Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

How to counter the deepening threat of terrorism from religious fundamentalists

Jump to newest

By *illow1972 OP   Man
over a year ago

Naas

This is request from a member who follows my threads so I'll happily oblige.

How do we counter it? I've always been of the opinion that we must understand each others view point.

Put a fundamentalist and an atheist in a room for a month. The fundamentalist will explain the reason to kill in the name of religion. The atheist will explain that religion doesn't exist and therefore killing in the name of it is futile.

Hopefully after a month of getting to know one anther they will see passed their respective beliefs and see each other for who they are and not for their beliefs.

Apply that theory across the world and the situation could resolve itself.

Thank you.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"This is request from a member who follows my threads so I'll happily oblige.

How do we counter it? I've always been of the opinion that we must understand each others view point.

Put a fundamentalist and an atheist in a room for a month. The fundamentalist will explain the reason to kill in the name of religion. The atheist will explain that religion doesn't exist and therefore killing in the name of it is futile.

Hopefully after a month of getting to know one anther they will see passed their respective beliefs and see each other for who they are and not for their beliefs.

Thank you."

....Or they could kill each other...

over a year ago

Are you asking us or telling us?

over a year ago

Nations should try and sort there differences out on a sport field rather than a battlefield.

By *illow1972 OP   Man
over a year ago

Naas

I'm asking.

over a year ago

This is a swinging site for people to have sex with each other? Or i take a wrong turn somewhere?

over a year ago

"I'm asking."

"Round them up, put them in a field & bomb the b*stards" - General Cheeseburger

over a year ago

Or theres the other option they fuck like mad an make some wee fundaathiests

over a year ago

How about we ban religion for 10 years and see if the world is a better place

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Do you really think someone with the conviction to die for what they believe in are going to be persuaded to put down their arms after a month?or ever?

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

well im not too sure how you go about countering fundamentalist terrorists but i can tell you that the current way they deal with them isnt going to work. how many times has the action of an army galvanised the resolve of the native people and encourage them to join up with "terrorists" all you have to do is look at the Syria, Afghanistan even Palestine. everytime the the overly powerful regular army rolls into town obliterating all in its path and making average people feel helpless all it does is make recruiting them to become terrorists so much easier because people that have nothing also have nothing to lose

over a year ago

"well im not too sure how you go about countering fundamentalist terrorists but i can tell you that the current way they deal with them isnt going to work. how many times has the action of an army galvanised the resolve of the native people and encourage them to join up with "terrorists" all you have to do is look at the Syria, Afghanistan even Palestine. everytime the the overly powerful regular army rolls into town obliterating all in its path and making average people feel helpless all it does is make recruiting them to become terrorists so much easier because people that have nothing also have nothing to lose"

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

I think there beyond saving we have to nuke them r we will b all gone it's us r them I think . There all nut jobs n any releigous person does not kill people they can't b religious . They only use religion as an excuse I think

over a year ago

People don't change their views with a talk...

This is a religion we talking about!

You don't talk to the KKK do you?

over a year ago

I wonder if on a terrorists or counter terrorism forums, they chat about swinging, orgies, groups sex, greedy girls nights, MFM, FFM, blow jobs, anal sex, dogging etc. I bet you they do not...

By *rian78Man
over a year ago

navan

from what i read from day to day its nothing to do with religion only politics and the goverments that cause hatered. rather than ban religions beliefs lets stop becoming nationalists and followers and become individualists and be our selfs and realise that we are all unique from the day we are born and that we should be happy to be alive and be free to express our selfs

By *illow1972 OP   Man
over a year ago

Naas

"I wonder if on a terrorists or counter terrorism forums, they chat about swinging, orgies, groups sex, greedy girls nights, MFM, FFM, blow jobs, anal sex, dogging etc. I bet you they do not..."

Oh I do apologise. Do you want me to put up a thread about swinging, orgies, groups sex, greedy girls nights, MFM, FFM, blow jobs, anal sex, dogging etc?

I will if you want me to. All you have to do is ask.

By *illow1972 OP   Man
over a year ago

Naas

"Do you really think someone with the conviction to die for what they believe in are going to be persuaded to put down their arms after a month?or ever?"

Em.....I don't know. Kinda why I posted the thread. What do you think?

over a year ago

On a serious note, extremes of any one kind are not good in this world whether it be any religion including the catholic church or islam.

But what is being done now is a complete change of direction as its being forced upon western governments too embrace and work with and in these communities using community leaders too try and quell insider extremism and also the taking off of passports of people involved in such things. Thats my 2 cents on this

over a year ago

"I wonder if on a terrorists or counter terrorism forums, they chat about swinging, orgies, groups sex, greedy girls nights, MFM, FFM, blow jobs, anal sex, dogging etc. I bet you they do not...

Oh I do apologise. Do you want me to put up a thread about swinging, orgies, groups sex, greedy girls nights, MFM, FFM, blow jobs, anal sex, dogging etc?

I will if you want me to. All you have to do is ask."

That wasn't my point man. You are free to post whatever you want on here, which is cool. Usually forums are very structured and off topics have a small section at the bottom of the page, whereas here, you can talk sports, weather, world's terrorism, anal penetration and religion in one place. A true realisation of the freedom of speech.

By *illow1972 OP   Man
over a year ago

Naas

"I wonder if on a terrorists or counter terrorism forums, they chat about swinging, orgies, groups sex, greedy girls nights, MFM, FFM, blow jobs, anal sex, dogging etc. I bet you they do not...

I will if you want me to. All you have to do is ask.

That wasn't my point man. You are free to post whatever you want on here, which is cool. Usually forums are very structured and off topics have a small section at the bottom of the page, whereas here, you can talk sports, weather, world's terrorism, anal penetration and religion in one place. A true realisation of the freedom of speech."

