Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Own Personal Ego Boost Thread

Jump to newest

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Alright lads and ladies, just letting you know I need some attention so I said I'd make a post just for that very reason. A very small proportion of yous know me so you'll understand, but for those who don't, just bear with it - you don't have a choice anyway. Injokes more than welcome! Anyone who knows me personally and wants to chat through PM, don't bother, just write here or preferably make a new thread with my name as the subject and I'll reply.

Obviously to the typical naysayers who sometimes pop-up in the Ireland forum - this is my thread for me and my friends. We're only having the #bantz so if you have an issue that's your own fault. Lighten up. Only having some craic. #teamcraic

If I don't know you, think twice before replying, but if you want to meet and see this as a chance to show your loyalty, work away. Just don't forget to add an offensive amount of smileys.

Chat later. lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Alright lads and ladies, just letting you know I need some attention so I said I'd make a post just for that very reason. A very small proportion of yous know me so you'll understand, but for those who don't, just bear with it - you don't have a choice anyway. Injokes more than welcome! Anyone who knows me personally and wants to chat through PM, don't bother, just write here or preferably make a new thread with my name as the subject and I'll reply.

Obviously to the typical naysayers who sometimes pop-up in the Ireland forum - this is my thread for me and my friends. We're only having the #bantz so if you have an issue that's your own fault. Lighten up. Only having some craic. #teamcraic

If I don't know you, think twice before replying, but if you want to meet and see this as a chance to show your loyalty, work away. Just don't forget to add an offensive amount of smileys.

Chat later. lol

"

Oh, and don't forget to quote this in your replies, even way after it becomes irrelevant to your post.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Phil, can I ask you something? What's the actual purpose of your post? To take the piss out of regular forum posters? That's grand, point taken. You don't like the banter, the people who know each other and get on, the quotes, the hijacking of threads and the over use of smileys (guilty). So you post a thread dripping in sarcasm and beyond passive aggressive. But genuinely I am curious as to what effect you think it will have? Is it to poke a reaction? Coz the only thing it makes me think is your jealous of not being included? And if I'm wrong and you don't give a shit about not being included, then why go to the bother of trying to stir shit? Do what the site is for and go off and have ur no strings sex. No need to abuse the regulars on here?

over a year ago

Perhaps but it's an amusing read for those it's not pointed at, maybe more so than some of the threads it's taking the piss out of. The more relevant question I guess was your need to respond. That bit about if you don't like the thread, move on to one you do, applies to everyone equally

Live and let live people

over a year ago

"Phil, can I ask you something? What's the actual purpose of your post? To take the piss out of regular forum posters? That's grand, point taken. You don't like the banter, the people who know each other and get on, the quotes, the hijacking of threads and the over use of smileys (guilty). So you post a thread dripping in sarcasm and beyond passive aggressive. But genuinely I am curious as to what effect you think it will have? Is it to poke a reaction? Coz the only thing it makes me think is your jealous of not being included? And if I'm wrong and you don't give a shit about not being included, then why go to the bother of trying to stir shit? Do what the site is for and go off and have ur no strings sex. No need to abuse the regulars on here?"

over a year ago

"Phil, can I ask you something? What's the actual purpose of your post? To take the piss out of regular forum posters? That's grand, point taken. You don't like the banter, the people who know each other and get on, the quotes, the hijacking of threads and the over use of smileys (guilty). So you post a thread dripping in sarcasm and beyond passive aggressive. But genuinely I am curious as to what effect you think it will have? Is it to poke a reaction? Coz the only thing it makes me think is your jealous of not being included? And if I'm wrong and you don't give a shit about not being included, then why go to the bother of trying to stir shit? Do what the site is for and go off and have ur no strings sex. No need to abuse the regulars on here?

"

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Phil, can I ask you something? What's the actual purpose of your post? To take the piss out of regular forum posters? That's grand, point taken. You don't like the banter, the people who know each other and get on, the quotes, the hijacking of threads and the over use of smileys (guilty). So you post a thread dripping in sarcasm and beyond passive aggressive. But genuinely I am curious as to what effect you think it will have? Is it to poke a reaction? Coz the only thing it makes me think is your jealous of not being included? And if I'm wrong and you don't give a shit about not being included, then why go to the bother of trying to stir shit? Do what the site is for and go off and have ur no strings sex. No need to abuse the regulars on here?

