Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

9/11

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hard to believe its been 13 years already it happend RIP never forgotten i was working in kilkenny on my lunch break where i saw the second plane hit on the news.I had two cousins working near by but all were ok thank god.Can u rem where u were when it happend.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was walking on Grafton St. shopping with my friend, her hubby rang her to tell her what has happened as they were due to go to NY that week.

Remember it like yesterday.

Hard to believe that many years have passed.

over a year ago

Oh god yeah its 911

I've family that were injured in the building but no fatalities thank god

over a year ago

I was in Irish class

over a year ago

"I was in Irish class"

In college. ?

over a year ago

"I was in Irish class

In college. ?"

In secondary school. Leaving Cert

over a year ago

"I was in Irish class

In college. ?

In secondary school. Leaving Cert "

Oh you're young. . had to check your page there. My bad

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

I remember it well was in London at the time. Walking at a Heathrow airport still sends shivers seeing the second plane hit the tower.

over a year ago

"I was in Irish class

In college. ?

Oh you're young. . had to check your page there. My bad "

Surely you are not 32

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"I remember it well was in London at the time. Walking at a Heathrow airport still sends shivers seeing the second plane hit the tower. "
not walking working.

over a year ago

In a staff room drinking coffee

over a year ago

"I was in Irish class

In college. ?

Oh you're young. . had to check your page there. My bad

Surely you are not 32"

Genuinely am

over a year ago

I was in gran canaria sitting at the bar for happy hour and it came on the tv, watching the second plane hit was horrific

By *ecretly seductiveWoman
over a year ago

Palookaville

I was in work and the store next door was a currys with tvs in the windows. I wondered what everyone was looking at. I went out to see and it took me so long to comprehend

it was real. I saw the second plane hit and stood and watched along with that store manager with tears running down our faces in utter shock. I just watched sky news The rest of the day with horror as everything unfolded and thinking how it would feel if I had anyone on those flights or in new York. Its my generations jfk moment. My heart still goes out to all the victims families. I've been to ground zero twice and it is so shocking to see the size of the area. RIP

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

I was in work

does anyone remember where they were when they heard over 500000 iragi children died because of us sanctions blocking medical and humanitarian aid since the first iraq war?

over a year ago

I was preparing to go to work

over a year ago

Palookaville

"I was in work

does anyone remember where they were when they heard over 500000 iragi children died because of us sanctions blocking medical and humanitarian aid since the first iraq war?"

I never knew that. . That's awful!

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

I was flying home from london .

over a year ago

I was just home from school, my nan was upstairs crying cos her sister worked in the WTC, luckily she missed her train to work and didn't bother going in!

over a year ago

"I was just home from school, my nan was upstairs crying cos her sister worked in the WTC, luckily she missed her train to work and didn't bother going in! "

No way!??? I love hearing stories like that

over a year ago

"I was just home from school, my nan was upstairs crying cos her sister worked in the WTC, luckily she missed her train to work and didn't bother going in!

No way!??? I love hearing stories like that"

It was a horrible few hours as we couldn't get in touch with her!

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

"I was in work

does anyone remember where they were when they heard over 500000 iragi children died because of us sanctions blocking medical and humanitarian aid since the first iraq war?

I never knew that. . That's awful! "

Yeah funnily enough the americans didn't bring that up (or consider it) when they invaded iraq in response to something a group of mainly Saudi's did.... What's that? It's all about Oil you say? Surely not!

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"I was in work

does anyone remember where they were when they heard over 500000 iragi children died because of us sanctions blocking medical and humanitarian aid since the first iraq war?"

I was under the impression that the sanctions were UN rather than us and imposed because Sadaam Hussein refused access to UN weapons inspectors. It was that refusal that resulted in the subsequent deaths and loss of British soldiers deaths in Iraq

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Never forgotten,

Respect to the people of New York and United 93

over a year ago

I was at home and a friend phoned to tell me to turn on the news.

