meets and greets

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have to attend one now to see how these "regulars"act to newbies

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Then go to one? Newbies are treated the same as everyone and actually a pre meet is arranged to help them settle their nerves

over a year ago

"Then go to one? Newbies are treated the same as everyone and actually a pre meet is arranged to help them settle their nerves "
id imagine alrite its very different going on your own! You cant just "go to one" pal!you have to get invited or so im told

over a year ago

"Then go to one? Newbies are treated the same as everyone and actually a pre meet is arranged to help them settle their nerves id imagine alrite its very different going on your own! You cant just "go to one" pal!you have to get invited or so im told "

You ask the organiser, invites don't get given to anyone. You shouldn't knock it until you try it

over a year ago

"Then go to one? Newbies are treated the same as everyone and actually a pre meet is arranged to help them settle their nerves id imagine alrite its very different going on your own! You cant just "go to one" pal!you have to get invited or so im told

You ask the organiser, invites don't get given to anyone. You shouldn't knock it until you try it"

thats why there hard to attend!

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Every so often, social evenings are held for new and unverified users. Keep your eye on the forum and ask for an invite. I went alone to one to meet others and was given a very warm welcome. Its worth the effort

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Fuck me its just a drink in a bar, its not an interview or an interrogation, act like you normally act.

over a year ago

"Then go to one? Newbies are treated the same as everyone and actually a pre meet is arranged to help them settle their nerves id imagine alrite its very different going on your own! You cant just "go to one" pal!you have to get invited or so im told

You ask the organiser, invites don't get given to anyone. You shouldn't knock it until you try itthats why there hard to attend!"

I went to one three weeks from joining its not hard, the last Dublin social was open to unverified users if I'm not mistaken

over a year ago

Obviously it has to suit also!id like to attend one but i think meet and greets on here are alot of peoples social circle where as i have an active social life with mates as it is if im understood properly ! Its just really to get known as its difficult otherwise

over a year ago

You're only here 3 weeks nsf king.. the big issue is that new unverified users are a risk for meet and greets. They are untested and so are more likey to bottle it and not show up. They could also be media. There have been issues in the part of parties and events having to be cancelled as someone notified the venue. There have also been media and photographers getting into events. Having entry requirements minimises this.

By *acknnoraCouple
over a year ago

north cork

Meet & greets and social nights out are a great way to meet fellow swingers. We host a lot of M&G's and we always give ppl about 3 months notice of when and the area of which it would be held so its not a drop of a hat so u can plan to go Social/Meet&Greets are not a social circle as such, yes we know new and not so new swingers go to these events and we also make sure everyone there is made welcome so no need for anyone to ever be feeling left out.

Would u believe also we all have an active social side with mates too lol lol give it a chance your only here a few weeks it is a great lifestyle lol

Ahh all jokes aside I'm sure everyone here will agree

Just keep your eye of forums to see when the next event will be coming up and make an effort to go

over a year ago

"You're only here 3 weeks nsf king.. the big issue is that new unverified users are a risk for meet and greets. They are untested and so are more likey to bottle it and not show up. They could also be media. There have been issues in the part of parties and events having to be cancelled as someone notified the venue. There have also been media and photographers getting into events. Having entry requirements minimises this. "
very true but people have to start somewhere and some riska have to be taken

over a year ago

"Meet & greets and social nights out are a great way to meet fellow swingers. We host a lot of M&G's and we always give ppl about 3 months notice of when and the area of which it would be held so its not a drop of a hat so u can plan to go Social/Meet&Greets are not a social circle as such, yes we know new and not so new swingers go to these events and we also make sure everyone there is made welcome so no need for anyone to ever be feeling left out.

Would u believe also we all have an active social side with mates too lol lol give it a chance your only here a few weeks it is a great lifestyle lol

Ahh all jokes aside I'm sure everyone here will agree

Just keep your eye of forums to see when the next event will be coming up and make an effort to go "

cheers for post

over a year ago

We've offered to meet newbies socially so they can be verified. More often than not there is an excuse/reason why they can't.

If you were ever in Cork at a time we could make it, and you were sure to turn up, then we would meet you for a coffee.

