Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

If that's the case why so secret?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was thinking. A lot of posters claim to live life how they please and damn the begrudgers.

We can do want we want (legally of course) and why should we judge others! (See the "to much" thread)

If so why are we so secretive? Shouldn't we be proud to be so liberal even if people look down at us? Sod them if they don't like it we are doing no harm?

Would it cause real life problems if we were more open?

If so what?

Why do we hide our faves and worry about being recognised?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ecretly seductiveWoman
over a year ago

Palookaville

Ermmm..... Because in Ireland we aren't supposed to even enjoy sex... Never mind do it with other people who also enjoy it

over a year ago

"Ermmm..... Because in Ireland we aren't supposed to even enjoy sex... Never mind do it with other people who also enjoy it "

So what? We are so why do we care if the "prudes" or church goers disapprove?

How would it change our lives? If it does at all?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Depends what people's circumstances are really.

I'm single and my mum knows I'm on here so I've no worry about what people outside of that may think.

Others have families or jobs they want to protect, as not everyone is as liberal as people on fab, and opinions of what happens can often be misunderstood.

By *ot neuteredMan
over a year ago

Kildare

A lot of people don't want too be recognised on here as it could have a knock on effect on there careers, family etc

over a year ago

Palookaville

"Depends what people's circumstances are really.

I'm single and my mum knows I'm on here so I've no worry about what people outside of that may think.

Others have families or jobs they want to protect, as not everyone is as liberal as people on fab, and opinions of what happens can often be misunderstood."

wow. . Sensible duffer out again! ! Exactly what he said!

over a year ago

Others have families or jobs they want to protect, as not everyone is as liberal as people on fab, and opinions of what happens can often be misunderstood.

wow. . Sensible duffer out again! ! Exactly what he said! "

There's more to me than meets the eye

over a year ago

I think it's more what other people think, for instance a teacher who swings would have parents of their pupils objecting to teaching their children. Other professions such as solicitors, doctors, police too would have non swingers would come under strict scrutiny also if it came out they swing too

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/08/14 19:19:12]

over a year ago

our adult children know and dont have a problem with it and while we could'nt give a shite who knows we have to take their feelings into consideration too so keep it to ourseles

over a year ago

wow. . Sensible duffer out again! ! Exactly what he said! "

Shocked to the core

over a year ago

"I think it's more what other people think, for instance a teacher who swings would have parents of their pupils objecting to teaching their children. Other professions such as solicitors, doctors, police too would have non swingers would come under strict scrutiny also if it came out they swing too"

But if they were just promiscuous then that's ok?

If they wore the uniform on here then fair enough but can you really lose a job in this day and age for this?

Doesn't it feel like persecution on par with being gay some years back?

over a year ago

Palookaville

"I think it's more what other people think, for instance a teacher who swings would have parents of their pupils objecting to teaching their children. Other professions such as solicitors, doctors, police too would have non swingers would come under strict scrutiny also if it came out they swing too

If they wore the uniform on here then fair enough but can you really lose a job in this day and age for this?

Doesn't it feel like persecution on par with being gay some years back?"

really ... You're either very naive or very innocent if you think it wouldn't! !

over a year ago

Friends of mine know, certain work colleagues but I'm not going to tell my bosses, my grandmother might not understand. I'm open enough but my private life is just that

over a year ago

"I think it's more what other people think, for instance a teacher who swings would have parents of their pupils objecting to teaching their children. Other professions such as solicitors, doctors, police too would have non swingers would come under strict scrutiny also if it came out they swing too

really ... You're either very naive or very innocent if you think it wouldn't! ! "

I'm not naive I'm just playing devils advocate to keep the discussion going.

Personally I do a lot of work involving kids so I know how frowned upon it would be just having my profile here.

But I still think it wrong.

If you sacked a person for being gay that's illegal!

So why would should this be any different!

over a year ago

Palookaville

really ... You're either very naive or very innocent if you think it wouldn't! !

I'm not naive I'm just playing devils advocate to keep the discussion going.

Personally I do a lot of work involving kids so I know how frowned upon it would be just having my profile here.

But I still think it wrong.

If you sacked a person for being gay that's illegal!

So why would should this be any different! "

have to agree! ! Swinging is not illegal. . Nobody forces anyone to do anything. .. and yet if people are "found out" however you chose to put it. . They would be vilified generally. ... its a shame... but many people are not really that tolerant of this among other things

By *am2camhornyCouple
over a year ago

London

Catch 22 situation really if everyone new and fab was same as facebook then prob 90% of people on here would never have tried swinging in the first place! The fact that its private makes it a safer non judgemental place for people to explore and learn more about themselves! Just our opinion!!

over a year ago

You also have to consider the social consequences of this lifestyle. We live in a fairly small community and id imagine some, not all, wouldn't allow or encourage their other halves / family/friends etc to mix with us socially for fear we mightn't be able to contain ourselves and just jump them

Then there's the single guy scenario to think of too. We get proposals of all sorts on here, ranging from guys asking to meet that very minute or demanding we call them to explain why were not interested... Now imagine that everytime we go the local for a quiet one? Thanks but no thanks, we'll happily keep our anonymity

over a year ago

"You also have to consider the social consequences of this lifestyle. We live in a fairly small community and id imagine some, not all, wouldn't allow or encourage their other halves / family/friends etc to mix with us socially for fear we mightn't be able to contain ourselves and just jump them

Then there's the single guy scenario to think of too. We get proposals of all sorts on here, ranging from guys asking to meet that very minute or demanding we call them to explain why were not interested... Now imagine that everytime we go the local for a quiet one? Thanks but no thanks, we'll happily keep our anonymity "

So the prudes are only half the story, pushy, horn dogs are also keeping swinging underground!

Lack of education in how swinging really is if you ask me!

Seems that a large majority think swinging is "I'll get naked a fuck for your pleasure any time, place or with anyone!" That doesn't help! Am I close?

Great reply by the way!

over a year ago

"Catch 22 situation really if everyone new and fab was same as facebook then prob 90% of people on here would never have tried swinging in the first place! The fact that its private makes it a safer non judgemental place for people to explore and learn more about themselves! Just our opinion!!"

over a year ago

"You also have to consider the social consequences of this lifestyle. We live in a fairly small community and id imagine some, not all, wouldn't allow or encourage their other halves / family/friends etc to mix with us socially for fear we mightn't be able to contain ourselves and just jump them

Then there's the single guy scenario to think of too. We get proposals of all sorts on here, ranging from guys asking to meet that very minute or demanding we call them to explain why were not interested... Now imagine that everytime we go the local for a quiet one? Thanks but no thanks, we'll happily keep our anonymity "

over a year ago

Mr works heavily in the public eye,and I'm on the school board ect,I don't have any guilt or am I in any way ashamed of what we do,but I have very conservative friends,I'm sure I'd be shunned so what!!but more importantly my kids I feel they would be too...and i could never deal with that!

By *vsnikkiTV/TS
over a year ago

Limavady

Personally not secretive. I don't tell others my bank details either. Fab life is fab and I am Nikki, private life is private and I am not Nikki.

over a year ago

Go for it OP if you dont care and have the confidence to back it up.

In Ireland, in small communities, people talk, and judge.

I dont want to be walking into my local and to have people talking and sneering about me behind my back because i know thats what would go on and i dont want to have my family to listen to it either.

Plus, im not sure how it would effect future prospects for employment so im gonna ere on the side of caution.

Post new Message to Thread