That wasn't your point you say? In your initial post you wondered if terrorist website commented on sex stuff etc. Now you're saying that it contained a subliminal messages that really meant that its actually ok for me to post what I want and you even kindly directed me to somewhere "at the bottom of the page"

So are you saying that I can post, I can't post of if I do post that I have to post it in some other area of the forum?

Oh and by the way, feel free to comment of the subject of the thread when you're back. I'd be very interested in hearing your views.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Do you really think someone with the conviction to die for what they believe in are going to be persuaded to put down their arms after a month?or ever?

Em.....I don't know. Kinda why I posted the thread. What do you think?"

It was a rhetorical question. I think not

over a year ago

Thank you."

....where in the name of jaysus did you come up with the idea that fundamentalists are at war with atheists? ....they hate Israel. ....for some obvious reasons. ..some not so obvious. ...what their doing now is to drag as many people into the conflict as possible to destabilise the region. ...but honestly. ..I think aethists as a group. ..are safe enough from a fatwah at the minute. .....

over a year ago

The two people in the room would have to be of equal intelligence and both be on an even keel for the two of them to come to a consensus.

Relgion has never started a war, its about power, control, money, land.

When England and France were both catholic they went to war. When a war starts we look for a way to difference us from them. Often this is religious but not always.

If religion was banned, the people who call for religious war would get into politics and call for war still, if we banned politics, tribe leaders would call for war. In Ireland families would go to war among themselves, and often go to war with someone just for having a differnt last name.

Also removing religion does not help a whole lot. Israel does not represent the Torah yet they cause a lot of trouble. If they were more religious then they would be at peace, like they were when orthadox jews lived there before Israel was set up, living in peace with the muslims, muslims attending jewish weddings and births. So more religion can actually stop war in some cases.

over a year ago

"...Relgion has never started a war, its about power, control, money, land..."

I bet it has.

over a year ago

""...Relgion has never started a war, its about power, control, money, land..."

I bet it has."

I can't think of any.

It's just used to say "us" vs "them". Germany and England were both protestant and they hammered each other out of it. France and England went toe to toe when they were the same religion. The pope used to grant permission for catholic wars all the time.

The march of catholics on the muslim war is well documented as a plundering exercise with little to do with religion.

A purely religious war would be very rare in the history of humans. Even now the conflicts in the muslim world are about heroin and oil, not religion.

To wipe out war invent something that can give any human all the food and energy and shelter they need for their whole life, priced at 100 quid and war will be extinct, gone.

over a year ago

""...Relgion has never started a war, its about power, control, money, land..."

I bet it has.

I can't think of any.

It's just used to say "us" vs "them". Germany and England were both protestant and they hammered each other out of it. France and England went toe to toe when they were the same religion. The pope used to grant permission for catholic wars all the time.

The march of catholics on the muslim war is well documented as a plundering exercise with little to do with religion.

A purely religious war would be very rare in the history of humans. Even now the conflicts in the muslim world are about heroin and oil, not religion.

To wipe out war invent something that can give any human all the food and energy and shelter they need for their whole life, priced at 100 quid and war will be extinct, gone."

What about the French Catholics vs French Protestants in the 1500's? Nigeria's Biafran war in the 60's?, Lebanon in the 80's?

over a year ago

Thank you."

You should change the topic to " How to counter the deepening threat of terrorism from unbridled capitalism and deregulated financial markets ".

...everything else is inflated nonsense , by the brainwash media.

By *irst officerMan
over a year ago

Naas

Getting a lift from Saudi , the two pilots came into the rest area to pray, 4 pilots and nobody flying.

over a year ago

"Getting a lift from Saudi , the two pilots came into the rest area to pray, 4 pilots and nobody flying. "

Ever heard of autopilot ..? The pilot is actually only for take off and landing needed. This Pilots prayed, there are some who have been drinking alcoholic stuff

I prefer the prayer ...

By *randub69Man
over a year ago

city

"Getting a lift from Saudi , the two pilots came into the rest area to pray, 4 pilots and nobody flying. "

Allah was flying it

over a year ago

"Getting a lift from Saudi , the two pilots came into the rest area to pray, 4 pilots and nobody flying.

Allah was flying it

"

God is flying BA Jets between take off and landing .. or ?

over a year ago

"Getting a lift from Saudi , the two pilots came into the rest area to pray, 4 pilots and nobody flying.

Allah was flying it

God is flying BA Jets between take off and landing .. or ?"

Wait he is of course flying Austrian Airlines and Lufthansa jets as well ...

By *andydevineMan
over a year ago

sligo

this is of no importance to Ireland at all. its all just spin by the west to justify invading oil rich counties. none of us are at treat.

over a year ago

"this is of no importance to Ireland at all. its all just spin by the west to justify invading oil rich counties. none of us are at treat."

Of course it is of importance to Ireland. We are part of the West. The myth of neutrality is exactly that, a myth.

over a year ago

"this is of no importance to Ireland at all. its all just spin by the west to justify invading oil rich counties. none of us are at treat."

So we worship at the altar of crude oil? Maybe if we prayed harder to the god of Hydrogen, we'd be able to stop.

By *allymenaguyMan
over a year ago

Ballymena

Seriously ppl this is a sex site thats wots wrong with this country and too many others to mention too many ppl give a fuck about colour faith creed wot city town estate wotever the stupid reason may be at end of the day most religions wer based on books thats been translated to suit whoever for wotever reason they wanted over the years so seriously live n let live n if that doesnt suit then take ur religious views n stick them wer sun dont shine ther rant over !!!!

Post new Message to Thread