No matter your views on G Dubu's subsequent 'war on terror' this was horrific

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"I was in work

I was under the impression that the sanctions were UN rather than us and imposed because Sadaam Hussein refused access to UN weapons inspectors. It was that refusal that resulted in the subsequent deaths and loss of British soldiers deaths in Iraq"

have you really brought up the weapons of mass destruction lie??

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"I was in work

I was under the impression that the sanctions were UN rather than us and imposed because Sadaam Hussein refused access to UN weapons inspectors. It was that refusal that resulted in the subsequent deaths and loss of British soldiers deaths in Iraq"

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"I was in work

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Fuckin fone

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"I was in work

I was under the impression that the sanctions were UN rather than us and imposed because Sadaam Hussein refused access to UN weapons inspectors. It was that refusal that resulted in the subsequent deaths and loss of British soldiers deaths in Iraq

have you really brought up the weapons of mass destruction lie??"

Typical Irish response - moved from the "whatsboutery " of our own troubles to "whatsboutery" on a global scale....

If yiu want to talk about the genocide in Middle East start a thread ....I for one will agree with (most of) your comments ....

over a year ago

I was in school and we all mitched off to go watch the news coverage it was heart breaking stuff

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Seth MacFarlane and mark wahlberg were meant to be on those flights and missed them.

Seth due to a hangover.

over a year ago

"Hard to believe its been 13 years already it happend RIP never forgotten i was working in kilkenny on my lunch break where i saw the second plane hit on the news.I had two cousins working near by but all were ok thank god.Can u rem where u were when it happend."

Yeah it's 9/11

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/09/14 11:31:48]

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I was in work

Typical Irish response - moved from the "whatsboutery " of our own troubles to "whatsboutery" on a global scale....

If yiu want to talk about the genocide in Middle East start a thread ....I for one will agree with (most of) your comments ...."

Couldnt agree more 2-4s yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Threads go in tangents every day here

9 11 victims dont hav a monopoly on their own private threads

feel free to ignore my comments or comment on them if you want

anyway its not like my point about the genocide in iraq and 9 11 arent connected

they are directly connected

over a year ago

"Threads go in tangents every day here

anyway its not like my point about the genocide in iraq and 9 11 arent connected

they are directly connected"

but sure sadam wasnt a saint either mate not having a go but look at the thousands off kurds he murderd and also the thousand off people that he got rid off when he invaded kuwait.

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I was in work

I like facts Nikki and you are factually correct in the public sense.They were actually UN Nuclear Research Inspectors and were denied access to research facilities and documents relating to the nuclear program of Iraq. The research, scientists, materials and facilities to make a nuclear device existed; even if the weapon itself did not.

As for other WMD, such as chemical and biological, none were found! True, however it is a fact chemical weapons were used by Sadem's Iraq during the 8 year war with Iran between 1980 and 1988 and on the Iraqi Kurdish people. And there are enough records to evidence he had embarked on on Biological warfare programe from 1979 after a meeting with Russian government.

I am in no doubt the 2nd gulf war was not for the threat of WMD alone but on 2 higher priority counts. Sadly a good man took his own life because of the system of governing intelligence reporting that allowed the WMD report leaked to the press to direct strategy and spin to the people.

1. the promise of George W to his father to finish what he started and,

2. Untapped oil reserves to cope with oil and gas supplies to serve the planet approx 120 years.

To conclude there is one burning question that to this day worries me greatly and should worry the world given the turmoil in Iraq caused by ICIS.

If Sadem did not use all his stockpile of chemical and biological weapons in the Iran Iraq war; where are they and who has them? Given the number of chemical attacks during his war with iran and his stockpile accounts; this stuff in the wrong hands at the wrong place could equate to the deaths of approx 1-2 million people.

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

9/11 hasn't a monopoly on private threads hence my suggestion that you open one yourself ....the title of this thread (9/11) does leaves little room for misunderstanding however...

