Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Sex in ireland

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone else see that there is potential for huge growth in the sex industry in Ireland!??

I'm talking bout shops, events, clubs etc.. I just see England our near neighbours and look at their attitude towards sex, by and large it is a lot more openly spoken about than it is here...

And having been on this site I can see that there is a market, quite a large one.

Or is it just a case that ireland is too small and too much narrow minded people to be open about things of a sexual nature!??

I for one hope that this industry is tapped into in Ireland because it's a win win situation for everyone! Except nuns and priests of course!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *owdyBoobyMan
over a year ago

limerick

Ireland is really too small a country with too much of a close knit community. You couldn't compare the 2 countries on population and size.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You just can't compare the two countries period

over a year ago

That sounded better in my head

over a year ago

1) A large percentage of the population still identify themselves as Catholic, and have the associated (non marriage) sexual guilt.

2) Ireland is WAY smaller than England. Double the number of people live in London than live in Ireland.

3) The culture of community is very different in Ireland. Many more people are much more integrated into the community here and so are much more well known locally.

4) People in Ireland and generally less sexually liberated and open minded. People talk about sex less and are more inhibited.

These are all generalisations, and of course varies wildly from person to person and area to area... but having lived in both countries, these are my observations.

I'm sure Irelands culture with regards to sex is changing and over the cloming years things will get easier, but these are too many barriers for an imminent explosion in sexual liberation in Ireland in my opinion.

over a year ago

"1) A large percentage of the population still identify themselves as Catholic, and have the associated (non marriage) sexual guilt.

2) Ireland is WAY smaller than England. Double the number of people live in London than live in Ireland.

3) The culture of community is very different in Ireland. Many more people are much more integrated into the community here and so are much more well known locally.

4) People in Ireland and generally less sexually liberated and open minded. People talk about sex less and are more inhibited.

These are all generalisations, and of course varies wildly from person to person and area to area... but having lived in both countries, these are my observations.

I'm sure Irelands culture with regards to sex is changing and over the cloming years things will get easier, but these are too many barriers for an imminent explosion in sexual liberation in Ireland in my opinion. "

Not dire id like sex on Main St. Too much devalues it; makes it a commodity and cheapens it. Not talking about peoples attitudes and actions btw.

over a year ago

"Not dire id like sex on Main St. Too much devalues it; makes it a commodity and cheapens it. Not talking about peoples attitudes and actions btw."

Thanks for your concise, carefully worded, and useful response. It makes me glad I took the time to respond.

H

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

England is bigger than Ireland London itself is bigger and if anyone has visited London the sex industry is very open and public knowledge. Soho is very much a tourist spot. And not in a sleazy part I may add. Unfortunately Ireland is too way back in the times for such things.

over a year ago

"England is bigger than Ireland London itself is bigger and if anyone has visited London the sex industry is very open and public knowledge. Soho is very much a tourist spot. And not in a sleazy part I may add. Unfortunately Ireland is too way back in the times for such things. "
Just because england peep like to have sex on the streets dont mean ireland has to do same.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"England is bigger than Ireland London itself is bigger and if anyone has visited London the sex industry is very open and public knowledge. Soho is very much a tourist spot. And not in a sleazy part I may add. Unfortunately Ireland is too way back in the times for such things. Just because england peep like to have sex on the streets dont mean ireland has to do same."
don't have sex on the street I'm talking about the sex industry!.

over a year ago

"Just because england peep like to have sex on the streets dont mean ireland has to do same."

I've never seen anyone having sex on a street in England or in Ireland, and I've spent a long time in both.

over a year ago

I'd say we are a long ways away from having as sexual liberated or accepted society as other countries.... It's not long ago since the prayer vigils outside the sex shops

We are a small country and everyone knows you or someone you know which heightens "interest " in anything seen as other than the norm...

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

U just have to look at the upcoming referdom where some of our repesentives are declining to canvas rural areas for a yes vote Afraid of the back lash

We are still in the dark ages although we have moved a bit since the rise of the onternet . don't get confused With fab life and real life here we tend to think we things have changed but but we are in a cloister here out side of that cloister its a different story.

over a year ago

Do you really want to be more like us brits? I mean really? The very thing that makes this country so attractive to me is the difference between it and the UK

over a year ago

Down with that sort of thing!!!

over a year ago

Careful now

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Which street?

over a year ago

over a year ago

That would be an ecumenical matter....

over a year ago

"Which street? "
every street..it's a Sunday thing.... Sunday roast then a quickie over the car bonnet whilst nattering to the neighbors.... Weather depending of course... It's a well known English tradition

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Which street? every street..it's a Sunday thing.... Sunday roast then a quickie over the car bonnet whilst nattering to the neighbors.... Weather depending of course... It's a well known English tradition"

How coincidental that I have to go to England on business for the next few Sundays, and luckily I'm bringing my car with the padded bonnet

over a year ago

"Which street? every street..it's a Sunday thing.... Sunday roast then a quickie over the car bonnet whilst nattering to the neighbors.... Weather depending of course... It's a well known English tradition

How coincidental that I have to go to England on business for the next few Sundays, and luckily I'm bringing my car with the padded bonnet "

Always wondered what a toad in the hole was

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"

Always wondered what a toad in the hole was "

I don't know either but I wonder would you go to a doctor or a vet?

over a year ago

People in Ireland still have sex???? Wow

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/03/15 10:57:36]

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"People in Ireland still have sex???? Wow"

What's sex?

over a year ago

"People in Ireland still have sex???? Wow

What's sex? "

it's that's thing you do on your wedding night and then once a year after.... You know payttercake

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"People in Ireland still have sex???? Wow

What's sex? it's that's thing you do on your wedding night and then once a year after.... You know payttercake"

That's only for sex maniacs with that sort of regularity. Jaysus, I'd be worn out if I had to go at it that often.

over a year ago

Bottom line Ireland still has the 1960s mentality and it carries with older generations sex shouldn't be devalued (how do you devalue sex) it's natural it's human nature and if someone wants to have sex with multiple men and women or men dressed up as women it's up to them not society people worry way too much...

over a year ago

Ireland has an Island mentality, but also England is not as open as you think. They just hhave more people who can afford to be open, if you have certain types of jobs it does not matter if you are in England or Ireland you have to be discreet.

Didnt a nurse in UK lose her job because she was into BDSM?

over a year ago

Most adult ventures get opposed by do gooders and busybodies. locals dont want them near them. I remember a load of people campaigning against a fitness class in wexford because it involved poledancing! Down with that sorta thing!

Post new Message to Thread