Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

mental Health

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone involved in mental health or in the field...

None judgmental help needed

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"Anyone involved in mental health or in the field...

None judgmental help needed"

without sounding funny there are many places you can get non judgmental advie from the samaretins peita house just to name two

i hope this helps man

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Suicidal from no sex as your status states? Is that what you mean??

over a year ago

Try mentalhealthireland.ie and click on the useful links section. Lots of help there for different problems. Wish you well xx

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Plenty places around where mental health concerned either via the phone of some drop in places.

I have noticed your status hardly the reason to be suicidal.

If the problem is deeper than consult a doctor of even a close family of friend.

over a year ago

Confused over this one but have too say rejection can be a fecker sometimes.

over a year ago

"Try mentalhealthireland.ie and click on the useful links section. Lots of help there for different problems. Wish you well xx"
or call the Samaritans....best of luck

over a year ago

It's very brave to ask for help hun, I hope u take the advice and call someone who can help, big hugs xxxx

over a year ago

You could try letsomeoneknow.ie

over a year ago

"It's very brave to ask for help hun, I hope u take the advice and call someone who can help, big hugs xxxx"

over a year ago

"It's very brave to ask for help hun, I hope u take the advice and call someone who can help, big hugs xxxx

"

+1

Definitely talk to somebody, its the first step to help

over a year ago

I sufferd from depression a few year ago but ok now letting people know really helps.Chatting to friends and a councilor really helped me out alot plus getting rid off all negative people out off my life chin up mate things will get better and theres always light at the end off the tunnel.

over a year ago

NINA =Need Information Need Advice is a suicide awareness group they are on facebook or you can google them thay are based in dublin, My family set up this charity after my 18yr old cousin Hung himself, If you need to talk Please Please talk to someone anyone as long as you get the help you need, here is a link to their facebook page where you will get phone numbers etc etc

bhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/NINA-For-Life-Suicide-awareness/576227902411655

I wish you well

over a year ago

Fair dues mr. Biggles.. . Possibly the most honest post i've ever encountered. . hopefully it will inspire others. . . I take my hat off . .

By *icketyupWoman
over a year ago

dublin

There's lots of websites available

Mentalhealthireland.ie

Yourmentalhealth.ie

Grow.ie (voluntary support group for all mental health problems)

Aware.ie (support group for depression)

Pietahouse.ie

Most of the voluntary services have contact lines and will be available on their websites but the Samaritans have launched a free helpline and the number is 116123

If you're not attached to a mental health clinic the best advice is to contact your GP, should you feel you need further support they can refer you on.

If you are attached to a mental health clinic you could contact your local admission unit to speak with nursing staff and contact your mental health clinic tomorrow morning for an appointment if you feel you need this

Hope this helps a bit!

over a year ago

"I sufferd from depression a few year ago but ok now letting people know really helps.Chatting to friends and a councilor really helped me out alot plus getting rid off all negative people out off my life chin up mate things will get better and theres always light at the end off the tunnel."

I wish I was as brave as you Well done

By *icketyupWoman
over a year ago

dublin

Oh I meant to add to that as well that even if you've never attended mental health services you can contact your local admission unit, some services you have to present to a&e first so your best bet in to contact them first by phone. All the contacts should be in this link

http://www.hse.ie/portal/eng/services/list/4/Mental_Health_Services/

over a year ago

"I sufferd from depression a few year ago but ok now letting people know really helps.Chatting to friends and a councilor really helped me out alot plus getting rid off all negative people out off my life chin up mate things will get better and theres always light at the end off the tunnel.

I wish I was as brave as you Well done "

must admit it was really tough going but im in a way better place off mind now thank god.

over a year ago

"Fair dues mr. Biggles.. . Possibly the most honest post i've ever encountered. . hopefully it will inspire others. . . I take my hat off . ."

over a year ago

"I sufferd from depression a few year ago but ok now letting people know really helps.Chatting to friends and a councilor really helped me out alot plus getting rid off all negative people out off my life chin up mate things will get better and theres always light at the end off the tunnel.

must admit it was really tough going but im in a way better place off mind now thank god."

That's great to hear now I hope the OP takes some of the advice given here and he will also get to a great place

over a year ago

must admit it was really tough going but im in a way better place off mind now thank god.

That's great to hear now I hope the OP takes some of the advice given here and he will also get to a great place"

I wonder why the op hasn't commented....

over a year ago

That's great to hear now I hope the OP takes some of the advice given here and he will also get to a great place

I wonder why the op hasn't commented...."

It is strange but maybe he is overwhelmed

over a year ago

It is strange but maybe he is overwhelmed "

Perhaps....or maybe the thread wasn't started as a serious topic and all these genuine sincere folks have opened up and offered advice to fall on deaf ears?

over a year ago

Perhaps....or maybe the thread wasn't started as a serious topic and all these genuine sincere folks have opened up and offered advice to fall on deaf ears?

