Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Why are bi men not honest on profiles

Jump to newest

By *enandmolly OP   Couple
over a year ago

Galway

Hi all, we are new to fab but have been on other sites and played mainly in gran canaria. We love bi men and are only interested in meeting bi men, however we are consistently being mailed by men who are straight in their profiles but claim to be bi when mailing is. Some say that they get no meets if they put bi on their profiles. For us honesty is paramount on a profile and we cannot understand in this day and age why people feel the need to lie on their profiles, after all this is a swinging site and we all are here to fulfil different needs. Why are bi men unacceptable to some for them to feel the need to put straight on a profile when that is not true?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nnistukCouple
over a year ago

meath

Have to say you hit a sensitive topic there guys !!!

Neatly 20 years coming across the same hurdles time n again.

over a year ago

Galway

"Have to say you hit a sensitive topic there guys !!!

Neatly 20 years coming across the same hurdles time n again. "

Why sensitive, a lot of bi men are just sexually bi and not wanting nor capable of having a relationship with a male. I as the female here have absolutely no problem with this as I feel people should be allowed to be loved and accepted for themselves thus I knowingly chose to marry a bi male. I personally find bi males more relaxed and better company

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Have to say you hit a sensitive topic there guys !!!

Neatly 20 years coming across the same hurdles time n again.

Why sensitive, a lot of bi men are just sexually bi and not wanting nor capable of having a relationship with a male. I as the female here have absolutely no problem with this as I feel people should be allowed to be loved and accepted for themselves thus I knowingly chose to marry a bi male. I personally find bi males more relaxed and better company"

Alas not all on here share your open minded views. Theres still a stigma attached to the male sexuality.

over a year ago

This has come a few times. There seems to be a lot of prejudice towards bi men unfortunately. Even on this swinger site. Some women don't want to meet men if they say they are bisexual.

over a year ago

1st of all, I agree with you that they should put their profile as bi.

Maybe because there are a good few profiles that say no bi guys! Meaning you cut down on the number of people who will chat with you, in an already loaded against single guys situation.

I have str8 on profile because I have never had a bisexual experience.

Am I bi-curious? Not sure either?

So it's a silly thing to be Pigeon holed into a group (bi or bi-curious) that makes it harder to establish contact.

If I did have some kinder bi met and liked it I would change my profile after that.

If a guy is bi and puts straight then he is clearly not being honest with himself and I see why you wouldn't continue contact.

I understand honesty but we are on a site that makes it hard to be 100% honest 100% of the time.....it's the curse of the internet.

Hope that makes sense.

over a year ago

Shame really because my preference rules out meeting you guys ;(

over a year ago

Galway

It really is such a shame that predudice is alive on a swingers site. As Shakespeare said ' To thine own self be true'. Bi men are part of life and have as much to offer as any male, here we are in a country that will be voting for gay marriage and yet bi men cannot be honest on their profiles here. It's a sad state of affairs as we do not meet with men who are not honest on their profiles but yet we are mailed regularly with males who feel they cannot be honest here.

over a year ago

It's really not up to us to tell people how they label themselves or force our labels on them.

Why are people not honest? Who knows? Is it actually our business? Some people lie about their height, size, marital status etc on their profiles. Sometimes saying things out loud or in a profile is a huge step for someone.

If a straight-in-their-profile person contacts someone and tell them right away they're bi, they are being honest with the people they chose to be honest with. I think that's their choice and right. Be flattered if they feel comfortable telling you. It probably wasn't easy for them.

Walk in someone else's shoes first before you judge them for being dishonest. There's a reason why so many people are in the closet. It's judgemental people.

over a year ago

Galway

"It's really not up to us to tell people how they label themselves or force our labels on them.

Why are people not honest? Who knows? Is it actually our business? Some people lie about their height, size, marital status etc on their profiles. Sometimes saying things out loud or in a profile is a huge step for someone.

If a straight-in-their-profile person contacts someone and tell them right away they're bi, they are being honest with the people they chose to be honest with. I think that's their choice and right. Be flattered if they feel comfortable telling you. It probably wasn't easy for them.

