have to ride over to a restaurant called Van Kerkwijk, on Nes, not far from Dam Square, its a wonderfully friendly place, and the food is just fantastic. I promise, you will not be disappointed here. Its tucked away on a beautiful street with a great selection of very interesting places to dine.

Top Tip: never ask a Dutch woman to "sit on your face", in a 'shilly Dutch akshent'!

Feel free to pm me and I'll give you some other pointers.

By *squaredCouple
over a year ago

Dublin/westmeath/kildare

We just went with flow over there. Take a night boat of city its very romantic. If your planning on doing a few attractions get a card first, you skip lines which can be long this time of year. I spent 3hours in van gogh place & it was best time ever, near huge Amsterdam sign, easy to get to by train. For food i watched people & figured out where was busy but we didn't have a bad meal on trip. Don't sit in a bar, have a drink in 1 move to next try different drink, so many lovely beer - no hangover in morning either & we were out for ages. Feel in love with cherry beer, sweet yet bitter tones & very refreshing.

Don't leave without going to pancake house, its not what u expect, so many different toppings.

Don't do red light in day time still get shivers from some of what i saw when i ended up in Irish red light at 3.

I found toys well priced '& they use aa batteries so easy to replace them until n battery with toys from Ireland.

Don't give money to beggers as u will b in trouble, its illegal over there.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

And watch out for trams !! They come out of nowhere and hit stoned tourist all the time

over a year ago

"I've been there again recently and I love the city. I spent 4 days riding nonstop. Its just so effortless. It took about a week for my bottom to recover. You can ride anywhere. Everyones doing it. Even the law enforcement officials. Trust me when I tell you, but the only way to really enjoy your weekend is to hire a pair of bicycles. The bicycle, is enshrined into law as the primary mode of transport and as such has priority over taxis, cars, and trams. You will get anywhere in the city faster on a bike than any other mode of transport, rain or shine. Its great fun and its a great way to see the city.

If your looking for a really wonderful place to eat you have to ride over to a restaurant called Van Kerkwijk, on Nes, not far from Dam Square, its a wonderfully friendly place, and the food is just fantastic. I promise, you will not be disappointed here. Its tucked away on a beautiful street with a great selection of very interesting places to dine.

Top Tip: never ask a Dutch woman to "sit on your face", in a 'shilly Dutch akshent'!

Feel free to pm me and I'll give you some other pointers. "

Okaaaaay!!

Thanks Lick... You clearly know the place well...

over a year ago

"We just went with flow over there. Take a night boat of city its very romantic. If your planning on doing a few attractions get a card first, you skip lines which can be long this time of year. I spent 3hours in van gogh place & it was best time ever, near huge Amsterdam sign, easy to get to by train. For food i watched people & figured out where was busy but we didn't have a bad meal on trip. Don't sit in a bar, have a drink in 1 move to next try different drink, so many lovely beer - no hangover in morning either & we were out for ages. Feel in love with cherry beer, sweet yet bitter tones & very refreshing.

Don't leave without going to pancake house, its not what u expect, so many different toppings.

Don't do red light in day time still get shivers from some of what i saw when i ended up in Irish red light at 3.

I found toys well priced '& they use aa batteries so easy to replace them until n battery with toys from Ireland.

Don't give money to beggers as u will b in trouble, its illegal over there."

Excellent advice... esp bout the beer.. mmm

over a year ago

"And watch out for trams !! They come out of nowhere and hit stoned tourist all the time"

God Forbid!!

Thanks

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

And don't kiss any mounted cops horse on the lips,you'll get a 90 euro fine

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Dont take mushrooms.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Dont take mushrooms. "

You can't get them anymore, they are banned psychedelic truffles are the new thing

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Dont take mushrooms. "

Take the peyote cactus instead.

over a year ago

"Dont take mushrooms. "

Boo sucks! You're not much of a funghi...

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"Dont take mushrooms.

Boo sucks! You're not much of a funghi..."

Oh we both know that's not true.

over a year ago

"Dont take mushrooms.

Oh we both know that's not true. "

Jesus.. I'm getting worried

Brilliant!!!!!

By *ublin2015Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Id get a tour of the red light district, its very interesting. Its also interesting to sit outdoors and watch what happens.

Obviously coffee shops are fun too

Wow you know your stuff maybe we should ask you about a place before we book

Mrs crazy "

Ive been a few times

over a year ago

How u getting there!? Just looked at flights and they are not cheap considering it's not that far away!

I thought Ryanair would fill there but they only go to Eindhoven!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Eindhoven is just an hour away on train

over a year ago

"Dont take mushrooms.

Oh we both know that's not true. "

Lol! I like the way mushrooms grow in the dark...

By *auraxxWoman
over a year ago

east

Go wander through the jordaan area. I love it there and go to winkel 43! It has the best apple pie ever!!

over a year ago

"Go wander through the jordaan area. I love it there and go to winkel 43! It has the best apple pie ever!!"

Thanks Laura! Is that apple pie with a little extra....?

By *auraxxWoman
over a year ago

east

Mmmm cream x

By *auraxxWoman
over a year ago

east

[Removed by poster at 11/06/15 12:40:38]

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"Dont take mushrooms.

Oh we both know that's not true.

Lol! I like the way mushrooms grow in the dark... "

They're fed loads of bullshit?

By *oost28Man
over a year ago

amsterdam

If you like to do Anne Frank House try to get some online tickets if they haven't sold out yet, skip the enormous line! Any other questions feel free to pm me, I am living here.

over a year ago

Actually would love to visit the museum

So is the weather good??

By *igerclawsCouple
over a year ago

cork

Hey guy's it's very hard to explain what Amsterdam is like, you can get names and places but when you arrive all that goes to one side!!! Finding your own way is the best way so much to see and do !!! You just can't get it all in, in a few days, just stand in dam square and goto the shopping streets one is to the left and one to the right and shop till you drop !! shoes !! handbags !! Clothes ohh !!bring an empty case as you will need it !! if ye decided to do some shopping mark our words.People don't think of it for shopping but if ye do the bargains ye can get are unreal. So in saying all that have a ball !!

over a year ago

I've been three times, the last was maybe two years ago and it was later in the year. So cold but this time of year it's a beautiful city. I'm going over again with her indoors the first week in August and she's pretty interested in live sex shows but not so much swinging. Paying into sex shows can be anywhere between €25 to €50 euros but for those who haven't tried full swinging before its a good intruduction to actually being in the same room as others.

Knowing you two I'm sure you will want to do more than watch but be very careful going to swing clubs as most run scams with the taxis who bring you. It can be €100 before you even get in the door.

Getting around is so easy but if you don't fancy travelling much just focus on Dam square and l maybe 2 square Kilometres of that area.The sex museum killed an hour but if you are tight for time leave. The Van Gogh is a must. Trust me you will find EVERYTHING you need

Remember, if in doubt just say no. Then do it anyway

Post new Message to Thread