And .....not yet a post stating "9/11 was a Zionist plot"..... Well done Ireland forum

over a year ago

I was painting the front of my gaff when my neighbor pulled up in car and told me to look at the t.v. I remember it like it was yesterday

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

9/11 hasn't a monopoly on private threads hence my suggestion that you open one yourself ....the title of this thread (9/11) does leaves little room for misunderstanding however...

And .....not yet a post stating "9/11 was a Zionist plot"..... Well done Ireland forum

"

thank you

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Are you that naive!!

Prior to 1991 it is ironic to consider Sadam had been befriended by the US and was already on good diplomatic relations with the UK thus making himself an enemy of Islamic fundamentalist extremists of all the various factions that continue to exist in the middle east. In order to maintain power he constantly fought against these mostly Shi'ite groups setting his own Sunni's in power against them!

The loss of life in Iraq due to sanctions under Sadam directives was again mostly minority non islamic groups as are suffering currently due to ICIS.

So why do you think a sworn anti american terrorist group, a known and sworn enemy of Sadam, commit such an evil act on behalf of the minority groups they are currently ethnically cleansing from the middle east and for a man they hated and tried to assinate?

over a year ago

Wow the time flew... I was in 6th class when it happened...

RIP...

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Are you that naive!!

Prior to 1991 it is ironic to consider Sadam had been befriended by the US and was already on good diplomatic relations with the UK thus making himself an enemy of Islamic fundamentalist extremists of all the various factions that continue to exist in the middle east. In order to maintain power he constantly fought against these mostly Shi'ite groups setting his own Sunni's in power against them!

The loss of life in Iraq due to sanctions under Sadam directives was again mostly minority non islamic groups as are suffering currently due to ICIS.

So why do you think a sworn anti american terrorist group, a known and sworn enemy of Sadam, commit such an evil act on behalf of the minority groups they are currently ethnically cleansing from the middle east and for a man they hated and tried to assinate?

My point that the genocide of iraqis due to un,us sanctions and 9 11 being directly connected is it was one of the reasons bin laden gave for his fatwa against america,which led to 9 11

"

over a year ago

Inside job.

By *liceandraWoman
over a year ago

with the faries

I was burying my mum that day who had died on the seventh from leukemia, so the WTC was not high on my list.

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Are you that naive!!

My point that the genocide of iraqis due to un,us sanctions and 9 11 being directly connected is it was one of the reasons bin laden gave for his fatwa against america,which led to 9 11

"

Should really check your facts, Osama issued 2 fatwas his first in 1996 on his own as leader of the as yet unknown Al Qaeda for the American occupation of 2 holy lands.

A second was issued in 1998 as a joint fatwa from 5 leading Jihadist groups,mostly egyption of which one later retracted. This was a jihad against Jews and Crusaders notably all Americans both civilian and military and all other pagans.

Both Fatwas where issued before UN sanctions affecting medical relief aid where approved and before any information about the difficulties administrating economic sanctions in Iraq where published. And at least a year after the oil for food program was introduced.

Please also note the sanctions where administered in Northern Iraq by the UN and in the south by Sadam. In the North the child mortality rate was 27% less than the south, akin to the mortality rate in the region prior to sanctions. When offered help Sadam refused!

The difficult with the sanctions was always the import of chlorine for the sanitation of water. Chlorine is used to make mustard gas; Sadam's favoured chemical weapon. This was resolved with the sell of Liquid chlorine under UN control.

It is sad when any child dies, but to use it as an excuse for mass murder is evil!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

I think you need to check your facts jaszins

read bin ladens 98 fatwa

he lists four reasons to justify his fatwa

no.2 is for causing deaths of 1 million (sic) iraqis due to "your unholy blockade since end of the(kuwati) war"

dont just rely on wiki,it talks about the fatwa without printing it in full and doesnt go into any great detail

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Im not saying that justifies what he planned but that was 1 of his reasons,as he saw it

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Im not saying that justifies what he planned but that was 1 of his reasons,as he saw it

and tht was my original point

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I think you need to check your facts jaszins

read bin ladens 98 fatwa

he lists four reasons to justify his fatwa

no.2 is for causing deaths of 1 million (sic) iraqis due to "your unholy blockade since end of the(kuwati) war"

dont just rely on wiki,it talks about the fatwa without printing it in full and doesnt go into any great detail"

I deal with records and facts Hal which is why you should know if you had read it, there were only 3 reasons given in the fatwa not 4.