Walk in someone else's shoes first before you judge them for being dishonest. There's a reason why so many people are in the closet. It's judgemental people. "

How am I being judgemental, my question is why do they feel the need to put straight on their profiles, I am not judging anyone by asking this . If men mail us and say they are bi when they have straight on their profiles how are we to know this is true, we don't waste people's time nor do we wish our time to be wasted. I do not accept that on an anonymous swingers site people should feel the need not to be truely themselves and meet people who will accept them wholeheartedly as they are. We do not judge we are asking if their is an under lying issue here on fab that make people choose straight when they are bi. It appears to be perfectly acceptable for women to put bi up but the men who have mailed us all say that they get no meets here if they put up bi. Now how on gods earth are we being judgemental?

over a year ago

Sorry you got me wrong. It was partially in reply to fun4's post who says he would put down bi if he was.

And the term judgemental was in reference to people on here and in real life being judgemental and therefore bi men making the choice to come out to only people they know are not judgemental about it.

over a year ago

"It's really not up to us to tell people how they label themselves or force our labels on them.

Walk in someone else's shoes first before you judge them for being dishonest. There's a reason why so many people are in the closet. It's judgemental people.

How am I being judgemental, my question is why do they feel the need to put straight on their profiles, I am not judging anyone by asking this . If men mail us and say they are bi when they have straight on their profiles how are we to know this is true, we don't waste people's time nor do we wish our time to be wasted. I do not accept that on an anonymous swingers site people should feel the need not to be truely themselves and meet people who will accept them wholeheartedly as they are. We do not judge we are asking if their is an under lying issue here on fab that make people choose straight when they are bi. It appears to be perfectly acceptable for women to put bi up but the men who have mailed us all say that they get no meets here if they put up bi. Now how on gods earth are we being judgemental?"

She wasnt calling you judgemental...just people in general.

over a year ago

Galway

How am I being judgemental, my question is why do they feel the need to put straight on their profiles, I am not judging anyone by asking this . If men mail us and say they are bi when they have straight on their profiles how are we to know this is true, we don't waste people's time nor do we wish our time to be wasted. I do not accept that on an anonymous swingers site people should feel the need not to be truely themselves and meet people who will accept them wholeheartedly as they are. We do not judge we are asking if their is an under lying issue here on fab that make people choose straight when they are bi. It appears to be perfectly acceptable for women to put bi up but the men who have mailed us all say that they get no meets here if they put up bi. Now how on gods earth are we being judgemental?

She wasnt calling you judgemental...just people in general. "

I too believe that a lot here on fab are judgemental but again that's their prerogative , I just think it's a shame that genuine bi men have to put straight on their profiles when that is not true and this in turn causes people like is to turn them down as we do not know if they are genuinely bi or not. I wonder is it that the term bi is misunderstood, not every bi male wants a full blown relationship with a guy. As I said before a lot of bi men only enjoy the physical side and would not want anything more than that.

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

and surrounding areas

"Hi all, we are new to fab but have been on other sites and played mainly in gran canaria. We love bi men and are only interested in meeting bi men, however we are consistently being mailed by men who are straight in their profiles but claim to be bi when mailing is. Some say that they get no meets if they put bi on their profiles. For us honesty is paramount on a profile and we cannot understand in this day and age why people feel the need to lie on their profiles, after all this is a swinging site and we all are here to fulfil different needs. Why are bi men unacceptable to some for them to feel the need to put straight on a profile when that is not true?"

weve been saying this to every straight guy and tbh it gets so frustrating saying the same thing every time . ur profile says ur straight to which they say but i am bi lol..

mr crazy

over a year ago

have seen this in action in the chatroom, guys suddenly becoming bi because a couple looking a bi guy....bit sad...but for the record..quite a lot of straight guys are...strangely enough...straight!!!