I'm always reminded of the thread where a certain single male did absolutely everything he could including begging to attend a party, and then didn't turn up. Then did EXACTLY the same thing at the next party. There is no helping some people.

over a year ago

"We've offered to meet newbies socially so they can be verified. More often than not there is an excuse/reason why they can't.

If you were ever in Cork at a time we could make it, and you were sure to turn up, then we would meet you for a coffee.

I'm always reminded of the thread where a certain single male did absolutely everything he could including begging to attend a party, and then didn't turn up. Then did EXACTLY the same thing at the next party. There is no helping some people."

understand fully! Sometimes though id say excuses are genuine!im busy with daily life to training kids to matches etc so i wouldnt have bundles of free time! Thanks for coffee suggestion

over a year ago

"We've offered to meet newbies socially so they can be verified. More often than not there is an excuse/reason why they can't.

I'm always reminded of the thread where a certain single male did absolutely everything he could including begging to attend a party, and then didn't turn up. Then did EXACTLY the same thing at the next party. There is no helping some people. understand fully! Sometimes though id say excuses are genuine!im busy with daily life to training kids to matches etc so i wouldnt have bundles of free time! Thanks for coffee suggestion "

ahh we all have that.. we cope somehow

over a year ago

I'm always reminded of the thread where a certain single male did absolutely everything he could including begging to attend a party, and then didn't turn up. Then did EXACTLY the same thing at the next party. There is no helping some people."

over a year ago

That's exactly what we mean nsf.. we have established that its logical not to let unverified users into all events.. and we offer a coffee to allow them to get verified, and we are told they are too busy or some other reason they cant. Its a pattern we've seen over and over again. What more can I do.

I'm not sure people appreciate the time and effort that goes into organising a big event Its something we do ourselves at zero cost to those attending, for the good of the community. We don't want it cocked up by half the attendees bottling it, or someone calling the venue, or ruining everyone else's fun somehow.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

organisers of meet and greets have to be careful about who gets invites because recently I was informed by a woman I know that a guy had told her that he was going to cause havoc at one of or socials now the guy in question iv had a few run ins with on various profiles he deleted the one I was told about but no doubt has a new one again.

and we can't forget the press getting hold of locations etc the last thing people want is there mush in the papers so these are just two reasons why non verified or newbies don't get invites

over a year ago

"That's exactly what we mean nsf.. we have established that its logical not to let unverified users into all events.. and we offer a coffee to allow them to get verified, and we are told they are too busy or some other reason they cant. Its a pattern we've seen over and over again. What more can I do.

I'm not sure people appreciate the time and effort that goes into organising a big event Its something we do ourselves at zero cost to those attending, for the good of the community. We don't want it cocked up by half the attendees bottling it, or someone calling the venue, or ruining everyone else's fun somehow."

how many roughly are allowed attend meets and greets?

over a year ago

"That's exactly what we mean nsf.. we have established that its logical not to let unverified users into all events.. and we offer a coffee to allow them to get verified, and we are told they are too busy or some other reason they cant. Its a pattern we've seen over and over again. What more can I do.

I'm not sure people appreciate the time and effort that goes into organising a big event Its something we do ourselves at zero cost to those attending, for the good of the community. We don't want it cocked up by half the attendees bottling it, or someone calling the venue, or ruining everyone else's fun somehow.how many roughly are allowed attend meets and greets?"

That depends entirely on the venue

over a year ago

We have been to three meet and greets in limerick. One held by _acknnora and the others by ballbuster there where great they make you feel very welcome and at easy

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Op i dont think ur grasping the idea people will go out of their way to verify u to attend a meet and greet if u make the effort after eighteen months u should have seen that. Only last sat a fem offered open coffee to verify newbies this happens in different areas trough out the year

By *eddybear_14Man
over a year ago

Somewhere...

I was also at my first m&g in Limerick over the weekend and it was brilliant.. kinda wished I had done it sooner but as with everything life gets in the way!

over a year ago

It's a hard thing to balance invites for socials or meet and greets, which unless you've organised one you probably wouldn't realise, and rightly so, it's not something a non organiser would give a lot of thought too!

I always try and invite people who haven't attended one before and always try and make them feel welcome when they do attend

The issue being that we as organisers have to place a deposit with the venue and guarantee a certain number of attendees. If the amount is lower we loose our deposit.