"

over a year ago

Ehhhhhh............. Oooops smiley alert!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/08/14 11:11:30]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/08/14 11:12:48]

over a year ago

Watch out all those smiley faces might be perceived as your having fun and enjoying yourself .... More control is required less smiley faces remember the amount of fun you have must not be deemed offensive to the less fortunate

over a year ago

Op is as entitled to post what he wants just as much as anyone else . I actually thought it was funny

over a year ago

"Watch out all those smiley faces might be perceived as your having fun and enjoying yourself .... More control is required less smiley faces remember the amount of fun you have must not be deemed offensive to the less fortunate "

Im away to book me nursing home place right now....lol....

over a year ago

"Op is as entitled to post what he wants just as much as anyone else . I actually thought it was funny "

And we are joining in the funny ness ness....

over a year ago

"Phil, can I ask you something? What's the actual purpose of your post? To take the piss out of regular forum posters? That's grand, point taken. You don't like the banter, the people who know each other and get on, the quotes, the hijacking of threads and the over use of smileys (guilty). So you post a thread dripping in sarcasm and beyond passive aggressive. But genuinely I am curious as to what effect you think it will have? Is it to poke a reaction? Coz the only thing it makes me think is your jealous of not being included? And if I'm wrong and you don't give a shit about not being included, then why go to the bother of trying to stir shit? Do what the site is for and go off and have ur no strings sex. No need to abuse the regulars on here?"

Go Lollipop

Well said

over a year ago

"Watch out all those smiley faces might be perceived as your having fun and enjoying yourself .... More control is required less smiley faces remember the amount of fun you have must not be deemed offensive to the less fortunate

Im away to book me nursing home place right now....lol.... "

Jesus mrs p book me a place when word gets out they will be booked up in a shot

over a year ago

As everyone keeps saying here if post has no Interest for you move on . People need to listen to there own advice

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Firstly Lolli, it's supposed to be a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun. No harm or offence is meant at all; to anyone. If I did offend anyone, I encourage them to post here why they're offended and I'm open to having a discussion about it.

I don't dislike the banter, as you put it. Some people's misuse of the forums irks me a little but not enough to go and intentionally offend anyone. As cynical as this post might seem to some, it's 110% not an attack and I'm sorry if said people think so.

I'm definitely not jealous of being including in the #bantz either.

So, the point of this thread... A little satire I suppose? I was feeling funny? A chance to have a little discussion? It's probably a little bit of all of that. Also it's a comment on how some people use the forum, sometimes alienating other users. But all in good fun with none of the venom that people will no doubt read into it.

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Watch out all those smiley faces might be perceived as your having fun and enjoying yourself .... More control is required less smiley faces remember the amount of fun you have must not be deemed offensive to the less fortunate "

lol

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Watch out all those smiley faces might be perceived as your having fun and enjoying yourself .... More control is required less smiley faces remember the amount of fun you have must not be deemed offensive to the less fortunate

lol "

Deciphering some posts amid a sea of smileys isn't really good for your health, especially on a fragile Sunday morning. Readability goes a long way.

over a year ago

lol "

just be careful of the teeth

over a year ago

By *ecretly seductiveWoman
over a year ago

Palookaville

I just wanted to say I find your post quite witty

op

though personally I never find sarcasm or intolerance an attractive trait

On a personal note i am really sorry if you find any of my posts irritating or upsetting.

I'm an insomniac who works with terminally ill people and their families and the forum represents a way for me to leave that behind for a while and enjoy a bit of craic

( something I never realised to be so offensive)

I chat and engage with many people in the forums not just those I know and trust and wouldn't like to think I made anyone feel alienated or irritated.

I honestly don't even know why I'm bothering to explain all this except that I'm a decent inoffensive person and I really don't get the intolerant attitude tbh.

As I've said before for in a community so harshly judged by people outside it. .. How sad that some within that community feel the need to be so critical. . Judgemental and intolerant

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Can you point me towards the intolerance? I don't see it.

And while it's a little criticism of the forums here, if people can't laugh at themselves who can they laugh at? This isn't an attack, like I said.

over a year ago

Phill I dunno what your apology is for to be honest. I think your a funny wee fooker but I have a terrible warped sense of humour.

over a year ago

Palookaville

"Can you point me towards the intolerance? I don't see it.

And while it's a little criticism of the forums here, if people can't laugh at themselves who can they laugh at? This isn't an attack, like I said.

"

there ya go. . It took me so long to write my post I hadn't seen your post explaining that.! Maybe it's a case of getting to know each others wit and sense of humour?

Your original post did feel a little sarcastic and like you were getting a dig at some people but I see that may be open to interpretation. Sarcasm loses me as I'm never sure when people or being nasty or funny unless I know them well .

over a year ago

"Can you point me towards the intolerance? I don't see it.

there ya go. . It took me so long to write my post I hadn't seen your post explaining that.! Maybe it's a case of getting to know each others wit and sense of humour?

Your original post did feel a little sarcastic and like you were getting a dig at some people but I see that may be open to interpretation. Sarcasm loses me as I'm never sure when people or being nasty or funny unless I know them well .

"

That's an issue with sarcasm via,text though. You can't see the intent behind it in messages in comparison to in person.