over a year ago

Have had bi expierences from here within a group situation as if I'm honest I wouldn't have the nerve to meet a guy 1 on 1 it offends some maybe i should should just keep it to myself

over a year ago

Well I decided to come clean so to speak - and yes one or two women have turned me down because of it but I prefer to be honest and see where it leads - I am on here to explore my sexual desires after all!! But it is amazing how many "straight" guys have contacted me - even guys who are on here in a couple but the other half doesn't know about their bi interests. Seems a shame not to be going behind someone's back even though they are open enough with each other to be on a swing site!!

over a year ago

Galway

"Have had bi expierences from here within a group situation as if I'm honest I wouldn't have the nerve to meet a guy 1 on 1 it offends some maybe i should should just keep it to myself"

Why should you have to keep your feelings on this and your experiences to yourself. No one should judge anyone regardless and who are we to say what's right and wrong as long as no one is physically or emotionally damaged. Is it not important that on sites like this where we all claim to be free spirited swingers that we should all have the right to be true to ourselves without nasty comments or ridicule

over a year ago

Don't see how a guy putting himself down as bisexual would turn someone off when most of the female population in swinging claim to be bisexual themselves!

Very judgemental and hypocritical but that seems to be the norm!

over a year ago

Galway

"Well I decided to come clean so to speak - and yes one or two women have turned me down because of it but I prefer to be honest and see where it leads - I am on here to explore my sexual desires after all!! But it is amazing how many "straight" guys have contacted me - even guys who are on here in a couple but the other half doesn't know about their bi interests. Seems a shame not to be going behind someone's back even though they are open enough with each other to be on a swing site!!"

Have to agree and so true , why would you want to play with anyone if you can't truely let yourself go and be respected for that. Wouldn't it be better to be with true like minded people rather than having meets for the sake of it?

over a year ago

Galway

"Don't see how a guy putting himself down as bisexual would turn someone off when most of the female population in swinging claim to be bisexual themselves!

Very judgemental and hypocritical but that seems to be the norm! "

Agree wholeheartedly with this, are people open minded here or are they people who want to be but just can't. I've watched all the forums and for a swingers site there certainly is a lot of biased

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

Having read this thread it comes to mind the amount of ladies that say they are bi but in reality they only put it there to fend off guys, I have seen numerous ladies profiles that have this but all their veris are from males

To the op its a numbers game the ratio of men to women if u factor in the I won't meet bi guys that ratio goes way up so by playing the numbers a lot of guys are hedging their bets on getting a meet. Yes they are not being true to themselves but its supply and demand

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

and surrounding areas

"Don't see how a guy putting himself down as bisexual would turn someone off when most of the female population in swinging claim to be bisexual themselves!

Very judgemental and hypocritical but that seems to be the norm! "

u also have the bi females who arent really bi at all doing the opposite , but that seems to ok here , nothing gets said to them but its defo more accectable for women to lie here than men ,

we are honest here an only look for bi or bi curious guys to play when we look for single guys but so many lie on there profile , that itsself turns us off meeting them straight away , we prefer honesty from the start .

mrs crazy

over a year ago

First I'm very surprised at the small amount of guys commenting on this issue.

I'm straight, I feel straight because men really don't do it for me! Don't make me go the same crazy horny when I see a nice pair of boobs or a curvy water with a sweet round ass and a spread pussy waiting....

Saying that I have some brief bi encounter in group situation where dude goes grabs my cock or even sucking it, I got two choices I freak the fuck out or go with the flow.... Guess what I do? Not hard is it?

So here is the thing I'm straight but if I ever meet a guy that would make feel same way as a woman well then I wouldn't limit my self to put a labelled on my sexuality. But I would go out of my way to seek a man!

Thoses all that ranting make sense? It's the same as bi curious wtf? If you curious try it, but the thing is something there are.good and bad.encounters regardless whether is with a man or a woman or a cpl that's just reality of things. I don't think they go hiding the fact I just think that they might like to try it and push their comfort level further! (logical explanation).

over a year ago

I am a bi man and that couples or single woman will state they are not interested in meeting bi men is there prerogative. I think they have likely got reasonable and to a point understandable reasons for their preference.

