Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Russia what will happen next

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So the west are now puttin more sanctions on Russia again it diesnt seem to bother the Russians all that much as they seem to be still backing Russian Rebel forces in the Ukraine.

The question i'm asking will this lead to a military conflict between Russia and western powers.What do people it be nice to see a debate for once in the forums for a change?.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm too hungover to debate just yet sorry :-/

over a year ago

I don't see a military conflict happening. The EU will most likely make sanctions on Russia but I hope this is all solved woth words round a table rather than guns.

over a year ago

Not a chance. Russia are invading a sovereign country but Ukraine isn't important enough for America to go to war over. The Russians have already shot down a passenger plane & what did anyone do about it?

over a year ago

"Not a chance. Russia are invading a sovereign country but Ukraine isn't important enough for America to go to war over. The Russians have already shot down a passenger plane & what did anyone do about it? "

Exactly this. I actually think Putin will slowly try to recover the eastern bloc and I don't think the west will do much about it. Think of the football team they could field

over a year ago

"Not a chance. Russia are invading a sovereign country but Ukraine isn't important enough for America to go to war over. The Russians have already shot down a passenger plane & what did anyone do about it?

Exactly this. I actually think Putin will slowly try to recover the eastern bloc and I don't think the west will do much about it. Think of the football team they could field "

if he does that would he not be like hitler did in the 30s when he annexed austria declaren that he was freeing germans that lived there.

over a year ago

Europe don't have a backbone. Just like WW2 afraid of Russia cutting off the gas pipeline and Obama doesn't have a clue on what to do. They should put serious sanctions in place,and freeze all credit card usage in Russia from American and European banks. It would hurt all sides but see who gives in first, which would be the Russians when their economy is in the tank

over a year ago

"Not a chance. Russia are invading a sovereign country but Ukraine isn't important enough for America to go to war over. The Russians have already shot down a passenger plane & what did anyone do about it?

Exactly this. I actually think Putin will slowly try to recover the eastern bloc and I don't think the west will do much about it. Think of the football team they could field

if he does that would he not be like hitler did in the 30s when he annexed austria declaren that he was freeing germans that lived there."

Kind of but as an old Soviet he may well see it as reuniting the U.S.S.R

over a year ago

if he does that would he not be like hitler did in the 30s when he annexed austria declaren that he was freeing germans that lived there.

Kind of but as an old Soviet he may well see it as reuniting the U.S.S.R"

but sure didnt the Ukraines vote to go it alone and the russians called the vote illegal and there trying to take it by force.I wonder what part off the old soviet block will be next if they get away with this one.

over a year ago

if he does that would he not be like hitler did in the 30s when he annexed austria declaren that he was freeing germans that lived there."

that's incorrect, Austria joined Germany and hitler was Austrian himself. btw. hitler and Stalin had a contract over dividing Poland etc way before the war started.

however, the western world will do not much and Russia has the resources to live with the sanctions, also majority of gas and oil for Europe comes still from Russia, so Europe needs to be careful as well otherwise they break their own leg...

over a year ago

This is becomming a good debate if anyone wants to post there views please dont be afraid to leave a comment.

over a year ago

Putin annexed Crimea earlier this year but its not connected to mother Russia by land....so they now want a strip of eastern Ukraine to make connection. There is nothing the West is going to do about it apart from huff & puff and some sanctions here and there....apart from that there is nothing the West can or will do. Putin has reminded everyone in the last few days that Russia are a nuclear power and not to be messed with......On a separate issue, did you know that there are 10 million more women in Russia than there are men. Now thats something the West could tackle.

over a year ago

Well if Russia do invade and the western powers do nothing then it will be the collapse of NATO. The UN won't do anything as they are peace keepers. We may have to take up arms and defend or little fab island what ever the cost will be. We will fight them on the beaches

over a year ago

"Putin annexed Crimea earlier this year but its not connected to mother Russia by land....so they now want a strip of eastern Ukraine to make connection. There is nothing the West is going to do about it apart from huff & puff and some sanctions here and there....apart from that there is nothing the West can or will do. Putin has reminded everyone in the last few days that Russia are a nuclear power and not to be messed with......On a separate issue, did you know that there are 10 million more women in Russia than there are men. Now thats something the West could tackle."

pretty much

over a year ago

The yanks and the EU don't have the balls to do anything other than a few stern words it# grand to invade 3rd world states remove one despot and replace them with a new flavor to suit them but they know ruskies would flatten them us in no time fuck sake Britain has only keeps 7days storage of natural gas the rest comes via Russia they can cripple the UK by turning a valve and to.think those preppers looked nuts lol

