Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

freedom of expression!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Let's see how we can stay within the rules.... You know when the police beats you up and punishes you for expressing discontent about a situation, when they play god because they feel more important and above the common Joe!

I'm talking of course about this imaginary scenario whats your opinion about it, should another person dictate what you should say or not say just because they are in a position to do so?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Well it depends every one is untitled to freedom of speech.

But it depends.

Not really sure what's this about.

A general debate or a slight dig.

over a year ago

Just about the same as the wow thread

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Like i said

In that impossible to know.

over a year ago

"Like i said

In that impossible to know. "

Use your imagination, you might get it....

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"Like i said

In that impossible to know.

Use your imagination, you might get it.... "

I prefer to use my imagination for much more dirty things than that.

What Will Be Will Be.

No matter what way u dress it up.

over a year ago

Well you know is a very common occurrences in the world this days! It seems like we going backwards not forward!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So feckin philosophical at this wee hour.

Freedom comes at a price and as such should be earned: consult ancient Greeks or get the compressed version from starship troopers.

*sighs* letmebeyourfantasy, PLEASE be my fantasy for a bit, today's topics on this forum have been very non inspiring.

over a year ago

"So feckin philosophical at this wee hour.

Freedom comes at a price and as such should be earned: consult ancient Greeks or get the compressed version from starship troopers.

*sighs* letmebeyourfantasy, PLEASE be my fantasy for a bit, today's topics on this forum have been very non inspiring. "

So are you suggesting we start a rebellion? I like that idea

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

*sighs* letmebeyourfantasy, PLEASE be my fantasy for a bit, today's topics on this forum have been very non inspiring. "

over a year ago

In fairness I wouldn't my that fantasy either

By *ecretly seductiveWoman
over a year ago

Palookaville

"Let's see how we can stay within the rules.... You know when the police beats you up and punishes you for expressing discontent about a situation, when they play god because they feel more important and above the common Joe!

I'm talking of course about this imaginary scenario whats your opinion about it, should another person dictate what you should say or not say just because they are in a position to do so? "

don't know how it is down south but up here The police don't usually beat you or harass you for expressing discontent or an opinion. Nor do many go around playing God because of some superiority complex. They just tend to try and do their job without getting hurt or shot or blown up. I'm sure as with any job that involves dealing with scummy people out to hurt others... or steal etc they get a little jaded. In this instance they are not dictating what you should say. . They are applying the law of the land. .. which generally keeps us all safe

By *urferniMan
over a year ago

Antrim

"Let's see how we can stay within the rules.... You know when the police beats you up and punishes you for expressing discontent about a situation, when they play god because they feel more important and above the common Joe!

I'm talking of course about this imaginary scenario whats your opinion about it, should another person dictate what you should say or not say just because they are in a position to do so?

don't know how it is down south but up here The police don't usually beat you or harass you for expressing discontent or an opinion. Nor do many go around playing God because of some superiority complex. They just tend to try and do their job without getting hurt or shot or blown up. I'm sure as with any job that involves dealing with scummy people out to hurt others... or steal etc they get a little jaded. In this instance they are not dictating what you should say. . They are applying the law of the land. .. which generally keeps us all safe "

Makes me wonder what sort of totalitarian state the op lives in

By *ecretly seductiveWoman
over a year ago

Palookaville

don't know how it is down south but up here The police don't usually beat you or harass you for expressing discontent or an opinion. Nor do many go around playing God because of some superiority complex. They just tend to try and do their job without getting hurt or shot or blown up. I'm sure as with any job that involves dealing with scummy people out to hurt others... or steal etc they get a little jaded. In this instance they are not dictating what you should say. . They are applying the law of the land. .. which generally keeps us all safe

Makes me wonder what sort of totalitarian state the op lives in "

not just me then a bit lost! ?

over a year ago

don't know how it is down south but up here The police don't usually beat you or harass you for expressing discontent or an opinion. Nor do many go around playing God because of some superiority complex. They just tend to try and do their job without getting hurt or shot or blown up. I'm sure as with any job that involves dealing with scummy people out to hurt others... or steal etc they get a little jaded. In this instance they are not dictating what you should say. . They are applying the law of the land. .. which generally keeps us all safe "

Completely off the point lol but you nearly open a different can or worms there lol ??

