Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Slimming World

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anybody ever tried it or ever been to it...

Was asked to join it along with my Cousin as Moral support for her...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Anybody ever tried it or ever been to it...

Was asked to join it along with my Cousin as Moral support for her... "

I never had too. Very nice of you to support your cousin

over a year ago

"Anybody ever tried it or ever been to it...

Was asked to join it along with my Cousin as Moral support for her...

I never had too. Very nice of you to support your cousin "

Well im in in the gym or training a few nights a week, so I'm happy enough with myself there's always room for improvement but I'm never gonna be a size 6 lol.. She is bridesmaid in a few months so she's is determined to be slim...

over a year ago

I've never been but went to a seminar about these types of classes one day in college. Apparently they work best for the heavy folk, I think a system that doesn't encourage exercise is flawed

over a year ago

"I've never been but went to a seminar about these types of classes one day in college. Apparently they work best for the heavy folk, I think a system that doesn't encourage exercise is flawed"

Yeah I agree ya gotta sweat to to lose weight.... lol

over a year ago

You should suggest insanity workout for her that will get you sweating

By *reddieRaeCouple
over a year ago

Banbridge

We were on it for a good while, personally shifted the start of the weight quite quickly, but I suspect it's as much just being careful what you eat, and combined with a more active lifestyle. The goals and motivation seem to be the big thing. I lost 2 stone that way, but have shifted to "juice plus" and really stepped up the exercise to try and get rid of the last little bit.

If nothing else it opened us up to a whole load of new foods, and got us away from processed rubbish.

I'd love a kebab, though.

over a year ago

SW is the best of the slimming clubs IMO, it's based on a low GI diet - which suited me coz I'm a diabetic. It's easy to follow and teamed with exercise you will do brill, best of luck xxx

over a year ago

"I've never been but went to a seminar about these types of classes one day in college. Apparently they work best for the heavy folk, I think a system that doesn't encourage exercise is flawed

Yeah I agree ya gotta sweat to to lose weight.... lol "

I could be ur SB.......sweatbud if ya like

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

"We were on it for a good while, personally shifted the start of the weight quite quickly, but I suspect it's as much just being careful what you eat, and combined with a more active lifestyle. The goals and motivation seem to be the big thing. I lost 2 stone that way, but have shifted to "juice plus" and really stepped up the exercise to try and get rid of the last little bit.

If nothing else it opened us up to a whole load of new foods, and got us away from processed rubbish.

I'd love a kebab, though. "

I also lost two stone through many small dietary changes combined with increased and more varied exercise. It took about five years but I've not been this light since my mid teens. Still work to do but I'd not be involved with a club like that. Some people haven't enough self control and need the extra help but for me it's all my own work

over a year ago

She's not heavy at all its just the other two bridesmaids are size 4 if even that... Shes a 14 and looks great.... She was gonna try juice plus but decided to try this first and I'm dragged along lol..

She has no will power so I don't know how she will manage...

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"SW is the best of the slimming clubs IMO, it's based on a low GI diet - which suited me coz I'm a diabetic. It's easy to follow and teamed with exercise you will do brill, best of luck xxx"

i to try and eat low GI foods being diabetic myself.

over a year ago

"I've never been but went to a seminar about these types of classes one day in college. Apparently they work best for the heavy folk, I think a system that doesn't encourage exercise is flawed

Yeah I agree ya gotta sweat to to lose weight.... lol

I could be ur SB.......sweatbud if ya like "

Aww your too kind lol

By *reddieRaeCouple
over a year ago

Banbridge

Fair play. It helped get into the mind set to do it though, and get into new, better habits too. When I was nearly 19stone even exercise was an issue, at least shaving that first couple of stone off made it much easier. Under 15 1/2 stone now, and dropping every week

over a year ago

"Fair play. It helped get into the mind set to do it though, and get into new, better habits too. When I was nearly 19stone even exercise was an issue, at least shaving that first couple of stone off made it much easier. Under 15 1/2 stone now, and dropping every week "

Well done... Starting is always the worst...

over a year ago

It's VERY SIMPLE!