"

Well I hope not because this subject is not an easy one for anyone to talk about in the open believe me I know and now I have disclosed that a very close member of my family hung himself last year

over a year ago

Well I hope not because this subject is not an easy one for anyone to talk about in the open believe me I know and now I have disclosed that a very close member of my family hung himself last year "

sincere thread or not, it's great to see everyone giving advice on this subject...

over a year ago

Well I hope not because this subject is not an easy one for anyone to talk about in the open believe me I know and now I have disclosed that a very close member of my family hung himself last year sincere thread or not, it's great to see everyone giving advice on this subject..."

It is great, no matter what we do seem to rally round and help each other out when we can

over a year ago

Well I hope not because this subject is not an easy one for anyone to talk about in the open believe me I know and now I have disclosed that a very close member of my family hung himself last year "

That's devastating news Tina I'm so gutted to hear that. I work with self harmers of all ages so I know that this topic is a raw one....I'd also hate for this to have been an insincere start that opened wounds for those who read it...

over a year ago

Well I hope not because this subject is not an easy one for anyone to talk about in the open believe me I know and now I have disclosed that a very close member of my family hung himself last year

That's devastating news Tina I'm so gutted to hear that. I work with self harmers of all ages so I know that this topic is a raw one....I'd also hate for this to have been an insincere start that opened wounds for those who read it..."

Thank you x

By *ecretly seductiveWoman
over a year ago

Palookaville

That's devastating news Tina I'm so gutted to hear that. I work with self harmers of all ages so I know that this topic is a raw one....I'd also hate for this to have been an insincere start that opened wounds for those who read it..."

it is wonderful how often folk in here can be so supportive when people need it. .. whether the thread was stated as genuine or as an ill thought out statement it says a lot to anyone who might be in a position of being support .it was amazingly brave of you to share that tina and it speaks volumes about your kindness. X

over a year ago

Sorry was a bit taken aback by support and help

I've been through a few of these companies like Pieta house which helped at the certain times

Just an ongoing issue and I am medicating through my gp just put on a waiting list for professional help

Not easy but thxs

over a year ago

"Sorry was a bit taken aback by support and help

I've been through a few of these companies like Pieta house which helped at the certain times

Just an ongoing issue and I am medicating through my gp just put on a waiting list for professional help

Not easy but thxs

"

You're welcome..I'm sure you can see how sincere others have been.....

over a year ago

That's devastating news Tina I'm so gutted to hear that. I work with self harmers of all ages so I know that this topic is a raw one....I'd also hate for this to have been an insincere start that opened wounds for those who read it...

it is wonderful how often folk in here can be so supportive when people need it. .. whether the thread was stated as genuine or as an ill thought out statement it says a lot to anyone who might be in a position of being support .it was amazingly brave of you to share that tina and it speaks volumes about your kindness. X"

By *ylonsLuvaDan69Man
over a year ago

Mallow

Freephone 116123 a confidential 24/7 helpline. Best wishes.

over a year ago

Not easy but thxs

"

It is not easy but you will get through it and please just talk to anyone if you are ever in a bad way

over a year ago

it is wonderful how often folk in here can be so supportive when people need it. .. whether the thread was stated as genuine or as an ill thought out statement it says a lot to anyone who might be in a position of being support .it was amazingly brave of you to share that tina and it speaks volumes about your kindness. X"

Thank you SS, I don't like to think of people alone and in need of help if I can help I will even if it is only a ear to listen

over a year ago

Not easy but thxs

"

I was waiting a good while but it does help i found exercise changed my diet around got out and about abit.I sat down one moring and started too get rid off all the has beens the whats ifs and the how comes slowly i pulled myself back.

I do have bad days sometimes i mean we all do thats life but when i do i take up a hobby that really helps too keep the mind occupied.

I hope u do get through this mate depression is a nasty illness and were all around here too help.

over a year ago

What a fantastic bunch of people you all are,any wonder this young man was overwhelmed by all your kind words and advice.Best of luck to him xx

over a year ago

None judgmental help needed"

Hi, male here. I work in the counselling, mental health field, if i can be of any help pm me.

over a year ago

Not easy but thxs

I was waiting a good while but it does help i found exercise changed my diet around got out and about abit.I sat down one moring and started too get rid off all the has beens the whats ifs and the how comes slowly i pulled myself back.

I do have bad days sometimes i mean we all do thats life but when i do i take up a hobby that really helps too keep the mind occupied.

I hope u do get through this mate depression is a nasty illness and were all around here too help."

Yes we are all here to help and take this advice it's very good, a walk , run ,visit friends when you are not feeling the best it may not sound it but it will help take your mind of things and take from people who know, who have been there and who are willing to listen and help if we can, I really do wish you the best

over a year ago

None judgmental help needed

Hi, male here. I work in the counselling, mental health field, if i can be of any help pm me."

Fair play to you

over a year ago

Thank you

I'm humbled

By *ecretly seductiveWoman
over a year ago

Palookaville

Look after yourself! !

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

Admiting you need help is a good step. Fair play to you. Mental health issues is nothing to be embarrassed about and your on the right track. Good luck.