However the part of swinging I really enjoy besides the sex is that you can be honest and open with swinging friends and playmates and not have to pretend to be anything your not. If it means reducing the number of potential meets so be it.

over a year ago

Galway

"First I'm very surprised at the small amount of guys commenting on this issue.

I'm straight, I feel straight because men really don't do it for me! Don't make me go the same crazy horny when I see a nice pair of boobs or a curvy water with a sweet round ass and a spread pussy waiting....

Saying that I have some brief bi encounter in group situation where dude goes grabs my cock or even sucking it, I got two choices I freak the fuck out or go with the flow.... Guess what I do? Not hard is it?

So here is the thing I'm straight but if I ever meet a guy that would make feel same way as a woman well then I wouldn't limit my self to put a labelled on my sexuality. But I would go out of my way to seek a man!

Thoses all that ranting make sense? It's the same as bi curious wtf? If you curious try it, but the thing is something there are.good and bad.encounters regardless whether is with a man or a woman or a cpl that's just reality of things. I don't think they go hiding the fact I just think that they might like to try it and push their comfort level further! (logical explanation).

"

I'm finding it difficult to see where you are coming from here and how it relates to my original question. We are actively seeking a bi male that is , a male who has had full on bi experiences with other men and enjoyed it. We are not looking for a bi curious male as we are not curious ourselves , we know what we are and what we are looking for. So again the original question was, why do genuine experienced bi men feel they have to put straight on their profiles. I don't think asking for a bi male who is comfortable enough and sure enough of himself to put it on his profile is in any way labelling. For example I go into tescos and am looking for Kellogg's cornflakes , there are loads of different cornflakes , how on gods earth do I get what I want unless it's labelled as such.

over a year ago

Galway

"I am a bi man and that couples or single woman will state they are not interested in meeting bi men is there prerogative. I think they have likely got reasonable and to a point understandable reasons for their preference.

However the part of swinging I really enjoy besides the sex is that you can be honest and open with swinging friends and playmates and not have to pretend to be anything your not. If it means reducing the number of potential meets so be it.

"

Well said and admirable touché

over a year ago

I think when it's comes to people real people not a brand of corn flakes in a supermarket it's a little more complicated than that everyone has a reason behind their actions my reasons are not same as yours or next Joe coming! So speak to them fond out what they like or not if they tell you they are bi well maybe they are! But they full they would labelled themselves simple!

over a year ago

"I am a bi man and that couples or single woman will state they are not interested in meeting bi men is there prerogative. I think they have likely got reasonable and to a point understandable reasons for their preference.

Well said and admirable touché "

That's it in a nutshell! Well said

over a year ago

"Hi all, we are new to fab but have been on other sites and played mainly in gran canaria. We love bi men and are only interested in meeting bi men, however we are consistently being mailed by men who are straight in their profiles but claim to be bi when mailing is. Some say that they get no meets if they put bi on their profiles. For us honesty is paramount on a profile and we cannot understand in this day and age why people feel the need to lie on their profiles, after all this is a swinging site and we all are here to fulfil different needs. Why are bi men unacceptable to some for them to feel the need to put straight on a profile when that is not true?"

People lie here all the time...

Very interesting pic by the way...

over a year ago

Galway

"I think when it's comes to people real people not a brand of corn flakes in a supermarket it's a little more complicated than that everyone has a reason behind their actions my reasons are not same as yours or next Joe coming! So speak to them fond out what they like or not if they tell you they are bi well maybe they are! But they full they would labelled themselves simple! "

Look it was an example and the first one that came to mind, yes maybe they are and maybe they are not but how are we to know? We are straight up on our profile about what we are looking for and as I said before we could take a chance and meet someone who said they were bi but had straight on their profile. However we are proud of Ben being bi and we would like to meet another male who doesn't feel the need to hide his sexuality. The reasons men have given to is for this appears to be mainly that being a bi male is not popular here on fab and that they tend to get less meets if they are honest. Personally I'd prefer less meets rather than being with people for the sake of it and not being able to experience full sexuality regardless of what that might mean to a particular individual

over a year ago

"I think when it's comes to people real people not a brand of corn flakes in a supermarket it's a little more complicated than that everyone has a reason behind their actions my reasons are not same as yours or next Joe coming! So speak to them fond out what they like or not if they tell you they are bi well maybe they are! But they full they would labelled themselves simple!