Day 1 - 20 second plank

Day 2 - 20 second plank

Day 3 - 25 second plank

Day 4 - 30 second plank

Day 5 - 40 second plank

Day 6 - 45 second plank

Day 7 - 55 second plank

Now you're ready.... for a 60 second plank every morning for the rest of your life... tones up every muscle in your body

The only people that CANT do it are pregnant and people with lower back problems

over a year ago

I eat what I want when I want, it'll probably come back to haunt me in later life.

Exercise- my daily stroll n cajole and horizontal jogging

over a year ago

"It's VERY SIMPLE!

Day 1 - 20 second plank

Day 2 - 20 second plank

Day 3 - 25 second plank

Day 4 - 30 second plank

Day 5 - 40 second plank

Day 6 - 45 second plank

Day 7 - 55 second plank

Now you're ready.... for a 60 second oplank every morning for the rest of your life... tones up every muscle in your body

The only people that CANT do it are pregnant and people with lower back problems"

I hate the plank but it is great for toning

By *itty14Couple
over a year ago

kilkenny

Had a few friends try it ....most with great success. ..2st 3st and 5st but all said cooking the stuff was time comsuming.I think personally if you have the will power to do a weight loss club you should be able to do it on your own.We all know to eat less and move more.

over a year ago

"Had a few friends try it ....most with great success. ..2st 3st and 5st but all said cooking the stuff was time comsuming.I think personally if you have the will power to do a weight loss club you should be able to do it on your own.We all know to eat less and move more."
Yeah I agree... she has no will power tho which is the problem.. I've tried to get her out walking, Running, horse Riding..etc

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"It's VERY SIMPLE!

Day 1 - 20 second plank

Day 2 - 20 second plank

Day 3 - 25 second plank

Day 4 - 30 second plank

Day 5 - 40 second plank

Day 6 - 45 second plank

Day 7 - 55 second plank

Now you're ready.... for a 60 second plank every morning for the rest of your life... tones up every muscle in your body

The only people that CANT do it are pregnant and people with lower back problems"

but id feel like a plank doing it

over a year ago

"It's VERY SIMPLE!

Day 1 - 20 second plank

Day 2 - 20 second plank

Day 3 - 25 second plank

Day 4 - 30 second plank

Day 5 - 40 second plank

Day 6 - 45 second plank

Day 7 - 55 second plank

The only people that CANT do it are pregnant and people with lower back problems

but id feel like a plank doing it "

HOW DO YOU MEAN? ?

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"It's VERY SIMPLE!

Day 1 - 20 second plank

Day 2 - 20 second plank

Day 3 - 25 second plank

Day 4 - 30 second plank

Day 5 - 40 second plank

Day 6 - 45 second plank

Day 7 - 55 second plank

HOW DO YOU MEAN? ? "

it was supposed to be a joke a play n words eg some people call a dope a plank

over a year ago

"It's VERY SIMPLE!

Day 1 - 20 second plank

Day 2 - 20 second plank

Day 3 - 25 second plank

Day 4 - 30 second plank

Day 5 - 40 second plank

Day 6 - 45 second plank

Day 7 - 55 second plank

HOW DO YOU MEAN? ?

it was supposed to be a joke a play n words eg some people call a dope a plank"

You're worse to even entertain me

lol I know... However down for 20 press ups mate for walking into my trap

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

"Had a few friends try it ....most with great success. ..2st 3st and 5st but all said cooking the stuff was time comsuming.I think personally if you have the will power to do a weight loss club you should be able to do it on your own.We all know to eat less and move more."

It's more about eat right than eat less. No need to starve yourself unnecessarily. Took me way too long to figure that out for myself.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"It's VERY SIMPLE!