By *icketyupWoman
over a year ago

dublin

[Removed by poster at 27/08/14 22:29:39]

By *icketyupWoman
over a year ago

dublin

Hey I meant to say in my previous post that I'm a mental health nurse if you feel you need to talk you know where to find me, if ya send a wink I'll send you a mail! Hope you're doing okay and fair play to ya for looking for the help that takes a huge amount of courage

over a year ago

"Hey I meant to say in my previous post that I'm a mental health nurse if you feel you need to talk you know where to find me, if ya send a wink I'll send you a mail! Hope you're doing okay and fair play to ya for looking for the help that takes a huge amount of courage"

over a year ago

Sometimes finding someone who you can talk to does help but can be difficult to find the right person. Speaking from personal experience here

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

As someone who asked for help when i split up wit my kids and have experienced the system i strongly advise you seek the counselling services posted above and if at all possible stay away from the state mental health system and the endless pill they push on you.and i mean push

i know an awful lot of cases need medication and it helps improve their lives dramatically.even give them their lives back but alot just need someone to talk to and you dont get it,just more pills.at least thats how it was 10 years ago

the link between these state phyciatrists and drug companies is an expose waiting to happen.a multi billion industry with it victims left like zombies,lives destroyed

take medication if you need it but think of it as short term.always better to talk

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

have to say the system in certain parts of the country has improved, as someone that was through the system 2 years ago after having a break down, yes the consultants are still trying to push the tablet but its the people that work under them are the hero's in my eyes as they are the people that sit down and listen to u and they are there 24hrs a day, its just a matter of trying to get into the system . to the poster of this topic the most important thing is to talk to people caus I firmly believe if u can find one person that u can talk to and that understands u and put a smile on ur face let it be male or female ur on a winner. u can send a mail if u want a chat

mr crazy

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

"What a fantastic bunch of people you all are,any wonder this young man was overwhelmed by all your kind words and advice.Best of luck to him xx"

wouldnt look at it that people are a fantastic bunch, think everyone knows someone who suffer from depression and were just not afraid to talk about it . I think people who suffer should go into school and give advice, and if students espically males listen to real life stories maybe they would under stand that they are still normal if the suffer from it.

mr crazy

over a year ago

"As someone who asked for help when i split up wit my kids and have experienced the system i strongly advise you seek the counselling services posted above and if at all possible stay away from the state mental health system and the endless pill they push on you.and i mean push

i know an awful lot of cases need medication and it helps improve their lives dramatically.even give them their lives back but alot just need someone to talk to and you dont get it,just more pills.at least thats how it was 10 years ago

the link between these state phyciatrists and drug companies is an expose waiting to happen.a multi billion industry with it victims left like zombies,lives destroyed

take medication if you need it but think of it as short term.always better to talk"

over a year ago

"Sometimes finding someone who you can talk to does help but can be difficult to find the right person. Speaking from personal experience here"

But when you do it's an amazing feeling

feeling. I've been fighting depression for years and struggled to find a good counsellor, and when I did... It was like a light going on. We just gelled and it worked. Not going to say she cured me, but she made things much better and I love her for that.

To those suffering in silence, please don't.

There is someone, always someone, out there who cares about you and will listen.

Like I said to a friend recently it's patronising to say "you'll be ok" because when you're in that place it feels like nothing can ever be ok ever again.

But, this place is temporary...you'll move on.

And despite anything you may feel or think, you're worth it and you're loved

Sorry for the rambling post x

over a year ago

I'm on meds but working on other alternative work for myself

Not ashamed to say I'm nuts

Everyday is a new day and talking to a few people in here is helping

over a year ago

I have been to 3 funerals in the past 8 months of young men (under 25) who have ended their own lives. Only one of them was considered high risk..the devastation left from this is unearable and yes for some reason young males are more at risk....

over a year ago

"I'm on meds but working on other alternative work for myself

Everyday is a new day and talking to a few people in here is helping "

I can rem taking the meds for my depression found it tough going at the start used too sleep the whole time.I found taking up a hobby helpd me out big time going for walks and other stuff.

over a year ago

"I'm on meds but working on other alternative work for myself

Everyday is a new day and talking to a few people in here is helping

I can rem taking the meds for my depression found it tough going at the start used too sleep the whole time.I found taking up a hobby helpd me out big time going for walks and other stuff.

"

Port and fab is my outlet

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/08/14 17:26:13]

By *icketyupWoman
over a year ago

dublin

"As someone who asked for help when i split up wit my kids and have experienced the system i strongly advise you seek the counselling services posted above and if at all possible stay away from the state mental health system and the endless pill they push on you.and i mean push

take medication if you need it but think of it as short term.always better to talk

"

As a nurse in the mental health service I do agree with you on some level but I think some of what you've said is unfair as things have changed in most areas. Don't get me wrong the service is absolutely nowhere near perfect but there are a lot of people that do a huge amount of work directly with service users. There are home care teams, day hospitals within most services which tend to be nurse led which involves listening and helping people learn coping skills and strategies for life and some where possible can come off medication. I agree that the voluntary organisations and counselling services do some amazing work and I always refer people onto them. From listening to the reports of service users support groups such as AWARE have been hugely beneficial to them as they provide peer support but also as a social outlet.

Post new Message to Thread