I am trying to keep the complexity as simple as possible for you

No records were published of the number of iraqi's passed away till after 1998 and again no medical relief imports where incorporated till after 2000. These are facts

Additionally as you say the Fatwa quoted a million on point 2

you quoted 500,000

various official reports calculate the number between 100,000 and 237,000 between 1991 and 2003.

it also unkown if he included those iraqis that lost their lives in the Iran Iraq war and the 1st Gulf war in point 2.

It is very clear it was political point scoring anti american jihadist statement looking for an excuse to mass murder non muslims and muslims against jihad. And not based on any real knowledge or concern for the people of Iraq.

He clearly set the strategy in this fatwa to target pro peace arab peninsula countries that had stood against iraq's invasion of Kuwait on a fear footing unsure of the impact his terrorist organisation could have and therefore affect there pro Isreali State policy

over a year ago

Palookaville

"I was burying my mum that day who had died on the seventh from leukemia, so the WTC was not high on my list. "

aww that's sad. ...I lost my mum to... Big hugs x

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Alot of facts and figures there jaszins but none of them are relevent to the fact that bin laden stated that the deaths of innocent iraqis due to the us/un blockade as 1 of the reasons for his fatwa,which was my point

and btw your figures are well off,again just lifted from wiki,but the actual figures arent relevent to my point

if i wanted to argue with wiki i would get it up on screen and argue with it,which feels exactly like what im doing

and you dont have to dumb it down for me either,i have yet to read something on wiki i didnt understand

over a year ago

"I was in work

If the British soldiers were at home they wouldn't be killed. No WMDs were found in Iraq. Now look at the mess they left it in.

over a year ago

Back up there a little. First of all the British soldier had a job to do. He doesn't do it for critics to complain about that job. He does it as it's his job and he does what he is told to do no matter how much he may disagree. When he is facing grim reaper in the face he is not there for any politic problem. He is there because the man next to him is his friend, a father , a brother a son etc. you walk a mile in any soldiers boots from any army in the world and you will know why he is there

over a year ago

"Back up there a little. First of all the British soldier had a job to do. He doesn't do it for critics to complain about that job. He does it as it's his job and he does what he is told to do no matter how much he may disagree. When he is facing grim reaper in the face he is not there for any politic problem. He is there because the man next to him is his friend, a father , a brother a son etc. you walk a mile in any soldiers boots from any army in the world and you will know why he is there "

well said

over a year ago

At the end off the day when u attack a world super power killing nearly 3,000 people in one day what do u expect.The states would off never let them away that altho sometimes i dont agree with the states policys but i think they had a right too.Inocent people all ways gets killed in war thats just war they will mistakes no matter what modren tech u use or sancations u bring in.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

When you bully your way around the world what do you expect?

Many multiples of 3000 of innocents have been killed by u.s,pre 9 11 and since

btw i respect all soldiers

over a year ago

"Back up there a little. First of all the British soldier had a job to do. He doesn't do it for critics to complain about that job. He does it as it's his job and he does what he is told to do no matter how much he may disagree. When he is facing grim reaper in the face he is not there for any politic problem. He is there because the man next to him is his friend, a father , a brother a son etc. you walk a mile in any soldiers boots from any army in the world and you will know why he is there "

I meant British soldiers wouldn't be killed if they weren't there as in if the British didn't invade Iraq they wouldn't be killed. Soldiers are merely poor men fighting rich men's wars.

over a year ago

"Inside job."

By *araMan
over a year ago

n abbey

Back to the start folks, it was a sad day when many EMT, Firefighters, Police and ordinary people died, regardless of what side your on, IT WAS WRONG!