Day 1 - 20 second plank

Day 2 - 20 second plank

Day 3 - 25 second plank

Day 4 - 30 second plank

Day 5 - 40 second plank

Day 6 - 45 second plank

Day 7 - 55 second plank

HOW DO YOU MEAN? ?

lol I know... However down for 20 press ups mate for walking into my trap "

feck off

over a year ago

"Had a few friends try it ....most with great success. ..2st 3st and 5st but all said cooking the stuff was time comsuming.I think personally if you have the will power to do a weight loss club you should be able to do it on your own.We all know to eat less and move more.

It's more about eat right than eat less. No need to starve yourself unnecessarily. Took me way too long to figure that out for myself. "

Agreed

By *itty14Couple
over a year ago

kilkenny

"Had a few friends try it ....most with great success. ..2st 3st and 5st but all said cooking the stuff was time comsuming.I think personally if you have the will power to do a weight loss club you should be able to do it on your own.We all know to eat less and move more.

It's more about eat right than eat less. No need to starve yourself unnecessarily. Took me way too long to figure that out for myself. "

I stand corrected!

over a year ago

Sw is good, encourages healthy eating if nothing else, a lot of it common sense, and when it comes to excercise start slowly and group activities much more likely to keep your interest and motivation, but think you gotta enjoy it to stick at it no matter what

over a year ago

Exercise and change in food will help her.

SW works for some people but not good at all in my opinion. It punishes people for putting on lbs and.

It's a fad and it's not for long term health. She might lose certain weight but when she goes back to her old ways the weight will go on just as quick and even more

over a year ago

"It's VERY SIMPLE!

Day 1 - 20 second plank

Day 2 - 20 second plank

Day 3 - 25 second plank

Day 4 - 30 second plank

Day 5 - 40 second plank

Day 6 - 45 second plank

Day 7 - 55 second plank

HOW DO YOU MEAN? ?

lol I know... However down for 20 press ups mate for walking into my trap

feck off "

Lol

over a year ago

"Sw is good, encourages healthy eating if nothing else, a lot of it common sense, and when it comes to excercise start slowly and group activities much more likely to keep your interest and motivation, but think you gotta enjoy it to stick at it no matter what"

Is that what #Grouphug is all about?

More like 'Gropehug' DTG you're move's been rumbled!

over a year ago

"Sw is good, encourages healthy eating if nothing else, a lot of it common sense, and when it comes to excercise start slowly and group activities much more likely to keep your interest and motivation, but think you gotta enjoy it to stick at it no matter what

More like 'Gropehug' DTG you're move's been rumbled! "

over a year ago

"Sw is good, encourages healthy eating if nothing else, a lot of it common sense, and when it comes to excercise start slowly and group activities much more likely to keep your interest and motivation, but think you gotta enjoy it to stick at it no matter what

More like 'Gropehug' DTG you're move's been rumbled!

"

Lol

over a year ago

"You should suggest insanity workout for her that will get you sweating "

I did the insanity fit test yesteday out of curiousity and I am feeling it today!

over a year ago

"You should suggest insanity workout for her that will get you sweating

I did the insanity fit test yesteday out of curiousity and I am feeling it today!"

Must try that myself...

over a year ago

I did the insanity fit test yesteday out of curiousity and I am feeling it today!

Must try that myself... "

I don't think I'm quite ready for the insanity workouts, I watched a few of them and I'm just not at that level yet, but trying to up my cardio to 5 days a week for an hour a time and combining with 5:2 diet, I will be thin by christmas, or at least bear less of a resemblance to Father Christmas!

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

I don't think I'm quite ready for the insanity workouts, I watched a few of them and I'm just not at that level yet, but trying to up my cardio to 5 days a week for an hour a time and combining with 5:2 diet, I will be thin by christmas, or at least bear less of a resemblance to Father Christmas! "

I'm hoping to just tone up and lose a wee bit like...

Might have to give my nanas house a miss for a while tho.. shes constantly baking and making Stews to fatten us all up....