I personally found it a funny poke at people on here and as for the teeth emoticon

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I think your a funny wee fooker but I have a terrible warped sense of humour. "

Welcome to the club, Tiny. #teamcraic

"Sarcasm loses me as I'm never sure when people or being nasty or funny unless I know them well ."

It was a fun poke at others but with definitely no nastiness. I'm not a nasty person.

over a year ago

Palookaville

"I think your a funny wee fooker but I have a terrible warped sense of humour.

Welcome to the club, Tiny. #teamcraic

Sarcasm loses me as I'm never sure when people or being nasty or funny unless I know them well .

It was a fun poke at others but with definitely no nastiness. I'm not a nasty person."

Me neither. ... Shall we start over? Nice to meet ya Phil. . I'm Mrs S

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

Love an oul bit of sarcasm me. Like a bit of the tongue in cheek too but thats a whole different subject....

And as you said if you can't laugh at yourself etc...

over a year ago

"Firstly Lolli, it's supposed to be a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun. No harm or offence is meant at all; to anyone. If I did offend anyone, I encourage them to post here why they're offended and I'm open to having a discussion about it.

I don't dislike the banter, as you put it. Some people's misuse of the forums irks me a little but not enough to go and intentionally offend anyone. As cynical as this post might seem to some, it's 110% not an attack and I'm sorry if said people think so.

I'm definitely not jealous of being including in the #bantz either.

So, the point of this thread... A little satire I suppose? I was feeling funny? A chance to have a little discussion? It's probably a little bit of all of that. Also it's a comment on how some people use the forum, sometimes alienating other users. But all in good fun with none of the venom that people will no doubt read into it."

Well thank you for a witty as informative response

Apologies your humour was lost in me at 9am on a sat morning.

I don't like to see anyone intentionally left out but as everyone keeps saying, forums are what you make of them, either get involved or don't. It's up to each person

I do see the humour in ur post now that you have said that's it was the intention behind it

I only posed the question as was said before, wit and sarcasm can be lost in translation via text

over a year ago

Water bout ye Phill

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

No need to apologise, Lolli. Yes, it was meant in fun but it was still a criticism so you had every right to pose a defence. And it was you who opened the discussion after the initial post which is what I was going for - some discussion.

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

whole lotta love, not enough smileys. See yourself to the door.

over a year ago

PhiII you genius..

I do something similar and i am an asshole...

You do it and your a cute, witty, intelligent guy with puppy dog eyes!!

I will need to take more notes from you!

Hilarious and nice to see most seeing the thread for what it is...

over a year ago

"whole lotta love, not enough smileys. See yourself to the door."

I'm a smiley addict but I'm cutting down, I'll get me coat

over a year ago

Omg....Lol....lmao....haha....hehe....hoho....pmsl....

over a year ago

"Love an oul bit of sarcasm me. Like a bit of the tongue in cheek too but thats a whole different subject....

And as you said if you can't laugh at yourself etc...

"

Now who or which cheek are we talking about!

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I do something similar and i am an asshole...

"

It's a fine line, my friend! The asshole tag was flirting with me for a while but I've seemed to have escaped! And cute, witty and intelligent? Remember we're the same person so pat yourself on the pat for those fine qualities.

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

It's a fine line, my friend! The asshole tag was flirting with me for a while but I've seemed to have escaped! And cute, witty and intelligent? Remember we're theory same person so pat yourself on the pat for those fine qualities."

Ha I was going to ask was he talking to himself...

over a year ago

It's a fine line, my friend! The asshole tag was flirting with me for a while but I've seemed to have escaped! And cute, witty and intelligent? Remember we're the same person so pat yourself on the pat for those fine qualities."

over a year ago

"

Remember we're the same person so pat yourself on the pat for those fine qualities."

I think you are me from the fab future coming back to make sure i have back up on the forums..

PhiII being the witty and sarcastic offering while Im the antagonistic and sarcastic side of the deal...

Like good cop/bad cop but in a more structured way.

Bit of a niche offering i think

over a year ago

Palookaville

"

Remember we're the same person so pat yourself on the pat for those fine qualities.

I think you are me from the fab future coming back to make sure i have back up on the forums..

PhiII being the witty and sarcastic offering while Im the antagonistic and sarcastic side of the deal...

Like good cop/bad cop but in a more structured way.

Bit of a niche offering i think

"

now now boys! That could be a clique lol

over a year ago

"

now now boys! That could be a clique lol "

An open and friendly clique to new and old members

over a year ago

Palookaville

"

now now boys! That could be a clique lol

An open and friendly clique to new and old members "

sounds perfect to me! !

By *hiII OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Bit of a niche offering i think"

Why we're not in high demand is beyond me.

over a year ago

Palookaville

"Bit of a niche offering i think

Why we're not in high demand is beyond me."

if I had an"innocent whistling " emoticon now is when I would be using it lol .... Actually you're fun one on one

Post new Message to Thread