Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

oh bliss

Jump to newest

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

now the the pike fishing season is upon us i'll be spending alot of time by the lake side in some beautiful parts of the country you cant beat waking up on crisp bright wintery morning sun glistening on the frost with a big mug of tea in hand its like heaven on earth

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ever come to Galway fishing? serious question

over a year ago

"now the the pike fishing season is upon us i'll be spending alot of time by the lake side in some beautiful parts of the country you cant beat waking up on crisp bright wintery morning sun glistening on the frost with a big mug of tea in hand its like heaven on earth "

With your rod out

over a year ago

"now the the pike fishing season is upon us i'll be spending alot of time by the lake side in some beautiful parts of the country you cant beat waking up on crisp bright wintery morning sun glistening on the frost with a big mug of tea in hand its like heaven on earth "

That's my favourite part of camping....waking up and putting the kettle on and breathing in the morning air.....can't beat it!!

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/09/14 08:31:56]

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

"Ever come to Galway fishing? serious question"

i used to fish corrib but the trout anglers put in place a sysem for netting pike ( killing them) because they belive that pike kill all the precious trout. i know a lot of pike anglers that wont fish in galway out of principle that the local fishery boards value one fish higher than another

over a year ago

"now the the pike fishing season is upon us i'll be spending alot of time by the lake side in some beautiful parts of the country you cant beat waking up on crisp bright wintery morning sun glistening on the frost with a big mug of tea in hand its like heaven on earth

That's my favourite part of camping....waking up and putting the kettle on and breathing in the morning air.....can't beat it!! "

Yes would have to agree nothing like a crisp morning when the rest of the world is sleeping

over a year ago

"Ever come to Galway fishing? serious question

i used to fish corrib but the trout anglers put in place a sysem for netting pike ( killing them) because they belive that pike kill all the precious trout. i know a lot of pike anglers that wont fish in galway out of principle that the local fishery boards value one fish higher than another "

Wow. heard something about that alright.. lol my family own a tackle shop here in galway... me....? There's only one rod Im familiar with

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

i used to fish corrib but the trout anglers put in place a sysem for netting pike ( killing them) because they belive that pike kill all the precious trout. i know a lot of pike anglers that wont fish in galway out of principle that the local fishery boards value one fish higher than another

Wow. heard something about that alright.. lol my family own a tackle shop here in galway... me....? There's only one rod Im familiar with"

its a shame because corrib had the potential to grow some monster 40 lb+ pike but it would years if not decades reverse the damage they done but thats an other days discussion

over a year ago

i used to fish corrib but the trout anglers put in place a sysem for netting pike ( killing them) because they belive that pike kill all the precious trout. i know a lot of pike anglers that wont fish in galway out of principle that the local fishery boards value one fish higher than another "

Christ they are hardly that bad , and what happened for the last few hundred years !!! More like they are over fishing trout !!

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

Christ they are hardly that bad , and what happened for the last few hundred years !!! More like they are over fishing trout !!"

i know but see the majority of the fishery boards are maned by fluff chuckers (trout anglers) and not by course or pike anglers. sure they have designated lough sheelin a "natural" trout lake i use the word natural loosely as its stocked every year so not very natural it has to be stocked as they kill all the trout they catch where as coarse and pike catch and release. they have the same policy on sheeln of netting for pike they say the remove the pike to different lakes around but i have seen skips full of pike that died in the nets

over a year ago

"now the the pike fishing season is upon us i'll be spending alot of time by the lake side in some beautiful parts of the country you cant beat waking up on crisp bright wintery morning sun glistening on the frost with a big mug of tea in hand its like heaven on earth

That's my favourite part of camping....waking up and putting the kettle on and breathing in the morning air.....can't beat it!!