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

I don't think I'm quite ready for the insanity workouts, I watched a few of them and I'm just not at that level yet, but trying to up my cardio to 5 days a week for an hour a time and combining with 5:2 diet, I will be thin by christmas, or at least bear less of a resemblance to Father Christmas!

Might have to give my nanas house a miss for a while tho.. shes constantly baking and making Stews to fatten us all up.... "

ah ya can't beat a bowl of stew with some crusty bread, oh god don't let me think about food I'm tryin to pretend it doesn't exist today lol

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

Might have to give my nanas house a miss for a while tho.. shes constantly baking and making Stews to fatten us all up....

ah ya can't beat a bowl of stew with some crusty bread, oh god don't let me think about food I'm tryin to pretend it doesn't exist today lol"

Pmsl same here....

over a year ago

ive done it myself and still doing it ive lost nearly a stone in 3 1/2 weeks making the meals are easy if u go for the easy meals i personaly make the meals for the week on a monday and freeze them and go walking 5 times a week i didnt follow it to the letter and still managed to loose a stone ans i feel great for it

over a year ago

"ive done it myself and still doing it ive lost nearly a stone in 3 1/2 weeks making the meals are easy if u go for the easy meals i personaly make the meals for the week on a monday and freeze them and go walking 5 times a week i didnt follow it to the letter and still managed to loose a stone ans i feel great for it "

That's great well done...

over a year ago

Must try that myself... "

Insanity is hard but it's great aswell I liked it that much I've started my second round with it

over a year ago

thank you i needed to get rid of my keg and get back my 6pack lol

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

Insanity is hard but it's great aswell I liked it that much I've started my second round with it "

I do find that Sean T pretty hot! It's one of my goals to get my fitness level to a point where I could tackle the insanity workouts, respect to you for working out on that level, it looks so intense!

over a year ago

Its based on all this new hit training, high intensity.training, shorter but much faster workouts...it works!!!!!!!!

By *ean0001Man
over a year ago

Dublin West

Its simple enough.

Eat less and move around more.

And if it comes from a box or a packet dont eat it..

And eat food as close to its natural state as you can. Lots of fruit and veg and no soft drinks.

Simples !!!!!

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

Insanity is hard but it's great aswell I liked it that much I've started my second round with it

I do find that Sean T pretty hot! It's one of my goals to get my fitness level to a point where I could tackle the insanity workouts, respect to you for working out on that level, it looks so intense!"

Yeah mrs.playfull finds him hot aswell lol. It is hard going though first week is a nightmare bi sure once the pain goes it's grand like. I'd highly recommend it to anyone

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

I do find that Sean T pretty hot! It's one of my goals to get my fitness level to a point where I could tackle the insanity workouts, respect to you for working out on that level, it looks so intense!

Yeah mrs.playfull finds him hot aswell lol. It is hard going though first week is a nightmare bi sure once the pain goes it's grand like. I'd highly recommend it to anyone "

Do you follow the eating plan and the shakes as well?

over a year ago

I did try slimming world for a while but as i have an under active thyroid it was like hitting my head of a brick wall ... Ive just got to come to terms with the fact im gonna be heavy no matter what i do and it fecking sucks tbh

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

Yeah mrs.playfull finds him hot aswell lol. It is hard going though first week is a nightmare bi sure once the pain goes it's grand like. I'd highly recommend it to anyone

Do you follow the eating plan and the shakes as well? "

No I didn't follow them at all I made up my own so I just eat unprocessed healthy fruit and veg and I stay away from junk foods completely. Have had crisps or choc in over 2 months same goes for takeaways and fizzy drinks

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

No I didn't follow them at all I made up my own so I just eat unprocessed healthy fruit and veg and I stay away from junk foods completely. Have had crisps or choc in over 2 months same goes for takeaways and fizzy drinks "

cool I found the meal plans and shake thing they want you to order from their website all a bit much haha, you have inspired me, I'm definitely going to give it a go once I get a bit fitter.

