Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

How long

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When you get a first message how long do you leave it as "been read" before replying or deleting it . . . Or do you just leave it as "been read" without reply or not delete not to cause offence by saying you are not interested. . . I find this somewhat confusing. .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ralSurpriseMan
over a year ago

Meath

"When you get a first message how long do you leave it as "been read" before replying or deleting it . . . Or do you just leave it as "been read" without reply or not delete not to cause offence by saying you are not interested. . . I find this somewhat confusing. . "

I think it's plain rude not to reply to someone when your not interested. That person must be interested to send a mail so have manners and reply to them and tell them your not so they don't get there hopes up. It will only take 20seconds of your life to reply!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"When you get a first message how long do you leave it as "been read" before replying or deleting it . . . Or do you just leave it as "been read" without reply or not delete not to cause offence by saying you are not interested. . . I find this somewhat confusing. . "

I might not see it for awhile, I usually leave an abusive or rude message unread

I try to answer as many messages as I can.... If they have taken the time to send a nice message, it deserves a reply

Another thing that can happen is I see the message but I am about to leave for work or something and I say to myself I will answer later but then it gets lost...

Most guys understand and send a second message.... I believe in good manners and would hate to think a guy believed I had ignored him!!!!

over a year ago

I don't reply to 90% of the mails I get... Most lads when ive told them im not interested don't take it well so send abusive mails ...

But there ae times I mean to reply and I end up forgetting im terrible like that....

over a year ago

"

I think it's plain rude not to reply to someone when your not interested. "

Is it not rude to ask to meet someone,when their profile clearly shows you are not what they are looking for??

Too many delicate wee flowers.it's an adult site,for adults,a lot of folk on it should really just grow up.

over a year ago

I can understand if a message goes unread. . As you maybe busy or inundated with mail. . I can also understand that someone will not be interested. . . And if you get a mail that you find offensive is that not what the block button is for. . . Now i'm even more confused. . .

By *ralSurpriseMan
over a year ago

Meath

"

I think it's plain rude not to reply to someone when your not interested.

Is it not rude to ask to meet someone,when their profile clearly shows you are not what they are looking for??

Too many delicate wee flowers.it's an adult site,for adults,a lot of folk on it should really just grow up."

That's why there's preferences?? You look at them first and if I tick them box I will then mail if I don't then I don't mail. If the person does not reply, I find that very rude?? Do you not?

In saying that iv met a lot of single females, couples that have messaged me when I'm outside of there preferences. If I like what I see I will Meet and if I don't I will reply saying I'm not interested!!

It's only a bit of manners to reply, I don't see how I need to grow up?

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"

Too many delicate wee flowers.it's an adult site,for adults,a lot of folk on it should really just grow up.

That's why there's preferences?? You look at them first and if I tick them box I will then mail if I don't then I don't mail. If the person does not reply, I find that very rude?? Do you not?

In saying that iv met a lot of single females, couples that have messaged me when I'm outside of there preferences. If I like what I see I will Meet and if I don't I will reply saying I'm not interested!!

It's only a bit of manners to reply, I don't see how I need to grow up? "

You've met "lots of single women and couples" yet are only photo verified .....hmmmm

By *ralSurpriseMan
over a year ago

Meath

"

It's only a bit of manners to reply, I don't see how I need to grow up?

You've met "lots of single women and couples" yet are only photo verified .....hmmmm"

Think what you want!! I really couldn't care, I'm not very active on here. Only joined because the previous site I'm on is getting full of fakes.To be honest I prefer meeting people with less verification and not the "known" people on the site. Because nothing worse than going onto someone's page and seen loads of verifications. It's sick you can go on and see every dick that's been in that person! I will not been ever shown verifications on this site. I think it's absolutely disgusting.

But whatever you think what you want it really doesn't bother me!!

over a year ago

38 minutes.

over a year ago

As I say,too many delicate wee flowers.

By *ralSurpriseMan
over a year ago

Meath

As I say, To many shit stirrers always picking little bits out and not giving genuine people the chance. Straight away people see single males on these types of sites an automatically call them fake or messers etc etc.

Everybody deserves a chance!

over a year ago

"

Everybody deserves a chance! "

Very true,even the delicate wee flowers who take offence when they don't get the attention they demand.

over a year ago

Jesus it looks like i just opened up a can of worms. . . I'm still confused though . . Or is it that i'm not verified and being given the benefit of the doubt . . Not stirring it's just i find it happens quite a lot. .

By *ralSurpriseMan
over a year ago

Meath

"Jesus it looks like i just opened up a can of worms. . . I'm still confused though . . Or is it that i'm not verified and being given the benefit of the doubt . . Not stirring it's just i find it happens quite a lot. . "

Even when your have verifications you will still have the ones that think they are above everyone else pal. Don't worry about it. The ones you get to know over time and have time for you are a lot better. Just take your time

I am on another site about 2 years and at the start it's annoying to get the hang of things and get to know people. But hang in there and get yourself to some meets/party's etc etc. It's not easy but you will get there and fun will be had

over a year ago

It depends on the content of the message and also the number of possible friends I'd be chatting with. I try to respond with a not interested but occasionally use jog on. And if I'm chatting with potential friends or meets I do ignore, but if it's a long, thought out message, I always respond

By *ralSurpriseMan
over a year ago

Meath

"It depends on the content of the message and also the number of possible friends I'd be chatting with. I try to respond with a not interested but occasionally use jog on. And if I'm chatting with potential friends or meets I do ignore, but if it's a long, thought out message, I always respond"

Yes you do. Your one of many that I mailed before and straight away the next day i got a mail back saying you were not interested. That's all it takes, I have a lot more respect for people like you

over a year ago

Tbh if I send a message I just delete the sent one from my box as don't see the point in getting hung up over whether someone replies or not. If they going to reply they will ain't nothing I can do to hurry that along so why worry about it

Post new Message to Thread