Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

court case

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Court case i saw a few weeks back in a newspaper regarding a uk court case! A man of 26 had sex with an underage girl but who he pulled in a nightclub where the entry age is 18! She told him at the time she was 18 but the following day,admitted her real age!her parents found out and they pressed charges!to cut a long story short he got off even though he had sex with an underage girl!reason he got off is because she was in a club(where she should be 18) and lied to him about her age! Which side would you support and favour,him or her?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Court case i saw a few weeks back in a newspaper regarding a uk court case! A man of 26 had sex with an underage girl but who he pulled in a nightclub where the entry age is 18! She told him at the time she was 18 but the following day,admitted her real age!her parents found out and they pressed charges!to cut a long story short he got off even though he had sex with an underage girl!reason he got off is because she was in a club(where she should be 18) and lied to him about her age! Which side would you support and favour,him or her?"

This sounds like something that happened in my teenage years with a friend, I'd side with the guy to be honest...

over a year ago

And her address is......??

over a year ago

"Court case i saw a few weeks back in a newspaper regarding a uk court case! A man of 26 had sex with an underage girl but who he pulled in a nightclub where the entry age is 18! She told him at the time she was 18 but the following day,admitted her real age!her parents found out and they pressed charges!to cut a long story short he got off even though he had sex with an underage girl!reason he got off is because she was in a club(where she should be 18) and lied to him about her age! Which side would you support and favour,him or her?

This sounds like something that happened in my teenage years with a friend, I'd side with the guy to be honest... "

yep i can see how its not really his fault

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Happened here too where the then 20 year old lad was given 2 years in prison for statutory rape of a minor. She was 14 at the time but told the lad she was 18 and looked 18 too!! Her mother pressed charges against him.

over a year ago

a friend of mine from school had charges pressed for the exact same scenario here, He got a year in prison

over a year ago

Side with the lad not his fault at all she was in an adult nite club and said she was 18 so how could it possibly be his fault

over a year ago

I would have to be on the guys side here, but it is a thin line he was very lucky to have met her in a club as it was possibly this that saved him.

over a year ago

I'd have to side with the guy, this is where licenced premises should be held more accountable. I remember when I was 14 in Florida with the family we went to the bar in the hotel to watch a World Cup match, both my parents were asked for ID when ordering beers. I know that maybe a bit extreme but if everyone gets ID checked it would put a stop to situations like this.

over a year ago

Was in a local night club chatting a girl up bought her a drink and were chatting away eventually I asked her what was she studying in college till she told me she was only 16 and going into 5th year I nearly died she looked like she was in her early 20's! Took her drink off her and handed it to a friend!

Some of the guys on the door of clubs don't care and this can be dangerous for a guy just my opinion but can really ruin a guys life

over a year ago

I would have some sympathy for the guy, however given that the age if consent in the UK is 16, the girl was 15 at the most - could he really not have been aware?

over a year ago

"I would have some sympathy for the guy, however given that the age if consent in the UK is 16, the girl was 15 at the most - could he really not have been aware?"
i have seen 15 yos dolled up who would easily pass for 18

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"I would have some sympathy for the guy, however given that the age if consent in the UK is 16, the girl was 15 at the most - could he really not have been aware?i have seen 15 yos dolled up who would easily pass for 18"

I will agree here, girls with make up and dressed for a night out can look way older than what they are

over a year ago

At first glance maybe,not too many 15 year olds can behave maturely enough to pass as adult.

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

You can only do so much to be sure a girl is of legal age. Her word is important, asking for ID might kill the mood plus they can be fakes.

over a year ago

"At first glance maybe,not too many 15 year olds can behave maturely enough to pass as adult."
that completly goes on the window in a club with alcohol consumed!your not as aware

over a year ago

If her parents can sue on her behalf, would there not be a case against the parents for letting their minor child go to a nightclub?

If the guy can argue that she lied about her age and be prosecuted surely if the parents say they didn't know where she was they can be done too?

over a year ago

"If her parents can sue on her behalf, would there not be a case against the parents for letting their minor child go to a nightclub?