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

No I didn't follow them at all I made up my own so I just eat unprocessed healthy fruit and veg and I stay away from junk foods completely. Have had crisps or choc in over 2 months same goes for takeaways and fizzy drinks

cool I found the meal plans and shake thing they want you to order from their website all a bit much haha, you have inspired me, I'm definitely going to give it a go once I get a bit fitter."

I don't buy into the whole shakeology I view that like herbalife shit lol. Why don't you try t25. It's a different workout 25 mins long you could use that as getting a good baseline for trying insanity

over a year ago

Love Slimming World. I've lost nearly 4 stone since joining and I'll never look back.

It's not a fad, or a quick fix diet - it is a lifestyle change and it makes you re think your whole outlook on food, exercise etc

Love the meetings, the support is unreal and the people in my group are amazing.

Ive tried WW's and every shitty diet under the sun and I am so glad I decided to give SW a go!

over a year ago

"You should suggest insanity workout for her that will get you sweating "

Tax-declaration .. :sweat:

over a year ago

"Love Slimming World. I've lost nearly 4 stone since joining and I'll never look back.

It's not a fad, or a quick fix diet - it is a lifestyle change and it makes you re think your whole outlook on food, exercise etc

Love the meetings, the support is unreal and the people in my group are amazing.

Ive tried WW's and every shitty diet under the sun and I am so glad I decided to give SW a go! "

Totally agree.. its def a lifestyle change.. its simple silly little things that make a massive difference and that might be all ur cousin needs.. she doesnt have to go to it for the rest of her life just to realise a few simple things she may have been doing wrong.. its totally mafe me change my view on eating.. and there is so much you can eat on a slimming world diet its never once felt like being on a diet. Just a lifestyle change.. whats the worst that can happen???

over a year ago

Actually the idea that eating less will lose you weight is something of a myth. In many cases the best course of action is to eat more. Obviously you need to eat the right foods but it is often best to eat "little and often". Eating one or two meals a day sends the body into starvation mode and you will store up your carbs as fat. Eating 4/5 small meals a day, containing good carbs and proteins will speed up the metabolism and burn calories more efficiently, leading to weight loss if you get the balance right and throw in regular exercise.

over a year ago

Also just to add about eating less...... Never eaten so much in my life as I am on Sw. I'm constantly eating

over a year ago

Ive heard off it alrite but i dusted off the ould gym bench at home again lol.

over a year ago

wonder does anyone else think there must be a genetic predisposition to weight gain and loss...i basically eat what i want and never change weight, but guys i train with constantly watch their food and still stuggle to keep down to weight!!...personally i think im just a lucky sod rather than more careful or have a better diet..thankyou angel responsible for metabolism...now some of u other angels in the manufacturing departnment...we are having strong words!!!!!...

(its official ..xxplicit's soh is rather different!)

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

cool I found the meal plans and shake thing they want you to order from their website all a bit much haha, you have inspired me, I'm definitely going to give it a go once I get a bit fitter.

I don't buy into the whole shakeology I view that like herbalife shit lol. Why don't you try t25. It's a different workout 25 mins long you could use that as getting a good baseline for trying insanity "

I just looked t25 up, thanks for the suggestion I think I will give it a go!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Im a great believer in shakes,i make my own to suit watever i need at the time of day,morning,pre and post workout. Can easily add carbs,proteins and calories that you are eating

some are horrific tasting,some very nice

my fav is my heart attack shake,3000 calories

By *em4ejacWoman
over a year ago

Cougarville

Friend went lost 4 stone but has taken 4 years . If she goes off the plan the weight piles back on .

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Friend went lost 4 stone but has taken 4 years . If she goes off the plan the weight piles back on . "

if you go back to unhealthy eating habits of course weight will come back

healthy lifestyle should be for life,barring being unlucky it leads to a healthy long life

i really cant understand choosing to eat crap and feeling crap and continuing to eat crap.

over a year ago

"Friend went lost 4 stone but has taken 4 years . If she goes off the plan the weight piles back on .

healthy lifestyle should be for life,barring being unlucky it leads to a healthy long life

i really cant understand choosing to eat crap and feeling crap and continuing to eat crap."

over a year ago

the percentages are very low for these slimming classes. there was a bbc docu about it last year and the percentage of people that hit a good healthy weight and kept to a healthy weight long term was very low.