No one sets out on their days work to expect to end in such a tragic way. Put yourself in their shoes, read the accounts of the day both heroic and suffering.

Thoughts are with families who lost loved ones.

Rant over, now get back to riding, shagging and good horny times.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

^^^ and that right there is exactly my point

we all too easily put ourselves position of the victims of 9 11 and think of their suffering

why not put yourself in the position of the victims of the un sanctions?

Thats the bottom line,the lives of brown face ppl in dusty countries doesnt matter as much as our lives here in the west

they definetly arent equal

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"^^^ and that right there is exactly my point

we all too easily put ourselves position of the victims of 9 11 and think of their suffering

Thats the bottom line,the lives of brown face ppl in dusty countries doesnt matter as much as our lives here in the west

they definetly arent equal"

Your argument would be more persuasive if you didn't try to play the race card.

Nevertheless, it's not the bottom line. What about the person who caused the UN to impose sanctions ie Sadaam Hussein?

By *andytownMan
over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"^^^ and that right there is exactly my point

they definetly arent equal"

Are you for real Hal....using skin colour as an argument !!!

Totally shamefull lad , disgusting.

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Hard to believe its been 13 years already it happend RIP never forgotten i was working in kilkenny on my lunch break where i saw the second plane hit on the news.I had two cousins working near by but all were ok thank god.Can u rem where u were when it happend."
At work. Some events in life you never forget. This was one of them. Remember watching it on TV in the evening as well and people jumping from the towers. Horrendous .

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

I dont think you got my point randy

i used the term "brown face ppl" to show the racism in us mourning 911 victims,every year, and ignoring the many more deaths of iraqis

By *andytownMan
over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"I dont think you got my point randy

i used the term "brown face ppl" to show the racism in us mourning 911 victims,every year, and ignoring the many more deaths of iraqis"

I got your point pal 100% , but using "Brown faced people" to show racism is 100% racist in its self !!!!!

People mourn 9/11 as a matter of respect and the manner that people lost their lives....they don't distinguish in their creed nor colour .

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

To be accussed of racism against iraqi ppl because of what i said in this thread is laughable,and worthy of no other comment

if iv shown any racism its not against the iraqis

over a year ago

"To be accussed of racism against iraqi ppl because of what i said in this thread is laughable,and worthy of no other comment

if iv shown any racism its not against the iraqis"

over a year ago

Palookaville

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"To be accussed of racism against iraqi ppl because of what i said in this thread is laughable,and worthy of no other comment

if iv shown any racism its not against the iraqis"

Its now you that doesn't get it! What you were being accused of was saying that the Un was being racist taking action because of the colour of peoples' skin. I find your argument has rambled incoherently and fails to persuade me. Probably this is due to an inability on my part to accept facts and just make them up to suit my biased views.

over a year ago

Palookaville

"Back to the start folks, it was a sad day when many EMT, Firefighters, Police and ordinary people died, regardless of what side your on, IT WAS WRONG!

No one sets out on their days work to expect to end in such a tragic way. Put yourself in their shoes, read the accounts of the day both heroic and suffering.

Rant over, now get back to riding, shagging and good horny times. "

Couldn't agree more. . There have been many tragedies in the world. Nobody should have to die in an awful manner while simply going about their business. I think it is only respectful to think about those people who died and their families who still grieve regardless of what the particular tragedy was or by who.

over a year ago

I doubt I even knew what dates were back then Rest in peace to those that die there anyways

By *araMan
over a year ago

n abbey

"Back to the start folks, it was a sad day when many EMT, Firefighters, Police and ordinary people died, regardless of what side your on, IT WAS WRONG!

Rant over, now get back to riding, shagging and good horny times.