Yes would have to agree nothing like a crisp morning when the rest of the world is sleeping "

Lol....or when I've been camping and noisy people have kept me awake half the night...a few banging saucepans go down a treat aswell the next morning....

over a year ago

Sounds heavenly laid! Although I'm not a camping kinda gal. I'd be more of a walk out of the balcony of ur hotel and breath in the fresh air - then scuttle back in the where it's nice and cosy and warm

over a year ago

Yes would have to agree nothing like a crisp morning when the rest of the world is sleeping

Lol....or when I've been camping and noisy people have kept me awake half the night...a few banging saucepans go down a treat aswell the next morning.... "

Ha ha. Do you always camp near me then !! Doolin last year had to be the noisiest site in ireland !

over a year ago

"Sounds heavenly laid! Although I'm not a camping kinda gal. I'd be more of a walk out of the balcony of ur hotel and breath in the fresh air - then scuttle back in the where it's nice and cosy and warm "

Lolli you need to get outdoors a little more !!

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Are the plans in place ?? I'm gaggin to get out!

over a year ago

Lol....or when I've been camping and noisy people have kept me awake half the night...a few banging saucepans go down a treat aswell the next morning....

Ha ha. Do you always camp near me then !! Doolin last year had to be the noisiest site in ireland !"

Im well behaved camping.......it was near newcastle up north.....Im very good at getting my own back though....might have to try down your way in a quiet location lol.....

over a year ago

"Sounds heavenly laid! Although I'm not a camping kinda gal. I'd be more of a walk out of the balcony of ur hotel and breath in the fresh air - then scuttle back in the where it's nice and cosy and warm

Lolli you need to get outdoors a little more !! "

I just hate spiders and I'm such a wuss!!

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

"Sounds heavenly laid! Although I'm not a camping kinda gal. I'd be more of a walk out of the balcony of ur hotel and breath in the fresh air - then scuttle back in the where it's nice and cosy and warm "

Glamping lolli. The next best thing..

over a year ago

I hear you girl. No fields, cowshite, or Wellies for me either.

over a year ago

Can you eat Pike laid?

over a year ago

"Sounds heavenly laid! Although I'm not a camping kinda gal. I'd be more of a walk out of the balcony of ur hotel and breath in the fresh air - then scuttle back in the where it's nice and cosy and warm

Glamping lolli. The next best thing.."

That's yuppie stuff

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

"Can you eat Pike laid?"

you can iv never tried it but ive heard its full of bones

over a year ago

Glamping lolli. The next best thing.."

That's what i call it lol.....but the G is representative of the gutters and mud.....

By *alwayboyMan
over a year ago

Galway

"Can you eat Pike laid?"

The German's go mad for them

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

Are the plans in place ?? I'm gaggin to get out! "

plans are afoot

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

"Can you eat Pike laid?

The German's go mad for them "

Don't mention zee war tho

over a year ago

Ha ha. Do you always camp near me then !! Doolin last year had to be the noisiest site in ireland !

Im well behaved camping.......it was near newcastle up north.....Im very good at getting my own back though....might have to try down your way in a quiet location lol..... "

Plenty of quiet spots round these parts must pack my double sleeping bag or can you get a threesome bag ? That could be fun ..lol

over a year ago

Im well behaved camping.......it was near newcastle up north.....Im very good at getting my own back though....might have to try down your way in a quiet location lol.....

Plenty of quiet spots round these parts must pack my double sleeping bag or can you get a threesome bag ? That could be fun ..lol "

Haha.....i love those double sleeping bags....shhhh don't tell Mr p.....

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

the fishist bastards

stamp out fishism i say

over a year ago

the fishist bastards

stamp out fishism i say"

HahaHal!

over a year ago

I just hate spiders and I'm such a wuss!!"

We should all go glamping

over a year ago

Plenty of quiet spots round these parts must pack my double sleeping bag or can you get a threesome bag ? That could be fun ..lol

Haha.....i love those double sleeping bags....shhhh don't tell Mr p..... "

Ha ha. He will never think of looking in these parts have you ever tried two in a single !!! Real up close !!!

By *ecretly seductiveWoman
over a year ago

Palookaville

I'm with you lolli!!

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

the fishist bastards

stamp out fishism i say"

over a year ago

We should all go glamping"

Genius idea...

By *aid back OP   Man
over a year ago

We should all go glamping"

u still get spiders glamping

By *ohngillerMan
over a year ago

Near Town

Nonsense! I fish on the corrib daily and plenty of pike about. I enjoy pike season and never have any problem hitting pike!

Post new Message to Thread