By *em4ejacWoman
over a year ago

Cougarville

She wasn't eating crap. Just not sticking to the SW plan .

over a year ago

"Friend went lost 4 stone but has taken 4 years . If she goes off the plan the weight piles back on .

i really cant understand choosing to eat crap and feeling crap and continuing to eat crap."

A very simplistic way of looking at things, if it was as easy as just saying 'ok i'm not eating crap anymore' noone would have a weight problem, there are usually underlying psychological issues , not in all cases but I would say in the majority, sometimes you can get yourself into a mindset where you feel so unhappy you just don't see the point in even trying. I believe that exercise is the greatest anti-depressant there is but you have to have the mindset to do it in the first place.

over a year ago

Someone said it earlier...

It's a lifestyle change and not a diet! Diets don't work full stop

There is not short term fix or special shakes or plank challenge

over a year ago

"Someone said it earlier...

It's a lifestyle change and not a diet! Diets don't work full stop

There is not short term fix or special shakes or plank challenge

"

I agree, if you aren't mentally committed and focussed then it doesn't matter what diet you try.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"She wasn't eating crap. Just not sticking to the SW plan . "

meant if she doesnt stick to a general healthy lifestyle she will pile back on weight

alot of these plans are similar to each other dressed up in different ways

bottom line of them all is watch what you eat and be active

over a year ago

forget the word 'diet'

focus on good nutrition.

the 'eat less, move around more' line is BS also.

you can eat more food in a day and never be hungry and lose weight, be healthy and keep it like that but it needs to be nutritious food.

By *icketyupWoman
over a year ago

dublin

I've seen a lot of my friends do the slimming world plan and it's worked well for a few but as with all things most of them put the weight back on because the had it in their heads that it was a diet for a short time rather than a lifestyle change.

Myself personally I did the motivation weight management programme and lost 7stone they seem to promote the lifestyle change more as well as thoughts and feelings surrounding food an why we eat what we eat. I found it brilliant but everyone will find different ways of changing their lifestyles to lose/manage their weight

By *SinfullyCuriousCouple
over a year ago

Co Antrim

Agree SW is a lifestyle change not a diet.... I lost 3 1/2 stone two years ago...few pound back on but still attending and intend to continue doing so to keep me focussed

over a year ago

"I've seen a lot of my friends do the slimming world plan and it's worked well for a few but as with all things most of them put the weight back on because the had it in their heads that it was a diet for a short time rather than a lifestyle change.

Myself personally I did the motivation weight management programme and lost 7stone they seem to promote the lifestyle change more as well as thoughts and feelings surrounding food an why we eat what we eat. I found it brilliant but everyone will find different ways of changing their lifestyles to lose/manage their weight "

that's an amazing achievement, well done to you for that loss!

over a year ago

"I've seen a lot of my friends do the slimming world plan and it's worked well for a few but as with all things most of them put the weight back on because the had it in their heads that it was a diet for a short time rather than a lifestyle change.

Myself personally I did the motivation weight management programme and lost 7stone they seem to promote the lifestyle change more as well as thoughts and feelings surrounding food an why we eat what we eat. I found it brilliant but everyone will find different ways of changing their lifestyles to lose/manage their weight "

Congrats that's awesome

By *icketyupWoman
over a year ago

dublin

Thanks guys

over a year ago

Have just read this post myself and apologies for it being so damn long.

But it's a hugely important issue to so many people and i fucking hate seeing people waste their money and end up in worse positions than when they started and more often than not upset, and borderline depressed.

So if your just here for the casual read, maybe skip this essay lol, if your genuinely interested, fire away but don't say I didn't warn you lol

I'll throw my two cents in here.