Couldn't agree more. . There have been many tragedies in the world. Nobody should have to die in an awful manner while simply going about their business. I think it is only respectful to think about those people who died and their families who still grieve regardless of what the particular tragedy was or by who. "

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Nikki i used that term to show our indifference and maybe racism in mourning 9 11 victims,every year, and ignoring the millions of deaths caused by american foriegn policy

i said we in the west dont think that these ppls lives,or deaths, in far flung corners of the world as equal to ours

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"Nikki i used that term to show our indifference and maybe racism in mourning 9 11 victims,every year, and ignoring the millions of deaths caused by american foriegn policy

i said we in the west dont think that these ppls lives,or deaths, in far flung corners of the world as equal to ours

"

I don't agree with your premise.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Fair enough.i think someone in south america,middle east or south east asia might agree with me

over a year ago

"Fair enough.i think someone in south america,middle east or south east asia might agree with me"

Well I totally agree with you Hal.

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Alot of facts and figures there jaszins but none of them are relevent to the fact that bin laden stated that the deaths of innocent iraqis due to the us/un blockade as 1 of the reasons for his fatwa,which was my point

and btw your figures are well off,again just lifted from wiki,but the actual figures arent relevent to my point

if i wanted to argue with wiki i would get it up on screen and argue with it,which feels exactly like what im doing

and you dont have to dumb it down for me either,i have yet to read something on wiki i didnt understand"

obviously i do have to dumb it down hal, keep reading wiki

pointless arguing with press and propaganda lead amateurs

enjoy your life Hal

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Propaganda? That would be hilarious if this wasnt so serious

everything about "the 911 terrorist attacks" is propaganda

tear jerk propaganda to stoke the flames of hatred

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"Propaganda? That would be hilarious if this wasnt so serious

everything about "the 911 terrorist attacks" is propaganda

tear jerk propaganda to stoke the flames of hatred"

So how exactly is there misleading information ( ie propaganda) issued about everything re the 911 attacks? I believed that it was a fact that three aircraft were hijacked and flown as weapons into buildings in the USA with the object of killing people.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

They are the facts nikki,its the way those facts were used and the victims and their families exploited so we would turn a blind eye to the atrocities and war crimes that followed in their name

all the well meaning ppl who posted their condolences here would also be horrified if they knew of the decades of american foriegn policy that has killed millions of innocent ppl around the world,elected governments overthrown,us friendly dictators kept in power,chemical warfare,blanket bombing of countless innocents,the list goes on and on

where are these ppls 911s,or watever day it was they were slaughtered,or countless column inches in newspapers,or their "put ourselves in their shoes" or "some mothers child" eulogies

its like the 911 victims were the first and only innocent ppl killed by evil men

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"They are the facts nikki,its the way those facts were used and the victims and their families exploited so we would turn a blind eye to the atrocities and war crimes that followed in their name

all the well meaning ppl who posted their condolences here would also be horrified if they knew of the decades of american foriegn policy that has killed millions of innocent ppl around the world,elected governments overthrown,us friendly dictators kept in power,chemical warfare,blanket bombing of countless innocents,the list goes on and on

where are these ppls 911s,or watever day it was they were slaughtered,or countless column inches in newspapers,or their "put ourselves in their shoes" or "some mothers child" eulogies

its like the 911 victims were the first and only innocent ppl killed by evil men"

So you agree that not EVERY thing about the 9/11 attacks was propaganda as you previously claimed. Is that not propaganda as well?

By the way, what US friendly dictator has been kept in power?

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Im clear in my last post where i see the propaganda

dictators and regimes that that kill dissenters supported by us is endless,chile,guatamala,nigaraqua,haiti,uzbeckistan etc

resulting in millions of deaths of innocent ppl

over a year ago

"They are the facts nikki,its the way those facts were used and the victims and their families exploited so we would turn a blind eye to the atrocities and war crimes that followed in their name

its like the 911 victims were the first and only innocent ppl killed by evil men

So you agree that not EVERY thing about the 9/11 attacks was propaganda as you previously claimed. Is that not propaganda as well?

By the way, what US friendly dictator has been kept in power?"