If the guy can argue that she lied about her age and be prosecuted surely if the parents say they didn't know where she was they can be done too?"

who can certainly be done is club owners and bouncer

over a year ago

"At first glance maybe,not too many 15 year olds can behave maturely enough to pass as adult.that completly goes on the window in a club with alcohol consumed!your not as aware"

Uh, adults who consume alcohol are still expected to be responsible for themselves

over a year ago

"If her parents can sue on her behalf, would there not be a case against the parents for letting their minor child go to a nightclub?

If the guy can argue that she lied about her age and be prosecuted surely if the parents say they didn't know where she was they can be done too?"

Yes, you might think parents could be prosecuted for neglect of minors, but how often does this happen? Plenty of parents go out every weekend boozing and leave their kids at home alone (often much younger than 15)

over a year ago

"At first glance maybe,not too many 15 year olds can behave maturely enough to pass as adult.that completly goes on the window in a club with alcohol consumed!your not as aware

Uh, adults who consume alcohol are still expected to be responsible for themselves"

yes but not to the extent of knowing an underager in a club whose done up to the 9's and easily passes for 18!

over a year ago

"Court case i saw a few weeks back in a newspaper regarding a uk court case! A man of 26 had sex with an underage girl but who he pulled in a nightclub where the entry age is 18! She told him at the time she was 18 but the following day,admitted her real age!her parents found out and they pressed charges!to cut a long story short he got off even though he had sex with an underage girl!reason he got off is because she was in a club(where she should be 18) and lied to him about her age! Which side would you support and favour,him or her?

This sounds like something that happened in my teenage years with a friend, I'd side with the guy to be honest... "

Yea def the guy.

over a year ago

"Was in a local night club chatting a girl up bought her a drink and were chatting away eventually I asked her what was she studying in college till she told me she was only 16 and going into 5th year I nearly died she looked like she was in her early 20's! Took her drink off her and handed it to a friend!

Some of the guys on the door of clubs don't care and this can be dangerous for a guy just my opinion but can really ruin a guys life "

Have to agree with you there. N good for you taking the drink away x

By *oughandCurvyCouple
over a year ago

galway

If it's in a night club then it's the duty of the staff at the door to make sure that the people entering are over 18, but I think there should also be some sort of consequence for the underage girl for lying in a situation like that.

over a year ago

over a year ago

Totally agree

If she's still a minor, then her parents should be held responsible for where she was.

Girls aren't stupid, when will teens be held responsible for their own actions?

over a year ago

My cousin is 14 and regularly gets mistaken for an adult. She doesnt just look 18 she looks mid twenties..Her sisters a year older and looks like a kid beside her. You would nearly want to ID someone you meet in a nightclub!

over a year ago

Under law, teens are minors and in an incident with an adult, will always be judged less culpable.

Her parents may be negligent, but didnt force the man to have sex with her.

At the end of the day, adults are expected to take responsibility for themselves....asking for ID "kills the moment"? So do condoms and asking about STDs, adults should have no qualms about those either

A vital issue that nobody seems to have spotted? He may be lying.

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Under law, teens are minors and in an incident with an adult, will always be judged less culpable.

Her parents may be negligent, but didnt force the man to have sex with her.

At the end of the day, adults are expected to take responsibility for themselves....asking for ID "kills the moment"? So do condoms and asking about STDs, adults should have no qualms about those either

A vital issue that nobody seems to have spotted? He may be lying."

The OP did say she was in a club for over 18s and had gained entry. Girls these days look older than their years and fake id's are easily accessible.

over a year ago

Should be the girls responsibility just as much as his although 1 girl is not like another.

when I was 15/16 I had a more mature man teach me all things kinky....He taught me to appreciate my body and how to always keep control..I knew what I was doing and understood all concequences of what I was doing but other 16 year olds would not be as mature.

(This was 25 years ago)

By *adrarfjordr VoyeurMan
over a year ago

Waterford

If this happened in Ireland he would have been screwed. Being genuinely mistaken about age is not allowed as a defence.