A lot of people ask for an invite and then whether it's nerves or life happens, they don't attend.

The venue also has a capacity limit on the amount of people who can attend, so it's a game of risk really. How many first timers do you invite who will actually so up versus inviting people who regularly attend and are guaranteed to show up or at least tell you if they can't make it

Massive amounts of time and effort goes in to organising any of these events and it is all done on our own time for the general goodness of the community

In all my time here and all the socials I've attended I have never seen groups of people huddled in corners excluding others, nor have I seen anyone fighting or having bad words. Everyone is always friendly and there for the right reasons, to get to know fellow fabbers

For me the socials are great as people's profiles I may have disgarded or mails I may not have gotten to read, I get to meet them in person and I've been surprised with how many people I've misjudged through forums or mails and I have liked them in person

For forumites it's a chance to get to know the others they have interacted with and get a chance to get a feel for their personalities and they are better able to read their humour etc, it's why so many on the forums who attend socials do chat on threads as they kind of know each other

I've often offered to meet with people before socials to verify them and only ever once has the person turned up out of all those invited

over a year ago

Foxie Roxie took a chance with me at her social but I turned up so people do take the chance but I have seen why the don't too. Just give it time

over a year ago

"I have to attend one now to see how these "regulars"act to newbies "
yaz are treated like second class citizens. And expected to perform party tricks at the amusement of regular attenders

over a year ago

It's all about getting the right balance of old and new

over a year ago

"Op i dont think ur grasping the idea people will go out of their way to verify u to attend a meet and greet if u make the effort after eighteen months u should have seen that. Only last sat a fem offered open coffee to verify newbies this happens in different areas trough out the year "

over a year ago

"Op i dont think ur grasping the idea people will go out of their way to verify u to attend a meet and greet if u make the effort after eighteen months u should have seen that. Only last sat a fem offered open coffee to verify newbies this happens in different areas trough out the year "
as i said earlier it has to suit both parties!if i have plans already or something on i cant go its as simple as that

over a year ago

"Op i dont think ur grasping the idea people will go out of their way to verify u to attend a meet and greet if u make the effort after eighteen months u should have seen that. Only last sat a fem offered open coffee to verify newbies this happens in different areas trough out the year as i said earlier it has to suit both parties!if i have plans already or something on i cant go its as simple as that "
just because someone offeres it doesnt automatically mean you can go if you have plans and then if u geneuinly have plans etc your classed as a messer

over a year ago

Some people want it handing to them on a plate and then complain that it's not convenient. I've helped newbies in the past and I'd be vety cautious about doing it again. Some people won't help themselves.

over a year ago

Anyone take pity on a newbie and meet for a coffee?!

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Op i dont think ur grasping the idea people will go out of their way to verify u to attend a meet and greet if u make the effort after eighteen months u should have seen that. Only last sat a fem offered open coffee to verify newbies this happens in different areas trough out the year as i said earlier it has to suit both parties!if i have plans already or something on i cant go its as simple as that just because someone offeres it doesnt automatically mean you can go if you have plans and then if u geneuinly have plans etc your classed as a messer "

Not if u make the effort it takes a little but goes a long way after all u get out of it what u put in

over a year ago

"Op i dont think ur grasping the idea people will go out of their way to verify u to attend a meet and greet if u make the effort after eighteen months u should have seen that. Only last sat a fem offered open coffee to verify newbies this happens in different areas trough out the year as i said earlier it has to suit both parties!if i have plans already or something on i cant go its as simple as that just because someone offeres it doesnt automatically mean you can go if you have plans and then if u geneuinly have plans etc your classed as a messer

Not if u make the effort it takes a little but goes a long way after all u get out of it what u put in "

i agree it is pretty simple!you get a day that suits both and arrange a time and venue

over a year ago

Here we go again, the people with horns comming out of their heads will be there. Attending my first m&g I was terrified. I thought there would be someone there who would know me. Fortunately the organiser of the m&g was there to meet everyone attending. It was held at a neutral venue the same as any other party. No one outside the group knew or noticed anything. If you are nervous go to the pre meet for newbies and rock on from there. If you still have nerves, no worries nothing lost or gained move on and try again. At least you can say you tried !

Post new Message to Thread