Pinochet, Noriega, Marcos, King Abdullah even Hitler in the beginning.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Pinochet, Noriega, Marcos, King Abdullah even Hitler in the beginning. "

You can add Saddam Hussein to that list as well until he had served his purpose in relation to the Iranians

over a year ago

You can add Saddam Hussein to that list as well until he had served his purpose in relation to the Iranians "

Thank you MM, I knew some naughty little boy was missing.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

No, the bastards never kept me in power!

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Pinochet, Noriega, Marcos, King Abdullah even Hitler in the beginning. "

Please explain the Hitler quote?

Never knew official US policy was to keep Hilter in power in the beginning?

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

Never knew official US policy was to keep Hilter in power in the beginning?"

So basically none that haven't been overthrown, died or stepped down. Us directly or indirectly caused the fall from power of all less King Abdullah. (Hardly a dictator and I am unaware of US support of Jordan. Israel yes, Jordan no!)

over a year ago

Never knew official US policy was to keep Hilter in power in the beginning?"

Breckinridge Long was a pal of Roosevelt who made him ambassador to Italy then Sec. Of State, he stopped Jewish refugees from entering the States, permitted H.Ford to buy Nazi tanks and allowed GM, Dupont, Chase Nat. bank & various oil companies to trade with Germany during the war. It was all about the $$$$.

This one was a stretch but it helped the Germans.

over a year ago

So basically none that haven't been overthrown, died or stepped down. Us directly or indirectly caused the fall from power of all less King Abdullah. (Hardly a dictator and I am unaware of US support of Jordan. Israel yes, Jordan no!)"

No, Abdullah's not a dictator. Just because his family head the entire government & there are no political parties. How about Despot?

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

So basically none that haven't been overthrown, died or stepped down. Us directly or indirectly caused the fall from power of all less King Abdullah. (Hardly a dictator and I am unaware of US support of Jordan. Israel yes, Jordan no!)

No, Abdullah's not a dictator. Just because his family head the entire government & there are no political parties. How about Despot?"

Jordan is a constitutional monarchy. The prime minister is not a relative. Why is Abdullah a despot?

over a year ago

No, Abdullah's not a dictator. Just because his family head the entire government & there are no political parties. How about Despot?

Jordan is a constitutional monarchy. The prime minister is not a relative. Why is Abdullah a despot?"

Sorry Nikki! I missed the reference to Jordan, I'm referring to Saudi Arabia.

over a year ago

I had a half day from school that day because we won the Leinster championship! I remember watching it on tv still dressed in my football gear..

over a year ago

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

I used to be a soldier and generally agree with the politics behind any conflicts British soldiers have been in since 1970 BUT one of the things that the soldiers end up fighting for is to support the right to criticize governments. When you deny that right you get atrocities.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

[Removed by poster at 16/09/14 15:59:52]

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"Back up there a little. First of all the British soldier had a job to do. He doesn't do it for critics to complain about that job. He does it as it's his job and he does what he is told to do no matter how much he may disagree. When he is facing grim reaper in the face he is not there for any politic problem. He is there because the man next to him is his friend, a father , a brother a son etc. you walk a mile in any soldiers boots from any army in the world and you will know why he is there

I used to be a soldier and generally agree with the politics behind any conflicts British soldiers have been in since 1970 BUT one of the things that the soldiers end up fighting for is to support the right to criticize governments. When you deny that right you get atrocities."

Does your typical soldier give that much thought to why they're fighting? I'm not sure about the explanation for atrocities either

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Back up there a little. First of all the British soldier had a job to do. He doesn't do it for critics to complain about that job. He does it as it's his job and he does what he is told to do no matter how much he may disagree. When he is facing grim reaper in the face he is not there for any politic problem. He is there because the man next to him is his friend, a father , a brother a son etc. you walk a mile in any soldiers boots from any army in the world and you will know why he is there

I used to be a soldier and generally agree with the politics behind any conflicts British soldiers have been in since 1970 BUT one of the things that the soldiers end up fighting for is to support the right to criticize governments. When you deny that right you get atrocities."

ye thats what i said nikki,when you deny basic human rights you get atrocities

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

I used to be a soldier and generally agree with the politics behind any conflicts British soldiers have been in since 1970 BUT one of the things that the soldiers end up fighting for is to support the right to criticize governments. When you deny that right you get atrocities.

ye thats what i said nikki,when you deny basic human rights you get atrocities"

That was not what I said. If you think it was, reread it and try to understand that just because you want it to say one thing does not mean it will.