By *aftdave1Man
over a year ago

limerick

I support the guy in this case everyone in the club should be 18 and about

The night clubs here are gone to pot there's no one heading to them and there just filling them with under age just to collect a few euros from them there's night and there's 15 years olds in one of my local clubs and there mixing with lads twice there age totally wrong and sick to see it happening,I've nothing against under age in a night club as we all did it but as along as they look 18 not fecken 15

over a year ago

Even at 18 they still look to young. I mean come on if you think for a second that the person is underage you just move the fuck away because chances are they are.

But some people think it is worth taking the chance because she is in a night club. Even tho it could ruin their life.

If you can take a chance then take the consequences.

By *randub69Man
over a year ago

city

"Should be the girls responsibility just as much as his although 1 girl is not like another.

when I was 15/16 I had a more mature man teach me all things kinky....He taught me to appreciate my body and how to always keep control..I knew what I was doing and understood all concequences of what I was doing but other 16 year olds would not be as mature.

(This was 25 years ago)"

it's not about weather a 15/16 year old girl is mature or not,it is about her being underage....what he done with you was wrong....he took advantage of you and I bet he appreciated your body....

over a year ago

"Should be the girls responsibility just as much as his although 1 girl is not like another.

(This was 25 years ago)

it's not about weather a 15/16 year old girl is mature or not,it is about her being underage....what he done with you was wrong....he took advantage of you and I bet he appreciated your body...."

Legal age of consent exists to guard youngsters from not just their own impulsiveness and poor judgement, but also from the predations of unscrupulous adults

By *osafewordneededMan
over a year ago

City

They would let you off in Ireland even if you thought the girl was under 18. I seen them let a guy off with it who had sex with a girl at an under 18s disco.

If you have asked and done anything reasonable to avoid an under 18 year old then thats the main thing.

There are people on here with baby faces who men/women flirt with, Turns my stomach but each to their own.

over a year ago

"Even at 18 they still look to young. I mean come on if you think for a second that the person is underage you just move the fuck away because chances are they are.

But some people think it is worth taking the chance because she is in a night club. Even tho it could ruin their life.

"

Some 18 year olds look a lot older. My 16 year old sister is sometimes mistaken for being older than my 18 year old sister and me occasionally.

over a year ago

Legal age of consent exists to guard youngsters from not just their own impulsiveness and poor judgement, but also from the predations of unscrupulous adults.

over a year ago

Was this the case where the girl was 13?

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"Was this the case where the girl was 13?"
I hope not what parent to a 13 yr old does not know where there child is.

Look at mandy Smith from the age of 13 was out clubbing and got into a relationship with bill Wyman who at the time I believe was in his fiftys. Nothing done to Wyman and mandy smiths mother was well aware what her daughter was doing.

By *squaredCouple
over a year ago

Dublin/westmeath/kildare

Ever woke up in morning to realise 10 u scored in club was more a 4.

Its licensed premises over 18's only. In dim lighting with a drink on you how sure can u be.

Even over 21 clubs aren't safe with IDs that I've seen underage girls use. Black cards included telling difference hard in daylight let alone under bad lighting at door or in club.

Girls/boys will be just that girls/boys. If 16 or 17 parents shouldn't be blamed its that age. But uf 13/14 parents should be up for neglect too. My parents knew where i was until i was 18 @ all times.

Someone mentioned behaviour of girl would give away her age, its night club, dim lighting, load music & packed, even without drink involvement it is difficult to read anyone.

Id have no problem asking for id but how many out there can hand on heart say they could spot fake?

over a year ago

"Even at 18 they still look to young. I mean come on if you think for a second that the person is underage you just move the fuck away because chances are they are.

Some 18 year olds look a lot older. My 16 year old sister is sometimes mistaken for being older than my 18 year old sister and me occasionally."

That's because you probably have a young looking face lol . I see what you are saying. Some do look older. But for a guy in his mid to late 20s, who can't spot the difference and never asked the girl for ID, And willingly takes the chance or gamble as it really is, it's very hard to defend a guy like that. Responsibility lies with the older person at the end of the day as not "every" young one is mentally mature enough to make correct choice. And the same with younger guys and older women

By *s louWoman
over a year ago

Enniskillen

"If it's in a night club then it's the duty of the staff at the door to make sure that the people entering are over 18, but I think there should also be some sort of consequence for the underage girl for lying in a situation like that. "

Post new Message to Thread