Will prob get me a tongue lashing but I ain't holding back as why ask if ya don't want opinions.

It's hardly the be all and end all but I'm a personal trainer and a sports nutrition coach so have quite a strong dislike for a lot of these.

So, all these different systems below, and I'm only touching the surface, there's TONS of them,

*Herbalife

*weight watchers

*body by Vi

*slimming world

*juice plus

*forever living

Yeah you know the ones I'm in about.

These are all profit producing organisations and just like any other business, they have smart systems in place,

They also know their demographic.

The majority will be slightly to morbidly out of shape, over weight, not got the greatest willpower, low self esteem, poor understanding of how the body works regarding gaining or loosing weight (weather it's water, muscle or fat) and they use this to their advantage.

If your over weight from calorie surplus and lack of exercise for a long time (over 6months) then you have a lot more issues than just being 'fat' to worry about.

*Your hormone systems will not be running as they should,

*Your energy systems will not be firing on all cylinders,

*Your insulin sensitivity is probably shot to shit.

*your pancreas is overworked trying to produce more insulin to make up for the above mentioned insulin problem.

It goes on and on but for the sake of keeping you awake I'll stop it there.

But with these systems above the outcome is ALWAYS that you will end up eating less calories than your body is used to eating, and guess what you will loose weight.

You will loose lots of subcutaneous water weight (water under your skin), you will definitely loose muscle tissue as your body goes for the easy fuel source to try make up for the extra food your not giving it. And all you will loose a small mount of bodyfat.

This goes on for weeks and sometimes months, and your telling your mates how well it's working.

Then it stops, because your body has found a balance and is now used the the amount of calories your giving it.

The weight loss stalls, but as you've already been eating very little on some of these plans, you can't reduce much more. You get fed up, slowly but surely you loose the willpower you had in the beginning, and you slowly start to put the weight back on.

You end up going back to eating the way you did before, but you don't realise you've just forced your body to get by on a small amount of calories, and your now giving it much more again. It now has loads of extra calories to store as body fat.

What happens next is a couple months down the road they're heavier again and have gotten fed up so they decide well that thing worked for me before so I'll do it now but I'll work harder this time.

The cycle repeats, and these companies are still getting paid.

NOW, before the slimming world crowd jump done my neck with the success stories, You guys are the reason they're still here.

I get clients on a daily basis who have tried it and it's worked temporarily then backfired drastically, and they end up in my office very disheartened and confused.

But we all know someone who knows someone who lost tons of weight and kept it off.

Of course we do because it only takes a tiny few to do it and that's the success backed up right there.

These people who fail don't constantly tell everyone about it on Fb, and share with their mates how they're creeping back up the scales. When the scales were coming down they couldn't tell enough people.

Hope there's no word limit on this thing haha!

And as for the juicing and detoxing plans! They are the worst thing you can do if your end goal is a trim healthy body!

Phew!if you made it this far, you prob have too much time on your hands, get back to work lol

over a year ago

Well written and very informative post, and yes I read it all

over a year ago

"Have just read this post myself and apologies for it being so damn long.

But it's a hugely important issue to so many people and i fucking hate seeing people waste their money and end up in worse positions than when they started and more often than not upset, and borderline depressed.

So if your just here for the casual read, maybe skip this essay lol, if your genuinely interested, fire away but don't say I didn't warn you lol

I'll throw my two cents in here.

Will prob get me a tongue lashing but I ain't holding back as why ask if ya don't want opinions.

It's hardly the be all and end all but I'm a personal trainer and a sports nutrition coach so have quite a strong dislike for a lot of these.

So, all these different systems below, and I'm only touching the surface, there's TONS of them,

*Herbalife

*weight watchers

*body by Vi

*slimming world

*juice plus

*forever living

Yeah you know the ones I'm in about.

These are all profit producing organisations and just like any other business, they have smart systems in place,

They also know their demographic.