Excuse the spelling my screens bust

Now I'm away to brush up on my Russian language skills

over a year ago

I don't have gas so as they said on the titanic. Everyman women and child for themselves.

over a year ago

"The yanks and the EU don't have the balls to do anything other than a few stern words it# grand to invade 3rd world states remove one despot and replace them with a new flavor to suit them but they know ruskies would flatten them us in no time fuck sake Britain has only keeps 7days storage of natural gas the rest comes via Russia they can cripple the UK by turning a valve and to.think those preppers looked nuts lol

Now I'm away to brush up on my Russian language skills"

yea was kind off surprised when putin hasnt even threatend tbe use off nuclear weapons yet like north korea have often done.I think hes secretly thinking he has the west over a barrel.

over a year ago

"The yanks and the EU don't have the balls to do anything other than a few stern words it# grand to invade 3rd world states remove one despot and replace them with a new flavor to suit them but they know ruskies would flatten them us in no time fuck sake Britain has only keeps 7days storage of natural gas the rest comes via Russia they can cripple the UK by turning a valve and to.think those preppers looked nuts lol

yea was kind off surprised when putin hasnt even threatend tbe use off nuclear weapons yet like north korea have often done.I think hes secretly thinking he has the west over a barrel."

No point in threatening nuclear war, that's just M.A.D (mutual assured destruction) he fires one, the U.S and the UK retort and the world goes poof

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

yea was kind off surprised when putin hasnt even threatend tbe use off nuclear weapons yet like north korea have often done.I think hes secretly thinking he has the west over a barrel."

dont think its much of secret he has hte west over an economic barrell, and both Russia and West have serious issues with China to take this to far, as for the imperial russian overtures in the east, it is likely only to spread as far as russian speaking areas with a high level of russian ethnic groups. The upshot would be to keep Russian bordering nations at a state of higher state of alert and awareness of Russian foreign policy.

It would be unlikely they invade much further as the backlash from freedom fighters with a significant hatred of soviet dictatorship in the past would be too great for Russia to economically support!

Great debate

over a year ago

It could work out 2 ways for putin.

1.Russia regains all its regions that she lost over the last couple off years with countries breaking away from the soviet block and he becomes a hero in the eyes of the Soviets.

OR

2.With the sanctions that the west are imposen on Russia eventually break the Russian people and civil war could be break out in the region.Putin could be disposed off and a new leader installed.

I wonder what one.

over a year ago

Russia bad for invading Afghanistan.

America/Europe good for invading Afghanistan

Russia bad for supporting people who want to be free.

America/Europe good for supporting people who want to be free, even if they are terrorists.

Russia/China bad bad hackers, be careful.

America/Europe, biggest hackers in history but good guys.

All russia did was support people who want to be russian. They see the world from a slightly different point of view from us. They are not evil.

Europe has a backbone, but russia hasnt done anything bad yet. Our media tells you its bad to control YOU, our governments dont care what they ave done so far.

By *andytownMan
over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"So the west are now puttin more sanctions on Russia again it diesnt seem to bother the Russians all that much as they seem to be still backing Russian Rebel forces in the Ukraine.

The question i'm asking will this lead to a military conflict between Russia and western powers.What do people it be nice to see a debate for once in the forums for a change?."

Sanctions will not work , only the wee people suffer and they are in abject poverty atm anyway.....this is all about natural resources , access , minerals and distribution !!

Putin is in a very powerful position , due to the Wests fear factor of interfering . They've waited so long he now has them over an "oil" barrel !

I can see a large civil war and soon....it will be bloody and short and the West will roll behind a new "friend"

over a year ago

"So the west are now puttin more sanctions on Russia again it diesnt seem to bother the Russians all that much as they seem to be still backing Russian Rebel forces in the Ukraine.

The question i'm asking will this lead to a military conflict between Russia and western powers.What do people it be nice to see a debate for once in the forums for a change?.

Sanctions will not work , only the wee people suffer and they are in abject poverty atm anyway.....this is all about natural resources , access , minerals and distribution !!

Putin is in a very powerful position , due to the Wests fear factor of interfering . They've waited so long he now has them over an "oil" barrel !

I can see a large civil war and soon....it will be bloody and short and the West will roll behind a new "friend""

I can civil war breaking out in Russia not now but maybe in the next few years.

Post new Message to Thread