Look it was an example and the first one that came to mind, yes maybe they are and maybe they are not but how are we to know? We are straight up on our profile about what we are looking for and as I said before we could take a chance and meet someone who said they were bi but had straight on their profile. However we are proud of Ben being bi and we would like to meet another male who doesn't feel the need to hide his sexuality. The reasons men have given to is for this appears to be mainly that being a bi male is not popular here on fab and that they tend to get less meets if they are honest. Personally I'd prefer less meets rather than being with people for the sake of it and not being able to experience full sexuality regardless of what that might mean to a particular individual"

Agree 100% … again

over a year ago

Loads of guys wont put it on their profile cus they wont get meets. Simple as.

We have met and played with loads of "str8" guys who aren't "out" to other people on this site.. and its just simply for that reason.. if they state their bi, they wont get meets.

We also know guys from couples who are bi and wont tell their partner.

Personally, we don't give a fk about that, but, for their own enjoyment, they should open up and let them know.. cus theres a bit more fun to be had when its all relaxed and everyone knows

Do labels really matter ?

Probably on a site like this they do, sadly.. just read some profiles with statements about "bi people"... wow.. youd think theyre gonna catch something if they go within 5 foot of a bi person!

Do people still judge others on sexuality ? Yeah, sadly they do, and, were so looking forward to the day when it doesn't matter... but, prob wont be in our lifetime, maybe future generations.... perhaps ?

On a good note, its good to see so many couples being honest and when theres a search for "bi" couples, quite a lot come up now, so, good to see that side of site growing also.

Oh on a personal note I (male) sometimes put str8 on our profile setting, depending on the mood. Just to confuse matters even more!!

St8, bi, gay, other... doesn't matter.. set your rules at start and everyone play within rules

over a year ago

Welcome back crazy Diamonds...its been ages

over a year ago

Galway

It's like everything in life, stigmas destroy lives and we should all at least try to live and let live. Allow people to feel accepted regardless of how they are. Bi men should not feel stigmatised for being bi to the point where they have to hide it on a swingers site! That's just plain madness

over a year ago

hey anniemal

over a year ago

I guess but not been as confident with the bi side rejection or abuse can set you back remember it's a very tentative thing starting out from a straight to a bi expierence and the slightest thing could put you off. If everything doesn't run smoothly it could be a total disaster

over a year ago

Galway

"I guess but not been as confident with the bi side rejection or abuse can set you back remember it's a very tentative thing starting out from a straight to a bi expierence and the slightest thing could put you off. If everything doesn't run smoothly it could be a total disaster "

Yes I agree with you there, all in your own time and a pace that is comfortable , it's just that we are looking for a bi male who had already jumped those hurdles

over a year ago

"

Fantastic response, I so agree with you

over a year ago

Iin fairness yes my expierences have been more with the " goin with the flow" style and that has fuelled my curiosity the expierences have been great so far thank god but all bout getting to be as confident as the guy you expect

over a year ago

In addition to what I've said before it's actually quite a few single women who don't want to meet bi men. So if a bi man also wants to meet single women, this label could stop him from having hetero meets.

A woman (on this site) once told me in private that she thinks men having sex with each other is dirty and bi men therefore quite likely have STDs. She also thought that they're not man enough.

I'm not sure if she was alone in her opinion, but judging from previous threads about this, she's not.

over a year ago

We get "str8" guys emailing us all the time telling us they are bi in secret,but we have clearly on our profile if it doesnt say bi on your profile its no thanks.They still chance their arms!! be honest about who and what u its far better and more likely to get u a meet

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

Would a more accurate title for the thread be "Why do straight guys lie on profiles"

over a year ago

"hey anniemal "

xx

over a year ago

Personally I think they do it to maximise results, put "Bi" on your profile and you immediately rule out a lot of single fems and couples, put "straight" and you can message peeps privately who is looking for a bi guy

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"Personally I think they do it to maximise results, put "Bi" on your profile and you immediately rule out a lot of single fems and couples, put "straight" and you can message peeps privately who is looking for a bi guy"

But irrationally a lot of people discriminate and won't meet someone who lies!

over a year ago

Galway

"Personally I think they do it to maximise results, put "Bi" on your profile and you immediately rule out a lot of single fems and couples, put "straight" and you can message peeps privately who is looking for a bi guy

But irrationally a lot of people discriminate and won't meet someone who lies!"