The majority will be slightly to morbidly out of shape, over weight, not got the greatest willpower, low self esteem, poor understanding of how the body works regarding gaining or loosing weight (weather it's water, muscle or fat) and they use this to their advantage.

If your over weight from calorie surplus and lack of exercise for a long time (over 6months) then you have a lot more issues than just being 'fat' to worry about.

*Your hormone systems will not be running as they should,

*Your energy systems will not be firing on all cylinders,

*Your insulin sensitivity is probably shot to shit.

*your pancreas is overworked trying to produce more insulin to make up for the above mentioned insulin problem.

It goes on and on but for the sake of keeping you awake I'll stop it there.

But with these systems above the outcome is ALWAYS that you will end up eating less calories than your body is used to eating, and guess what you will loose weight.

You will loose lots of subcutaneous water weight (water under your skin), you will definitely loose muscle tissue as your body goes for the easy fuel source to try make up for the extra food your not giving it. And all you will loose a small mount of bodyfat.

This goes on for weeks and sometimes months, and your telling your mates how well it's working.

Then it stops, because your body has found a balance and is now used the the amount of calories your giving it.

The weight loss stalls, but as you've already been eating very little on some of these plans, you can't reduce much more. You get fed up, slowly but surely you loose the willpower you had in the beginning, and you slowly start to put the weight back on.

You end up going back to eating the way you did before, but you don't realise you've just forced your body to get by on a small amount of calories, and your now giving it much more again. It now has loads of extra calories to store as body fat.

What happens next is a couple months down the road they're heavier again and have gotten fed up so they decide well that thing worked for me before so I'll do it now but I'll work harder this time.

The cycle repeats, and these companies are still getting paid.

NOW, before the slimming world crowd jump done my neck with the success stories, You guys are the reason they're still here.

I get clients on a daily basis who have tried it and it's worked temporarily then backfired drastically, and they end up in my office very disheartened and confused.

But we all know someone who knows someone who lost tons of weight and kept it off.

Of course we do because it only takes a tiny few to do it and that's the success backed up right there.

These people who fail don't constantly tell everyone about it on Fb, and share with their mates how they're creeping back up the scales. When the scales were coming down they couldn't tell enough people.

Hope there's no word limit on this thing haha!

And as for the juicing and detoxing plans! They are the worst thing you can do if your end goal is a trim healthy body!

Phew!if you made it this far, you prob have too much time on your hands, get back to work lol

"

I agree with you on the slimming world thing, I joined before and realised that there had been people going for years who were still struggling with their weight, kinda made me think about it differently, also paying a fiver to stand on the scales and then be flogged different books, magazines, snack bars, plus raffles etc, it is a big money spinner , however if someone has used it and found it keeps the weight off then fair play to them, it is whatever works for the individual

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

Might have to give my nanas house a miss for a while tho.. shes constantly baking and making Stews to fatten us all up.... "

That's what nan's are for

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

That's what nan's are for "

I dare anybody to refuse her food, She would whollop ya with tea Towel..

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

ha just read this hypocrites profile,he likes curvy girls and bbws

pontificates on the forums about healthy eating and lifestyle,unless its for his sexual kicks,that right hal?

Clown

over a year ago

Must try that myself...

That's what nan's are for

I dare anybody to refuse her food, She would whollop ya with tea Towel.. "

I don't refuse food

over a year ago

i really cant understand choosing to eat crap and feeling crap and continuing to eat crap.

ha just read this hypocrites profile,he likes curvy girls and bbws

pontificates on the forums about healthy eating and lifestyle,unless its for his sexual kicks,that right hal?

Clown"

Who are you quoting??

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Hal,hes full of shite.needs to be called out

if i get a ban i get a ban

over a year ago

"Hal,hes full of shite.needs to be called out

if i get a ban i get a ban"

Lol are you cultivating some kind of split personality, people usually set up another profile for that carry on!

over a year ago

if i get a ban i get a ban"

Lol are you ok babe?

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

if i get a ban i get a ban