FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

why do people take rejection so harshly?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We have our preferences (I prefer 35yrs and under) but some men who don't fit this can get angry and somewhat abusive! Is there any need!?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Rejection hurts when people are not confident in themselves or have big egos I think. Do not worry. Just delete and block and report (if the message is abusive) and move on :D

By *owdyBoobyMan
over a year ago

limerick

Plenty of fabbers in the sea.

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Some are overly sensitive, its just the way they are. If you feel they're not for you, just block them.

over a year ago

Change your mail settings so that over 35's can't mail you? No more abuse and problem solved

over a year ago

Its not just single men i've talked to one or two pushy single women

By *owdyBoobyMan
over a year ago

limerick

There is a epidemic of males that are unable to cope with rejection. I would love to get the opinion of a psychologist on this.

over a year ago

Nobody likes to be told they aren't desirable. That's human nature.

It's accepting that you aren't going to be for everybody that's the hard part. It's easier when you know there are plenty more out there that you might be desirable to.

Absolutely no need to launch into a tirade of abuse though.

That's my way of approaching things anyway. Especially on a site like this.

over a year ago

unfortunately this is not going to change, I use the block button quite often, I think that some men think that because I'm a larger lady I should be grateful for the "fancy a fuck" messages when explained to them that they're not my type the messages back are just atrocious!! I've learned to laugh it off and ignore by now though they're not worth my time or energy plus the good men outweigh the bad in here

over a year ago

Yeah, a guy once told me to go kill myself cos I said no! Lost my faith in single males for a long time but sometimes blocking and ignoring doesn't work

over a year ago

"unfortunately this is not going to change, I use the block button quite often, I think that some men think that because I'm a larger lady I should be grateful for the "fancy a fuck" messages when explained to them that they're not my type the messages back are just atrocious!! I've learned to laugh it off and ignore by now though they're not worth my time or energy plus the good men outweigh the bad in here "

I really don't get that, why oh why someone would send you that kind of message is beyond me.

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea but by the same token not everyone is mine. And that's life, it happens. No point being a baby and throwing toys out of the pram when someone says thanks but no thanks.

over a year ago

"unfortunately this is not going to change, I use the block button quite often, I think that some men think that because I'm a larger lady I should be grateful for the "fancy a fuck" messages when explained to them that they're not my type the messages back are just atrocious!! I've learned to laugh it off and ignore by now though they're not worth my time or energy plus the good men outweigh the bad in here "

Exactly this...

over a year ago

"unfortunately this is not going to change, I use the block button quite often, I think that some men think that because I'm a larger lady I should be grateful for the "fancy a fuck" messages when explained to them that they're not my type the messages back are just atrocious!! I've learned to laugh it off and ignore by now though they're not worth my time or energy plus the good men outweigh the bad in here

I really don't get that, why oh why someone would send you that kind of message is beyond me.

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea but by the same token not everyone is mine. And that's life, it happens. No point being a baby and throwing toys out of the pram when someone says thanks but no thanks."

Exactly not everyone is going to like everyone.....you move on until you find someone that does...simples

By *owdyBoobyMan
over a year ago

limerick

Is it not delisusion to think you are going to be everybodys cup of tea. I like to be friends with ppl but even I know that due to multiple reasons it is not possible.

over a year ago

theres no need for anybody getting abusive because they have been turned down..... The way I'd look at it is sure aren't you better off finding out that they are abusive idiots early in the game.

over a year ago

"unfortunately this is not going to change, I use the block button quite often, I think that some men think that because I'm a larger lady I should be grateful for the "fancy a fuck" messages when explained to them that they're not my type the messages back are just atrocious!! I've learned to laugh it off and ignore by now though they're not worth my time or energy plus the good men outweigh the bad in here

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea but by the same token not everyone is mine. And that's life, it happens. No point being a baby and throwing toys out of the pram when someone says thanks but no thanks.

Exactly not everyone is going to like everyone.....you move on until you find someone that does...simples "

By *illow1972Man
over a year ago

Naas

Just block them. Simple really.

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

"We have our preferences (I prefer 35yrs and under) but some men who don't fit this can get angry and somewhat abusive! Is there any need!?"
. Some members appear to live in a world far removed from reality and fail to realise that different people like different things . It is totally bizarre to expect everyone to find you attractive . Just ignore abusive messages and remember that they are wasting their time , not yours , by failing to follow your selection criteria .

By *ilg41Man
over a year ago

schticks

Rejection is absolutely fine - it's the no reply that does my head in.

I dont send out lots of mails but pick out a few when i'm on - coming back to find 3 "been read" and no replies grinds my gears!!!

I really wouldnt mind someone telling me I look like a bulldog (well y'know) but at least the person acknowledges the fact that you took the time to send them a message, and takes the time to reply.

I understand women here get hounded but if you get a message that isnt "hi" or "wanna meet" then it only take a few seconds to say thanks but no thanks.

Manners!!

By *ilg41Man
over a year ago

schticks

And also you obviously do reply to people so this doesnt apply to the OP

over a year ago

"We have our preferences (I prefer 35yrs and under) but some men who don't fit this can get angry and somewhat abusive! Is there any need!?"

no there's no need to get angry...I love rejection because it saves me wasting time on that person...I can then move on and share myself with someone that might appreciate it.

over a year ago

i think some guys expectations of this site are a bit removed from reality,all women on here are cock mad whores who will shag anyone who drops a wee email "hi hows u"reality may be slightly different lol and sensitive guys cant get that !

over a year ago

"i think some guys expectations of this site are a bit removed from reality,all women on here are cock mad whores who will shag anyone who drops a wee email "hi hows u"reality may be slightly different lol and sensitive guys cant get that !"

over a year ago

"Nobody likes to be told they aren't desirable. That's human nature.

It's accepting that you aren't going to be for everybody that's the hard part. It's easier when you know there are plenty more out there that you might be desirable to.

Absolutely no need to launch into a tirade of abuse though.

That's my way of approaching things anyway. Especially on a site like this. "

Have to agree, I'm not to everyone's liking and I don't expect everyone to be mine. It definitely can knock the wind out of your sails to get knocked back on fab but it's the way you handle it that's key. Most are gracious, I'd like to think I am too. There is no need for abuse and as I learned it's surprising who you'll bump into further on down the road at M&G's or parties. Isn't it far nicer to be able to hold your head up high, be friendly with the person and say it's good to see you than have people avoid or badmouth you for being abusive. Who knows they might even change their mind about you once they meet you in person.

over a year ago

its hard to understand all right.

After all its not like you invest anything in your message....like reading profile, checking details, spending time finding suitable quirky line of chat. Cant imagine why anyone would be bothered if they were deleted without even been read.

Much better idea.....'u up for shag'

over a year ago

"

Much better idea.....'u up for shag' "

Don't forget the obligatory picture of the sky remote, pringles tube or other inanimate object!

over a year ago

I'm very sensitive so just say something like I'm not meeting now or you seem nice as a friend...

By *entleman36Man
over a year ago

dublin

I have often being told by women that I'm not their type and it doesn't bother me, I simply reply with a message saying thanks for replying to let me know.

Post new Message to Thread