I stiil fail to see how commemorating a terrorist atrocity is denying anyone a human right just because you are less concerned about deaths elsewhere in the world

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

I said u.s has denied innocent ppl their human rights for years and thats what led to this atrocity,911

like u said when u deny ppl their rights u get atrocities

or is it just our rights in the west that matter?when your a soldier like you standing up for these rights your a hero but when its oppressed ppl doin it they are terrorists

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

"I said u.s has denied innocent ppl their human rights for years and thats what led to this atrocity,911

like u said when u deny ppl their rights u get atrocities

or is it just our rights in the west that matter?when your a soldier like you standing up for these rights your a hero but when its oppressed ppl doin it they are terrorists"

Its pointless arguing with you as I say AGAIN that I did NOT say that. Soldiers do not tend to blow up thousands of people INTENTIONALLY . Terrorists do.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

The old joke comes to mind...

"How do you recognise a terrorist in an army base? He's the one with the smaller bomb!"

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Numerous incidents of innocent ppl being intentionally bombed in the war on terror

up until last week isrealis were intentionally firing american bombs at civilians

bush and blair are also terrorist and war criminals

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Breckinridge Long was a pal of Roosevelt who made him ambassador to Italy then Sec. Of State, he stopped Jewish refugees from entering the States, permitted H.Ford to buy Nazi tanks and allowed GM, Dupont, Chase Nat. bank & various oil companies to trade with Germany during the war. It was all about the $$$$.

This one was a stretch but it helped the Germans."

It is a stretch Candy. I think you will find Breckinridge was appointed Assistant Secretary of State in 1940, not Secretary of State, an appointment he was demoted from when his over zealous application of Immigration Policy was brought to light. He should be rightly criticized but note it not only applied to Jews from Europe, but to all immigrants wanting US citizenship.

Please also not the Secretary of State (or Assistant Long at the time) was not responsible for Commerce or International Trade, that is subject to the Secretary of State for Commerce, held by Jones and Wallace during WWII.

I dont know where you sourced your information to associate the Breckinridge with the Ford Nazi Tanks etc, but I hope you read Charles Higham's work "Trading with the Enemy" the only source for those accusations. I could write and have completed essays on these highly sensationally written allegations that have no substantial evidence to support them. I leave you with the fact that Higham was discredited due to his altering the wording of the FBI files to mislead his reading public in his biography of Errol Flynn. Making Flynn out to be a Homosexual Nazi rather than the reality of a Socialist Womaniser!

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Does your typical soldier give that much thought to why they're fighting? I'm not sure about the explanation for atrocities either "

That is a very unfair and ignorant statement about typical soldiers of any Nationality, I would say most would be more acutely aware than you would be Michael.

As for you other point I agree with you and Nikki; Governments denying free speech in a society does lead to atrocities, but I am also of the opinion that a individuals selfish desire for power is the root of evil and is equally a cause of atrocities

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Does your typical soldier give that much thought to why they're fighting? I'm not sure about the explanation for atrocities either

That is a very unfair and ignorant statement about typical soldiers of any Nationality, I would say most would be more acutely aware than you would be Michael.

As for you other point I agree with you and Nikki; Governments denying free speech in a society does lead to atrocities, but I am also of the opinion that a individuals selfish desire for power is the root of evil and is equally a cause of atrocities"

What statement are we talking about? That was a question.

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

As for you other point I agree with you and Nikki; Governments denying free speech in a society does lead to atrocities, but I am also of the opinion that a individuals selfish desire for power is the root of evil and is equally a cause of atrocities

What statement are we talking about? That was a question. "

Point taken, it is framed as a question, apologies Michael

Post new Message to Thread