By *urferniMan
over a year ago

Antrim

Makes me wonder what sort of totalitarian state the op lives in

not just me then a bit lost! ?

"

No! I'm totally confused Maybe it's the plot of an XBox game?

over a year ago

So I'm guessing that the op got a slap off a garda for being a bit Gobby ???

And Totalitarian state... Ffs ???????

And I'm not referring to the OP with this comment, but when it comes to interactions with the law of the land going "wrong", I think Forrest Gump put it Perfectly

"Stupid is as Stupid does"

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

If you think that there are restrictions of speech here then you are right. BUT those restrictions are there for our protection.

over a year ago

The police are there to do a dangerous job....so i suppose if they didn't have an authoritative nature about them they wouldn't be taken to seriously...i have saw both sides of the police over the years and I've saw the arrogant side aswell where instead of defuseing a situation....there is fuel added to the fire....the police are human beings in a roll a bit like a robot really trained to play by the law....its whether or not they put their own head on rather than the police trained head determines how they deal with a situation...that's just my opinion...

over a year ago

The op (correct me if I'm wrong) was using the example of the police to mask the fact he was talking about fab mods and the removal of a thread that was up last night

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

young cops here now seem like nice guys,i find

think they joined during the boom and could of had lots of careers but chose cops for right reasons,to help ppl

unlike the older guys who joined cause the were tall and from the wesht and for the pension

over a year ago

Maybe I should send private messages to everyone lol its really a metaphor! For something else that happened, unfortunately I don't feel like joining Thoses ppl yet

over a year ago

"Maybe I should send private messages to everyone lol its really a metaphor! For something else that happened, unfortunately I don't feel like joining Thoses ppl yet "

So lolli was right then......

over a year ago

"Maybe I should send private messages to everyone lol its really a metaphor! For something else that happened, unfortunately I don't feel like joining Thoses ppl yet

So lolli was right then......"

I'm not admitting to that!

over a year ago

"

young cops here now seem like nice guys,i find

think they joined during the boom and could of had lots of careers but chose cops for right reasons,to help ppl

unlike the older guys who joined cause the were tall and from the wesht and for the pension

"

leave the wesht alone

By *alwayboyMan
over a year ago

Galway

The wests awake Hal

over a year ago

"Maybe I should send private messages to everyone lol its really a metaphor! For something else that happened, unfortunately I don't feel like joining Thoses ppl yet

I'm not admitting to that! "

Why not?

over a year ago

Why not? "

Lately I have been sitting in the naughty corner too many times! And that is just this week

over a year ago

Why not?

Lately I have been sitting in the naughty corner too many times! And that is just this week "

Ah!! I get ya, I thought it was coz I said it, not coz of the content

over a year ago

Why not?

Lately I have been sitting in the naughty corner too many times! And that is just this week "

I've been naughty aswell.....can i come and sit on your knee.....

over a year ago

Why not?

Lately I have been sitting in the naughty corner too many times! And that is just this week

I've been naughty aswell.....can i come and sit on your knee..... "

You can but you better hurry I heard numbers on naughty corner are racking up fast

over a year ago

Also I don't promise to keep my hands to myself Mrs OP

over a year ago

"Also I don't promise to keep my hands to myself Mrs OP"

Ha....keep my spot warm.....

over a year ago

"Also I don't promise to keep my hands to myself Mrs OP

Ha....keep my spot warm..... "

I hope you are thinking of same "spot" than me

over a year ago

my head hurts from this philosophy already...

look, its simples: only those that deserve it get to vote. not every tom dick and harry gets to vote, its a tyrrany of the masses then.

until you did some good for your contry and nation, you dont get to say what happens to it...

will one of the ladies PLEASE just hug me from behind, warm me up a bit? I start getting raving shakes in these kind of discussions...

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"Maybe I should send private messages to everyone lol its really a metaphor! For something else that happened, unfortunately I don't feel like joining Thoses ppl yet "

I realized what you were alluding to and my post was alluding to it as well. I think many of the posts about the police are just as valid

over a year ago

I realized what you were alluding to and my post was alluding to it as well. I think many of the posts about the police are just as valid"

Police should be looking for unlawful behaviour, not some peaceful protesters ranting about something they are unhappy about! But they simply get a kick from silencing you from your opinion

over a year ago

the police is doing what it is being told to do...

its not them you need to worry about, its the ones above them that are the trouble

Post new Message to Thread