Why is it irrational not to want to meet someone who has not been honest on their profile? Surely we are all entitled to be respected with our meets, I don't consider it respectful to lie on your profile and then meet someone and land the truth on them at the meet.

over a year ago

Galway

"In addition to what I've said before it's actually quite a few single women who don't want to meet bi men. So if a bi man also wants to meet single women, this label could stop him from having hetero meets.

A woman (on this site) once told me in private that she thinks men having sex with each other is dirty and bi men therefore quite likely have STDs. She also thought that they're not man enough.

I'm not sure if she was alone in her opinion, but judging from previous threads about this, she's not.

"

I would suspect that what you have said here is more like the truth of the attitude out there about bi men. I find that kind of attitude and broad generalisation quite disturbing. Yes you do get bi men that take chances with their sexual health but again it is not all, you also get straight guys who do the same and women and couples. That is why I feel that if a bi male is honest at least he is aware and open with his status and more often than not taking care of his sexual health. In the case of married couples where the husband is bi playing only occurs with the female is there and thus sexual health on our part is well monitored.

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"Personally I think they do it to maximise results, put "Bi" on your profile and you immediately rule out a lot of single fems and couples, put "straight" and you can message peeps privately who is looking for a bi guy

But irrationally a lot of people discriminate and won't meet someone who lies!

Why is it irrational not to want to meet someone who has not been honest on their profile? Surely we are all entitled to be respected with our meets, I don't consider it respectful to lie on your profile and then meet someone and land the truth on them at the meet."

I was trying to be sarcastic!

over a year ago

Galway

On another note about why it is important to be honest on a profile and to encourage people to do so, there are an awful lot of men out their who have straight on their profiles and who have had plenty of verifications from straight couples and straight females who are in fact actively bi. So those that say they do not want bi male meets should think again about the meets they actually have had!

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

There are often threads on a similar vein. The often voiced view is because they are fucking a TV and don't fancy guys then they are straight.

My view is very different but it's just my opinion

over a year ago

Galway

"There are often threads on a similar vein. The often voiced view is because they are fucking a TV and don't fancy guys then they are straight.

My view is very different but it's just my opinion"

I have seen those threads too , it could be a case that the male is not at a stage of acceptance of his status due to the scaremongering here and the ill informed who aren't aware of what it actually means to be bi. It's like everything , gossip and scaremongering force people to shy away from their status and force some to even delude themselves. Sad that this is the case in 2014 when gay rights are being faught so hard and are being put to the vote. Small mindedness does not help either

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

and surrounding areas

"In addition to what I've said before it's actually quite a few single women who don't want to meet bi men. So if a bi man also wants to meet single women, this label could stop him from having hetero meets.

I would suspect that what you have said here is more like the truth of the attitude out there about bi men. I find that kind of attitude and broad generalisation quite disturbing. Yes you do get bi men that take chances with their sexual health but again it is not all, you also get straight guys who do the same and women and couples. That is why I feel that if a bi male is honest at least he is aware and open with his status and more often than not taking care of his sexual health. In the case of married couples where the husband is bi playing only occurs with the female is there and thus sexual health on our part is well monitored. "

agree here

mr crazy is only bi playful in a meet as he enjoys it and not having to worry where hands are etc is a great feeling for us both but outside that he isnt attracted to guys and would never meet a guy alone

mrs crazy

over a year ago

True but things can change with the right company

over a year ago

Galway

"True but things can change with the right company "

Yes it can but the original post was why genuine experienced bi males are unable to be honest on their profiles. This post isn't about bi curious

Post new Message to Thread